Old 01-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

My hair looks and feels better. My beautician said she knows how to torture me now. LOL We are going to highlight my hair on the 22nd. I decided that it will help keep body in my hair and hopefully help my perm last longer and help with me doing it myself when I need to.

I don't know if I told y'all that someone bought the building that our beauty shop is in and the guys wife wants the part our shop is in. So they have been looking for a new place to move our shop. Turns out they found a larger place a block away. We are across the street from the Target shopping center now but when they move we will be in a little shopping center on the other side of that center. Actually the road is better and easier on my car. So it is a win win.

I find that I am tired of using the recumbent bike everyday so I went on WW app and looked up some other types of exercises with my kettlebells and dumb bells so I am going to switch things up so that I won't get completely bored with the bike as I still want to use it but now everyday. It will probably be good to change things up a bit too.

Fatmad I hope you will be able to get back to some of your walking etc you used to do, but hope the yoga will help in the meantime.

It is cold here and I think of you girls up there where you get all that snow and ice. We might get snow Sunday but doubt it will stick. It would be nice if it would.

I have about an hour and a half till we have to leave to meet DS and BIL so I just might be able to get a short nap to hold me over. I actually think the low carbing yesterday may be the reason I couldn't sleep. My beautician reminded me that happens sometimes till your body gets used to it again.

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Trish, my natural color of my hair is dark brown and I have very little gray. I have been highlighting it since I was in my 20s. Every once in a while I would let it grow out and wear it dark but DH prefers it highlighted and so do I. It was dark when we got married. I think you will like the highlights.

I have decided I have to makes serious effort not to eat more after I eat. Eating increases my appetite then when I eat more I really overeat. A couple times when I didn't eat more I found that I wasn't hungry if I waited a while, like 20-30 minutes. We went out again tonight. DH got fish but I got wings so I could eat a few then bring them home.
​​​​​​
​​​​
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:55 AM   #168  

We decided to go to Texas Roadhouse for steak from now on. I got sirloin just like I did at the locally owned steakhouse and the one I got today was perfect and a great quality. I was at the doctor's office one day waiting to get my bloodwork done and heard some people talking and it turned out they were talking to someone who used to own the local steakhouse and they were telling them that it wasn't as good as it was when they had owned it. So evidently the new owners don't serve the same quality as the original owners did. The thing is that my steak was $2 dollars less and DH was $1 more. I told DH it was worth driving across town to get a decent steak from now own. I ended up using the 4 pts that was rolled over from yesterday plus one of my weeklies because DBIL ordered potato skins and I ate a small one. Besides enjoying our meal, we also enjoyed being able to fellowship with DS and her DH.

I told DH I am going to either take Nyquil or Cherry Tart Extract so I can get a good nights sleep tonight. That protein shake is really helping me not eat at night. I saw a woman who does youtube shows on WW meals and food items for the Blue plan who seems to thing the protein shakes and eating more protein is the key to weight loss. So I am going to be doing just that to see what happens.

It has been a very good day.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #169  

Trish, I agree about the protein and saw how it worked for you.

DH feels that Texas,Roadhouse has the best steaks for the money but we have not tried Outback or Longhorn. I am not a big fan of steak so I can't judge. In these bad times I think some places are trying to cut corners. I hope the noise was not too bad for DH.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:05 AM   #170  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends 158 today after fasting, discouraged to bits. Don't know what my next move it. After a week of alternate day fasting, I feel like I have not lost at all.
My waist was back down below 35 inches though, so an NSV there.
I did not take any magnesium this week and while I had the "clean out" that I get with fasting, it was not explosive or really diarrhea. So thats ok. But I will look for another type (was taking citrate, which I am told makes me more loose than other types) because most people with celiac need to supplement. I get restless legs even with it, don't want that worse.

Trish, I agree, when you go out and are paying a high price for steak, go where it suits you best. I started buying good ones from a butcher nearby, instead of the grocery store, and it makes a big difference. Yes it does cost more, but not a huge amount more. And having a grilled steak means you should enjoy it, no matter what. Also you and your family really like Texas Roadhouse, it seems to me. Steak is one of those meals its easy to manage on weight loss plans. If you do low carb, avoid the potatoes and just enjoy salad. With calorie counting you can manage the portion.
When I make ours at home, I like them thick cut so I can have it medium rare, but DH and I share one. That way we each get about 4 oz, and have room for fixings like onions and mushrooms.

Carol, I am glad your DH has stopped cooking you breakfast when you don't ask for it. Makes things much easier.
Today is an eating day. I am planning a cheese plate today, with olives and pickles on the side. To keep it low carb, also doing some veggies, the chèvre is nice and soft and will spread into a celery stick nicely I think. I will also have slices of cucumber to put a piece of cheese on, instead of a cracker.
And seafood fettuccini and salad for supper, with me using the Konjac noodles.

Have a lovely Saturday, its sunny here, and going above freezing this afternoon!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #171  

Well, the 188.6 was real yesterday which means that I am almost back down to my pre-holiday gain. My lowest was 188.2 according to WW so I'm close. FBG was 100. My woe is similar to CAD woe except that I eat a banana every morning with my breakfast and have berries in my shake at night which isn't acceptable on CAD. I bought frozen spinach yesterday and I added it to my 2 egg omelet this morning instead of eating toast. So almost low carb.

Lunch will be a pork chop cooked in the air fryer as DBIL told us it was really good cooked in it. I will cook plain mashed potatoes with skin on since the skin makes it more diabetic friendly along with my 0 pts salad and vegetables. I will use all but 7 pts today and lose 3 and roll over 4 at the end of the day.

Carol Sue It looks like DH is learning to honor your request to be asked rather than he assume you want something just because he is eating it. That is good and will help you a lot.

We like the food at Texas Roadhouse but they are usually so loud that we can't hear each other and with DH wearing a hearing aid it is really loud for him. But it wasn't so bad this time. We don't eat steak all that often so it will be nice to get out for one. We used to eat at Outback in SC but they got to where their steaks weren't very good which was strange since we had a lot of steakhouse choices In SC. We had Longhorn and O'Charley's steakhouses and if we went out for steaks we went there until TX Roadhouse came there and even then we had to plan to go to TX Roadhouse because they didn't open until 4 pm most days.

Fatmad When DH#2 and I lived between Galveston and Houston, I had a really good butcher at a meat market close to our house who taught me how to choose good steaks and cook them along with some other cuts of meat and I have really missed it. Then when we moved back here when the kids were young, I went to a meat market down by the river and I could go in and pick out the meat I wanted off the hanger, and I've heard they have another place over close to the beauty shop, but I don't buy in bulk any more. I have thought about ordering steaks from Omaha steaks but haven't checked into it. DH DD and her Hubby sent us a deal from there when we lived in SC and they were good. However since we don't go out to eat as much as when Daddy was living, it is nice to go out for a steak and get waited on once in a while. Plus everybody gets their steak cooked the way they want it.

I hope you get your bowel situation straightened out. Now that I'm not eating the grains so much on blue plan, I am going to have to think of something to do myself.

Have a nice day everybody.
Old 01-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #172  

I like to buy thin cut NY Strip steak at Wal-Mart. DH likes his steak well done so I can't buy thick steaks. They are thin and small, 3 in a pkg for $15-$17. I freeze the extra one for another day. I just cook mine a few minutes on each side. Sometimes I cook a steak for him and do tilapia or liver for me since he won't eat them.

We have some gift cards for Outback. One is from 2014 but I checked online and its still good. We will use them in the spring. It is in a town where we rarely go and coming home we will get stuck in rush hour traffic. I don't want to go out there in bad weather.

​​Trish, I am so happy you are back to your low weight. I think the protein did the trick. And I'm also glad you got your hair done the way you want it. Things are going well for you!

Old 01-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #173  

Can't believe I'm the first one here today. I slept late and got up to a blanket of snow on the ground and it is snowing like crazy here. Not sure how much we have gotten but we are getting a lot. Everything looks so beautiful and white. Dish is off so not sure how much more they plan for us to get. I may have to call DS and see. DH will turn it back on when he gets up. He has to unplug it and plug it back in unless the clouds are so heavy we can't receive. I will go online to weather channel or local station to see what is going on if we can't receive a signal. If we can't, this will be a movie day and enjoy the snow.

Weight up a tad but I figure that is water weight not weight so no big deal. Besides that I got up late and always weigh more when I get up that late. It was up .8 lb. Since I didn't use all my pts yesterday, my weeklies are already built back up to 31 which is good since I automatically get 28 and it looks like I'm going to get 4 more rollovers at the end of today because I have my plan for the day and have 9 left I probably won't use.

I was going to make chili today since it is in the low 30s today but DH wants pizza so I'm making pizza. I can make mine for 7 pts but it will have sodium so I'll have to drink a lot of water today which will be hard to do when it is cold weather. I should make me some vegetable soup with chicken broth I bought and eat it instead of a salad today at lunch or at least have it for supper. That does sound good since I'm getting tired of salads.

I hope everyone will have a nice day and stay warm.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:24 PM   #174  

I have not weighed for 3 days. I've been eating a lot, not really tracking everything, but it seemed like a lot. Mostly I was eating all day, not within a window. I finally decided to weigh today and I'm only up .4. I am not complaining but I don't understand.

We have not had any snow since Christmas except a dusting that melted in a few hours. Our temps have been in the mid-high 30s and is going to the 40s next week. Very unusual for PA in January. I'm sure we will get some colder weather before winter is over but I like what were having now. Enjoy your snow while it lasts.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:23 PM   #175  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs

S/C/G: 0/-28/-70

Angry Confirmed loss in danger!

I did really well this week and am one pound lower that last week. Still two pounds above my posted side bar though. All week it was reading lower but then pops up on weigh-in day. FBS was 95 this am. Have things planned out for next week except for next weekend (going out of town).

Winter thread results summary: |

Last edited by Pipsicle; 01-11-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:17 PM   #176  

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap in my recliner. I must have been in a deep sleep because when I woke up I was disoriented and thought it was tomorrow morning and I wondered why DH was talking on the phone so early in the morning. I fell asleep shortly after cleaning up after dinner. We had steak, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. It was all very good.

I hope my nap doesn't interfere with my sleep tonight. We are watching the Steeler game and it won't be over until close to midnight. I never stay up that late but I feel wide awake now. The Steelers are LOSING!

​​​
Old 01-11-2021, 02:18 AM   #177  

Carol Sue I've done that before waking up from a nap. Feels strange. I hope you will be able to sleep.

Pipsicle I do the same thing sometimes. I weigh less until my WI day. Someone on one of my FB WW groups said not to eat anything that has a lot sodium in it like tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce etc the day before your WI day. I don't know if you or I are doing that or not, but I am going to try to watch and be more aware of the foods I'm eating a day or two before WI day.

I used all my points today and I have to say that I am enjoying WW now.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:07 AM   #178  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I was so bummed out yesterday, I was 160 again after eating so carefully. It just felt that after so long of being so hard on myself, fasting every other day, and nothing to show for it. I did get out for a walk and later a doggy play date with Buddy, but still spent the day on the verge of tears and feeling pretty fragile. I had an omelet for supper for OMAD, and this am I am 158. I will fast again today and see where I get. If I could do it, I would fast for a month and get down to where I want to be. UGH

Trish, may you enjoy the snow. Don't know if you have a few activities you like to do when its snowing. I just really love winter, and having my knee play up is driving me crazy, because I would love to ski some more.
Carol: glad you have not gained too much in spite of being off plan for a bit. Hope you can find a way that works for you to get the weight down, but not feel deprived.
Pipsicle is doing ok, I hope things get back to normal for you. With the holidays over, I hope we can all do ok.

have a good day friends.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #179  

Mad, I felt that I did great yesterday but am up .2. I can understand how frustrated you are. Our bodies do not want to let go of the fat its holding. Somehow it is harder if we are trying to lose regained pounds. But it can be done.

I slept pretty good even after the 2 hour nap.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #180  

My day gets away from me lately but I think it is because I sleep later these days. I told DS today that I used to be the one who was up everyday by 7:30 am and being one of the first few people at the grocery store. My life has really changed since I moved here and especially since Daddy passed away. I stay up late and get up late because there isn't anything to really do.

I understand how y'all are feeling with the way our weight does. I think we have all gotten down to those lbs we have carried for so long and it may take longer to get rid of them.

Fatmad I'm surprised that the snow isn't melting away as quickly as usual. So we are enjoying it. DH said kids in the neighborhood were having a ball in it. He fell and hurt his knee last night when he took the trash out. He knew better than to wear the shoes he wore. Thank God it is just scraped. We don't get snow much so everything shuts down here when we get it. So we just enjoy the beauty of everything looking so clean.

You have always been good at fasting and you probably will again, but be careful not to over do it. You want to be a healthy thin person. However, having said that, I think you will know when you need to eat so you don't get sick. I still think you are adjusting to your new lifestyle. You will get there.

Carol Sue I'm glad you were able to get a good nights sleep. I am sleeping a lot lately but I still sleep good at night. In fact, I could have slept longer this morning but my phone rang and woke me up. I need to get a hobby.

I think I am learning from doing WW that my body is adjusting to the fact that some days I can eat some of my pts and some days all of them but I am not eating the same amount everyday. Sometime my weight may bobble a little, but it doesn't mean I have gained. I just don't believe people weigh the same everyday. I think that may be what you are doing. We aren't used to eating as much as we can eat. We have talked before about how normal eaters do not eat the same amount of food all the time. As our dieting becomes more normal then the weight will begin to come off again.

My weight was 188.8 this morning which means it is only up .4 because of the sodium in my pizza yesterday. I call that a good day because I didn't get the old 2 to 3 lb bump I used to get from eating pizza. FBG was good to although I can't remember what it was... still under 120 so that is always good.

I'm back on purple plan because I'm not using all the pts on blue most days and I never used all of them on purple either. Most of the recipes have about the same pts except when I can use 0 pts foods to make them. Plan today is Gorton's breaded fillet which is only 3 pts for 1 slice and loads of veggies. Planning ahead of time is really helpful to keep me OP and I will have 7 of my daily pts leftover and lose 3 pts plus I have 31 weekly pts built up and I will have 4 to add to those at the end of the day. I really like the purple plan better.

We decided to keep the older oven I was thinking about giving away. The air-fryer oven is too small to cook 2 pizzas so I now have to figure out where to put it. The old oven is also a convection oven and now that I've learned how to use this one, I will be able to use it too.

Have nice day everybody.