Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Fatmad I hope you get over the dizziness and have a pleasant summer at the cottage. Always glad to hear from you when you can check in.

Carol Sue I am convinced that doctor's think they are helping. I would hate to think my doctor didn't think he was right, but I am thankful that my doctor does leave the final decision to me. I always read all that information when I get a new medication. That is how I knew that I would never take the meds they have right now for bones. When DH and I talked to his DD Monday night, I told her about my bone density results and that I refused to take the meds and why. DH said that his Mother took Fosamex for years and she broke both hips within less than a year of each other. He said he realized she was old 90 when she died, but it matched everything I read about that medicine as well as the gastric problems which it could cause which I already experience from time to time. We have to stay on top of these things ourselves as best as we can.

Weight is 181.8 today and I was shocked that FBG was 90. That shows that my body does work better with brunch and dinner and no food after. So I will go with that plan.

Have a great day.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good to hear from you, Mad. Hope you feel better, soon.

Trish, my doctor isn't happy when I refuse a med or procedure but he doesn't try to force it.

We just found out a friend's husband died of covid. He might have had long covid. He had 2 shots. He was 84. He was in the hospital a couple times with oxygen for a year or more. They were going to put him in a study when he passed away. He was not a young man. I don't know what his prior medical conditions were. He was her second husband of 14 years. May he rest in peace.

Trish, I'm glad you are still seeing 181. Close to 170s. For sure your body likes that eating schedule. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:11 AM   #483  

Carol Sue So sorry to hear about your friends husband. That is so sad.

I feel like the scale is playing games with me. I get so close to 170s and then bounce back up to 182 or 183. I know it is probably just a stall but I feel like it will eventually come if I don't give up.

I was really hungry tonight but it was too late to eat and even stay within the 12 hr eating window so I didn't eat anything. so I ended up staying within 5 hr eating window making it another good day.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:50 AM   #484  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26923518/

Trish, I found this article that said that consuming dairy products increases satiety and reduces the amount of food eaten at subsequent meals. I thought you might be interested in reading it. This may answer our question if dairy is good for weight loss, but as usual, results may vary person to person.

You just hang on and you will soon see the 170s. I believe I will too, just not as soon as you.

I lost my new bottle of strips. I knew I bought a 2 pk but it was not in all the usual places. I was mad because I thought I was going to have to make a special trip to Wal-Mart on a Saturday. Finally I found them. When I got the new tester I put the extra pk of strips in the empty box. I have no idea why I did that. Good thing I didn't throw the box away, but I was saving it along with the instructions in case I needed them. As soon as I saw the box I remembered that I put the extra strips in it. You should always put things in the same place so you remember where they are.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-25-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:32 PM   #485  

Carol Sue, Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I agree that we will get in the 170s but obviously when our bodies are ready which doesn't seem to be as fast as we want. We won't give up. We will just keep going.

I have learned to have important things like meds, diabetic supplies and other things like that in a special place. Before it was just DH and me, I thought one of the kids had moved things from their right place, but since it is just us, I've learned it was me not putting them where they belong because there is no one else to blame. I'm glad you found it and didn't have to go to Walmart today.

I finally changed my weight on MFP to 181.8. I tried putting it off because the last time I tracked it it was 180. Oh well. FBG was 98 today so the carbs I'm eating isn't raising the bs. I don't seem to be lowering scales right now, so I really want to work at lowering the FBG so it stays in the 90s. I go for lab work in about 5 weeks and hope to still have an A1c in the 4s if at all possible.

I usually make pizza on Saturday but decided that we will have chipped beef. Very carby meal, but with me eating only 2 meals earlier in the day it should be okay.

Hope everybody has a nice day. We will be staying in because our high today is supposed to reach 104 or 105 degrees.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:07 PM   #486  

Trish,when the kids were here, I made either spaghetti or pizza on Saturday.

I have not weighed for a few days. I planned on weighing today but I forgot until I was fully dressed. So I hope to weigh tomorrow. I take responsibility for my weight and inability to lose because I am not doing a good job of doing what I know I need to do to achieve good results. I am eating healthy food but also unhealthy food. I am still overeating. I am eating when not hungry and past satiety. I am not regularly observing my 5-6 hour eating window. I am not exercising on a regular basis. These things are all part of my plan. I AM doing much better with this than in the past. I hope to continue to improve.

