3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet-blogs-journal-faq-help-forum-111/)
-   -   q about transferring a blog (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet-blogs-journal-faq-help-forum/133275-q-about-transferring-blog.html)

suitejudyblueeyes 02-01-2008 02:12 PM

q about transferring a blog

I wonder if it's possible to transfer a blog over to 3FC? I currently have one through wordpress, which makes me think it might be possible since wordpress powers the 3FC blogs. I'd kind of like the extra traffic, ya know? ;) Is it possible? I'd rather not just start all over again....

full of grace 02-19-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2032769)
I wonder if it's possible to transfer a blog over to 3FC? I currently have one through wordpress, which makes me think it might be possible since wordpress powers the 3FC blogs. I'd kind of like the extra traffic, ya know? ;) Is it possible? I'd rather not just start all over again....

This is a great question. One I'd like to know the answer to, too.

I just started my 3FC blog a few days ago and wanted to bring over all of my previous diet-related posts from other blogs. Right now, I have them all saved as drafts, in case that's not allowed, but I'd love to know!

:dizzy:

Suzanne 3FC 02-19-2008 07:43 AM

There is an import option, though I've not tested it. I'll investigate :)

full of grace 02-19-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC (Post 2061709)
There is an import option, though I've not tested it. I'll investigate :)

Thank you SO MUCH! :D :hug:

suitejudyblueeyes 02-19-2008 07:13 PM

Hey, that'd be fantastic! Importing would be the best case scenario. Thanks for looking in to it :)

Suzanne 3FC 02-21-2008 09:40 AM

Can you tell me what version of Wordpress you have installed on your other blog?

suitejudyblueeyes 02-21-2008 08:06 PM

Hmmm.... apparently not. I poked around on my dashboard and didn't find anything like a version identifier.

WordPress is my host (I mean, I don't have another site using a WordPress platform), so I would guess it's whatever comes standard? That's probably not very helpful. :lol:

full of grace 02-23-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC (Post 2065617)
Can you tell me what version of Wordpress you have installed on your other blog?

In case you were asking me as well, my other blogs are not Wordpress, so I was hoping to import from either plain text, HTML, Blogger, or Movable Type formats.

Also, seeing the "Journal Deleted?" thread just now makes me wonder if there is also a "backup" or "archive" or "export" option in the 3FC WordPress setup. I know in my Movable Type blog, I can create a MySQL database of everything I've ever posted--comments and trackbacks included--as well as plain-text versions of exports (which I do once a month just to keep everything archived and backed up, in case of a system outage at the server level or something).

Is this an option with the 3FC-configured WordPress setup? I see you have some settings system-wide disabled and enabled, so perhaps this is one you *can* enable?? Lemmeknow.

Again, thanks for looking into all of this! Very helpful!

full of grace 08-28-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by full of grace (Post 2069536)
Also, seeing the "Journal Deleted?" thread just now makes me wonder if there is also a "backup" or "archive" or "export" option in the 3FC WordPress setup. I know in my Movable Type blog, I can create a MySQL database of everything I've ever posted--comments and trackbacks included--as well as plain-text versions of exports (which I do once a month just to keep everything archived and backed up, in case of a system outage at the server level or something).

Is this an option with the 3FC-configured WordPress setup? I see you have some settings system-wide disabled and enabled, so perhaps this is one you *can* enable?? Lemmeknow.

Again, thanks for looking into all of this! Very helpful!

Just checking back in on this.

Was there ever any word on an import/export function being enabled for the 3FC Wordpress blogs, just so we can have everything saved/backed-up in case something goes wrong someday?

(And also so we can bring over our content from previous diet blogs?)

Thanks again for looking into this and I hope you don't feel pestered by my asking about this again. It's been a few months and I know there's been a blog upgrade this summer, so I was hoping the timing might be right to ask. :D

Thanks for all you do, regardless of whether the above is also do-able!

Suzanne 3FC 08-28-2008 05:04 PM

:o Woops! :o

There is an import/export under the manage tab. I've not tried them out though. I can give it a whirl this evening :)

full of grace 09-05-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC (Post 2337594)
:o Woops! :o

There is an import/export under the manage tab. I've not tried them out though. I can give it a whirl this evening :)

You're a genius!

I hadn't even seen that in the new version of the blogs.

That did exactly the trick.

THANK YOU!!!!

:D :hug: