Old 01-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Happy New Year! I know one day won't make a difference but I pray that things improve in 2021.

​​​​​​DH walked on my treadmill yesterday then his leg started to hurt where his hip was broken. So he didn't want to stay up til midnight. We went to bed but watched TV in there until midnight, so we we're still up to welcome in the new year. Many people were setting off fireworks around here.

I am up .4 which isn't much from the sauerkraut. I also found out I still have my sense of smell. Sometimes I can't smell things but when I opened the sauerkraut I said "Boy does that smell good," and it was. So for the record I'm starting 2021 at 192.8. I believe I was around the same last year.

I don't know if I'm superstitious or not. I'm not afraid of walking under a ladder but I do like traditions. I have had pork and sauerkraut for New Years every year of my marriage.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

Sure hope 2021 will be nicer to us.

Carol Sue I am a tradition kind of girl too. I think that is why routines work out for me if I can get myself into one that will work with my diet plan. I found a can of blackeyed peas but it was out dated. Date was Sept 2018. The can looked okay but not willing to get sick, I threw it out. I did find a can of lentil soup so I think I will wash them and just have the lentils later tonight for dinner. I can have 1/2 c with a serving of quinoa for 0 pts. However, since I'm not eating a lot of pts today I plan to spend 4 pts for a slice of cornbread with it and I still have 6 pt left and need to use 2 of them somewhere since I can only rollover 4 of them.

I think I will try to make my own cornbread in the future for 1 pt. I think I could make it with almond milk instead of FF milk and it will be 1 pt. since making it with 0% milk is 4. I will do that next time.

Sorry you DH hurt his hip on the treadmill. You have other exercise machines so maybe he would do better with one of those. Perhaps the stationary bike would be easier on his hip and work up to the treadmill.

Carol Sue If you weigh about what you did last year then you haven't gained so that is good. We didn't do what we wanted to do last year but we haven't really done bad. Plus we have learned a lot about ourselves. So now we can make it work for us.

I did make Friday my WI day since weight was the same as yesterday and this is the 1st day of the new year. It is a new year and I feel ready to go. I've done my bike and calisthenics and taking advantage of being able to count housework too. That will get me moving even with housework most days.

Breakfast was 0 pts of 2 eggs scrambled with Picante sauce, 1 sl Canadian bacon and FF cheddar cheese. Main meal will be 6 pts and evening meal so far will be 4 pts however, I could use those 2 pts for a flavored FF yogurt so I don't lose them. I like planning to roll those 4 pts we are allowed for special days out.

I'm thinking my feelings lately have been from missing Daddy and family because I suddenly feel impowered again and hope to be able to keep that up.

Have a blessed and safe day everyone.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-01-2021 at 02:42 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:25 PM   #123  

Trish, DH said he didn't hurt his hip on the treadmill but that was the only thing he did different. I rubbed it when we went to bed and he said it doesn't hurt today. He would not do the bike or elliptical.

I guess its ok to use those 2 points if you get hungry but if not, you might lose some weight by losing them. We don't eat cornbread much. My step daughter likes it but not DH. No surprise there. I have a recipe for the most delicious cornbread. It has a can of corn in it. But I rarely make it. I bought a mix to make for Thanksgiving but just found it in the pantry. Never made it. I think cornbread is a southern thing. DH would die of starvation if he lived in the south! LOL

He didn't want the soup today but we agreed on it for tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #124  

Carol Sue I decided to use 1 of the pts for Light Italian salad dressing on my salad. I may not use the other one. I don't mind losing those pts, but not purposely losing them. Even if I decide I want something else I can also make it a 0 pt food and not use any of the 5 pts left for the day.

