Old 12-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Trish, if I liked these sweets I would not be doing this baking. DH likes the apricot cookies so I made a double batch but I only made a half batch of the others because they will go in the tins for the family. I won't be getting any company so I don't need any for here. I get nauseated if I eat sugar. Always have.

I paid bills, ordered shoes and jeans for DH, cooked dinner, wrote out my out of state cards, cleaned the dogs eyes and brushed him to get him ready for his haircut tomorrow. I dread that but he will look so much better. It takes about an hour then we will bring him home and head to Wal-Mart.

I bought an air fryer toaster oven combo at Wal-Mart. I wanted it so bad but have only used it once. I don't think DH would eat anything I make in it. I admit I don't know how to make anything in it. I tried French fries and they were good but DH likes them fried in oil. There are a lot of things I want to try but maybe ill do it after Christmas. It seems that once the holidays are over there's nothing to do.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #32  

I had the clock set to be sure we got up in time for the dog groomer but I woke up automatically and could not fall back to sleep. That's what usually happens. I like to have some time to relax with a cup of coffee and not rush out the door.

We are expecting 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Farther east they are predicted to get a foot or more so I guess the big one is going to miss us. We haven't had a big snow for several years.

Walmart will probably be crowded after the groomer. Stores get really crowded the day before a snow storm. Everyone has to stock up in case we get snowed it. We have only been going to Walmart once a week which is good now that the virus is getting more virulent, and Christmas is next week. I would like to get some meat but I buy my meat in another store. If it wasn't for DH's bread, we could shop anywhere, even though Walmart's prices are better on most things.

I''ll be back after we get home.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

My weight is stuck back at 189.4 but I figure that is better than gaining. I never seem to lose quickly any way. I am thinking about doing more of a lowfat/low carb eating after the holidays using the WWSF foods. Someone on one of the WW groups complained about SF having so many carbs, but actually you can have as much or as little carbs as you want on SF plan. I don't want to say I will never eat a certain food but I do want to eat cleaner. I did purchase an 8 in 1 Air Fryer Oven that is smaller than the countertop oven I have now and includes toaster, dehydrator and rotisserie etc. I should have it by next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm looking forward to getting it. I think it will also give me more counter space besides.

Carol Sue When I had my other air fryer, DH doesn't like air fried fries either so I cooked mine in the air fryer and cooked his in oil. Fries cooked in the air fryer are 0 pts on SF. I also saw someone air fry what looked like chicken wings but it was actually made with chicken breasts cut small enough to looked like wings which would be either low pts or even 0 pts depending on how you make your sauce. Now DH will eat other things cooked in it.

I called this morning to find out why our YouTube app was working so crazy. The woman I talked to was not all that helpful and she was rude. I like to never got the answers I wanted about my system except that it needed to be rebooted. The company rebooted the internet last night but I finally figured out she was saying that everything had to be rebooted which I didn't know how to do. She just didn't seem to want to help me at all. So When I talked to DS who has the same system with the same people, was able to show me how to do it. I think it is working fine now but won't know until DH and I watch our YouTube programs this evening. The people at this company has always been very friendly as we have had internet and phone with them for years. Any way I'm not on contract so I can change back to Dish if it doesn't work.

Carol Sue Sam's wasn't that bad yesterday. Of course we today and tomorrow will be busy because it will be pay day for many and some seniors on SS. That is why I wanted to go yesterday. I got word that DH has meds ready at Walmart but hopefully we can go Thursday to get it.

Have a nice day everybody.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #34  

Wal-Mart was not too bad today. I asked them to give me an early fill on my Glimiperide so I would have enough to get thru New Years. Then I forgot to go back for them. So DH went to get gas and dropped me off to pick up my prescription. I ran in and right back out.

Next week I will have to go to the grocery store for my ham and some pork for NYE. I hope to get whatever else I need there so I don't have to go to Wal-Mart again.

I did low carb on WW by eating meat and vegetables and avoiding processed foods. It can be done. You can also avoid high fat food. Lean meat, low fat milk and cheese. Protein shakes.

My dog is all cleaned up for the holidays. He won't have to go back until spring. He doesn't like a hair dryer so its easier for me to bathe him if he's short.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #35  

Well, so far the YouTube still freezes so not sure what DH will want to do. He isn't in the mood to do anything right now so will see. They have rebooted it 2 or 3 times from the office before he rebooted and still no change.

I thought I would share this funny from one of my WW groups. Not sure where these people find this cute things but this really gave me a chuckle. LOL

Got up and ran around the block 5 times.
Then I got tired, so
I picked up the block
and put it back in the toy box.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:09 PM   #36  

Hey ladies and gentleman im 45 and i medically retired from the army I was told 2 years ago i was prediabetic so fast foward to today and ive lost 30lbs just by runniing on the elliptical everyday.
YSG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:13 AM   #37  

We did it. We went back to Dish. We just couldn't stand the way our YouTube kept freezing and switching stations was just soooo slow. Watching YouTube now and it is just as smooth as it can be. Happy days are here again. We decided that tv is our entertainment since we don't go anywhere much any more so we will just pay the price to have the excellent service. I will call cable tomorrow and drop the tv cable service and keep the upgraded internet.

I have had a good eating day. I ate outside the 8 hr window because I just wasn't hungry at the end of 8 hrs, but when I did get hungry I just had a slice of 0 pt ham to just satisfy the hunger so it would pass.

Good night.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:00 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Carol Sue When we lived in SC we had a tv in each bedroom so that when we had company they could watch tv in their room if they wanted to. We don't get company like that any more and no reason to do that now. I am going to enjoy having cable in my bedroom mainly because I like to go to sleep with music playing. In our bedroom, the tv has something called a Joey and it uses airways or something and it doesn't always work and if very confusing so I finally just quit using it. The guy I talked to at Dish was willing to work with me and get my bill lower, but when DH called back and talked to someone else the woman wasn't willing to do that so we told them to just cancel. I really want to do the local cable any way but DH wasn't sure he wanted to until he talked to the woman when he called back and she wasn't interested in helping us.

I did an 8 hr eating window today. Not strict low carb, but lower than I have been. I made the Chicken Parmesan and it was really good. I was going to have my niece and two little great nephews over tomorrow but I cancelled until next week because we don't have a set time for the technician to come hook up the boxes etc and we have to wear masks and distance while he is here thus the reason to change things up.

Goodnight.
Very cool! Keep it up!
Dualist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #39  

Trish, this is how I feel about our cable service. I will pay whatever it costs because between the tv and internet, it is our entertainment. We can't have Dish because of the hill behind our house. Some people in our area have it but they lose the signal a lot because of our weather. Lots of cloud cover. It is just one of those things you have to accept and I'm happy we can afford it. Like me, you probably remember when television was free. Just plug it in and turn it on. When we first got cable it was $6/ month!

We are getting a snow storm today. How much depends on your location. I'm thinking maybe 6 inches here. A foot or more in other locations. We are just staying home.

DH said he can hear one of our smoke detectors chirping. It probably needs a new battery. They say to change them when we change the clocks but DH won't do that. He waits til the battery goes dead. So now there's a storm coming and we don't have a battery. Maybe he will run to Dollar General before the snow starts. He should at least buy some batteries when we change the clocks. I often think who would do all this if I lived alone.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:35 PM   #40  

Carol Sue I know the feeling. I wonder the same thing because if I didn't have DH to do things for me there would be no one. Maybe my DGS would but I'm not sure since I never see or hear from him, but then he works all the time.

I can't believe how much better experience with Dish than with the local company I have my internet with. There is another cable company here but I had it once years ago when it was Time Warner and didn't like it. I never liked their internet. We have had cable with 2 or 3 different companies over the years with out moves from FL to SC to Tx as well as Direct tv. I have to say that I feel spoiled by Dish. I still was able to save $21 even with the internet speed update so that is good. However, like I shared before, Dish is having to haggle with some company our a few of our local stations we can't get right now so that could end up swallowing up that $21 by the time they get that settled. The lady who re-activated my Dish service said they are still working on that. I have to say DH and I are both happy with things back as they were with an upgraded internet. It is up from 200 MB to 600. So I guess it was worth all the problems.

I know y'all are experienced at getting out in the snow/ice but y'all be careful. One of the things I've always appreciated about DH is that he seldom runs out of batteries. The only reason we used to run out of them when we lived around his kids was that they knew Grandad always had batteries and they would go take them. He is like your Hubby. He won't change the batteries in the smoke alarms until they are dead.

My weight is finally back down to 188.6 I think it was. Could have been 188.4 but I don't remember but it is down so that is good. I am looking forward to getting the air fryer. I want to go online and learn how to use cook with it. I watch Paula Dean doing a show in her home for lock down cooking and she made salmon patties in her air pot. If she has a show on it, I would think there would be others out there on YouTube doing the same. My online WW membership runs out on the 20th. Today I am going to start doing more of a low carb/lowfat woe using their guidelines. I'm not sure about IF. I haven't tracked even on paper the past few days with all that was going on so I couldn't remember what I did yesterday, but I think I ended up with a 2Mad with a very small snack but it was probably more of a 10 hr window which isn't bad since I read online of some people who do a 12/12 IF ratio. So I'm not going to plan any real rules except to eat mindfully and healthy.

Fatmad and Pipsicle I think y'all read although you don't post everyday. I'm wondering how your weather is with all the snow storms etc going on. Hope y'all are staying warm and safe.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:24 PM   #41  

We only got a few inches of snow but it's still snowing lightly. A tractor trailer is stopped across the street. I think he started sliding down the hill and stopped. He's been there all day. I don't know why the salt truck never came.

Be back after dinner.

We had steak, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I made cookie dough for cut out cookie to bake tomorrow. I am going to make dough for Rugalach which are Jewish nut rolls. And I baked Walnut butter balls. After this I only have some no bake lemon cookies and I'm done. I will pack them up and pass them out over the weekend.

Trish, I think some people do IF a few days a week and eat in a longer window the other days. It doesn't have to be the same every day. Normal eaters don't eat on the same schedule every day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-16-2020 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #42  

Carol Sue It is great that you can cook the cookies without being tempted. I have had no desire for any of the sweets I used to make. I do have a can of no sugar added apple pie filling to make for Christmas day because I know DH will like it. I'm not big on apple pie so I won't be tempted to eat more than 1 small slice if I eat that. I make us a small fruit salad and I can have that. I guess the sweetness of the Fiber one bars satisfy my sweet tooth. I hope your DH family not only enjoys what you are doing for them but I I hope they appreciate it too. They will miss you when you are gone but they will remember you with fond memories. That is a blessing.

I ended up cancelling my order for the air fryer I ordered last night because I realized I can't broil with it. I wanted one that does it all since I try not to use my big oven very much. I was also concerned about it being so small. So I got one a little bigger. I may not be able to put it where I was going to put the other one. However it is still about 4" smaller in width than my countertop oven so I will get a little more room even if I put it there. It still won't get here till next Tuesday or Wednesday. I got one $0 air fryer cookbook and then I bought the kindle air fryer cookbook that is for 2 people. The one I bought is great because it has the calories, fat etc along with those recipes. I haven't looked to see if the other book does are not. It is for beginners using air fryers and I haven't gotten far enough to see in the book to see the recipes yet. I'm getting excited about this purchase and I told someone today that I feel like a little kid waiting for a new toy. Not sure why.

One of the cookbooks has a lot of low carb and keto recipes in it too. You know BS told me that she has to do low fat along with low carb or keto combo to keep her weight off. So I am thinking very seriously about doing that after the holidays and see how it works. I don't think I want to do keto but a low carb low fat would work.

I had my salad today with a grilled pork chop and nuked cut okra with a touch of butter in them just enough for flavor. I may not have to eat anything tonight. I've been eating breakfast and early dinner for the past few days and haven't eat much of anything at night.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #43  

Trish,that's good that you're not eating at night. I think that's a big factor.

We ended up getting 9 inches of snow. DH won't let me pay someone to do snow removal and he's not feeling well. I might be a widow by the time this winter is over. The poor little dog went out to pee and the snow was up over his little legs.

Other than chocolate candy or ice cream, I am not a sweet eater. If I was alone there would never be baked goods here. Sugar makes me feel nauseated and tastes sickeningly sweet to me. I prefer a savory taste. So it is not willpower keeping me from eating the cookies, I just don't care much for them. I give them to step daughter and step son. Their families like them, and BIL who lives alone. It's don't know why sugar affects me that way. Its been like that all my life.

A friend called us yesterday and told me of some people I know who had covid 19. Just mild cases. One is her DIL who works in a hospital. She doesn't work with patients but tests blood. But it is in the hospitals. The others are her neighbors who went nowhere, but went to someone's house for Thanksgiving. Bingo! They told us NOT to do that!
Old 12-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #44  

Carol Sue I thought about y'all wondering how much snow you got. I certainly hope your DH gets to feeling better and will be okay. I hope you two don't get the virus. I know you do like us. We try to be careful.

I guess my weight was 188.6 yesterday because that is what it is today. I had 2 eggs and 1 sl bacon and 1 sl 100% WW bread. I thought DH was going to it that because he liked the texture better so I thought I would use the SLMGB and he could eat what I have left of the WW (I have 2 loafs) but he was using the SLMGB when we had our sandwiches the other day. Darn his hide. So I will start eating it for breakfast instead of the SLB. Not sure what we will eat today. We need to go pick up DH meds at Walmart and we are taking the Tivo boxes and remotes back to the cable company and naturally it is on the other side of town. I wanted to go pick up some things from Walmart but my hair looks like crap and I'm not sure I want to even get out of the car. I may let him go i and get his meds then we can go return the tivo stuff and go by LJS and come straight home. I will just get what I can at the local store tomorrow after I leave the beauty shop. I've decided to struggle through the holidays with my hair and then have her perm the back of it because I can't get it to lie down like I want it to.

I think I will go make me some cold slaw so I have it with my LFS fish.

Have a great day.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #45  

Trish, DH didn't feel good because his blood pressure was up. He buys Fritos and they are so salty they make me want to choke! I'm going to have to watch when he buys stuff like that.