Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 01:19 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue That is nice to know since I think my A1c was 5.1. So that means I've already made it to normal blood sugar. However, I am very much aware that in order to stay this way I have to stay healthy. So I must continue doing what I am doing.

I've eaten more IF/IE today and I ended up eating only 2 meals today. I just have not been hungry. I probably would not have eaten tonight but I won't eat before I go to the beauty shop tomorrow and I wanted to be sure that I have enough to not so I won't be hungry before I get back home. I will probably start doing more IF when I know I'm not going any where.

I think I've had another good day. So Good night.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Trish, I think you are very healthy. You have no major health issues like heart disease like so many our age have. I think you will live a long time like your Dad did.

I am afraid to get on the scale because I over ate again yesterday. There is something getting me back to snacking and I need to nip that in the bud. I know hunger is not always a bad thing. DH eats every couple hours and it is so easy for me to fall into that trap. He eats very small portions and small meals. Never finishes anything. I tend to always finish everything and go back for seconds, so eating when he eats is wrong for me. It was a struggle for me to get away from doing that and now it's creeping back in. . I need to start feeling hungry before I eat. So I will get on the scale and face the number whatever it is.

Holy Cow!! 195.6!!! This is not retaining fluid! I was not going to post it but I have to face the truth and be accountable. The last time I was 190 was Feb 3, so I have gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-26-2021 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #393  

Trish, I just heard of a woman who had a severe reaction to the shingles vaccine. Now her blood platelets are very low and she has to keep getting tested. I realise that many people can get a vaccine and be fine but there are rare instances when something goes wrong. I had a bad reaction to an antibiotic and my doctor said it is rare and didn't believe me. But if you are the person who gets the bad reaction it is no help knowing that it is rare. I am just saying this to explain about DH who refuses to get the virus vaccine and why I am hesitant. I am very glad that you and your family along with many others have had the vaccine and are doing fine.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:40 PM   #394  

Carol Sue So sorry about the weight gain. Believe me I know the struggle better than anyone and I know how easy it is to fall back into old habits. I think it may be something we all go through all of our lives. I'm 77 and have traveled journey since I was 20 yrs old. It was easier when I was young but not so easy these days.

Please know that I am not trying to talk anyone into taking the vaccine. I told DH last night his DD was one reason I decided to take it because she would be upset if we got the virus and something happened to us because we didn't especially him. He laughed and said he did it because of the same thing with my DS. Anyway we are in the process of getting them so that is that for us. I agree with you. When the swine flu shot came out and they gave the statistics on how many people died from the flu shot, my Grandfather was one of those. The sickest I ever was was when I had the flu shot and refused to get it for years. Never took one until we lived in SC and my then minister talked us into taking them. I didn't want to take these shots because I wanted to see how it effects everyone first and decide later because I don't want to be a statistic. I'm just praying it is as safe as my doctor and family thinks it is because the 2nd one is the one that can be a problem.

I am finding myself doing IE/IF again and probably want count calories a whole lot because I'm just not hungry. I fasted yesterday and had 2 meals and looks like I'm doing the same thing today. I'm not sure what is causing me to do this but I just pray it lasts. I'm back to 16:8 ratio of IF. I wasn't hungry last night but ate any way because I didn't want to get shaky going to the beauty shop. So it is possible that this could turn into a One meal day if I am not hungry tonight. This is where IE comes in along with the IF woe. So we will see how it goes. I think drinking water is helping a lot with this.

I get my 2nd shot on the 17th and doctor said not to make any plans for a couple of days and I need a perm so beautician and I decided to do my perm the Friday before my shot so I skip the Friday after if I need to. We are going to change my hair do from the shag I wear now back to the old Page Boy I wore when I was younger. I don't want much length but it should be fairly easy. I also am going to start having color put on it again and I want to go blonde with highlights. So we have a plan for that too. I told her every spring I want something new and end up by summer or fall going back to the shag, but hopefully since the page boy is an old one, I will stick with it. Looking forward to an new old look. LOL

Up early so weight is iffy. It was back up to 185.4 so not bad. FBG 97. So all is good.

Fatmad I hope you are feeling better today.

Pipsicle I hope your week is going well for you.

Have a blessed day everybody.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #395  

Trish, I am also not trying to talk anyone out of the vaccine or criticizing anyone who takes it. I realize the risk I'm taking but I'm just not ready.

I don't think I've been this out of control with my eating for a while. I feel like I did back when I was gaining. I don't know what has changed but I don't think it will continue. I think I will reign it in. I always do. The worst part is I'm not even enjoying it. Its like I'm eating out of boredom. You are doing so well it is encouraging me to do better.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:52 PM   #396  

Carol Sue My DS is going through what you are right now. She told me this morning that she has gained 20 lbs and she would go back to get the shots but they got to where they didn't help that is why she quit them. I told her pretty much what I say to you that she will get back to it. I hear many people saying the same thing about being bored. Even at the beauty shop they were talking about it. DS told me our beautician told her she is going through the same thing.

I had a wonderful surprise today. Doorbell rang and we wondered who in the world it could be because it isn't time for pest control and no orders due from Amazon. LOL It was my sweet nephew who lived in CA. Come to find out he has moved back and was visiting a his cousin on his Mother's side of the family. He said he had come by at Christmas and we weren't home so decided he wanted to come see us. He has moved back to TX and his Mother is coming back by summer. I have to tell you that made my day. I told DH that I am going to have to change his rule of don't come by unless you call first because I need to be able to see my kids. I took care of all these kids when their parents were working and I want them to feel welcome to come by.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #397  

Trish, I'm sorry to hear that your sister has gained 20 lbs.That is alarming after how hard she worked to lose all that weight and was so successful. I hope she can get back on track. If I count back to when DH was in the hospital and I was down to 180 I am up a total of 15 lbs. But that was 2018 and it was from stress. I gained that 10 lbs back very fast after DH recovered. This 5 lbs was just in the past month or so. I believe its true what they say that only 5% of people who lose weight are able to maintain it. Our bodies just don't want to let go. I also heard that you have to stay at a new weight for a year to get a new set point and maintain the loss and stay with the same eating pattern that you used to lose weight. That's why its a lifestyle change, not a diet. I can recite word for word what I should do but that ends when the food is in front of me.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:56 PM   #398  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Trish, I'm sorry to hear that your sister has gained 20 lbs.That is alarming after how hard she worked to lose all that weight and was so successful. I hope she can get back on track. If I count back to when DH was in the hospital and I was down to 180 I am up a total of 15 lbs. But that was 2018 and it was from stress. I gained that 10 lbs back very fast after DH recovered. This 5 lbs was just in the past month or so. I believe its true what they say that only 5% of people who lose weight are able to maintain it. Our bodies just don't want to let go. I also heard that you have to stay at a new weight for a year to get a new set point and maintain the loss and stay with the same eating pattern that you used to lose weight. That's why its a lifestyle change, not a diet. I can recite word for word what I should do but that ends when the food is in front of me.
I hate to admit it but I know that is very true.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:29 AM   #399  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone. I fasted yesterday and am down a pound, but still at 163. I got up to 164 eating strict Keto, with nice purple squares on the pee sticks, but I was gaining like crazy. Feel a bit better down a pound. Also my am blood sugar was 5.1 which is the lowest in ages. I know my meter measures a bit high compared to the lab, so I am happy with 5.1, it means I am in the 4's and thats where I want to be. I don't check it often, but last week was all highs, I was doing FBS along with the keto. Dr Fung would say I was getting rid of the stored sugar, so I may keep doing the FBS and see if I am down steadily. I will keep eating keto between the fasts. I have a neighbour who just bought the books and wants a fasting buddy, and we may be walking buddies. She is a lovely person, already a friend, so that will be nice. she is much younger and no diabetes, so I think she will lose the weight easily. (is it ever easy? I mean in comparison to me, who even with fasting is not losing much, and now I have gained so very much)

Trish: the 2nd vaccine is the tough one. It is not that the reaction is abnormal, but it is really waking up your immune system, and most people feel a bit sick for a day or two. Have some tylenol and advil on hand and don't plan any outings for a bit. It doesn't take everyone this way, but many of my friends have been down for a couple of days. I hope to get one in March, but roll out is still slow here.

Have a good day friends
Old 02-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #400  

I'm still at 195 but today's the day I get back on track. Say "No thank you" when DH offers me food that he's eating. He's back to his old tricks and I'm falling for it. HE IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. So I have to. Yesterday morning he made eggs for me without asking. I asked him why and he said. "I knew if I put them in front of you, you would eat them." Bingo! But I don't want him wasting food by cooking what I don't want. So I have to pay attention when he goes in the kitchen to make sure he's not cooking for me. And just say No! I have to show him I'm not going to let him do that any longer. And its not just him. I've bought some snacks that he doesn't eat, so I have to watch that too when I'm in the store. I have a plan and it starts today. No "maybe" or "I'll try.". TODAY! I know I feel better when I feel a bit hungry and I know I lose when I feel a bit hungry.

When I let Rusty out this morning I noticed the temperature was warmer. The birds were singing. Its a new dawn and I'm psyched for it.

Trish, I think because you are losing slower you will hold your loss better. And like you said, you are not on a diet. You have really changed the way you eat and you are not giving your body more fuel than its using. There is no reason to change this once you reach your goal. Its the way you eat for the rest of your life. I like that! And that's another thing. Your goal. I think its hard to say what your final goal will be. What was good at 30 might not be good now. I think you should enjoy every milestone you reach and you will know when you're where you want to be.

I prayed for God's help, and for your sister, too, that she can get back on track. She was worried that she was going to lose you if you didn't get the vaccine, but you don't want to lose her if she regains her weight and puts her health at risk. Maybe she should go back to the shots. Maybe they were still working but she got careless with her eating. Maybe WW would help her. I think it all comes down to what we put in our mouth. We have years of bad habits to correct.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:38 PM   #401  

Mad, I am really surprised that you would have such a bump up doing Keto, especially in between fasting. I don't get it, but who knows what our bodies are up to. Keep on keepin on.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #402  

Carol Sue and Fatmad I thought I would share this with y'all. Get Healthy With Counting Calories ~ Intuitive Eating ~ CICO I thought both of you would like this FB page because I thought of y'all when I was looking at it this morning. It seems to have a lot of low carb ideas foods and recipes even GF. You can check it out and decide.

Fatmad Thanks for the info about the second shot. DH and my immune systems are pretty good so I am hoping the 2nd shot will just make it better. The only thing I've had besides injection spot tenderness is that I noticed I had redness in my left eye which is supposedly just a blood vessel that broke. I'm not sure it has anything to do with the shot because I've had that one time in SC. So I'm figuring it is just a coincidence.

It will be nice that you will have a buddy doing what you are. My baby sister eats like I do and I look forward to her moving back home in April.

Carol Sue I'm so sorry your DH is doing that. Could you explain to him that you are only eating when "you" are hungry Intuitively or would he still do what he wants to do? You know I think my Mama felt like Daddy wanted to even control what she ate because she told him one time that he couldn't control her brain. Is your Hubby a controller? Not saying he is bad, it is just some peoples characteristic that is good in the right circumstances but sometimes they have a problem realizing they are doing it at the wrong time. My Daddy was a controller and I have had to really learn to not be a controller because I'm so much like him. I've tried to make that attitude work for me with my eating and leave others to live their own life.

DS is in a funky mood right now and doesn't really want to do anything. I hope she will be able to pull out of what she is feeling right now and get back on a plan. I'm sure she will but I just hope she does it soon.

I had a nice phone visit this morning with DS DD this morning. She is the one that became like my own 36 yrs ago when she was born 9 days after my miscarriage. DS worked and I took care of her until she went to day care.

Weight this morning was 184.4. I seem to be in a losing mode right now and I am so afraid to change anything I'm doing because I know it may not last. I just want to take advantage of it while it is happening. FBG was 116 this morning. It is higher when I eat some foods and I had PB on whole wheat crackers for my snack last night. Yesterday was another 2MAD. Today will be too.

Have a great day friends.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:01 PM   #403  

Trish, my DH tends to be a controller to a point. He was really bad with DW#1. She was right out of high school when they married. And was not allowed to get her hair cut, get her ears pierced, or get her drivers licence. No job. She had the kids right away and her job was to stay home with the kids. I heard all this from her friend. She finally got fed up after 10 years and left. When we first met I was flattered by all the attention and how much he cared about me. He was not as bad with me as with #1 because I was older, living on my own for a while and very independent.

With the food, his mother was like that. She was always giving everybody food even if you said you didn't want any. She would just make a plate and put it in front of you. Maybe that's just the way they were in his family. He just started this in the past few years. He didn't cook much before. He always cooks extra. If I have company I put stuff out and say that its there. Not another word. If they want it they will take it. Self serve.

I think I did ok with food today. I am hungry right now but don't plan on eating anything. Fingers crossed for the scale tomorrow.

​​​​​
Old 02-28-2021, 06:11 AM   #404  

I did eat last night. I cooked some vegetables; carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. I don't consider that a bad thing for night eating, but I didn't sleep well. I don't know if it was because I ate or not. But I got a 2lb whoosh on the scale this morning to finish up Feb. 193.6. I expect March to be good with my recent attitude change. This is what I know can happen when I eat right and eat to my hunger. I was hungry when I first got up but the coffee took care of that.

Yesterday I was reading old posts on the forum. 2010 and before. When I joined this was the place to be. There were so many posts every day I didn't have time to read them all. So many long time members. The maintainers section was so informative. Those people had lost a lot of weight and maintained well. There were so many good pointers on how to maintain. There were regainers, too, telling how and why they regained and what they were doing about it. I'm going to continue reading from time to time. Its better than the best diet book because its real people who have lived it. I wonder where all those people are now. Did they leave because they fell off plan, did they go on to continue maintaining? I would like to have a 3FC reunion, have them all come back and do updates.

Old 02-28-2021, 10:04 AM   #405  

I just read an article online about the lack of vaccine in our county. So I am not imagining it. The county commissioners have complained to the Dept of Health about it so we will see if they start to send us more. When they show the case count for surrounding counties we always have the highest, but the lowest deaths. In a way I'm glad for the delay because that gives me more time to think about it and for the J&J vaccine to become available.
Closed Thread