I misplaced the lentil soup and while looking for it, I actually found the dry lintels so they are in the crockpot. I have decided I don't want to cook the quinoa since I'm eating the cornbread with the lentils. I have a friend who has always been thin all the years I've known her. I remember years ago when we came to TX to visit that we met her and some of our other friends to eat at Cracker Barrel. She ordered side orders of beans, greens and cornbread and a glass of tea. I've often thought that is why she has always been thin. She always cooked greens when we had Helping Hands Bible study at her house on Fridays. I was so shocked the day I asked her how she cooked them because they were so good when she told me they were just a package of frozen greens that she cooked. However, you would have thought they were fresh greens that she had spent hours cleaning and cooking. I've never been able to cook them like she does. I never see her any more or I surely would ask her how she cooked them. Greens and cornbread sounds so good and would make a nice evening meal.

I didn't eat until noon today so hopefully I can get back to IF/WW 8 hr eating window routine again.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #125  

Trish, I buy lentil soup, drain it, and freeze the lentils in individual bags. I like that it retains the flavor from the soup. I have never cooked dry lentils and would not know how to season them to make them as good as the soup.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #126  

Wt is down .6 to 192.2. I didn't sleep well so I'm surprised that the scale is down. I got mostly light sleep with little deep and even less rem. I didn't feel sleepy when I went to bed so I laid awake for a long time. I didn't fall asleep until after midnight. I woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. So maybe there's a new in store for today.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:21 AM   #127  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI friends 161 today after the excesses of the season, so I have a lot of fasting to do in January. DD moves out into a furnished apartment starting tomorrow. She will come every 7-10 days for a visit and to do her laundry, but will have her own space, and so will we. I love her, but its time, we had 10 days of holiday visiting together, but it will be nice to have our own space back too. So today is our last full day together.
Our shower "broke" on New Year's eve, so we have a plumber coming today.
It has been icy her, with rain and freezing rain at times. Yesterday DH and I took Buddy to the dog park, but I wore my cleats AND took my walking poles and took off the foot pads and left the ice picks out. But the dogs of course run and while Buddy was fine, too much of that and he too could get a sprain, and we don't want that.
So a few days off from that kind of cavorting. My knee still gives some trouble, and I talk with the doctor on Tuesday, and hope for X-rays etc by the end of the week.
We did celebrate having Buddy for a whole year now. He continues to be a nice light in our lives.

Happy New Year friends.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #128  

Yes, I agree its time for DD to have her own space. I think it will work out fine.

I think everyone is having wet weather right now. The ice depends on the temperature. I'm afraid of DH falling again. I bought him a pair of shoes that are better for ice and snow and also a set of cleats to put on his shoes but they both remain unused. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. If he falls and gets hurt I will have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

I think I am going back to breakfast. I seem to be eating more calories now than before and I'm eating in the evening so my window time has changed. Night eating has never been good for me as I sleep better on an empty stomach. I've been having slight headaches every morning which I think is due to no food or maybe just the time switch. I have proved that I can stop eating eggs if I want to, but I don't feel that its beneficial. There's been no weight loss to speak of and I don't feel as good overall. I think there have been things I've been eating because "I can eat this because I didn't eat breakfast.". Or maybe I've been eating more because my body feels the need.
Old 01-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #129  

Fatmad It is nice that your DD will still be close enough for the visits. I miss seeing our kids but thankful for cell phones and texting. I feel blessed that we can even do zoom from time to time and see the grandkids even if we can't travel.

Carol Sue The eggs probably have a lot of nutrition in them that your body needs. DH doesn't eat a lot of protein and he was surprised that when I cooked the chicken parmesan at the fact that it was such a big chicken breast and he ate every bite of it. I tell him all the time that he needs a little more protein. I think even Walmart is raising chickens for the larger chicken breasts these day because I can't find small ones any more even there.

Nothing to report here. My weight is stuck at 190.8 but then I'm doing WW purple plan and the say 1 or 2 lbs a week possible weight loss so I would expect it to stay this way until I start losing again. It may take a week or two OP before I will see any progress. I just checked to see how much I averaged to lose since I joined WW in May and I lost .4 lbs a week. Of course that was consistently 100% on plan so who knows what will happen if I can be more faithful to the plan. So it is my plan this year to stay OP. I get 16 pts a day to use and then 28 Weeklies to use as needed and although I do not use Activity pts, I know they are there if needed. Perhaps the best way to keep me on track with WW is to make it an experiment or challenge to see what will happen if I make it a way of life. One of the great things about this plan is that my FBG has been under 110 for 2 days now. It was 108 yesterday and is 107 today. So all is good.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #130  

Trish, I believe we should all develop an eating plan for life, not just for weight loss.

