Old 02-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Congratulations on the the 1 lb loss. I know you can do this. I think our body changes and we have to make little changes to get things going again.

I am in new territory this morning and working to keep it going. I am down to 185.6 this morning. I am so thrilled with that. I agree with you though Carol Sue the potty issues isn't the way to do it and absolutely no fun either. And no I won't stay with the CAD woe if it doesn't work. However, I am using it on MFP to keep things in check.

You know I agree with some of the newbies on there that eat some foods that either wasn't available or they thought was off limits because of the carbs. Now some of those veggies like carrots are allowed because they've learned from the GL/GI information that they taste sweet but they don't raise bs so they are allowed on some low carb plans. Same with berries. Thinking along the lines of what Dr. Ergin says it is the veggies/foods that are dense with very little water that you have to be careful with. I really don't know why Drs. Hellers don't come out with an updated book so that people could do better with the plan. There is so much criticism on there that I probably won't stay very long. I did find some calorie counter support groups on FB and will check them out. Even one that uses MFP.

As for now I am still doing CAD on my own with MFP and found that I really had to stretch to get to 1022 calories for today. LOL Than is a change for me. I'm trying to use my Reward Meal where I use carby foods for healthy ones so I can get away from the Fiber One bars before they become a craving. I usually end main meal with 2 of them for dessert but will replace them with berries in Greek yogurt with light cool whip on top. I tracked 1022 calories to round out MFP and I do have a tuna salad made so I can have a few bites of that later tonight if I need it but I don't want to eat if I don't have to.

Oh Carol Sue Remember how people fussed on IE group if we were watching calories? Well there is a group that I joined (waiting for acceptance) that is named Calorie Counters with Intuitive Eating. Depending on what they do, that just may be where I land since that is basically the way I like to eat.

Well, I've got most of my exercise done for today except for my 45 minutes of housework so I need to get to it. I washed clothes last night that I need to fold. Sweep and mop floor and dust furniture. Now that our mayor has decided we can use water again, I can wash towels and sheets etc tonight. Can you believe he told people not to drip water to keep their pipes from freezing up and bursting. Who are these people?

Y'all have a great day everybody.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Trish, funny, but we have never not been able to use our water. Sometimes nearby communities have had to boil but never us. We've been lucky! I'm glad you can use yours now. I did some laundry this morning and some exercise between loads.

​​​Congratulations on reaching 185!! I am so proud of you. Can you tell it in your face? That's where my loss shows first.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #378  

Carol Sue Thanks for your encouragement. I think you can tell I've lost it in my fact but it is hard for me to realize that I've lost this much. I need to have DH take a picture of me because I need to own this so I can keep it. I think it is difficult when you still see yourself as fat. I don't know what I have to get down to to no longer be obese but I look forward to that day. I think the last time I weighed this low was in SC but can't remember. The fact that I've been here before and lost it and gained back makes me want to really work harder at getting it back down. My baby sister is moving back here April 1st and she is wonderful at being my cheerleader so maybe she can help me to get my head around it.

I forgot to tell y'all my other good news and that is that my FBG was 98 this morning. What a great surprise.

Carol Sue Do you remember that CAD group we were on on a LC website? One of those girls did CALP along with either WW or counting calories. I think I can do this with CAD/MFP and make it work for me. I do modify it to my specific woe because of eating toward my health problems I've corrected and want to keep it that way.

Good for you for getting your exercise done. DH got up before I got my housework done so I may have to switch and do a few minutes on the bike so I do get it done. I've done the stretches etc but like to do some other along with it at least 3 days a week and T-Th and Sat are the best days for me to do them. I usually get an hr of exercise on each of those 3 days plus my store walking which I didn't get yesterday.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:33 PM   #379  

Yes, I think a picture would let you see your loss. Do that.

I bought 2 new summer tops and I'm looking forward to warmer weather to wear them. It was warmer today and will be even warmer tomorrow but I know winter is not over yet.

The one LC forum doesn't have anyone doing Cad/Calp and the other forum only has one poster left. It is just not a popular Woe anymore. I don't know if the Hellers are even active now. There are always books at Goodwill.

I wanted a salad for dinner tonight but I didn't think DH would want no dinner again tonight so we went to Texas Roadhouse. I ordered a steak salad and it was delicious! I brought half of it home and will eat it tonight. That way he was able to get his steak and steak fries.

Trish, I just found this website. http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com. it looks like it was their original website but it says "last updated 2/24/21". Isn't that tomorrow? LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-23-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #380  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends: I thought I posted this AM but guess I did not. I was down half pound, after eating OMAD keto last night.
I ate 2MAD today, staying Keto, I am spilling ketones still.
I was reading a Dana Carpender Cookbook I ordered a while ago, and the early chapters focus on how to do it.
I think I would like to stay on Keto for a bit, and not fast longer than 16 hours. I hardly consider doing 16:8 2MAD as fasting now.
But staying Keto (as opposed to low carb) will be harder. I am not going to do Keto forever, but right now, getting the weight down again, is my number one goal, and learning what I will do to maintain comes later.

Carol: I am delighted if you can get that pound off for good, and leave it behind. You deserve it.
Trish: you are doing awesome, and are continuing your downward trend.

I am hoping Pipsicle can sometime join us in loss. Finding the right path is not easy
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:45 AM   #381  

Carol Sue I think I saw that CAD website but it didn't have much info just kind of pushing their books. It looks like they have another book but I didn't see where to get it. It seems to be more low carb which they always said they were not a low carb diet. I don't know how long I will do this but it will help me for now. I like the MFP calorie counting group I found. So ma eventually go to that one.

Mad I so wish I could do keto but it just doesn't work for me. Plus I don't think I could eat all the fat that people eat. I would probably try it any way but it doesn't fit my lifestyle because eating what DH likes. If I cook it for him then I want it too.

I stayed within my 8 hr window and I showed 1094 calories on MFP but I had to kind of fudge on the amount of food to even get into the 1000 calorie range.

We got the call today and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to get our 1st vaccine shot. I told DH that we will go to the store afterwards because I need milk and a few other things. Then I want to go get takeout fromTaco Bell for our dinner. Since we decided to get the vaccine, I'm glad to start it and will get the 2nd one March 17th. It makes my sisters and DH DD happy for us to get them.

Headed to bed soon. Goodnight.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #382  

Trish, 2 books by the Hellers are Healthy For Life and The Stress Eating Cure. They are available used by private sellers, the cheapest I saw were on EBay. I was wondering why their website say site updated today. I think they retired from writing diet books.

After telling you that I haven't had potty issues I had them yesterday. Today my weight is up 1.4 lbs to 194.4. I don't know why. I had to take my ring off during the night because my finger was swelling and I was afraid the ring would get stuck. My ring is normally loose and spins around. I think this could be from seasoning at Texas Roadhouse. No more steak salad for me.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #383  

Carol Sue I think you didn't really have a 1.4 lb gain but water from the sodium in the TX Roadhouse seasoning. Water today and just eating your normal plan should take care of that. I have that sometimes too with eating out or takeout if I don't compensate with water drinking.

I think you are right about the Heller's. I have their stress book. That was when Rachel was having problems with cravings again after following their original plan for so many years and she switched some things up and if I'm not mistaken they added some foods that were not on original plan. I think they wrote those books and retired to France if I'm not mistaken. I don't think they practice any where any more. For years that website was run buy someone who had lost weight and worked for them and understood the plan inside out. I think she lives in Germany and I used to talk to her from time to time but lost touch with all of them when they closed down the website. I am wondering if they are going to start it up again.

The problem I have with being part of the FB CAD group is that they don't take into consideration any new science on things and have no patience with those of us who do. Also some people like me have health issues that we are dealing with to correct. I think I'm going to leave it again and just do this on my own using the MFP FB group and the calorie counting group on FB doing my modified form of CAD counting calories along with IF. I'm doing so well that I don't want to get caught up in their drama and lose ground. I'm doing too good to have to deal with all that.

I do like the calorie counting one that accepted my membership yesterday. They seem to do more low carb/keto. They had a comparison to low carb and keto and said that because keto is so high fat more like 65%, it raises peoples cholesterol where low carb... I think 40% fat, does not cause higher cholesterol. One girl wrote and said that she and her sister cannot eat that much fat. I don't think I can either. However, using MFP, I went in and reset my percentages to bet a little more fat, less carbs and made the rest of it protein. I saw where one person said that they started eating higher than 1200 calories a day and lost 10 lbs the first week. I'm sure the difference is the low carb diet. And some do keto to get their weight moving down and then switch to more of a low carb. I can see where that could work.

Weight is still 185.6 today so that is a real loss. The great change I've noticed since I'm doing more of a modified form of CAD is that my FBS was 98 yesterday and it was 94 this morning. I am so thrilled with that.

The big change I've made is that I have a low carb breakfast and supper and then at our main meal at 3ish, I eat whatever I want and my dessert these days is Fit 'n Light Greek yogurt, blueberries & strawberries and top it with Lite Cool whip. That is where I have my dairy. Today we are having tacos. I am into hard boiled eggs for breakfast these days because they are easy to cook while I'm doing something else. Since I've learned portion control, I had 4 L'il Smokies but I will probably have on 2 next time because I didn't really need more. I eat a stalk of celery and a couple of radishes with the 2 eggs. I had planned to eat half the tuna salad that I made yesterday but didn't want that much so I have enough for tonight and tomorrow night.

Another thing I'm learning to do is to not only plan and track ahead of time, but I already have my fruit dessert made and ready so that when we get home from getting our shot and going to the store, I won't be too tired to make it. So planning not to fail will help too.

Fatmad I still have Dana Carpendar's first book she wrote. I was on her website for years and talked to her years ago. I loved her way of doing low carb. I don't think I ever saw or got her cook book. She is good and has been doing this for so long that I'm sure she is a treasure of information.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #384  

Trish, I hope all went well with your shot and you and DH don't have side effects.

I had Dana Carpendar's book, then when I looked for it I couldn't find it. I had donated some of my diet books and that must have been one of them along with Protein Power. I rebought Protein Power at Goodwill and Dana's book on Kindle. I also have her Cookbook. I don't follow those diets but do like to read the books for incentive.

I quit the fasting group I was on on FB because I don't fast seriously like they do. There are people who follow a plan to a tee and don't accept when some make exceptions. I like a group like ours where we can change our woe to suit our needs.

I wore my ring today but it is still a bit tight so I'm going to take it off before bed. I guess the fluid will come off eventually.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:25 AM   #385  

Carol Sue We have done very well with the shot. I can't explain the feeling I had when she gave me the injection except that I'm use to the shots that are given in fat and not muscle. I don't know if it was the way she had to pinch it along with it but it felt strange as soon as the needle went in but I didn't feel anything after that. We've had no problems. The paper work says you usually have a reaction within an hour and we went to the store after and I was fine.

The store was almost bare in some areas but we were able to get everything I wanted to get. I didn't spend as much time looking as I usually would because DH was with me and he gets impatient. This store isn't the one I usually go to so I don't know it very well and it takes me a while to find what I need. In the other store I can go right to what I want.

I did leave the FB CAD group. I decided that I am not following it 100% and I'm not going to so why bother. I don't follow any plan 100% as I have learned to tweak things to what works for me. That FB group that I joined on FB is called Healthy Calorie Counting and it is the one I told you about this morning that compared keto/low carb diets. I took the ratio of protein, carb and fat for low carb diet and am using that ratio on MFP. I went over my 1000 calories to approximately 1300 calories today. I'm curious to see if I lose more with eating a little more. Of course, I think the exercise is the key as I do that. So technically, I am back on low carb diet.

Today has been another good day and I've stayed within my 8 hr eating window. Drinking my water as well. So I would give myself an A+. I think I am eating pretty much the way I want to eat.

Goodnight.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:07 AM   #386  

Trish, you really have this weight loss down pat. Good for you! Here's what I don't understand about Facebook groups. How do you know if you want to join a group if its a closed group and you can't see what its like? Sometimes I would just like to read and see what others have to say. It gives me pointers. But I don't want to get into a lot of groups and then not like them. I guess this is why I like forums but forums aren't real active anymore.

I forgot to weigh again today. My fingers still feel tight so I think I'm still retaining fluid.

I hope you continue to feel good with the shot. Which one did you get? I haven't had a shot in years. I forget what its like. I remember getting one in my butt and it HURT! LOL
Old 02-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #387  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all, weight is up a bit, I think from retaining fluid from the meds from my surgery,
A little cyst off a finger, but I am taking pain meds, its worse than I expect.
I am not worried about the weight but I am not spilling ketones today and fasting sugar was hi, again I thinks its response to surgery. Even a minor thing like this has systemic effects.

Have a good day
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #388  

Mad, I agree that even a minor surgery can raise blood sugar and weight. Hope the pain meds help. My weight stayed at 194.4 today, sadly.

Trish, I'm wondering what you'll be doing for your fiber if you switch to low-carb. I think the fiber is a big part of your success, in fact, I'm trying to increase mine, but other than vegetables I'm not sure how to do it. I had spaghetti squash for lunch. I think that has fiber. I've had that squash for a while because I'm the only one who eats it. Surprised? LOL. Whenever I see a really small one I buy it. Sometimes I put pesto on it, sometimes just salt and butter.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:27 PM   #389  

Fatmad I didn't realize you had surgery and I'm sure the stress and the meds from it can affect a lot of things. Hope the pain will be gone soon.

Carol Sue I join the groups to see if they fit my lifestyle and what I'm looking for then if it doesn't fit, I just leave it. This way I get good info that fits me. As for the fiber. I'm kind of watching the fiber but I'm not going low low carb. I do try to balance it with eating a little more protein than carbs and since the fat is higher any way, I don't have to worry about it. I had Bullet coffee this morning with just a squirt of EVOO in it. The other day you mentioned that you had potty issues when DH cooked your eggs in butter but not when they are cooked in cooking spray. I am hoping that as I balance the fat, protein and carbs using higher fiber foods where i can that I won't have a problem. Also the Healthy calorie counting group that does low carb and keto has cleansing recipe at the top which is a combo of water, ACV, Lemon, cinnamon and honey. I decided that if I really need help that I will use it when I know I'm going to be home all day. You are supposed to take it in the morning.

Doing fine with the shot so far. I went to bed early and slept through except for getting up to go pee. Weight this morning was 185 and FBG was 98. I hope I can keep this going with the FBG as it would really be great to go back and have an A1c of 5 or less. I don't know what the safe and normal A1c is but I would love to be there.

I am losing water weight right now with switching to the low carb balance. So the shot isn't affecting me other than just being sleepy last night, but I do that any way so can't blame the shot. I do have some tenderness when I touch or hit the injection spot which I've heard most people feel. The only reason I know that is I felt it when I dried that spot with the towel getting out of the shower this morning. Once last night and once today I have felt a little bit of fast heartbeat so I will take it easy with the caffeine a few days. Otherwise everything else is fine and nothing severe.

Carol Sue The shot we get at our doctor's office is the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. We got the shot and then had to sit with a timer for approximately 15 minutes to see if we had any major reaction which we didn't expect to have and will have to do that again after the second one. That is the one a lot of people have problems with. However, I don't think we will have either. We don't go any where much any way and will plan to do like they say and just stay home for the next few days afterwards. We have a card that tells us on the back when to come back for the 2nd shot and DS said we will be told to carry that card at all times to prove/show that we have had the vaccine. From the way our doctor talked if enough people get the shots is the only way we may be able to get back to normal and not have to wear the masks. ?????

The info they gave us to read has the names of the ingredients in it and I want to look those things up just to see what they are. Some of them which are vitamins or minerals I already familiar with or have seen as well as some I haven't seen or heard of. The 2 shots are given 3 weeks apart. I feel comfortable with taking it. I guess it was worth hearing the relief in DS voice once she knew I got it. I'm the oldest and I know baby sister has said she doesn't want to lose DS and me. DS is 8 yrs older and I am 11 yrs older than her. I think DS feels the same way.

I thought it was crazy to take the vaccine since they don't know if it works but then I realized I took the Shingle shot and they didn't know if it works or not but it was worth it to me since I never want it again. I need to talk to my doctor about the newer shingles shot to see if I should get it. My doctor is a Medicare doctor and deals with a lot of us senior and I saw fear in his eyes and voice as he told us about a male patient he had who had such a bad case of covid and then his lifestyle went down so that he couldn't walk across a room as a result. I could see that he was genuinely afraid for DH and me if we didn't take the shot. So I appreciate him caring that much about us. He knows we work at being health and overcoming our health problems we've had. DS says if she couldn't go to her doctor she would go to mine because he saved her daughter's life because he took a mole off her back that he didn't think was cancer but because of it in our family he sent her to get it checked out and it was questionable. So we trust him. I would say do what you feel comfortable doing about it.

So far I have not had anything to eat. This will be a 2MAD. I had to fudge on MFP to get over 1000 calories. Maybe I will eat them and maybe I won't. I am also doing this Intuitively.

Sorry this is so long. I really need to stop writing so much.

Have good day everybody.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:33 PM   #390  

Trish, you are going to disappear! LOL.

I looked up normal non diabetic A1c. It said 5.8 or below and it used to be 6 or below. They have lowered it.

I may eventually get the shot but they are hard to find around here. I see my doctor in April and I know he will want me to get it. I'm so glad you didn't get side effects.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-25-2021 at 06:43 PM.