Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 07:52 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Trish, before the pandemic, I used to splurge after I got my blood work done. I would eat very healthy up to the day then go crazy after it was over. I've only been to the doctor once last year and I go again in the spring.

Up .4 today. Sigh. Last night I could not fall asleep until 2 am. I think DH had the house too hot. The furnace kept running and running. When I got up to go to the bathroom I took off the shirt I wear under my nightgown.

We got 1/2 inch of snow overnight. Tonight a noreaster is coming They said we will get a bit more but the eastern part of PA will get up to a foot. I'm glad that is bypassing us!

Trish, I'm wondering how your sister is doing. I'm hoping she's feeling better.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-31-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #272  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs

S/C/G: 0/-24/-70

Angry Confirmed loss in danger!

So I am down two pounds from last week but still weigh one pound higher than my side bar. Wanted to try really hard this month which sent me into a quiet self-sabotage mode. I'll be lucky if I show a maintain for the month. I am back to doing my baby steps that previously led me to some small success.

I saw the discussion on two masks versus one mask and have a little insight into that. I worked for a company that had a clean area. It wasn't a true clean room but it needed to be very, very clean. It was routinely cleaned with daily protocols and deep cleaning weekly protocols. The cleaning staff wore gowns, booties, hair nets, hoods, googles, gloves and masks. The company had an issue where there was concern about how clean the area was. They changed the cleaning protocols. Among other things, one change was for the cleaning staff to wear two masks. As a result, several staff members either fainted or nearly fainted because of the restriction to breathing. Needless to say the protocols were immediately changed to remove the second mask requirement.

I think two masks would cause other issues though. A lot of the airflow in and out of the mask is from the sides. If the front is further restricted with a second mask, it will increase the amount of airflow from around the sides of the masks. This will reduce the effectiveness of masks. Ultimately, some basic studies should be done before willy-nilly saying 2 masks are better than one. My thoughts on the next step up would be to add face shields before a second mask.

Winter thread results summary: |---|

Last edited by Pipsicle; 01-31-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:38 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, I did get a weight loss but not what it should have been but I will count January as a learning and adjustment month. I did lose 1.8 lbs this month. I was down to 189 and weighed 190.8 on January the 1st. However on this date a year ago I was 208.6. FBS was 102 this morning and was 114 last year and BP 117/61 which is about where it always runs now instead of extreme lows. Although the weight isn't quite as much as I would have liked to of seen, I do see healthy improvements so that is good. Needless to say I am going to continue doing the SFPP plan combined with counting calories on MFP

We go for our bloodwork tomorrow and we see our doctor the following Monday. I sure hope I can keep my weight below 190 although it will just be under 200 on their scales.

Carol Sue I haven't talked to DS today but I did talk to her yesterday and she sounded good and said that she felt better. I heard some more things today about the vaccine and I am not sure I will get it. It depends on who made it. One of them causes a lot of bad side effects like alzheimers, along with a multiple # of diseases such as Lou Garrets disease. That one is made by Madera or something like that. The man who worked in some form of medical field who died 4 days after the 2nd shot was made by a company that starts with F or Ph (f sound) So I'm going to wait for better results and less deaths and side effects. I am just praying for DS because I know she will get the 2nd shot and it is the one they guy died after taking it. I still haven't told her. We trust her doctor and I don't think he would give it if he knew how dangerous it is. I can only hope he will change his mind about it and won't give it to her.

Hope to hear from Fatmad and Pipsicle today.

Have a great day.

Old 01-31-2021, 03:47 PM   #274  

Pipsicle We seem to post at the same time. I hope to get back to what my side bar says this week or next myself. Congrats on losing th 2 lbs.

Thanks for sharing the info on the masks. I have a difficult time breathing wearing one. I haven't always had that problem with it but have the past few times. If I had to wear 2 or 3, I wouldn't be able to breathe at all. DH is a retired Respiratory Therapist and he has always said wearing a mask all the time is not good for healthy people. When we had to wear them in the hospital when they didn't know what Daddy's infections were, the nurse told us that it was to keep us from making my Daddy sicker. I surprised to learn it wasn't to protect us from him. That is what I was told when I had to wear throw away cap, gown, mask gloves etc when I went in to see my daughter when she was in ICU after being burned. It was to protect her from anything I would bring in from outside to her.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:20 PM   #275  

Trish, I think any precautions they enforce in hospitals are to protect the patient rather than the visitor. The 2 vaccines are by Maderma and Phiser. I don't know if I spelled them right. They each have their own side effects. Your sister might have already heard about people who died after receiving the vaccine. Everyone has to make their own decision. I am afraid of the new variant so which is worse , to get the virus or the vaccine. I think it will be a while before the vaccine is available to me. The Johnson &Johnson vaccine will be out soon. It is 65% effective but after 28 days it becomes more effective and even more after 48 days. It is only 1 shot. I don't have to worry about it until they are available in my area. I am going to die eventually from something. It could be the virus, the vaccine or something else. Someday they might develop a vaccine that allows us to live forever. How crowded it will get!

I don't think I will ever wear 2 masks. I agree that its hard enough to breathe with one and half the people don't wear them over their nose.

I ate my last meal at 3:15, so 6 hour window. I hope I don't cave and eat again. I too want to get back down to my sidebar.

Goodbye January.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:31 PM   #276  

Carol Sue I agree with you about we are all going to die someday. There is no way I could ever wear 2 or more masks. The Johnson & Johnson shot sounds better to me and maybe it is just because we grew up on Johnson & Johnson products that I trust them better than the other 2. I feel more comfortable waiting until they come out with theirs. I like taking one shot that gets more effective as time passes. I don't get sick that easy any way so trust my immune system will protect me. I've never been one to panic with these things and didn't take a vaccine of any kind until a few years ago and never had the flu not taking it. The only time I ever had the flu was when I took the vaccine and I was so sick I thought I was going to die. So I never took it again for years until they came up with better ones. I may do the same with this too.

I ate more today but still stayed under the 1500 calories. So I still consider that as being on plan since 1500 is my highest limit OP. So all is good.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:43 AM   #277  

February 1.

The scale is down .2. I know its just a fluctuation but its down, so I'll take it. 192.4.

I didn't sleep well for 2 nights. 4+ hours last night only a score of 63. No deep sleep at all, very bad heart rate. The night before was similar with 5+ hours. I've been taking a nap each day for an hour or so, just falling asleep in my recliner. DH has been watching things I don't like and he keeps changing true channels, but then I don't like much much tv except my soaps and the news.

I haven't been outside for a few days. I need some thngs from Wal-Mart but it depends on if they clear the roads. They say there's 4 inches of snow with more coming. They said in a week or so out temps will be below zero. Yikes!!
Old 02-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #278  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI all: as you know when I step away I am struggling. I overate on the weekend, getting so discouraged. So today starting all over again at 160

I am being good about my exercises for physio etc. Doing some weights as well, but have to be careful, one wrist is sore and I sure do not need tendonitis there are well. DH says to reduce the weight on that arm for a couple of the lifts. Its only 8 pounds now, will go down to 5. I tried some of the K-Tape on it and it helped the pain, but I took it off after 24 hrs because of itching. Now there is a mild rash there two days later. The K-Tape the physiotherapist puts on my knee does not cause itching, so I assume I bought one that maybe has latex in the adhesive, although its not labelled that way. grr.

DD comes tonight for supper and to do her laundry. I got mine done yesterday so she has the laundry room to herself.
We had a quiet weekend, Saturday tea with our friends was held outside in the gazebo again. It is quite cold but the sun comes out. I can do short walks now, but not with the dog.

I feel I am struggling with a bit of depression, so am making the effort to get some sun. Its been hard to fast.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:09 PM   #279  

Mad, misery loves company, and I've been overeating too, if there's any comfort in that. We just need to keep trying!
Old 02-02-2021, 01:01 AM   #280  

Well I guess I'm in good company dear friends as I was a Bad Girl today. I couldn't get enough to eat. So hopefully I will get it together again tomorrow. I am quiet sure that I ruined my .2 loss down to 188.8 that I had this morning. This won't mess me up for the week if I can be good the rest of the week. I didn't drink enough water either.

I went for my lab draw at 9:30 this morning and then came home and put my stew in the crockpot and then I got a text from Walmart that DH meds was ready so we went to Walmart after he got his lab draw at 1:30 pm. We left there and got Taco Bell tacos and brought those home to eat. I'm not sure why I was so hungry after except that I got up earlier than usual and didn't eat anything but a Fiber One bar. I may have to quit doing that all the time and eat something like eggs etc. We will have the stew for dinner tomorrow. In fact, t made so much that I have plenty for 2 meals.

Edited to say that I tracked on MFP and with the exercise I did MFP said my calories they allowed was 1777 and I ate 1608 calories for the day. So I only went 108 calories over my high limit of 1500. So I should be okay.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 02-02-2021 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:39 AM   #281  

Trish, MFP only allows me 1200 calories. I used to lose on 1500 but not any more.

I slept great last night. Score 89. I've never had a 90. I'm going to wait until 10 to weigh and see if that's better. I'm not sure, but I think this scale will not change my weight if I get weighed more than once a day. It registers my weight on the app and that's my weight for that day no matter how many times I get on it. I can go into the app and delete the first weight manually if I think the second weight will be better, but if its higher, too bad. I've known people who get on the scale several times a day.

I'm mad at myself because I allowed DH to make me eat lunch yesterday. I ate scrambled eggs before we went to Wal-Mart. He didn't eat anything. When we were coming home he said he was hungry and was going to stop for something. He loves the big basket of fries at McDonalds even though he won't eat them all. It came with 2 chicken sandwiches. I said I didn't want anything but he said he wasn't getting it just for him so I agreed to eat one of the sandwiches. I did it for him, so he could have the big basket of fries. Why is he like that??? Why do i have to eat if he's hungry? He wouldnt eat if i was hungry. Once the food is out in front of me I eat it, hungry or not. So I was not hungry at dinnertime but ate anyway. We have fallen off track and I have to fix us. I have to refuse to eat if not hungry.

For dinner I had a big chicken breast. I cut it in half across to make it thinner then into 4ths. And I grilled it on the grill pan. It was very tasty. Just salt, pepper and garlic salt on it. I only ate 1 small piece though and there are 3 pieces leftover. If I don't eat them Rusty can have them. We had mashed potatoes, broccoli and lima beans with it.

DH will not eat home made stew but he will eat Dinty Moore. He says the meat is fatty. I guess someone else made it for him with fatty meat, but I cut the fat off before I cook it. He also prefers canned chili over home made. I didn't grow up eating canned food. My mother cooked from scratch so that's what I prefer. Canned has lots of sodium and preservatives. His mother cooked a meal every night but I think she gave them canned food when their Dad was away on business.

So I finished my eating window at 5 pm. 8 hours. He tried to get me to eat toast at 8 oclock last night. It was the good french bread but i refused. I will not eat eggs today. Our eggs are lasting much longer with me not eating them every day. I don't know what I will make for dinner, maybe pork chops with rice pilaf.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #282  

Carol Sue I'm so sorry you and DH have relapsed in your resolve to not eat breakfast unless you are really hungry. So weird. Can you do it with a semi-intuitive/mindful woe by eating a small amount of what he orders and ditch the rest? Example, eat a few bites to half of the sandwich and a few fries and throw them out. Then you could just tell him that you weren't hungry for it to start with and that is all you want that you are satisfied. You don't have to say full. For one thing I never liked the phrase eating until full, but preferred eating until I was satisfied... not hungry any more. That makes me feel more in control of my eating instead of a diet or someone else telling me how much I have to eat. That is why SFPP plan works for me. It gives me freedom to choose. I know you have mentioned that he won't eat all of the food if he doesn't want it and perhaps you could remind him of that. Maybe that would work. I pray that some how y'all can figure this out as the stress isn't good for you.

I wonder if I don't eat enough sometimes but I'm not comfortable eating more to find out. You know the doctor always told me 1000 to 1200 calories isn't enough but I was afraid to eat more when trying to lose weight. I was absolutely amazed to see that my weight today was down 1.2 lbs to 187.8. I feel blessed that I lost after binging on animal crackers. I usually can eat 1/2 serving but I couldn't get enough of them this time. I've had to estimate and I figure with the tacos and the binge plus the 5 pts from Sunday that I have probably used about half of my 49 weekly pts. We won't be eating out any more this week since DBIL is working Friday so I can do okay the rest of the week if I'm careful. I do have a habit of figuring my pts high for things that I have to estimate. Of course the calories are accurate regardless.

Today we are having the beef stew that I cooked yesterday. It will be 0 pts because every thing in it is 0 pt foods. I'm not sure how to figure the calories. I've never tried to make a recipe on MFP. May be time to try it. I had the Fiber One cinnamon coffee cake for brunch because eating the way I am right now seems to be working and I'm on a roll of losing right now and I don't want to upset the apple cart. However, I would like to have beans with quinoa in the evening sometimes instead of the cereal and I just might try it sometime. I will have a lot of stew left over so I could make a bowl of it with a small serving of both quinoa and beans in it and still get the fiber I need to keep my bs low as ward off other problem and hopefully lose weight. I will see. I don't need to get in a rut.

Carol Sue My Mama cooked from scratch and DH #2 Mother, Grandmother and Aunt all cooked from scratch as well as my aunt I lived with for years. I learned to cook everything from scratch although I used a lot of tomato sauce or paste and some canned goods. Meat was always from scratch chili, spaghetti etc. Then I married DH#3 and he wants nothing but Hormel Chili which is made with 1 can of chili + 1 can chili w/beans and about a can of tomato juice to make it more soupy. I have no problem so far with beef stew as long as I shred the meat and use only veggies he will eat. I would love to have celery, peppers etc in it but he doesn't.

Hope everybody has a good day today.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #283  

Trish, the problem when DH pushes me to eat is I am a compulsive over eater. Put eggs in front of me and I'm going to eat them for example even if I didn't intend to. I didn't even like that sandwich. I am just not strong enough to go against him on this. He knows how weak I am when it comes to food. I am not one who can take a couple bites and stop. Its very hard to explain this to someone who does not have this problem.

This is why I don't think you should worry that you are not eating enough. If you are eating nutritious food and are not hungry then you ate enough. Normal eaters never think they need to eat more unless they are hungry. I envy you for having the control to stop when you're satisfied. I stop when the food is gone.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:06 AM   #284  

Carol Sue I understand about compulsive over eating because I can be that way with some foods. So it is no foreign to me. In fact, I am having problems with the animal crackers right now. I bought a huge container of them at Sam's and there are days that I can't get enough of them. I actually think I need to get back to eating my eggs or cereal in the morning and I need to work towards not eating at night.

My allergies are driving my crazy the past 2 days. I have no idea what pollen is up right now but I am really feeling it. No fever or any other covid symptoms but more like hay fever which I lived in FL or SC. Of course, I am allergic to cedar and that may be what is going on because my eyes itch. I'm going to take some meds and go to bed.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:23 AM   #285  

I was getting curious about 2019 when DH broke his hip and I lost all that weight. I went back and read our thread Winter 2018/2019. That was such an interesting thread. I was around 180, Mad you were around 150 and Trish was around 217. Look at us now. Mad and I are up10 lbs and Trish is down 30!!! I wanted to see when I regained. At the end of April I was 187 but back to 183 by the end of May. So I will have to read more to see when I gained. Back then I was struggling to keep DH from making me eat. Still going on!!
​​​​​​
Closed Thread