I took ground beef out of the freezer to make meat loaf on Saturday. DH changed my plans. So I intended to make it today but once again he changed my plans. When I ask him what he wants for dinner he says its up to me. He doesn't seem to realize how wrong this is. By the time tomorrow rolls around he will say the meat has set out too long.

BBL.

We went to Rodneys for an early dinner. We heard they have a Sunday special of stuffed chicken breast or pork chop so we decided to try it. DH said if we didn't go early he will have to eat before we go so I made a reservation for 12:30. We agreed that it was good but not great and we won't do it again. I will not need to eat again the rest of the day. It was very crowded. I'm glad I made a reservation. I know a lot of people like to go out to eat after church. We brought meat home for the dog. I told him it was pork chop and he ignored it. So I said it was chicken so he went in and ate it! He likes chicken.

I will be curious to see if I get hungry the rest of the day. I will attempt to track my meal on MFP. It will be high carb because the stuffing was good so I ate most of it.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-26-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:11 PM   #487  

Weight was up 1 lb today which I expected it to be up because of all I ate yesterday. The amazing surprise this morning was my FBG which was 89. The white bread doesn't seem to be bothering my blood sugar however after we finish this loaf I will think about switching to a good fiber bread.

I finished reading The Obesity Fix and kind of following "some" of the things that are suggested there, but all don't interest me. I am working on following more of a moderate carb and want to make protein and fiber the key factors of my eating plan. I have always believed that fiber is the key to lowering blood sugar and obviously according to this book and things I'm seeing online, protein is key to helping keep muscle stronger at this age. So I will work at a high protein, moderate carb and what is left will be the fat allowed.

Carol Sue We both have to work around DH and they do have their weird quirks. I really think my DH is tired of the same foods all the time and I know I am so it makes it very difficult in trying to cook something different today. I pray that we both can figure out how to work around this.

For me, DH and I both have our blood sugar in a good healthy range and I do not want to make any changes that may mess that up. I've decided to track meals on MFP but not my exercises because I do not want to eat those calories earned any way.

Have a nice Sunday.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #488  

On MFP I selected the stuffed pork chop with the highest calorie count, 615. My total for the day is 1061 cals and 54 net carbs. It is a guess at best. If I get hungry I will eat. I bet DH will be eating again by 4.

I posted an edit but its not here. I wish they would fix this forum.

Its 6:30 and I'm still not hungry. It was a mistake to eat that big meal. My blood sugar spiked and won't come down. I'm glad DH doesn't want that again. We learn lessons.

I redid my MFP entry, removing the entry for stuffed pork chop and made 2 separate entries for pork chop and stuffing. Same calories but carbs were 105. That is more believable. It made me sleepy and I took a short nap. I took my second dose of G and hope blood sugar comes down by bedtime. Your fasting blood sugar was outstanding, Trish!!

By the way, I sent you an email. I can't do PM.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-26-2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:20 AM   #489  

Last night was horrible. I should not have taken that second G. Maybe half. After seeing glucose over 200 until 8 pm (dinner was at 1 pm) my blood sugar suddenly dropped to 110. Good. However, by midnight it had continued to drop and was at 81. I know that's great blood sugar, but I was afraid it was going to bottom out while I slept so I ate a couple pieces of candy. This morning it was 147.

When my blood sugar spikes from too many carbs it stays up for hours and hours even with G. I have experienced this before. The answer is to not eat a high carb meal! So for me, OMAD does not change the fact that I can't eat a high carb meal. It might be ok for weight loss but not for blood sugar. I spent the whole day worrying about blood sugar and repeatedly testing. I don't understand why my blood sugar takes so long to go up after eating. Or why my G takes so long to work. Online it says it is most effective for 4 hours after taking it but continues to control blood sugar for 24 hours. I have tried taking it at different times to find when its most effective but the truth is keep the carbs out of your diet to eliminate these situations.

I guess I'll get on the scale. I don't want to.

Today I have a lot of laundry to do. Everything needs washed at the same time but some things are more urgent than others.

I found out that I can get on the site with my PC. It's the server on my tablet that's the problem. Unfortunately, I hate getting on my old slow PC. But I will deal with it, or maybe figure something else.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-27-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:10 AM   #490  

I am closing this thread.

Please follow this link to the Summer Discussion.

Diabetes and Prediabetes Thread for Summer 2022 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
Closed Thread