Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Dieting with Diabetes- December!

Welcome to the Dieting with Diabetes December thread! Come get to know the gang, get and give encouragement and support! We are glad you are here.

A new month and a new thread! Its our last chance to reach whatever goals we had for 2006!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Default My husband is wonderful

Jeff (DH) just spent the last 26 years working for Qwest Communications and retired last summer. The company sent him a catalog of items to gift him with upon retirement. He flipped throught the pages and looked at golf clubs and grandfather clocks, fine watches and jewelry.

Today, a package came in the FedEx. Jeff decided that there wasn't anything in the catalog that he wanted, but he thought I might like this:
Click on picture to read specs.

This is the cutest little camera!
I can take this with me on walks while I exercise it is so light!

Last edited by vikia; 12-03-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #3  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hello, my fellow chicks and a rooster!

Haven't felt very good for the last couple days. BG is through the roof, doing my sick day routine today. Blargh. Went to JcP this morning but ended up coming home early: curled up in my sweats with my down comforter and the laptop. When the battery dies I'll take a nap or something.

I think I'll ask DH to go get me some of my favorite chicken soup....he's outside working on his truck while the weather is still decent.

Hugs to all!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:14 PM   #4  
stbakd

hi all. are we going to see pictures of you? glen
Old 12-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #5  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Howdy all,,haven't been around for a few days,,,poured a cup of cofffee in my k-board,,and zap the was the end of it ,,,so had to look around and ask a few friends and customers if anyone had a used one out there,,I gave all mine away,,figures,,lol,,anyway someone brought me in a used one which i was very thankful for,,just don't have the bucks this time of year to be buying one,,so anyway here i am,,,been scanning tho the posts on the new thread and looks like everyone is doing good ,,sorry to hear you are not feeling well Josian,,,hope you are better soon,,,

Well just dropped by to say hi so hi and have a good week-end all,,later,,Jeanne ,,,bs are running pretty good,,,just about ready for a new byetta,,always makes me nervous,,
Old 12-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Spending the day working on a client project, so I thought I would stop by to just say hi. BGs good, (even after a football party last night). Woke with a 101, I was surprised after I splurged and allowed myself some crackers with the cheese and sausage slices. Someone had made and incredible crabmeat dip and "deviled" eggs with jalepenos that were out of this world. And only had one raspberry martini. All this in place of dinner.

Oh Jeanne! that would not be a good thing at all. "Pour" keyboard!

Glen, I have a little book I have to read to "figure out" my little toy. LOL, why do they make things so complicated to read. But here is a "stealth" picture of my DH I took with it. Much fun during the holidays coming while using it.

Josian, I hope you are feeling better. I love chicken soup too...anytime! My favorite is to simply take canned chicken stock and add a handful of sliced mushrooms, a bit of green onion and celery, cubed tofu, about 1 oz of cubed roasted chicken or ham and bring to a boil, simmer a few minutes to wilt the spinach and you have a delicious and filling soup.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/187/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

I am coloring my hair and only 2 minutes to go until the new blonde me! Just like the commercial, LOL.

That is really sweet of your dh, Viki. I admire him for putting you first, especially after what I assume is several years of marriage! That's nice to hear. Also, made me feel better that someone else is dealing with the holiday/football party syndrome, but I'm really glad that your BGL is good in spite of party food.

I went out of town for the weekend and ate out (badly) for every meal. Also, ate dinner last night at 9:30 b/c of vacation schedule. Also, bought new Chex mix - turtle flavor - which I highly recommend NO ONE BUY because it is very addictive. That was my car snack . No one really needs a car snack for an hour and a half trip, do they?

Hope the coming week is a great one.
Misa
Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #8  

Forgot to mention this - my BGL was good all weekend in spite of the erratic food and eating schedule. Why? Because we walked a ton. That always keeps me level or low.

Misa
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #9  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday,,,the day of lazy for me and my hubby,,,he has been working on his truck this afternoon,,,looks like it needs a new starter,,,dang one thing after the other,,but such is life,,,lol,,

Other than that my bs was 125 this morning and I feel pretty good ,,cold here and suppose to get more snow this week,,,still have a lot on the ground,,,,would rather have the snow than the darn ice tho,,,

Well gang have a good rest of the week-end,,,later ,,Jeanne
Old 12-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #10  

Hey everyone! Not a lot going on here. My bg was 106 this morning...which was good since it often seems to be the same as it is before bed the night before, and last night I ate late and it was 146 when I went to bed! I messed up on timing, so I did not take my evening Byetta shot.

I have to make a dessert to take to a dinner meeting tonight. I am going to make a cheesecake, I think. I want it to be 'diabetic friendly', but something others will enjoy. I have a good recipe, and can make it with agave instead of sugar.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #11  

I weighed in this morning. My weight is 181.4, so I've gained a 1b and a half since I started my campaign to "lose weight". Of course, I haven't been trying hard at all. Just half-heartedly, if I'm honest with myself. Has anyone else GAINED WEIGHT? I feel pretty bad about it. This is not a good time of year to lose weight.

Misa
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there everybody . . .

Wow, it is really hard to believe it is already December 4. For somebody who was bragging about having my shopping done nice and early, I seem to be going crazy with all the other Christmas related stuff that keeps popping up. My BGL is reflecting the hectic pace, too. Not really high or low, just not as level as I would like it to be. So far my eating patterns are holding their own, too . . . but it is a tough undertaking at this time of year. My only real weight goal for this month is to finish it no higher than I started it. Hopefully the old 80/20 rule should keep things steady.

Another busy day lined up for today and we are supposed to be getting our first major snow storm of the season. So far it is just dull and windy but I guess it could start to come down at any minute and so I'd better get a move on. Just wanted to say a quick "HI" and to everyone so you don't think I'm forgetting about you again.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, gang. Keep doing as much of the good stuff as you can manage. See you again really soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #13  
Never Ever Give Up !

HI all !!! Hope this finds everyone doing well today,,I love the start of a new week,,,

MY bs was 130 this morning which surprised me because I ate so good yesterday and then blew it last night,,,i know someone out there can relate,,I ate out of stress,,,and frustration,,,the very worse for me,,, hubby truck still broke down and so he took mine this morning,,,not a big deal except it stops me from going down the hill to get baking stuff,,,and no one can get up here with out 4/wheel drive so I am stuck,,,hopefully he will get it fixed this week,,I work on Tues,,,so will be back to getting up early and taking him to work,,,makes for a long day for me,,I don't sleep well so thats what makes it long,,once I am up ,,I'm up

MOnet,,hope your dinner and cheesecake turn out good,,,nice that you are making it diabetic friendly

Meowee,,,we are suppose to get more snow this week also and this week-end,,,still have a lot up here,,but it does put me in the Christmas mood , Sounds like you have been busy,,

Iammisa,,,yep ,,I have gained a few pds just in the last few weeks,,,I know how you feel,,,I refuse to move my ticker tape,,,hopefully it will be gone in a wk or so,,,will keep you posted,,,i understand tho,,makes me mad,,sad,,and depressed,,all I can relate it to is being lazy about what I eat and stress,,it is so nice to hear someone else is having the same problems as I am sometimes,,,not that I would wish it on anyone,,just don't feel so alone,,,thanks for sharing,,

Gotta run ,,,house work and laundry are calling real loud,,lol,,,thanks friends for being here,,,Jeanne
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #14  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all.

Finally feeling better. I think all the running around from the wedding/holiday caught up with me and my body decided it was time to nap... for 2 days!

feelin' pretty good, although the bgs are still high (240) this morning.

Misa, I have a six-pound flux that I've been trying to get out of for the last year... 177-183. I've been sitting at 183 since before the wedding, but I guess it's better than gaining!

DH has put on about 10 pounds since the wedding!! EEK. We are going to walk tonight, take Skye out for a run. We ALL need it!

Well, off to work. Blargh.

Hugs,
Old 12-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #15  

Dang, it is cold! I know it is nothing to Alaska, Washington, Nevada or Nova Scotia...but still! The wind cuts right through my jeans and makes me cold to the bone! Because of this, I did not go for a walk today. I feel like a lazy butt. I guess cause I AM one!

I just made a batch of low carb Kaulua. It is made with splenda. I actually used some agave in it as well, and it gave it more body. It is supposed to sit for 30 days before you use it, so I wanted to get it going so it would be ready for Christmas. I hope it is good! The blurb on the recipe said it tastes just like the store bought stuff, without any calories. We shall see!
I figure the addition of heavy whipping cream will improve it if necessary! haha!

Gotta go! Almost time to head out for that meeting....
Closed Thread