Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I bought 25 strips when I was there and ordered 2- 50 packs for pick up today so I will be good for about a month. If I had this information sooner I would not have ordered. Actually if I don't pick them up in 4 days the order will be cancelled. I have to go today to pick up a prescription so I will look at the new meters while I'm there. Do you and DH use the same meter? You could, but the average reading would be wrong.

DH decided not to replace the deck. He is going to take out one board and turn it over to see how the other side looks. If it looks ok he can do a few boards at a time instead of making it a big project. It would be hard for him to redo the whole thing at 79 years old.

Trixh, I bought a new meter and strips. It was the last box of strips but hopefully they will get more in. I'm not picking up the strips for the old meter.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-06-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:10 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Today was not my best eating day. So it was a wash and I'm sure weight will be up tomorrow.

Carol Sue, I looked at the new meters, etc on line. DH and I have our own meters. We will go to Walmart tomorrow so I will go ahead and get new ones for when we run out of the ones we have.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:20 AM   #408  

They have 3 different Premier Meters. I just got the classic. I don't need the fancy ones.

My eating was ok. Lately I've been eating carbs only at dinner. There are a few carbs that sneak in like in deli turkey. I bought some and have had 2 slices rolled up for lunch. I love deli turkey but only buy it occasionally. I could go hog wild on turkey sandwiches but I'm resisting the bread right now. I bought some bacon at Target but we don't like it. We will eat it but I won't buy it again. It does not get crispy.

Trish, here is Dr Fung talking about vinegar and lemon juice for weight loss and block d sugar control

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-07-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:09 PM   #409  

Carol Sue, Thanks for the link. I watched it and it answers a lot of questions. It explains a lot of things. It has always amazed me that when I ate out that what I ate didn't cause me to gain weight. It was the lemon water that I drink. Also the funny thing is that DH is losing weight and it is the ACV/lemon drink he is drinking every morning. It also explains his FBG improvement. He is getting the readings in the 120s. I may start drinking lemon water with my meal at home and see how things go.

Weight isn't too bad after yesterdays eating. It was 182.4 so no big gain. After listening to Dr. Fung, maybe it was the sauerkraut we had that made the difference.

Today we go to Sam's and Walmart. I will get the classic meter too. Today will be KFC day so I will either get a breast or tenders.

Today starts our high temps. It will be 99 degrees today and then 100s the rest of the week.

Hope everybody has a nice day.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:37 PM   #410  

Trish, I remember you saying your DH doesn't really need to lose weight but lower blood sugar is always good.

My weight always goes up when we eat sauerkraut from the sodium. But I love it. The scale was up to 187 again today. After the potty issues on Saturday I didn't have a movement for 2 days. Now I have potty issues again and I don't know why. I don't know what's causing it.

We have an Amazon order supposed to come today so we are staying home because it looks like rain. We are predicted to have 7 cloudy days in a row. No sun until NEXT Tuesday. Typical Pittsburgh weather. DH bought a little battery tv he can watch anywhere and if the power goes out. We don't want it sitting out in the rain.

I ate early today and took my nap early. I slept the afternoon away. I was dreaming I was going to get a diet coke and woke up wanting one. I got nothing done today. What a day!

I put my ear buds on my tablet so I can watch videos. DH talked to me the whole time I was watching Dr. Fung. I didn't hear a word he said.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:41 PM   #411  

Carol Sue, I can sit here for hours and DH doesn't say a word to me. I can put the ear buds in to listen to something on line or start reading something on line and he becomes like a radio talking to me. I think it is a man thing. I remember when I went to Bible study once a week and all the women complained that as soon as they sat down to study for our lessons, their Hubby's started talking to them.

I got 2 new Relion Primier Classic meters and 2 boxes of the 100 strips so I'm ready for when I run out of the old Relion strips. I always buy the 100 strips when they have them since we both use them.

DH decided that KFC is too expensive since the meal we always bought has gone up to $20. So we got McDs. Big difference in $6 and $20. I'm really glad we got the burgers because I want some chicken livers and gizzards so I can cook those tomorrow.

Sam's no longer carries the Alaskan cod fish so we won't be able to get it any more. I don't like the ones from Walmart.

I think I'm going to take a nap.

BBL
Old 06-07-2022, 06:36 PM   #412  

Trish here is something else I found about vinegar by Dr Fung. I haven't read it yet but it looks like there are a lot of other topics too. I have tried the vinegar and lemon juice in water several times in the past but it never seemed to do anything about my weight or blood sugar but maybe I didn't do it long enough.

https://blog.thefastingmethod.com/th...besity-xxviii/
Old 06-07-2022, 09:18 PM   #413  

Thanks Carol Sue for the link. I like being able to read this because it has a lot of what he said on YouTube plus more. .

I ate 2 meals and although higher calories they were within the 1500 high count which a lot were veggies it was eaten within 4 hrs. I consider it another good day.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:25 AM   #414  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI everyone: up to 158 today. I was actually 160 a few days ago. Amazing how a week makes a difference, on the 3rd I was 155-156. I think one of the sodas I just bought has more sugar in it than I accounted for. It was supposed to be flavoured with a bit of juice, but is sweeter than I would have expected. That and the discovery of Glutino GF pretzels. They are so crunchy! irresistible. I ate too many. I got them as an alternative to crackers to go with cheese etc. But they were so good. Oops, I ate too many. Look what that does to me. They also made me quite constipated and I am just getting over that now. The GF flours really stop me up for some reason.
I leave today for 3 days of meetings and work. The inn promised they could manage GF for me. We also have a member who is vegan. The place we went in December was not ideal, I did ok, but she could barely eat and had almost no protein foods there. So we are trying a new place to hold meetings. Its quite convenient for me, hope the rest of the group enjoys it.
Carol: I hope you managed to hold out on the pancakes. I just put things into the compost bin. I get why you feel its DH's job since he cooked them, but for me, out of sight and mind is important.
Trish: I agree, I think you need some stairs, perhaps a low step to start. Its great being on one floor for living, but those climbing muscles will just get weak if we never use them.
My vocal therapy is going well, and I am noticing some of the problems my therapist points out. I speak too fast, and run out of breath a great deal.
This is good for me work this week, to work on speaking more slowly, breathing while I speak, letting pauses happen.
Well, time to walk Buddy. It looks sunny out, but still a bit cool.
Have a lovely day friends.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:49 AM   #415  

Mad, I let the pancakes sit because if not, he might think I ate them. I want him to clearly see that I did not. Also I don't want to assume he doesn't want them.

I really over ate yesterday. I think I had a 12 hour eating window. I am not happy but I chose to do it. I think its because I ate my first meal too early. That first meal just puts me out of control.

We ordered that little tv from Amazon. I could have paid shipping but chose free shipping with arrival Saturday. It came the next day! What if I had paid for the shipping? It works good but DH hasn' t tried it outside.

Last night at bedtime blood sugar was 114. This morning it was 187. Did I get up and eat a cake during the night??? After coffee it went up to 205. So I had to take G before even eating anything. Then I decided to compare the new meter to the old one. That says 178 compared to 205. Why do I even bother? I get lab work done soon so I hope I remember to take my new meter with me to check at the same time. I realize they say the Relion Meters are unreliable but I can't afford the strips for the other ones. Insurance won't pay because they say type 2 do not need to test.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-08-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:10 PM   #416  

Fatmad, Enjoy your meetings. Do you speak at these meeting? I hope you and your vegan friend will be able to stay OP when eating and you have a good time as well.

Carol Sue, I printed out the article from Dr. Fung on ACV because I want DH to read it. I remember reading a lot about ACV years ago from Paul C. Bragg. So hearing what Dr. Fung says about it is interesting. In fact, DH#2 had CHF and that is when I learned it was good for him to drink it for his heart. His heart function actiual improved, but we didn't know we could drink it like we do now.

I am going to try drinking it before meals and at bedtime just tosee how it affects my weight and FBG. I also buy sugar free flavored packets to add to water in the evening instead of buying diet sodas because I read that the carbonation is bad for my bones.

I made a glass of the ACV/Lemon water this morning in order to drink less coffee. I add a squirt of liquid Stevia to it and it tastes more like a treat. The only thing is that I am having a headache now from having only 1 cup of coffee which I had with 2 eggs and 2 sl bacon. I drank the coffee to get my collagen that I mix in it. I think when I run out of this collagen, I am going to switch to collagen pills. I waited until brunch before drinking it today so that my fast was a clean fast.

I think I'm going to try getting a quick nap before DH gets up and I have to cook dinner. We are supposed to have 100 degree temp today. I hope DH will mow the lawn today before we get to the 101+ temps they are predicting this week.

Have a nice day everybody.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:31 PM   #417  

Trish I bought this. It is not lemonade, but just makes your water taste like unsweetened lemon water. I don't know if it has the same benefits of lemon water. I don't know how to find out. It is sold with the artificial sweeteners. The one with the drink mixes is actually lemonade.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/True-Lemo...8?athbdg=L1600

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-09-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:36 PM   #418  

We went out for breakfast this morning so I did not get a long fast and won't have a short eating window. I can only say no so many times.

I didn't get on the scale yesterday or today. I feel fat and probably am. I might get out of eating dinner today since I ate breakfast early. Yesterday we were talking about all the food that is sold at professional baseball games and how expensive it is for things like hot dogs, nachos and other snacks. I said why don't people just eat before they go and go out to eat for a nice dinner afterwards? He said the games are 4 hours long. That's too long to go without eating.

We're having a cold spell. I had to wear a jacket and our air condition is turned off. Doors and windows are open.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:31 PM   #419  

Weight is 181.6 this morning and I hope I can keep it from going back up. I wasn't sure how weight would be after eating chicken livers and gizzards, but Dr.Barry says it is good for us and I've been hungry for it for some time now. Today will be swai fish fillets.

Carol Sue, It is amazing how most people have been convinced they can't go very long without eating something. I remember one time when we went on a tip with DH son and family. DH DIL watched the clock because she said their son had to eat every 3 hrs.

We are having high temps very early this year. 100s all week and expected highs Saturday and Sunday of 105 or 106. I don't seem to remember ever having numbers that high here before.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:19 PM   #420  

I love chicken livers but how do you prepare the gizzards? My dog gets our chicken and turkey gizzards.

I ended up eating spaghetti and meatballs for dinner after a long round about discussion. I stopped buying spaghetti and sauce because DH always says he doesn't want it. So today he decided he wanted it and we had none. So I had to go to the local store for it. I guess i'll keep it from now on just in case.

I napped thru the afternoon. I'm starting to see a pattern. When I hold breakfast til noon I fall asleep at 4-5 pm. If I eat breakfast early I fall asleep around 1 pm. I think its food related. I check my blood sugar and its not exceptionally high. It seems to be 4 hours or so after I eat. I checked online and it says it can happen after a high carb meal but my first meal is rarely high carb. I don't know. It just started a year or so ago. I think I need a walk on the treadmill after eating but I'm too lazy.
Closed Thread