Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 02:12 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

We are having nice weather here in Central TX with 70s during the day and 60s at night. We will take this as long as we can. We have possibility of a lot of rain but they are scattered and not sure if we will get much of it or not. We will take what we can get since we have very hot and dry summers.

My fast went good yesterday and the 0MAD brought my scale back down to 183 and FBG is back down to 98. I am thrilled with that BS reading and all that was weighing and checking 2 hrs earlier. I put the Atkins bar in my purse in case I needed it while out since I am working on another 0MAD today but never needed it. So I will have a 23 hr fast by the time I eat dinner and work on another 23 hr fast tomorrow. I would like to do this maybe for a week or two. I put pork chops in the crockpot with chicken gravy before I left this morning so all I have to do is add a salad and veggies.

I love my hairdresser because she does low carb and she wasn’t shocked when I told her I am fasting with a OMAD to get the scale moving again. In fact, she says s he has done that before and she is stalled and needs to do it too to get things moving. We both or praying for DS to start dieting again. We don’t want to push her but hope she will.

I asked DH DD how the Nutrisystem diet was working for her and she said she has lost 10 lbs and will probably do another month hoping that she will lose some more. She had a picture of her and the other nurses she works with at her doctor's office for nurses week and she has gained so much weight that she looks a lot like her Mom. I hope she will be able to get the weight off because I don't want her to have the health issues that her Mom had.

Have a nice day everybody.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lots of people in Wal-Mart without masks. DH saw a fight break out in the bakery dept between 2 men, one masked, one unmasked. Everyone standing watching.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #303  

Carol Sue When we went to Walmart the other day some people had masks on and some didn't. Today when I went to the local store today a few people were without their masks but most of the people had them on. The store still tells people over the pa system to wear their masks so I wore mine just to comply with their request.

I am happy to say that I had no problem having only one meal today. Not sure is I will do another 23 hr fast or not. I do like having brunch with eggs but I am going to make chipped beef for DH so I might do another OMAD. I do get hungry but drinking the water does seem to help.

Hope we all have a good nights sleep.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #304  

Trish, I heard that many stores said they will no longer have a mask mandate, such as Wal-Mart and Costco but others like the local grocer, Giant Eagle says they will continue the mandate. I think as long as there are no outbreaks, everyone will lift the mandate. I was surprised that our governor went along with this. I am wary.

I think OMAD will work very well for you and give you a start on dropping weight again. They do recommend not doing it every day so having your brunch on some days will work out fine.

The air condition guy called and said he will come today at noon. I am glad as now we can get our basement back to normal. I need to get laundry done and my filing cabinet is blocking the dryer. I don't think I need that filing cabinet anymore but for important papers and bank statements, tax returns.

It looks like we're getting our air condition just in time. I just saw the weather forecast that shows highs in the 80s by mid week.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-15-2021 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:02 AM   #305  

Carol Sue Glad you are getting the AC finished today.

No big change in the weight as it is staying within 183 range give or take a few tenths. I decided to have a 2MAD today. I think I will do that most of the time and just throw in a OMAD every now and then. Dr. Fung said it wasn't to do it all the time. I'm still reading the 2 books on OMAD and Atkins 100. They both have good info. I haven't been doing the recumbent bike lately and I think I need to get back to that again.

Have a nice day everybody.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:28 PM   #306  

The air condition guy is arriving now. I don't know how long this will take. I hope not long. I want to run to Wal-Mart for something I forgot.

I made it to 11:00 before eating. I wasn't really hungry but food was calling my name. I told you how once I eat, my appetite goes in high gear and I want to eat everything in sight. That is why a small eating window is necessary for me. The appetite issue is one I cannot seem to reign in. I plan on extending my fasts gradually. 20 hours is good for me with a small meal then a larger one at dinner in 4 hours.

The air conditioner is working! Bring on summer!!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-15-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #307  

Carol Sue I think I will do better if I do the 2MAD with a 20 hr fast as well. I tracked today on MFP and my carbs are not really low today but my calories are less than 1200. I'm not sure I will worry about that too much. I had the other Aldi bread with my eggs and 40 calories and I do not like it. I am glad I got some more SLMG yesterday because this stuff will be going in the trash. The 45 calorie Aldi wasn't too bad but not sure it is worth going there just to get bread. I have a recipe for mug keto bread and I could make that. I have a lot of almond flour and need to use it.

Glad the AC guy showed up in time to get your laundry room organized again and before hot temps start for y'all.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #308  

Trish, I didn't feel like making a trip to Ali's just for the Keto bread so I bought the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread in Wal-Mart. I am not strict low carb so the SL bread is fine. The Keto bread is thick, but probably not much thicker than regular bread. The 45 calorie bread is thin.

DH made me angry. I planned dinner for 4 but he came in and said he's hungry and wants to eat now. Its not instant! This is not McDonalds!
Old 05-15-2021, 11:12 PM   #309  

Today I read some more in the P.E Diedt book and saw that he talks about 100 gram carbs. He said that you should eat carbs only at the evening meal. So tomorrow I will continue my 2MAD plan but switch it up and have no carbs for breakfast or brunch and then save my carbs for my 2nd meal. Today hasn't been a great eating day for me but then Saturdays are often my day to eat off. So tomorrow will go back OP and work harder at staying at under 100 net carb grams and track on MFP.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:56 AM   #310  

Trish, is he talking starchy carbs or vegetable carbs? I didn't think he included starchy carbs in his diet.

I didn't get much sleep again last night. I didn't feel good and went to bed around 6 pm to watch tv. I slept for an hour then was up until closer to midnight. At 3 am I was wide awake. I'm concerned about my blood pressure. My systolic is high and they just keep adding pills that don't work. It seems like they don't know what to do so they will try and try. I want to find a way to lower it without more pills that aren't working. My diastolic is great. How do you lower systolic without effecting diastolic? So I guess ill visit Dr Google for some ideas.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:40 AM   #311  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all. Staying at 160 right now. Have eaten 3 days in a row. Plan to fast today. I had my 2nd vaccine Friday afternoon. Yesterday was very low energy and had headaches off and on. Also my arm was really sore, even to lift things, like the teapot. LOL.
This morning is better, I slept well. Arm is still a bit sore, but not as much as yesterday. I feel like I can do a walk this morning, and will do that early because its so nice out right now.
I arranged a dog walker for the afternoon (I did that yesterday too) so that i won't get worn out.
This spring weather seems good everywhere right now, and thats as should be. We all need it, and are happy getting out.

Older DD gets her first dose of vaccine in a week from tomorrow, so that will be the whole family with first doses on board.
We are planning for company at the cottage, with the rule being that all adults coming must have had a first dose at least. The thought of seeing other people is pretty exciting. Its a little dull only having a few people around. We are visiting more with neighbours outside too in our little community.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:00 AM   #312  

Mad, I'm glad you're getting some socialization in with family, friends and neighbors.

Trish, I saw the information you read about carbs, pages 104-108. I've only heard him talk about vegetable carbs and it surprised me to have him mention potatoes and rice. He usually specifies no fat with carbs so no butter, but I wonder if that means no butter on vegetables.

I decided I want avocados again. I go hot and cold with them. I get tired of them. I bought another bag of the small ones that are just the right size for me. Only problem they start to ripen all at once.

I'm finally getting my laundry done, on Sunday. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-16-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #313  

Mad That is great that you will be able to socialize again. Glad you aren't having any bad reactions to the 2nd vaccine. We didn't either. I was tired a lot but even that wasn't too bad because we prepared for it. Hope your DH is feeling better.

Carol Sue I was surprised that he included the potato and rice as well. I don't even buy potatoes any more except for frozen fries that we eat once in a while. When I lived in SC I told my doctor that when I ate starchy carbs they made me lethargic and all I wanted to do was sleep. He told me to eat them at my evening meal. I think that is why he said to eat your starchy carbs at your evening meal because it helps you sleep better. I think he says that because a lot of people who do VLC diets have insomnia and the starchy carb last meal will counter act that.

I have found these 3 diet books I'm reading of Atkins 100, OMAD and PEiet very interesting because I see some things that they seem to say about the same things. I figure I can take the best ideas from each one that I can live with and tweak my plan accordingly.

I found it interesting that one of them or I read somewhere online that people can't lose weight if they are eating too much fat and not enough protein. One place said that whatever your ideal weight is for me which is around 120 lbs which I'll never weigh again nor plan to. Any way that would mean that I should be eating 120 grams of protein a day. I do not want to eat 120 grams of protein a day, but I could eat about 100 grams but that is only possible if I drink 1 Premiere shake each day. In order to do that I will have to do 8:16 hr IF. That will probably work better for me any way because of my coffee with collagen and 2x a day. I already count my window of calories between 8 hrs because I drink coffee with collagen in my first cup of coffee and my last. The thing I will change is that I will have a Premier shake to finish my 8 hrs instead of coffee and just add my collagen to that. Also I will work at keeping my net carbs under 90 grams but as close to 50 or 60 most days. I want to do this for the next few weeks to a month and just see what happens.

Today calories are under 1200 calories and the macros are balanced. Weight was only up .8 lbs today but FBG was up to 115 after my eating last night. Won't be doing that any more because I have learned that night eating works against my FBG.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:39 PM   #314  

Trish, I think it was Dr Naiman who mentioned ideal weight and mine would be 120 also. The lowest adult weight I can remember is 122 and that lasted for 1 day. But I think he said multiply that weight times .8 to get your protein level. Mine came out to 100gm and I didn't feel well eating that much. I know I don't get near enough protein. I wanted KFC but DH just wanted French fries. I ate cooked vegetables but didn't feel satisfied because my body wanted protein. I have chicken in the freezer but it takes time to defrost.

Trish, how are you doing with your new freezer? Did your sister take your old one? I did laundry today and my washer is making horrible noise. I looked online and the cheapest washer is $500. I could get one at Wow Outlet but you have to haul it yourself. I think I will ignore the noise and keep using it since it still cleans the clothes. The dryer is old, too.

I think you have really turned yourself around with your weight and your eating. It is slow, but that makes it lasting. I don't think you will ever regain. It has improved your health with your blood sugar and blood pressure. You deserve to be proud of your accomplishments. I hope your sister follows in your footsteps.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:49 PM   #315  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

It was a maintain this week. Hopefully, the gaining has stopped and the losing will begin!
Closed Thread