My vegetable soup turned out so good. I started with 12 cups of water. When it started to boil I added a small beef bone with marrow, no meat. 6 beef bullion cubes, a couple baby carrots, a few slices of onion finely diced, a rib of celery thinly sliced, 1/4 c of medium barley and some chopped cabbage, about a cup. I let that boil lightly for 30 minutes. Then I added a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with the juice and 2 cans of Great Value mixed vegetables, drained and rinsed to remove some sodium. I didn't see lima beans in there so I added some frozen lime beans I had on hand. I let it simmer for about an hour. I added no salt and it was fine as the canned vegetables and tomatoes have salt. I let it simmer without a lid to let it reduce and concentrate. It was pretty thick but I didn't add water because I didn't want to dilute the flavor. It was perfect! DH liked it too. Step daughter brought us a loaf of French bread from Walmart yesterday and that went well with the soup. So that's all I had so far today besides the eggs and toast.

I started my exercise, too. I did 20 minutes, a little bit of 4 things. I am also doing some counter push ups. I was reading about sarcopenia and realized I really need exercise. I looked through my exercise DVDs to see if I have any Richard Simmons. I found 2. I bought all these exercise DVDs at Goodwill from time to time. I could do a different one every week and not repeat for a year! So I have NO EXCUSE not to exercise. Rusty came down with me and spent the whole time trying to get me to go back upstairs but I told him to stay. So he did. I feel good and am very happy with my food and exercise today.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #131  

I can't believe I slept until almost 9:30 this morning. Been slow going today just taking it easy. I'm trying to learn that it is okay to do that. I can still get things done that needs to get done without stressing over them.

Weight down 1.4 lbs today to 189.4 almost back down where I was before trying SF. I think that the Purple plan is the way I ate back when they went to the core/flex plans. Some of us didn't always trust all the 0 pt foods so we mixed the two which I'm thinking just might now be the Purple plan. Those of us who mixed the two and counted some of the 0 pt foods were losing weight better than those who didn't. At least for me the Purple is much better because I think it is helpful to have the 16 dailies with the 23 weeklies. The nice thing about it is that I usually rollover 3 to 4 pts each day, but then yesterday I used 4 of my rollovers and I still have 27 weeklies and it looks like I am going to have 4 rollovers today to put them back so that when we get KFC tomorrow, I will have pts to cover it.

It is going to be beautiful here today through Tuesday so we will go to Sam's and to Walmart tomorrow. It is supposed to rain Wednesday and the weather will be cooler for a few days.

Carol Sue I agree that we should all develop a lifestyle way of eating. Now that I know this works for me I am going to be doing just that. Glad you were able to get back to exercising. I want to do 4 days a week... Monday through Thursday. The strange thing is that I seem to miss the exercise when I don't do it. However, I'm not lazy on those days because some of those days like Fridays I walk when I go to the store. Tomorrow some of my exercise will be walking Sam's and Walmart, but I probably wills till do my regular stationary bike and calisthenics.

Your soup sounds so good. I have some veggies in the freezer that I need to use so I think I will work at making some 0 to 1 pt soups for me to eat at night. I have switched to Almond milk because it does have Vitamin D and Calcium in it and it is only 1 pt. I am also want to get some egg substitute and I will make cornbread with it so that it will be 1 pt per slice. I also am going to get some frozen greens and learn how to season it so I can have it with cornbread for evening meals. I am beginning to see how I can eat on this purple plan and be healthy and hopefully lose weight.

