Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 12:23 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

For some reason I had tons of energy today. I did 4 loads of laundry today, up and down the cellar steps. All is hung up or put away. All I have left to do is towels. I have some new ones to wash so I can start using them and put the old ones down stairs for garage towels.

Tomorrow its off to Wal-Mart!
Old 07-19-2021, 01:17 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Glad you had more energy yesterday. I think things are starting to happen for you. Hope you slept well last night.

I finally realized what caused the rash. Crystal Lite. I never could use it because I had a rash when I used it before. It is some I found here that I had bought for Daddy. So I stopped using it yesterday. Still red but has healing blotches so I figure it will take a few days to get it completely out of my system.

After reading what I did on Leptin, I am decided to go back to eating 3 meals 5 hrs apart which will give me a 10:14 IF ratio eating window. This was how I got my FBG back to normal. The article I read said to wait 5 to 6 hrs between meals. So I know 5 hrs worked great for me.

DH said that he thinks he will need to stop eating biscuits with his chipped beef and may have to go stricter low carb. I have some new keto recipes but the foods are high calorie. I found a frosty recipe which would have to replace a meal because the calories are 273 per serving or else eat 1/2 a serving. Keto foods seems to be higher calorie.

I had a taquito for breakfast with 1 egg and 1 sl bacon on a low carb tortilla. I am going to work at eating smaller portions. FBG was 100 this morning and weight basically the same 183.6 down .2 lbs which is only fluctuation.

Going to Walmart today and will get McD CB which I think I will bring home and eat on lettuce.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:41 PM   #108  

I,slept pretty good last night. My oxygen levels fluctuated because I didn't wear my cpap. I often fall asleep without it then put it on when I get up to go to the bathroom. Well, I didn't get up for the bathroom all night! I've been drinking less. I've been reading about my heart valve issue and it said to limit fluid intake. I remember in the hospital they never gave me a pitcher of water and the nurse kept track of my fluids. I tried to be always drinking water for weight loss, but I guess I shouldn't.

This morning DH wanted to go out for breakfast and I was ok with that because I had a list for Wal-Mart and a prescription to pick up. I also had a bag of clothes to take to Goodwill so we stopped there. Then to the farmers market for corn, then Aldi's for potatoes. Then back to laundry when I got home. I am exhausted but I think that's what's keeping my energy up. I want to continue feeling good!

Trish, I think you could eat the same amount of food in 3 meals that you eat in 2, just by making each meal a little smaller. And spreading it out like that might increase your metabolism. Its good to be open to trying different things.

I think Keto is higher calorie because of the higher fat. I think you can do low carb that is not Keto, without higher fat levels.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-19-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #109  

We don't go to Sam's on Monday because they don't have good tomatoes until Tuesday. I learned today not to go to Walmart on Monday either. They evidently don't stock up for Monday either. So we will not go to the store on Mondays any more. We had to go get milk so it it was a lesson learned. Now I will have to go to HEB Friday if not before to get the foods I couldn't get today. It will depend on when I will need half & half to make a new batch of yogurt.

I told DH today that I think my exercise is beginning to show in my walking as I noticed that my walking is smooth and flowing naturally without me having to use a walking cane or even a grocery basket. My goal is to do a minimum of 45 minutes total each day.

I ended up eating my CH on the SLMG bread. I think I will end up with a 2MAD today. Calories just fell that way.

Carol Sue I am doing Moderately low carb. There is no way I will be doing keto although I can use some of their recipes on low carb. I thsink DH is thinking low carbing again which will make it so much easier for me to do.

I felt really good today but now that I am home and have taken a the Benedryl while healing the rash, I need an afternoon nap.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:14 PM   #110  

Trish, Monday is a bad day at our Wal-Mart, too, because things get wiped out on Sunday and you can't go too early on Monday before they start to stock. We can usually get basic things, but the meat cases are usually close to empty. I don't buy much meat there.

I was reading about a rash from Crystal Light and there are so many things that can happen it makes me want to throw mine away. All I have are some single serve pkgs that I uses in bottled water sometimes. As far as I know I've never had an adverse reaction but I very rarely use it. I will probably never buy it again or anything's else similar.

I took a little nap while watching my soaps today.

My new towels are so big and fluffy. The old towels are so small and worn, not fluffy at all. Only half of the new ones are going to fit in the linen closet, but they will feel so nice after a shower!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-19-2021 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:47 AM   #111  

Carol Sue I don't buy much meat at Walmart either. I will buy frozen chicken breast and tenders from Walmart but all of my other meat comes from HEB store.

Today wasn't my best eating day. I ate way too much. I always do that when I track so I won't track. Plus I also do better if I don't eat until after noon even fast until 3ish meal. So I will probably go back to eating 5 or 6 hrs apart and only 2 meals a day.

Good night.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:38 AM   #112  

Sleep was not as good. I woke up at 3 for a bathroom break and couldn't get into good sleep after that, but it wasn't bad. 6.5 hours.

Trish, its possible that eating earlier causes you to eat more like it does me. Or you might have to get used to it. Whichever you do, do what works best for you, not someone else. This is what I learned in my book. I am hungry this morning. Not a lot but noticeable. That's what I want, so I know I'm eating less. Coffee will probably fix me up until I eat. I usually don't eat until 10:30 or later. Even yesterday when we went out for breakfast we didn't eat until after 10:30. I like this eating schedule I'm on and that I can eat most foods. I got another loaf of the new bread at Wal-Mart. It is $3. DHs bread is 88 cents. LOL. But if I like it and its helpful to me I don't mind spending the extra money.

I buy NY Strip steaks at Wal-Mart because that's the only place I can get thin cut. I also buy fresh chicken there. I buy frozen chicken tenderloins at Aldi's. The only time I go to the full service grocery is when I need ground beef. I will buy pork chops anywhere that I can get a small package. I haven't had a roast for months because DH isn't crazy about it and he will not eat leftovers. I end up eating too much. Even our dog isn't crazy about beef, he loves chicken, though. My dog also loves hard cooked eggs. He knows the sound of us cracking the shell and he comes running to get a piece. What a dog! LOL

Trish, the only way I can get the smileys to work is if I hit the little Face along the top of the post. Go Advanced does not work for me nor does the side box.

There are things I miss eating, like cucumber sandwiches. Ritz crackers. These are things I used to eat between meals. I have to find a solution when our tomatoes start to ripen. I love to eat tomato sandwiches. I could possible have one for brunch instead of eggs. I don't know if I can skip eggs. Maybe I can make an egg and tomato sandwich. I am really surprised at how easy it was for me to stop eating between meals. I rarely even think about it. I bought some frozen egg rolls and pot stickers about a month ago. They are in the downstairs freezer. I want to eat some eventually but it will have to be when DH is eating something else. Normally I would snack on them. If I didn't go to bed so early I would probably eat at night. I won't know if I'm losing until I get weighed again on Sunday. I'm tempted but I don't want to see a fluctuation. It will discourage me from continuing, and I think this WOE is better for my health.

My house needs to be cleaned, but I also have to pack up more clothes for donation to Goodwill. The first pass through I took the things I know I won't wear. This time I want to take all the things that are too small and pack them away in case I lose enough. Then I'll pick out all my favorites, and what's left will get donated. I have to stop being such a clothes pack rat. They say if you haven't worn it in the past year you probably never will.

At Wal-Mart yesterday I wanted Vit K2. It is good for my heart valve issue. I looked online and it said it was available in the store but I couldn't find it. The girl who usually works that department was not there. So I came home and ordered it. I have done that before when I could not find an item in the store. Its usually ready for pickup the next day. I'm really curious to know where it was. I looked up and down the vitamin aisle 3 times!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-20-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #113  

Carol Sue We have taken Vita K2 for quite a while now. We started taking it when DH watched Dr. Barry on Youtube and he said everybody should take it and Vita D together. I didn’t remember why we take it and wondered if we should stop but since DH no longer has a valve problem, I guess we should continue using it. I’m trying to learn how to eat so we don’t have to take all the ones we take.

I think since I stay up so late that I would do better not to eat until around 3 in the afternoon. It will take me a while to get back to it but I agree with you that it won’t hurt me. I have been kind of surprised that my FBG was 100 yesterday and 99 today. So I am on the right track with my eating, but I just need to slow down on the amount. I remember telling SC doc that I eat healthy and he said “Maybe you are eating too much healthy food”. I think that is probably true. I also was shocked that with as much as I ate yesterday that my weight was the same today as yesterday. So I need to get back on track so I don’t start gaining.

I am fasting until dinner at 3 ish. No more tracking on MFP because it seems to work against me rather than for me. I do want to keep the 2MAD and keep them at least 5 hrs apart. I could do that and still eat nothing for about 3 or 4 hrs before I go to bed. Sometimes my calories don’t come to 1000 and sometimes they go way over which doesn’t seem to be that important with low carbing as long as I don’t go overboard. Also I want to make some Keto recipes and don’t know how to count the calories or carbs any way. I want to make some Keto brownies today and I want to make some keto bread and see if I can find a recipe I like. I watched a woman make Oopsie Cloud bread and she wasn’t too encouraging since she said it tasted like crap. She said it was too eggie. But I don’t think that would be a problem for me. BS eats it so I’ll check with her and see how she likes it.

I hope that fasting will help flush this rash out of my system a little quicker. It isn’t like any other rash I’ve had. The only thing that seems to be helping it is Gold Bond cream and powder. Anything else seems to irritate it.

We are having the other half of the bbq ribs DBIL brought us last week. I need to get some more and pay him to cook them for us. I might do that payday.

Carol Sue I don’t by fresh chicken very often but I would buy them at Walmart. I will buy pork chops there as well but the last time I was going to buy them there they had some dark spots on them so had to wait until I went to the other store to get them. So it just depends how they look. I buy the breasts and tenders at Walmart frozen because the ones from HEB are too big and DH complains about it. Beef is always bought at the local store.

I planned to exercise on the bike today but ended up with a lot of house cleaning that may become the exercise today.

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #114  

Trish, I take Vit D3 but just recently found out about the K2. But D3 is said to make valve problems worse. I take a low dose. I don't know what my levels are but I assume they are low,because I stay indoors and I live in PA where its cloudy 75 % of the time and raining or snowing the other 25%.

I buy chicken thighs or drumsticks but not lately because DH only eats white meat. I like to roast them in the oven.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #115  

Carol Sue It will be interesting if you can get the D checked by your doctor. I have asked and asked to have mine checked and they never do it so I gave up on it. I just take the minimum. They seem to check only what they want to.

DH used to like chicken legs pan fried, but now he only seems to like them from KFC. I would like them air fried with crispy skin. I just might have to get some and cook them for myself to eat them at my 2nd meal.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #116  

Trish, I cook them in the oven on a baking sheet and the,skin gets,crispy. Yum.

Today was a bad day. I really overate, and it started because I ate breakfast at 9 am. And I've been eating ever since. I guess I am not perfect. I will get back on track tomorrow with a long fast.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:38 PM   #117  

Carol Sue I guess neither one of us can eat early in the day. I ate breakfast at 10 Monday and ended up eating all day long. Today I didn't eat until 3ish and had no problem doing 2 meals. I'm going to have to do this for a while to get myself back into the routine.

We will do this. Hope we get a good nights sleep.

I have been thinking about Mad. I think she and her sister went to her uncles funeral and probably visiting with aunts and uncles. I hope they have been safe and we hear from her soon.

Good night.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:35 AM   #118  

Trish, on days like today my day starts at 6 am. I tried to fall back to sleep but could not, so I got up and made coffee to start my engine. Eating at 10:30 is ok for me, but 8 or 9 is not. The first bite of food revs up my appetite. I ate one thing after another yesterday. Back to the old me. I won't let it get me down. I hope to avoid food until dinner, at least 3 or 4. I want to make up for the extra food I had yesterday. 1800 calories says MFP. Funny thing, I slept well with very little pain all night. Maybe the extra carbs did that. For whatever reason I'm getting more deep sleep these days and that's a good thing. So a snag in the road, that's all. I wish I had been stronger but I'll get over it.
I remember when you told me that your DH took something that reversed his valve calcification. Maybe it was the K2. It says online that it can slow the progression or even reverse it. None of my doctors ever mention that, and they can't even agree on the severity of my valve. It can cause dizziness and fainting and I haven't had that yet. Just some shortness of breath.

Mad seems to be busier now than she was against hen she was working. But she's getting more time with family.

Step daughter has a buyer for her trailer but no money has changed hands. IMO its not sold til money has been exchanged and papers signed. There's another woman interested but time is running out. They close on the house on the 28th. They have lived in the trailer for 25 years. I think they are having trouble letting go.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #119  

Carol Sue DH took Alpha Lipoic Acid. We both have been taking it for 18 years. I heard a woman doctor say that her Mother who evidently was an herbalist or something helping people with their health with vitamins etc said that if she could only take one that it would be Alpha Lipoic Acid because it rebuilds tissue. When DH was told he had to have valve surgery and we had no insurance plus the treatment back then wasn’t so great, his daughter found a regimen by a cardiologist in a medical magazine. We went to see him and he wouldn’t help us I’m sure because of no insurance. He said I could use his regimen but it wouldn’t help. I think he didn’t want to be responsible. Any way we decided that with prayer and that regimen that we would do the best we could. I don’t remember what all he took but Alpha Lipoic Acid is one we still do. It obviously worked as his heart valve works fine now. I didn’t know all the info on K2 but I am glad that we stumbled onto that one and will continue to take it.

My weight is up today to 186. Obviously my eating too much and especially eating 3 meals has caught up with me. I sent you an article I found on line about Intermittent Fasting. I hope you could pull it up. You may have to take the link I sent you and copy and paste it on google to get it. It actually sounds like my low carb journey but I found it interesting because it is pretty much like you and I eat. So it does work but not fast losses. It is important to be more consistent with my fasting/eating window which I did for a while and need to get back to.

I know I do better if I can get back to eating 5 hrs and fasting 19 and have my meals brunch and dinner, but I have a problem with wanting to eat at night since I stay up so late. So I think for now I will see if my body will adjust to eating at 3ish and 8ish. That will still give me 4 or 5 hrs before bedtime for my food to digest. The author of that article also said that IF seems to work as ketogenic without doing keto and it also helps with leptin. Plus it is not considered a “diet” which I really like that and no food has to be off limits although you can eat less carbs not necessarily low carb unless that is how you want to eat.

I think this is my natural lifestyle as you know from our previous conversations and of course our stories are similar. So this is going to be my lifestyle from now own.

Yes, I believe Mad has actually settled into her retirement lifestyle and she is a person who needs fellowship with others and likes being busy. So she will do fine. I am happy for her.

Hope everybody has a nice day.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #120  

Trish, I ate a little too much today but not as bad as yesterday. I am a little hungry right now, probably because I ate carbs but I won't eat any more. We are going to the casino tomorrow and that's always a good day for me as long as I don't eat much before we go. They started having some very good salads there so I will get one when DH gets his hot dog.

I took ALA at one time but I didn't think it was doing anything for me so I stopped it. I don't remember why I started it but if I look it up I should remember. I am wary of taking supplements because of all the meds I take. I know if I lost weight and exercised I would not need all the meds.

I looked up the ALA. I took it when I was having the foot pain because it says it helps with neuropathy. Then I found out my pain was from too much uric acid and went away when I started taking the gout meds.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-21-2021 at 08:21 PM.
Closed Thread