Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #391  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Angry Confirmed loss in danger!

Carol: Hope your husband doesn't have a kidney stone! I did come across a product on Amazon that claimed to dissolve kidney stones but don't remember anything else besides that.
Trish: Hoping your sister gets well quickly! Earlier this summer, I read that most people show symptoms of COVID by 5 days and nearly all by 11 days.
Mad: Good luck with you longer fasting; may they go well!

So I definitely try to even out the daily ups and downs of the scale by holding off on saying its a loss until I've seen it for two weeks. Unfortunately, it isn't always enough. The scale showed me a 'new low weight' on Thursday. Today it was four pounds higher than that. It is 1.5 lb higher than my 'official' weight. BS and BP are still higher than I'd like to see them. Just need to keep slogging along.

It has been highs mostly in the forties (F) here. It was a little warmer one day and got into the fifties so I took a bike ride. My niece is going to stay with us for a few days. I need to get our spare room cleaned out and it will be a lot of work.

I went ice skating the last two days. I usually like a day of rest in between but I am really worried about the rinks closing again. I did a total of 48 laps which is a lot for me!

Fall thread results summary: | | |
Old 11-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I haven't talked to DS since Friday but she sounded really good and said she only had the lingering cough that seems to hang around after the worse passes. We don't usually call each other on the weekend, But she did write me yesterday and said BIL got the results of his test and he tested negative. I still have no signs of it. DH and I upped out Vitamin C and take zinc and Vitamin D which we heard an alternative doctor say would protect us and I believe that with prayer has really worked for us. Although we don't always eat really healthy foods we have strong immune systems.

My weight is still 190.2 and my FBG was 97 this morning. I didn't switch to the Blue plan. I like it but I am really glad that I did. The pts are basically the same except for the 300 foods that are 0 pts. Those 0 pts foods are healthier foods and that keeps me eating healthy. So it is good for me to stay on Purple. I ended up using some weekly pts too but that is okay. This is a learning period for me on how to fit some of the not so healthy foods in to my plan so that I eat more healthy. And my FBG being so good is a wonderful blessing as well as the fact that I'm under 200 lbs. This plan will also be so much easier to do on my own if I decided to stop WW on line. I notice a lot of people on the FB WW group seem to be quitting WW. I will only do that if I can make this a lifestyle I can do without WW.

I was reading on one of the FB groups yesterday and learned that instead of having a "Cheat" "Off" day that it is supposed to be "A Meal" not a whole day. Or at least that is how the successful losers do. Some use their weeklies only on special occasions, or some use a few everyday and use them. It is back to "One size" does not work for all. I am bad about not using all my pts, but I think the Purple plan will help me to eat enough pts whether I use all of them or not and I will get more nutritious foods.

Carol Sue I hope you DH doesn't have kidney stones and end up in the hospital. Praying for y'all.
My daughter's first boss became a really good friend to me and she told me that she lost weight one time by eating cottage cheese and vienna sausages and crackers. I did it for a while to lose weight and got hooked on it. I had the vienna sausage with cottage cheese last night and it wasn't bad but not as good as it was when I was 30s. LOL

I am thinking I need to stop weighing everyday too. Will see how that goes. I never used to weigh all the time. That is why I could get down to a size 16 and be shocked when DH took me shopping for new clothes because I didn't know I weighed small enough to wear that size clothes. I don't remember if we even had a scale back then or not. When I leave WW, I might just weigh once a week or even once a month and not worry about it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Pipsicle, I remember when you first started talking about ice skating and you were only doing one or two laps!! 48!! That's amazing. Are you using your braces you got? Is that helping you to do more?

Trish, I think your tastes have changed and that's why you didn't like the Vienna sausages as much. There are so many things I used to like that I don't like any more.

I am cooking a roast in the pressure cooker. Hope it turns out good. It might do DH some good to eat a healthy balanced meal instead of all the junk food.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #394  

Pipsicle You have really increased your laps of ice skating. Kudos to you. I hope they don't close them so you can't go.

Carol Sue I would love to have a roast, but didn't trust DH to get the right kind so I'll pick one up when I can go to the store next weekend.

DS text me and she is still tired but otherwise feeling fine. BIL is still feeling fine.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:31 AM   #395  

What a night I had. We had high winds. Power went out. Cable went out and that meant no internet. When the power came back on we had a power surge and it burned out a circuit breaker. So no power in half of our house.

We are very lucky that it did not include the refrigerator and stove. But there's no power in the bedroom so I couldn't use my CPap. I only got 1 HR 30 min sleep. Today we have to get this fixed somehow. DH wants to do it and I want him to call an electrician. I hope he can't find the part and has to call an electrician. So I will be back when I can.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:57 AM   #396  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends: Carol, sure hope you can get the electrician out to fix things. We have surge protectors on so many things, I hope none of your appliances have fried because of this.
It was windy and rainy here yesterday as well, our power stayed on, but in some nearby cities it went out. What a blustery day. Buddy would walk a bit, have a big pee, then turn around a go straight home, none of this walking in this terrible weather, says he.
Pipsicle; congrats on the new low weight, and hope you will get back there. I wonder if you hold water weight with exercise? In any case, that stamina and ability is great, you could barely do a couple of laps when you started. This is wonderful. I feel like I need to build up my stamina as well, and you are a great inspiration.
Trish: go with what works for you. You are doing so well. Don't get discouraged. Have you tested yet yourself?
I am at 157 today, and plan to fast some more. I had a large meal yesterday early evening. I am in a good place with it right now, not feeling enamoured of any foods right now.
Have a good day friends.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #397  

Carol Sue Hope you get the electricity back on soon. DH has changed out breakers before. If memory serves me right it is just a matter of unplugging one and plugging the new one in. Just be sure he takes the precautions he needs to take such turning off all the electricity t was nervous too about him doing it. But he has done electrical work before ran electricity to his DD garage they turned into a bedroom when she was married to her first hubby. DH#2 did all the electrical lines etc in our farm house and barn. However, if your hubby doesn't or hasn't done these things before I'm not sure he should do it. As DH#2 always said, "You have to remember that it is electricity and you have to respect it". I used to think that TX boys Dad's taught them how to do things like that, but then my Daddy could never have done that.

Fatmad Hope you have a good fast. If you have a problem getting back to you long fasts, perhaps you could back to it by starting with your OMAD woe eating again and then build back up to the longer fasts. I think that is what you did when you first started doing IF.

I'm not working with IF too much right now. I think the quarantine is getting to me because I'm wanting to go to the store and even DH does. He isn't used to doing the shopping any more. I have really spoiled that man. LOL I went crazy with my eating yesterday. I decided not to get upset by it. I remembered my niece telling me she takes a week or two off her diet and then gets back on for a while.

So I'm going to just look at this week as my off week with the idea of getting it together again. I am going to change my strategy. Those 300 Zero SP foods are very healthy foods. Instead of working to eat all my points. I'm going make those healthy SP foods my friends. I will choose most of my food each day from those foods. They still have calories but they are fish, white breasts of poultry, eggs, some fat free foods, fruit and veggies and some grains. So I'm going to work at plaining my meals around those foods with a few low SP foods added to it. The way I have it planned today I have 5 pts left over but I have plenty of good healthy foods planned. It is just a matter of making this work for me. One thing it has done is that my FBG is really good these days while weight is stalled at 190.2. But I'm not gaining so that in itself is a true blessing.

Have a great day everybody.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #398  

DH has done electrical work before and changed breakers but I'm concerned because this one was sparking. He went to 6 stores this AM and no one has it. Our house is 49 years old. Breakers are all newer now. Even if we call an electrician they might not be able to get an old part. They might say to replace the whole box which could cost $4k. I don't care. We have the money. I have not spent any of my IRA money. We can't take it with us. This could make a difference in causing a fire at some point. The rest of the breakers in the box are old. I might talk him into calling an electrician.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #399  

Carol Sue I can understand that. The 100 yrear old house I lived in when DH and I got married had been in Hubby #2's family since he was 2 yrs old and his daddy who was in construction had done the original electrical wiring in that house and it should have been changed years ago. So yes, it would probably be wise to have the new breaker box put in by an electrician and especially since you can pay for it. Not a bad idea. I hope you can get him to do it and soon.

We lose power ever so often. Not as much as we used to but I think they need to get more or bigger transformers. They are getting to build more houses out in our area behind our neighborhood and as they build more houses they know they are going to need more of them.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:38 PM   #400  

DH was determined to buy the part. After us yelling at each other I found it online from Amazon. We ordered 2 because of the other breaker that he said looks bad. They should be here Wed or Thursday fast shipping. I just hope this is the answer to the problem. I think his biggest concern is not being able to watch tv in bed at night. LOL

Trish, I agree about stress running high right now. Some other people online said things are being hoarded again since they are threatening a shut down again, so, no more toilet paper!!

