Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Default Explanation of items on blogs

Is there anywhere that explains the different items stated on a blog as I am not familiar with any of them.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #2  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but here is a list of acronyms typically used in posts (and blogs, too, I assume).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-acronyms.html
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #3  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Not at all, but thankyou for the response.

The things that I don't understand are

Tags
Categories
Excerpts
Trackbacks
Custom Fields

They seem quite straight forward but how to use them. I did click on them to see what happened but still don't understand....

Last edited by emaline29; 01-09-2011 at 06:29 PM.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #4  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Sorry, I can't help with those terms. I am blog-ignorant.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #5  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaline29 View Post
Not at all, but thankyou for the response.

The things that I don't understand are

Tags
Categories
Excerpts
Trackbacks
Custom Fields

They seem quite straight forward but how to use them. I did click on them to see what happened but still don't understand....
I'll try to help. You don't really need to use or worry about any of them. All I ever use is tags. Though I want to use categories but never get around to setting it up lol

Tags: These are just code words you can use that allow you or others to search and find specific posts about that topic. So if I am blogging about my dinner that night and working out on a treadmill I might put tags as dinner, treadmill. So you can just add any words you want and separate each one with a comma. You don't have to use it.

Categories: Same thing as tags in a way but instead of using a bunch of words you can just kindof organize the posts into specific categories if you want to. You don't have to use it. So if you want you can make categories like workouts, recipes, weigh ins, etc... and then organize your posts in those categories.

Excerpts: Is a small snippet of your entire post. So instead of showing the entire long post you can make like a paragraph of it to summerize and then have people click to read more.

Trackbacks: If you link someone's blog you can post it. It just lets the other person know their post has been linked.

Custom Fields: Lets you add extra little notes. Like saying your mood or such. It explains more here:http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Custom_Fields

Hope that helps
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote