Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:52 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Fatmad, Glad to hear you are getting some fun things done in the midst of the remodeling of your kitchen. It will be done soon and you will have your new kitchen.

Nothing new to report here. Weight was 183.8 and FBG 97. Stayed within 7 or 8 hr eacting window yesterday. Weight is the same give or take a few tenths of a lb. No real change there. DS said our beautician said that she heard that if your stalled that you should eat a lot of carbs for a few days and then go back to low carb just to shake up your system. I would be afraid of doing that because I my previous experience has been me taking a month or more to get back OP. I know what I am doing is healthy so I will keep doing what I am doing. I decided this morning that if I had to stay at this weight, I could be happy as long as I never gain back up to 200+. Saying that, I still hope to eventually lose more weight. Eating 2MAD sometimes within 5 hrs and sometimes 8, but just 2 meals regardless.

Hope everybody is having a good day.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:57 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 217/185/142

Height: 5'2

WHAT A DAY! 24 hours ago we had a horrific storm here, and the power went out. 7pm. We thought it would be back on by morning, but no. Still out. We sat here all day, no tv, no internet. We have a battery operated radio and some battery powered lights, and with a gas stove we were able to cook. Finally we got bored and decided to go to the Wal-Mart in the next town where they had electricity. We bought a few things then went to eat, DH had pie and coffee and I had a cup of chili. Half hour after we got home the power came on, then went back off. Now its back on and seems that its going to stay. Horay!

By some miracle, weight was down to 184 today. I can only say I didn't eat much dinner and I've finally lost the sodium from the sauerkraut. Speaking of sauerkraut, Trish, I always add a little water to mine when it doesn't have much juice. If I only want a little bit I buy a small can. I don't think it keeps long once opened. Some of out stores have very small cans that would be good for just a couple servings.

Now I'm going to go check the freezer to,see if everything is ok.

Trish, can you tell me the name and dose of your tart cherry? Mine doesn't seem to have any affect on my sleep.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-04-2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:29 AM   #273  

Carol Sue The Tart cherry I have is Carlyle. I thought I got it at Walmart but I don't think that brand is from Walmart. I must have have ordered it from Amazon probably when Walmart was out of it.. I never paid attention to the mg but it has 2400 mg for 2 capsules. I only take one when I have to take it. No wonder it left me groggy when I took two of them. Also makes me groggy if I take it too many nights in a row. So I only take it as needed.

Glad you finally got your power back on. I hope everything in your freezer is okay.

I had a lot of calories, but still kept my eating window within 8 hrs. So I guess it was a good day.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #274  

Trish, I looked up your tart cherry because some include other Ingredients like melatonin. Yours does not. Mine is 3000mg in 1 capsule. Nutricost brand. It doesn't do anything for sleep and apparently not for gout either. Last night I had to take gout meds as my foot was hurting in the spot where it used to hurt. Some also contain celery seed. I will text my SIL and ask what one my BIL takes for gout. He takes no med for it. I did not drink water yesterday. That is supposed to wash out uric acid. I haven't taken the med for a week or so.

Yesterday I had 1500 cals and 78 carbs. My range is 1000-1300. When I went to bed I was hungry but I won't get out of bed to eat. This morning stomach felt very empty and I felt skinny. But scale is up 1.2 lb to 185.2. I thought the 184 yesterday was not right.

Freezer food seems fine. It is mostly frozen vegetables. We didn't open it during the power outage. I took out chicken to cook yesterday but DH didn't want it so I have to cook it today no matter what. If he won't eat it, I will, or Rusty. Its only 4 tenderloins I want to cook in cream of chicken soup.

Chicken is in the oven. Turns out it was 6 small chicken tenderloins, not 4. I'm out of cream of chicken soup so I used cream of mushroom. I only had half a box of stuffing but it will be fine. I made a list for Walmart of all the things we keep forgetting to buy.

I texted my SIL and the tart cherry he takes is only 1200. Mine is 3000. When I read about the celery it said that taking celery seed is better. There are some tart cherry that include celery seed so maybe I will buy one of those next. One I saw is 6000 mg so maybe I will start taking 2 and see if it makes a difference. My BIL gets gout from eating pork and a few other things so he just avoids those foods. I cannot avoid my blood pressure med but if I lose enough weight I might not need them. So many of my problems would go away if I lost weight. You would think I would take heed!

Men! We gotta love em. I make my stuffing with unseasoned croutons because I don't like it spicy. DH said he prefers Stove Top but its too spicy for me. I used Stove Top in the chIcken casserole and DH said the stuffing is too spicy. I can't win.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-05-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:03 PM   #275  

Carol Sue, Look at it this way, your life is never boring trying to figure your Hubby out. I figure about the time we know what they like etc they change their minds.

Funny thing is my calories were over 1500 yesterday. Sister from different Mothers for sure. My weight still isn't really moving. 183.6 today down .2 lbs but that is just water. FBG was good though at 95. I am thankful for that. I'm shooting for keeping it there and so far have 3 days out of 5 at that point. I think not eating anything at night is key.

I goofed yesterday and drank coffee and diet DP too late and had to take tart cherry along with my chamomile in order to sleep but slept great once I took it. We are having thunderstorms today and our last temps in the 80s. We go into 90s tomorrow and just hope we don't get into 3 digit #s before August. Weather is so weird these days that you never know.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:26 PM   #276  

I overate big time today so I don't expect the scale to look good tomorrow, but I vowed to weigh and post every day this month so I will, like it or not. For some reason I'm craving broccoli tonight. Maybe my body wants/needs something in the broccoli. Who craves broccoli? I don't want to eat it before bed so I'll have it tomorrow unless the craving goes away.

DH had the discussion today about him offering me something of everything he eats. He told me he does it because I ask him what he's eating. So its my fault. I guess I have to stop asking him. I told him after I'm gone he will have to throw all that food away and he said "No I won't. There will be someone else here to give it to!!!". How about that? I wonder if he has her all picked out already.

I was reading online that people who have type A blood are more likely to get covid 19 than those with Type O, B, or AB. I am O and DH is B. Also people who take Ace or Arb blood pressure meds and statins are protected from severe Covid symptoms. In fact, they have considered giving those meds to people who are hospitalized with Covid. I read these things in more than one site. I guess I will start taking my statin again unless the muscle pain comes back. DH takes Ace and I take Arb.

My SIL told me she ended up in the hospital in Feb with bleeding in her stomach. She had surgery to repair her broken arm and the surgeon told her to take Ibprofen. Here, she is never supposed to take it because she had weight loss surgery. She doesn't remember ever being told that. I think she is ok now. Its possible she was taking it on an empty stomach, too. This is why I research so many things online. That's how I found out what caused my gout and also that I had to stop taking Circumen when I started taking Plavix.

DH went to bed so I will too.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-05-2022 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:12 AM   #277  

Carol Sue, I think DH and I both are O blood so maybe that is why we didn't ever get it. In fact, we are pretty healthy anyway.

I watched a Dr. Berry video and he said that when your body craves a food that it is telling you there is something in it that you need. I am finding that if I eat what I crave that I am satisfied with it and don't need any more of it.

Today was a high carb and sodium day so don't know how that will affect my weight tomorrow. I am staying within 8 hr eating window pretty good now.

I need to listen to Dr. Bery more because he makes me want to keto but then I think of the few foods I really don't want to give up so I am not ready to do it.

I watched him talking about stalls. He said if you have had diabetes a long time and been obese for a while that you start low carb and lose a lot and then stall. But he says we are not stalled. He said it is normal for women to in those situations to lose a couple lbs and gain a lb or 2 etc back and forth and then drop a few lbs and do the same thing again. He said you will be losing slow but you are losing. He says it is best to weigh once a week or even not weigh so you don't get upset with the fluctuations. He says there is something you do to measure your waist to heighth to know how you are doing. But I didn't understand that one. I think that is learning when you are out of obesity and are normal.

Headed to bed soon. I hope I can sleep without meds or even tea. I took a good nap earlier so I don't know if I will be able to go to sleep.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:28 AM   #278  

Funny. I woke up craving steak! So maybe steak and broccoli. I increased my magnesium last night. The dosage is 2 capsules but I was always afraid to take 2 and always took one. Last night I decided to try 2 and I slept better and felt wonderful. I hope it was not my imagination.

I understand the reasoning behind telling people not to weigh daily but if you want to lose weight I believe its important to know where you stand. What if you go all week without weighing and end up with a gain? If you weigh daily you can see that coming and make a change. I think it depends on the individual. Its ok as long as you understand about fluctuations. Each of us is different. Having said that I'm afraid to get on the scale after such a bad day. Well, here goes! Wow! 187. Worse than I thought.

5/1. 186.6
5/2. 186.2
5/3 185.2
5/4. 184.0
5/5 185.2
5/6 187.0

I would be a liar if I said I'm not disappointed but I will treat myself the way I would treat a friend, with comments like Its water weight, you'll get it back off. But its like this whole week was wasted because of poor eating choices that were in my control.

I have watched a few videos of Dr Berry but I really don't like to watch videos. I prefer to read. I can read at my own speed and reread if there's something I don't understand. Also I would have to use ear buds because DH is usually watching tv. He will interrupt me and tell me to watch something. I could try.

I think you could do your own form of keto, eating small portions of those foods you don't want to give up. In time you may not want those foods as much. I do try to keep carbs low for my blood sugar but there's foods I don't want to give up. Like my Dairy Queen cones. I've reduced from a small cone to a kids cone and I try to eat less when I know I'm going to get the ice cream. Other ice cream doesn't interest me as much.

​​​​​When I was at Wal-Mart I lost my list. I guess it fell out of my pocket. So I forgot to get mushroom soup and cream of chicken. I don't need it right away. Next time. This is the first time I ever lost my list. When we went to the other Wal-Mart the day of the power outage I was able to get some electrolyte water that has been out at our Walmart. At our Walmart they told me its a warehouse problem but the other Wal-Mart have it. I think they are just neglecting to order properly.

I need to reorganize my pantry downstairs to see what I have and need.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-06-2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 242.6/217/139

Height: 5' 4"

Hello, a fly by today. I have been so busy making items for the craft fair that it has consumed my days and thinking about things to make keeps me from sleeping at night. Over the course of this week, I made, stained, stenciled and poly coated 6 cutting boards in various shapes and sizes, A YOUTUBER said she sells out every fair so I gave it a shot, and I a really happy with how they came out. I tried a picture transfer to wood using a medium like mod podge, wasn't really happy with it. The picture was so dark that I scrubbed it off , painted the wood and tried again. I think I have the process down but I need pictures that are a bit brighter. I have booked a spot for a big craft fair next month. I got an Amazon delivery with the medium, also cream for etching on glass, and a kit to use resin to make coasters. I told myself I can;t touch the new stuff until I get everything in the works finished. I got a cubic yard of red mulch this morning and spread it all, I need more but not today, I have a pile of loam left over from last year when I bought 10 yards, I managed to shovel and spread 3 cart loads and it is about one yard, so much left to go, I work for 20 minutes, then rest for 20 so I don't cripple myself, I haven;t been on he scale for a week and yesterday I just lost it and ate carbs all day, First time that has happened so today I am doing better
Sounds like all of you are on program and seeing results. Ok now I am heading back out to shovel, the black flies showed up yesterday so it is really miserable but I need to get this done then move on to planting garden.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:03 PM   #280  

Ann, as usual you are one busy lady. Good luck on the items you are doing for the fair and I'm sure people will love them. Hope your weather will be better for this one. DS said our beautician told her that she heard that if you are stalled to eat a lot of carbs and then go back to low carb/keto and you will start losing. Since you had a carby day yesterday maybe you will break your stall. Will be interesting to see.

Carol Sue, Glad the 2 magnesium pills helped you sleep. I have not tried taking more magnesium because of the potty issues I experience when I do. My system is doing pretty good right now and wouldn't want to rock the boat.

I have the same problem you do about not weighing every day, but I have to say that when I lost all that weight when I first married DH that I didn't weigh every day. I think I was losing like Dr. Berry said, because I was doing low carb like I learned from Dana Carpendar said she did. I ate low carb except for when we went out to eat or got takeout. Even then I used the CAD RM of eating carbs within 1 hr eating window. I think if I had weighed every day it would have derailed me, but I would weigh every now and then. Funny thing is when DH took me shopping for new clothes, I was down to size 14, but thought it was a mistake because I didn't know till later that I had lost down to 167 lbs. But now, I associate not weight with being off plan and not wanting to see how bad I'm doing so not sure I could do it.

I tried eating my protein this morning instead of the shake. I thought I took out 2 chicken breasts but it was 2 thighs and a breast. I just wanted one breast that I beat with the tenderizer and cut in half because they are so huge these days. So I boiled the thighs to make chicken salad but decided to eat them for brunch. Had that and a banana. I thought it was going to make me sick because it didn't settle good on my stomach but it is better now. I'm going to work at trying to keep my carbs between 50 and 75. Not sure I will even count net carbs or just count total. Dr. Berry says not trust manufacturer's labels for the sugar count. He says the sneaky sugars are what stalls us. He also suggests doing carnivore for a short time just to break a stall, but I don't think I could do that. I guess it is similar to the egg fast people do to break their stalls. I like eggs, but I think if I did an egg fast that I would never eat another egg.s He says not to worry about the calories if you are eating keto but he also says that you don't have to go wild with protein either. And he also recommends fasting to break a stall. His wife has her own Youtube show on how she does Ketovore I think it is called. I've got to find her name and watch some of her info.

Weight was the same so no change there. I think processed sliced ham and cheese wraps raise my FBG because it was 110 this morning.

Have a good day everybody.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 05-06-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:43 PM   #281  

Trish, I take magnesium glycinate which I read does not cause diarrhea or loose stools. It has never done it to me. I feel very good today...lots of energy. I don't know if its because of the magnesium or not. I'll take it again tonight to,see what happens.

We went out to eat and I got my steak I was craving. Now I'm cooking broccoli because I'm still craving it. At least I'm craving and eating healthy food! I could do carnivores for a short time and I think I could do an egg fast longer. I don't think I would ever get tired of eggs.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:03 AM   #282  

I took the magnesium but didn't sleep. It seems I sleep every other night. I wish I could shut my mind down at night. I start to worry about things and can't let them go. Many times if you sleep things are better in the morning.

I got up at 4:30. Now its 6 and I'll go back to bed and try again.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #283  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI everyone: 156 this am. first time I have weighed since last I visited here. So unlike me, but the busyness and the house being topsy turvy made the rest of my life unsettled. But the weight loss is good, I was 158 last time I checked in. Sadly, I am not doing well with eating though. I had some blueberries for dessert one night, and ended up with vomiting in the middle of the night.
Last night I had the runs and was up and down (and exhausted) a lot with that. I will blame it all on life being unsettled with the Reno.
The cupboards are IN. So happy with them, and the installer was excellent and professional, checking in with me a couple of times about things, and putting in the spacers in a better way than the original design. (1 smaller one each side of a cupboard, instead of one wider one on one side for instance) and where the knobs would go etc. Everything level (not easy with our floors) and doors even etc. We are totally pleased. They measured for the counters yesterday and will build them and install them in 3 weeks or so. they will install the sink and dishwasher at the same time. So we will have a wait for all that. Will likely go to the cottage for some of that time. But we have our dining room back now all the cupboards are installed. Yesterday I cleaned them out and started unpacking and putting stuff away. With the new configuration I will likely change things a bit over time, just starting to figure it out. Much more room and I just love it and how it looks. Feels worth the trouble. (and the money)
Ann I hope things go well at the craft sale. I would love to have a friend at one up here to sit with and help her out, and go to a music festival or something with it. I will check out some festivals and see if there are volunteers opportunities. I miss stuff like that.

Carol: I like that DH gives you lots of opportunities to figure him out, never a dull moment. Glad you got through the power outage ok. That can be distressing.
Trish: I agree, if I go off plan for a bit, it seems ever harder to get back on plan. I have been indulging in a bit too much sugar and sweet stuff lately. I really need to get off that kick.

Its going to move into some lovely weather here this week, can't wait! have a good day friends.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #284  

Mad, I am glad to hear you are moving along with the kitchen redo. It will be so nice when its finished. Not surprised that all this has you off kilter with the weight but you always get back on plan.

My off plan rarely involves sweets but usually bread and rolls etc. Bread is my weakness. I don't know why because it doesn't have much taste but enhances whatever I'm eating it with. And it really spikes my blood sugar.

If I don't have DH figured out after 45 years I doubt if I ever will. He probably doesn't have me figured out either.

The magnesium didn't help me sleep but I seem to have energy again today. My dining room and kitchen are clean, at least until we decide to eat again. Its a constant thing. I want to clean the bathroom and wash the bathroom rug while I still have energy. I seem to wear out around 5 pm. I will vacuum last. I got a new vacuum that is lighter and easier for me to push. I don't know if it deep cleans as well as the old one but DH can run that one once in a while.

Weight is the same, 187. Just keep at it.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:49 PM   #285  

Fatmad Good to hear from you. Glad you are happy with the new cabinets and I know you will really love it when it is finished. Congratulations on 2 lbs lost.

Carol Sue Sorry the magnesium didn't help you sleep. I took tart cherry and drank my tea and slept until DH came in to go to bed. I guess the opening of the door woke me which is unusual and I got up then to go potty and went right back to sleep and didn't get up until after 9 which is very unusual for me especially on a Saturday.

Weight is the same. Hasn't moved one way or another in several days. Looked on MFP and I am .4 lbs up from my last WI posted. FBG was back down to 97 this morning. So far, I have one more day in 90s than I have in 100s. My goal is to keep it in the 90s. I am eating lower carb today. I've got my macros balanced today. Not always able to do that but will do it on days I can.

I watched a couple of Dr. Berry's wife videos cooking breakfast. I think I will get some avocadoes next time I go to Walmart. She made what I would call guacamole but she called it an avocado salad and ate it with her bacon and eggs for breakfast one day. It looked so good it made me want it. If I watch her long enough, I may end up going back on a lower carb woe. I will just have to figure out what my proteins are going to be because I've lost taste of some meats. Dr. Berry says not to worry too much about the calories. The main thing seems to be not any kind of sugar or grains.
Closed Thread