By the way, DH told me he liked the rump roast way more than the pot roast I usually make. AND today he was eating something and I asked what it was and it was leftover roast! He NEVER eats leftovers.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-16-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #401  

Carol Sue I'll be praying for the safety of your DH and that replacing the breakers do the trick. These men are determined to do what they want no matter what we say. Glad he likes the roast you cooked.

DS was reading the information that they gave her concerning Covid. It seems you have to quarantine for 10 days here. Made me think of what Pipsicle read about 11 days so I've decided to go to the store with DH on Wednesday which will be 12 days. Of course, I always wear the mask, but I will also wear gloves just for extra caution. Of course if I were to feel sick, I wouldn't go any where.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #402  

Trish, DH did mention that these breakers might be the problem because they were sparking but they might have caused further damage. I have calmed down some being thankful that we can refrigerate our food and cook, that our furnace is working and that the laundry room is ok so I can do laundry. It is just a minor Inconvenience and it could be a lot worse. If further work needs to be done I have the money to pay for it.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:27 AM   #403  

Carol Sue Glad you were able to calm down. I pray the breakers y'all ordered will work and that is all the problem is with no other damage.

My day has been good day. I ate healthy today with 2 pts to roll over to tomorrow. I just hope I can continue doing this correctly instead of binging. I told DH I need to go to bed by 1 am so I can get a good nights sleep.

Good night.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #404  

I did a little better with sleep last night, 4.5 hours. That's not ideal but better than last night. DH considered putting an extension cord on my CPap and I might if this continues long term. Too bad this didn't happen in the summer when there's daylight longer.

Wt is back down into 192.6. It seems when I hit 193 my mind perks up and I get back on track.

We usually go to Wal-Mart around 10am and its not crowded and they have been stocking for a few hours. We went yesterday around 5 pm. There was not a loaf of bread in the store. Well, maybe some, but DH only eats regular white bread. Only a few boxes of Pastaroni that he likes now for lunch. Toilet tissue and paper towels were bare shelves. A young girl was stocking and she said people are taking it as fast as she can put it out. They had lots of Angel Soft but almost all others were gone. I got 2 pks of Great Value and there was only one left. And I got 4 rolls of paper towels. I guess I will just get what I can each time I'm in there or Dollar General.

They just announced that Philadelphia has banned all gatherings inside including visiting between households. I don't know how they can control that. A child visiting a parent or vice versa. The only people who come here are his children and for short visits. I notice my neighbors don't have people visiting either. I hope people heed the recommendations and this virus does not get as bad as they predict.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:37 AM   #405  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Carol Sue, I am doing some online work on my insomnia, in addition I added a little THC to my CBD oil and have had two fairly good nights now.
I am not sure if thats an option in your state. and some people don't want to go there. I find other remedies and even gravel don't let me sleep long enough. I did take more CBC oil when I woke up. I will have to go to the dispensary and stock up if I am going this way. The sleep was also restful and good quality, I feel quite good.
I got a lot done yesterday, and feel like I could have plans today.
We are taking one car to DD. Did I tell you all she moved out for the month into an airbnb? she negotiated a good price, and has a furnished bachelor apartment.
She is going to stay for a few months. Still in the same town as us, but has privacy. Since she is working, she can afford this.
We feel a bit bad having her spend her earnings on housing instead of saving it up, but in reality, this is what people do! we have been so used to her living where she works, and just staying with us occasionally, we all kind of forgot. Fortunately, at almost 34 (her birthday is in 3 weeks) , she just doesn't want to live with her parents forever. So today she will borrow a car and do errands that are harder to walk to etc. and bring it back tomorrow am. At this point we have no use for two cars with both of us working from home. I don't think she gets a permanent parking spot where she is though, so can't keep the car with her.

I am still 157. I am considering fasting options. I would like to do 2MAD today and fast tomorrow, but will check what DH wants to do. He is not likely to be keen on eating much. He has had a toothache since Sunday night and has an emergency dental appointment this am. It might be a good day to extend the fast instead, since he will likely live on soup today. Or I could do cheese sauce and we make mac and cheese for each of us. He could manage that.

Hope everyone stays well and the electrical stuff works out without costing the earth Carol.

have a good day friends.
Closed Thread