Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 01:36 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Glad to see your weight coming down. I think it is good when we lose slowly like that. They seem to stay off better.

My weight was 189.4 yesterday and I seemed to be hungry all day but tried to stay with healthier 0 pt foods... even made a 0 pt soup made with veggies and chicken broth. The chicken broth I had had a lot of sodium in it and I felt swelled last night so was dreading getting on the scales this morning because I figured my weight would be up but was surprised it was down to 188.8. I put some leftover red beans in the soup and maybe it off set the sodium. Who knows. I'm just thankful not to have the gain. I seem to have days I want nothing to eat and days like yesterday when I seemed to be starving. However, I think that is how normal people eat.

I am so tired of having to track everything on WW especially since I eat mostly 0 pt foods from the power foods on Simply Filling. So I'm really considering just going with SF and stop tracking on WW. Today I only tracked my bacon and I will have to track my battered fish fillet and my Unsweetened Cashew milk and my Fiber One bar. Everything else I eat today will be 0 pts. I think I've tracked 10 SP. It would be less pts if I was counting Plus Points. I just had a 1 pt taquito for brunch. I hat nut milk and when I go to the store, I will get me a gallon of FF milk which is 0 pt on SF. I don't eat that much of foods that have to be counted as weeklies since it is easy to pick and choose as well as cook from the Power Foods.

I lose weight so slowly any way so why not do this in a way that I can enjoy it and also not have to pay WW or track on there. I have both the little WW calculators that calculates SP or PP plus the slider and I've got a spiral notebook. So it is very doable. My mind is made up and I will not be renewing my WW membership.

I noticed that Pipsicle didn't check in and have also wondered if she is doing okay.

Hope everybody has a nice day.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, you seem to be firmly into the 180s. I want that, too. Although WW has worked so well for you I can understand you getting tired of tracking points. If you can continue on your own then do it. If that doesn't work out you can always rejoin. I can't seem to do this any other way than on my own. I have to be able to eat foods I like but just keep quantities low.

My weight loss is always slow, almost non existing. Cutting calories way back has never worked for me long term. I always regain. But I've kept 27 lbs off for a few years and never got even close to 217 where I started. Its just a blurred memory that I ever weighed that much. I hope to continue this way, adding a pound here and there to my loss.

No breakfast again today. For lunch I had cabbage, onion and turnip shredded together steamed in some water and added some of the noodles from DHs Pastaroni. He wants a hamburger and fries for dinner today because we have fresh ground beef. I don't know what I will eat. I have leftovers to make 1 taco. So maybe that and some cooked vegetables. I felt a little hungry when I first got up but that was gone after 2 cups of coffee. I seem to do well like this for a few days then my appetite goes crazy for a few days.

I'm doing laundry again today and when I went downstairs I slipped into the exercise room and did some squats. Two sets of 10, twice, so I have 10 more to do today. I also want to walk on my treadmill. I don't have any soreness yet from the squats so maybe I will do them slower and try to go deeper. I feel that I'm not doing enough if I don't get some soreness but don't want an injury. There's a fine line.

Old 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #213  

Well I cancelled my WW membership. It is a little scary but then I know this will be easier. I didn't realize that I didn't eat my 1 pt taquito until almost noon so hopefully I will have a shorter eating window today. I want to get back into the habit of eating only when I am hungry not by the clock. I will continue with my woe that my pts will be eaten earlier in the day and 0 pts after our main meal. However, if I had figured out how late it was, I might have waited to eat at lunch time.

You are doing good with the exercise Carol Sue. I've done 25 squats so far today and I read on Webtv newsletter that exercising late afternoon is better so I will try to use my bike after we eat today. I do feel freer to do this the way I want to do it. If I'm rebelling then I will make it work for me and not against.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:11 AM   #214  

The scale is up 2 lbs today. I don't know why. I have been sleeping til 8-9 am but today I got up early. This always happens.

Trish, I hope you can continue to lose without the WW app. They will probably offer you specials to come back.

More snow overnight. I guess winter is finally here. That warmer weather we were having was unusual and had us spoiled. 60 days or so until spring!

I felt so disappointed with the scale that when DH got up I wanted some scrambled eggs. They are good protein and its not like I ate doughnuts or sweet rolls. I guess skipping breakfast is not really helping me. I don't want to go back to it every day but maybe 50/50. Skipping it gives me a longer fasting window so I will switch back and forth.

I am going to do more laundry today and clean the kitchen. I'm going to try not to sit so much.

I put a load of clothes in the washer then went into my exercise room. I walked on my treadmill for15 minutes then rode my bike for 10. Then the washer was done and I put the clothes into the dryer. I really didn't want to exercise but I pushed myself. I am really lucky to have this room and the equipment I have accumulated over the years. I feel really guilty that I haven't made the best of it over the years but its never too late to start as I am still living and breathing. I don't have to leave my home or share the equipment with anyone else. I didn't go fast. I feel that moving my muscles is better than sitting in my recliner. I can work my way up. I have to keep reminding myself how lucky I am and continue to do this.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-19-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:22 PM   #215  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI friends: I am fighting with my scale too. I got so darn discouraged last week after so much fasting a now real weight loss. I ate everyday for 3 days, 2MAD. i was over 160, but was under today after eating OMAD yesterday. SO I am fasting again today. I am going to go for longer (to Thursday I hope) and only eat low carb on eating days, and stick to my 2MAD with no snacks in between, and even track a bit of my food. Also working to give up on the cream in my tea on fasting days. I had a bit this am, but no more for the rest of the day. I am pretty down this week, and finding everything in life a bit difficult. The knee pain is quite bad today to, and the CBD oil is not helping it.
I have physio booked for Thursday at least. DH is walking Buddy. Can't go anywhere with the weather, a lot of squalls coming and going, makes for difficult driving. That is the advantage of being retired. I do not HAVE to drive today because I have no appointments and nothing urgent, so I will not drive. Thats a nice relief at least.

Carol Sue, must be so frustrating to be up again with the weight after getting down to 190.0 and not going back the the 180s again.
Trish, you stay in the 180s like you worked to get there. Whether you are paying for WW or not, you have the tools to stay there!
Hope your DH feels better too.

Have a good day, and hope we hear from Pip as well soon.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #216  

I know exactly how you 2 feel. I woke up this morning and didn't want to do anything. My mood was so weird and realized that I was falling into depression and as you know that is a strange feeling to me. I didn't want to get up and just didn't want to fight all this any more. Then I thought about Daddy and him spending the last few years of his life in that nursing home and remembered that is why I do this because I don't want to live like that if I can keep from it. So I made myself do my core exercises before I got out of bed. Didn't do much else for exercise except I did do 20 squats and will work up to 50 of them today. I am also thinking about doing the bike 10 minutes at a time twice today instead of doing 20 all at once.

I guess my weight down yesterday was a delay to a gain because I'm up to 190.4 this morning even though I ate much less yesterday. Of course it could be from the sodium in the soup since I finished it off last night. I'm still striving to eat only when hungry and eat what I want from the SFPF sheet. I had 1 slice of cheese toast today but have to use 2% cheese because I can't find FF. I have pork chops out for today but I don't think they are going to be thawed out in time for lunch so may end up eating lasagna. I've had 3 c coffee with the Premier protein shake in it. I will try not to drink any more coffee today since I think I drink too much of it and not enough water. I'm trying to get more water in these days.

DH is sleeping. He read up about his back in his medical book and he believes his problem is the sciatic nerve and of course even the book says it gets worse at night so he is sleeping now. I think that it is good for him to sleep when he can because he isn't in pain then. I'm sure it will take a while for it to heal. I have a friend who has had problems with hers for years in spite of doctors. However, I know DBIL goes to an excellent chiropractor here in town and will talk to DH about him going to him. He isn't one of those who wants to keep you coming to him forever. He is interested in getting results.

DH wanted to go to Sam's yesterday but I didn't think he should. I'm not sure that was smart but I sure don't want to go until Thursday as we are supposed to have rain showers until then and just light rain that day. I do know that he will eventually have to start walking the soreness out as I have always done with my back.

We are having our struggles but I'm sure we will find our way to success. Hope everybody has a good day today.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:21 PM   #217  

Trish, I don't know if you are doing the squats every day but you shouldn't. Your muscles have to rest a day or two in between so you should only do them 3 times a week.

I actually feel very rejuvenated and energetic after doing my exercise today, even though it was not intense. This is how exercise makes me feel so I don't understand why I don't do it more often. I hope it becomes part of my lifestyle. I am more determined this time. I don't ever want to stop like I've done in the past. If I do I want someone remind me that I said that.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #218  

Carol Sue I have done 40 of the squats today plus 20 minutes on the recumbent bike and more core exercises. Since I'm doing all this on my own now without tracking online, I really want to do them 3 days a week preferably Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mainly because I don't do exercise per se on Sunday and I don't have time to do them on Friday when I got to the beauty shop. Besides I usually go to the store on Friday and one other day each week. So I figure I will get enough.

We had the lasagna for lunch and I always give DH more than half and I made me some slaw since he ate the rest of what he had from KFC. It is strange that eating less really seems to satisfy me. I have this taste for unsweetened applesauce and cottage cheese so I will have some of that later. So I won't be eating very much today which is good since I ate so much the past few days. You know I also realized today that when eating the SFPF a person could even do low carb or even keto. The possibilities of this woe is amazing. In fact, I see no reason why I couldn't mix and match... low carb some days and more carbs other so that I don't get bored with this.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:31 PM   #219  

Trish I don't know what days I will do my weight exercises but I won't do them 2 days in a row. I will do the bike and treadmill most days. This is my plan so I hope I stick to it. I might not be able to lose weight but I need to get stronger so I can walk better.

More snow coming tonight. I hope they clear the roads because I have to go out for the last day of the meat sale.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:41 AM   #220  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

I was out of town on Sunday and meant to make a quick post even though I didn't have an new numbers. WIFI and phone reception were both bad so I gave up. I'll be able to post this Sunday.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #221  
Madeleine

Hey there 158 in a fasted state, which is the same as the last few weeks. I am going to fast at least until supper tonight, but I am considering going into tomorrow.
I am hoping the prolonged fast would kick start things again, if I am getting new insulin resistance, and also I am hoping for some anti-inflammatory effects from the prolonged fast, with autophagy helping with that.

My knee was really sore yesterday and so far again today. DH is also pretty sore, so we hired a neighbour kid to walk the dog this am. LOL, things have not changed, she looked so underdressed for the cold weather, but I am not her mama to boss her around.

Glad you checked in Pipsicle, and chat with you all later.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #222  

Glad to see you're OK, Pipsicle. Hope you enjoyed you time away.

My Wt is down a bit today to 191.8. Not where I want it but its difficult and I know we all get these fluctuations that don't make sense. So I just keep eating healthy the best I can.

Mad, I'm sorry to hear your knee is still painful. Mine was a little sore last night from the walk on the treadmill. My good knee brace was in the laundry and I wore the older one that is stretched out a bit, but better than nothing. The compression seems to help. I took Tylenol before bed and feel better today.

We did get snow overnight but the sun came out and melted it on the roads.We went to the store for the meat sale. Then we went back out for haircuts, went to Goodwill and Dollar Tree then home. I ate breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast which is good because I missed lunch. I would like to go out for dinner somewhere.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-20-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:15 PM   #223  

Pipsicle Glad to hear from you. Enjoy your trip and we look forward to hearing from you when you can write more.

Fatmad Glad your weight is coming back down and hope it keeps going as you fast. Fasting does take care of a lot of things. Hope the soreness you and DH are experiencing will ease up soon. I feel some twinges and aches in my knee and hip when the weather if bad. I remember hearing old people talking about the weather affecting their joints and now I am one of them.

Carol Sue I've never tried wearing a knee brace and don't remember DS ever talking about wearing. I had a pastor who wore one for years before he finally broke down and had surgery a few years ago. I know there are people who However the recumbent bike seems to help. Also I'm noticing that the collagen is also helping my joints too. But to be honest I think my weight loss is playing a big part in the ease I have. In fact, just last night I told DH that I have always had problems with my back and I think that is from lifting patients when I worked in nursing homes as well as 1st husband who was paraplegic. One thing that keeps me exercising and losing weight is the fact that my back doesn't hurt like it does when I get back up in the 200s.

I have a new weight this month. It isn't the first time I weighed this because I weighed around this # once before the holidays. Weight was 187.8 this morning. So that gain the other day to 190 must have been the sodium in the chicken broth that I made my soup with. I am really enjoying the freedom of this way of eating. I got up today and mixed a banana with 1T crunchy PB and 1/2 c serving of my homemade yogurt and added just enough bran flakes for the crunchy cereal and it was really good. The only pts would be in the PB which I didn't worry about. Lunch will be a pork chop, corn and green beans and I don't have a whole glass of cashew milk so everything will be 0 pts for lunch. I am thinking not eating the same thing all the time may be key to weight loss because my body won't even feel like it is on a diet because I'm just eating what I want but no real routine.

I added EVOO in my coffee yesterday morning but I forgot it today which is probably good because it didn't seem to mix with my collagen yesterday. I got a new list of SFPF and the protein shakes without sugar are on the 0 pt list. I think the Premier has 1 g but I use it any way.

DH ended up sleeping quite a bit yesterday and I noticed that he was sleeping very well after he came to bed early this morning and was still sleeping soundly when I got up, dressed and left the room. He was better yesterday and I don't plan for us to go any where today. Looks like we are entering a rain phase for the rest of this week and next so I think we will go to Sam's tomorrow as I can get what I need there. That way I will go to the beauty shop Friday and come straight home. If he is feeling good enough Friday and BIL is off work, we will go out to eat that afternoon at Cheddar's Restaurant.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:49 PM   #224  
Madeleine

Congrats Trish; 188 is something to celebrate. I know yo can keep going. What you are doing is working well for you.
DH is having his supper, and I am still fasting. I will plan to fast until lunchtime tomorrow I think.
I am having carb cravings, everything I think about eating seems to be carb focused. I am hoping the longer fast will mean tomorrow I am not craving the carbs so badly.
I have GF pizza, ravioli and pirogies in the freezer, and yummy crackers in the cupboard, and all of those are on my radar right now.
Hope I can be happy with salad and crustless quiche tomorrow.

Have a good evening friends.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:54 AM   #225  
Madeleine

157 today. This is now 60+ hrs into my fast. I plan to eat lunch and supper today. I do hope this prolonged fast will kick start something with weight loss.
I have to remember that this is "empty" weight and not get upset with holding some of what I eat today, so I expect to be 158 tomorrow at least.
My knee is better this morning at least, last two days have been quite painful. I will do a short walk with Buddy. I have physiotherapy late this afternoon.

Hoping everyone has a fine day.
Closed Thread