Hope everybody has a nice Sunday.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #132  

Food and exercise might have been good yesterday but Wt is up today. Whatever. I can only do what I can do and what my brain is willing to allow. My set point was 200 for so long and now its 190. I don't really remember how I broke through those 10 lbs. It was so gradual that I didn't actually notice it happening. I think it was when I was strict about not eating after 4 pm. I went to bed hungry every night but I've drifted away from that lately. I need to get back to that because that's how my body loses.

I'm doing ok with not eating breakfast every day. I ate it yesterday but was not hungry today. I had soup around noon. We were almost out of eggs. Two left. I usually have 4 dozen here at a time but we were eating them daily. DH likes to make egg salad sandwiches sometimes and over the holidays I was using them for baking. I bought 3 dozen today at Wal-Mart so I will see how long they last and might go back to buying 2 dozen at a time.

We went to Wal-Mart for a few things and to Kohls. I had $15 Kohls cash that was expiring today. I bought a pair of black jeans. I have plenty of jeans but don't have black. DH waited in the car so I didn't want to spend a lot of time. They have so much on clearance I could have spent so much money! So I'm glad I didn't have time. Now I need to go to Target to get my fish oil and they have bathroom rugs on sale.

Restaurants are reopening tomorrow. So many have stayed open and been fined. I am looking forward to going to Texas Roadhouse.

One of our local state representatives died of a brain annurism yesterday. 44 years old. He had covid in December and just recovered. I will never know, but I would not be surprised if that annurism was a result of covid. Its so strange that it happened soon afterwards. They said that covid can cause other things even if you have a mild case.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #133  

Carol Sue I'm wondering if it isn't better for us to lose slower at our age not only because of the wrinkles but my beautician reminded me the other day that they say what you lose slowly stays of easier and longer. God knows you and I have lost very slow. It would be nice if something good like that came out of it wouldn't it?

I have just come to the place to where I am going to use the WW Purple plan for my woe but I am going to eat when I'm hungry and not eat when I'm not. I like that part of IE and SF rules and I figure it can't hurt to follow it. I haven't eat anything so far today. We are having breakfast for lunch and I am only eating 3 pts for lunch and I'm having 2 eggs 0 pts, hash browns air fried 0 pts, oatmeal pancakes (my recipe figured on WW app) o pts and 1 serving of SF syrup for 1 pt. I plan to have the rest of the lentils with a 4 pt sl cornbread and 2 pt Fiber one brownie and it looks like I will roll over 4 pts and lose 3 I don't plan to use.

I think you will get things going for you again. I'm seeing that I do better not eating breakfast but seem to need to save my pts for evening because I stay up so late where as you have learned that you do better not eating after 4 pm. However, remember that if you really are hungry that you used to do well if you had a scrambled egg. Since you do like your eggs, you might save them for then and still get the nutrition you seem to need from them. Of course do what works for you as that is just a suggestion. I'm glad the restaurants are opening up for y'all since you and DH do better when you can eat what you want that way.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #134  

Trish, I am doing ok with not eating breakfast if I'm not hungry. I never thought I would stop eating eggs every day. Really, I would eat them if he made them later, at 11 or 12. But he gets up at 9 and I'm not usually hungry then. Yesterday I was. I remember eating one egg at night and it helped with fasting blood sugar. I no longer test fasting. My blood sugar was always good in the am and bad after dinner. Now I only test 2 hrs after dinner and take G according to that reading. That saves on test strips and G. I will see how this works for A1c.

Trish, I lost from 200 to 190 so slow I didn't even notice it. It took 2 years and has stayed off. I am ready to drop the next 10.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #135  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs

S/C/G: 0/-28/-70

Angry Confirmed loss in danger!

No change from last week. Although my weight dips lower during the week, it nearly always pops up on weigh-in day. This month I had a gain of two pounds. If I were in maintenance, that would just be a natural fluctuation and would not even be considered a gain. For the year, I've lost 13.5 lbs which I think is great. I've lost weight two years in a row now!

I am set to keep things moving in the right direction for the new year and have my trackers set up for 2021.

Winter thread results summary: |
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote