Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everyone,

I'm still here. Still acclimating to back to school. DH's first day is today. I put us on 5k iu of D3 two days ago. We were at 1000 -2000k iu per day but thought its best to increase to 5k. I just want to make sure there is no deficiency and have a strong immune system as well as hand washing while he's in that factory.

I haven't been sleeping well lately. I think fasting is changing my sleep. It feels like I am less tired but the usual amount of sleepy at night which is a weird combo. Nothing much else to report at the moment.

The dog decided to leave me a pile of garbage to clean up as DH forgot to leash him before he left for work. We leash him at night because he's a trash picker. >.<.

Pipsicle - I like the idea of "confirmed loss". I hope it sticks for you too.

Carol - Great job on the freezer. Now come do mine. LOL. Mine is so icey that even during the move it didnt melt all the way and I have 2 chest freezers.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Not much to report here today. Weight inching back down to .6 lbs from yesterday to 190.2. I'm hoping to end this month so I can be in 180s again but not going to worry about it. FBG and BP is doing really well so that is great. So there is progress.

I got up earlier this morning which I hope to continue to do. I woke up around 7:30 and laid in bed to do my core exercises and pray before starting my day but was up and dressed before 9am so that is good. In SC I always got up by 8:30 and I would like to do that again. Time falls back November 1st so I hope to be in the routine by then. DS and I plan to meet for breakfast tomorrow. I finally got her BD blouses in and I want to get them to her. Plus we haven't done much together since Daddy passed away and we need to start getting together again. Where we used to go out for breakfast 3X a week with him, we could get together at least once a week. DH SIL said FL is no longer wearing masks and I hope TX will follow them soon too.

Everybody have a nice day.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

FL are not wearing masks but their cases are skyrocketing. The virus is still here but people are tired of taking precautions.

I would like to get into the 180s by 10/1 too Trish. That's 3 days of being diligent.

Shaybelle, maybe DH should be taking a multi too, or vitamin C.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #154  

Weight is up .4 to 191.0. I thought I would be down because I had potty issues yesterday. So I wonder how high it would have been without the potty issues. I also didn't sleep well.

I just checked my Fitbit sleep app and they say I slept better than usual. Over 7 hours and over an hour or deep sleep. I rarely go over an hour o f deep.

Also, I corrected my MFP food log for yesterday to include some food I forgot to track. Now I'm over 2000 calories!! I had some mindless eating in there!! This proves to me that "not eating enough" does not apply to me. I have a very low number of how much I can eat.

I am continuing to read from the blog I mentioned. The guy is not a doctor. I don't know who he is or his qualifications. He seems to know what he's talking about. Right now I'm reading a series of posts about calorie counting. He says calorie counting is wrong citing several studies but doesn't say what to do to know how much you ate. IF is one thing he mentioned. He cited a study where 2 sets of rats were fed the same diet and calories but one set were allowed to eat whenever they wanted and the other were fed in an eating window. The IF eaters lost more weight. Also 2 sets of rats were given the same amount of rat chow but one set had butter and coconut oil added to their food. That group lost more weight and had better lab results. He also said eating at night is better than eating in the morning and eating carbs at night is better than in the morning, but neither of those works for me. However, both my step children and their families eat dinner at 7 or 8 at night and none of them has a weight problem. Both women are always dieting and DIL does WW Blue but they are not fat, just watching their weight. I know we are all different and one size does not fit all. This blog is very interesting. Someone mentioned that he promotes eating Paleo but I haven't seen that yet.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-29-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #155  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Good morning friends; 157 today.
Yesterday I had a massage and saw the osteopath, so am a little sore. My neck movement is a bit better, and I slept ok.
I also had an "appointment" with a gastroenterologist. I don't know how that happened so fast. Perhaps the ability to do virtual appointment on the phone helps.
Previously, a doctor could not bill for a phone call or consultation. You had to go see them or they could not get paid for their time, so you could not get things easily. If I had a prescription refill without going in, they wanted a payment for her time. I did that, because it was cheaper than coming to town, and taking time from work.
Now, due to Covid19, they can do phone appointments, and it seems they can see more people in a day. So somehow I got this appointment.
This doc is sending me for a different scan, called a Fibro-Scan. Its to see how much fibrous tissue is in my liver, and will measure how much fatty liver there is, unlike the ultrasound. I may call my doc and ask about cancelling the ultrasound. why have both? just more time in medical appointments.
Also, more blood work. Of course.

Ok, time to think about goals. I have decided I need to get down to 140, at which point I am no longer overweight. That is 17 pounds from now. By Christmas will be good. I am not sure exactly how I will get there. I have to re-read some of my fasting info.
Fasting is a cheaper way to lose weight, but we have to watch we are not throwing out a lot of food. Must be careful not to overbuy. Its better with DD home again, she eats well and eats up stuff.
Time for Buddy's walk.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

I guess 6 am is the new 11 am! DH gets up early for work and I am a light sleeper so I'm up too. Man! This makes for an excruciatingly long day. It affects my fast too. My body had grown used to certain eating times and now I feel physically confused. lol.

We are moving into week four of French class. So many rules to remember. I will do my best.

I still have not meal planned. I keep putting off a trip to the grocery store which is making it tougher to come up with ideas. I really need to get my homework done today and then do some meditation. I need to get my self together. I do well with schedules and things like that. Flying by the seat of my pants feels tedious.

Ok guys I cant stay. So much stuff to do. I hope you guys are great.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #157  

I got up around 7:15 this morning so I could get my devotional etc done before DS called for us to meet at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Then I ran by the local store closer to me because I needed romaine lettuce for my lunch today as I was completely out and DH left a note to get him some plums. DH and I plan to go to Sam's and Walmart Thursday so I didn't need much from this store.

DS and I really enjoyed getting out together. I don't think we have done breakfast together since Daddy passed away. We were good. We are 2 of the few southern girls who does not like grits so there was no problem with our eating at Cracker Barrel. We had eggs, bacon and 1 biscuit. I was thinking I only had 9 pts but I'm going to have to go back on WW and add the hash browns I forgot that I had. I only had enough for flavor but I'm sure they were costly because they had cheese in them and today is the day they had a special on their hash brown casserole which I think they use them for. So I will probably go over my daily pts today but I have some rolled over so no problem. My walk at the store is my formal exercise for today.

Carol Sue The article you are reading sounds interesting. I eat a few things in the evening but within IF eating window most days. I think it makes me sleep better. Not sure if it helps me lose weight. I do notice that my FBS is not affected by it. Example this morning my FBS was 96 which is the lowest I've had. Weight stayed at 190.2.

Fatmad I hope the the test goes well and glad you were able to get the appointment with the doctor sooner. It is nice that things are going well with DD there.

Shaybell Good luck with the French class. My DD took French in high school and loved it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #158  

Mad, our doctors have started doing phone appointments, too but I haven't done any. I'm overdue to see my PCP but I want him to check my ears to see why they are so itchy and that can't be done by phone.

I hope the scan you're having produces the results you want. I agree you probably don't need both scans.

I believe you will have the determination to reach the goal for the end of the year. I hope your determination brings out my determination, too. I need to take this more seriously. I am coasting along, as if I can eat this or that and will knuckle down tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. Today is the tomorrow I planned for yesterday. I can keep the food out of my house to a certain point, then I have to just not eat the food DH brings in. I have to take responsibility for my actions and stop blaming DH.

Trish, we used to have a restaurant that made those cheesy hash browns but it closed. We always ordered them. There is a recipe for them going around and they appear at every pot luck. Very tasty, but not diet friendly. Good for you on just having a taste. I haven't had them for years and I don't dare make them. I don't think there is any way to make just enough for 2 servings and I have a habit of finishing everything off instead of throwing it away. I don't know why I would rather be fat than throw food away.

I still ate too much yesterday and I'm up to 191.6. I'm not going to make it to 189 by tomorrow as hoped. Wishing doesn't do it. Action does. There's no one to blame but myself. I have to be hard on myself because I've gone easy for too long making excuses.

Yesterday I read about the importance of consistent exercise to train your body to burn body fat. It has to be long, 30-45 minutes, and must be done regularly. Not the way I do it, doing a week or so then slacking off. Once your body adjusts you must increase the intensity. Getting to the point of doing it regularly will be a hard step for me to take. I want to read through that blog again.

These are the things I did back when I maintained my weight. Proper eating and regular exercise. The rules have not changed, I've changed. There is no magic pill.

That's my self lecture for today.

I forgot to defrost my roast so now I will have to cook it in the pressure cooker instead of the slow cooker. It turns out good and takes less time, but there's something about the flavor when it's cooked low and slow.

I have one jar of delicious vegetable soup left. I am the only one eating it. I didn't make as much as I used too but still it's too much. I will have to cut the recipe back a bit more for next time. When I was making it DH was complaining that the water cooked away, but that concentrates the flavors. As it is, it still made too much. He wanted me to add more water. It would have made too much and it would have been watered down. I shouldn't get angry with him because he remembers when his mother made soup in a huge soup pot filled to the top. But she was cooking for a family of 7. I have to keep reminding him. Where are the guys who sit and watch tv until dinner is ready? How did I get one who always comes in the kitchen and "supervises?"

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-30-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #159  

Well, I'm ending September weighing 190.2. I slept in but I don't think it would have been any lower if I had got up earlier. So I lost 2.2 lbs this month and I will be happy with that as I remember when it went the other way for me. I made the homemade WW 0pts taco soup and had a cup of it last night so I am sure that contributed to not gaining from eating out yesterday. I don't remember what the pts were on the cheesy hash brown, but I counted the higher number because I wasn't sure about it and I had the extra pts any way. I still have extra pts for today but probably won't use them especially since tomorrow is WI day for me. I finished this month with FBG the same as Sept 1 so it is actually good at 103. Hopefully that will continue to get better.

Carol Sue DH and I like most of the same snacks and I still eat them but I measure them out and count the pts for them. I've learned to enjoy smaller amounts because I know I can have them. I finally figured out that I don't have to eat the amount that a package says is a serving. Besides most servings are figured on 2000 calorie day. I don't eat 2000 calories a day so I don't eat the serving called for unless it is something really healthy or 0 pts. Example, I like pretzels. Pretzel sticks aren't my favorite, but I learned that the brand we all eat on WW has a serving of 53 which measures out to 1/2 oz for 3 pts.. I have actually learned to like the sticks. I like cheddar popcorn and the brand I like is 1 pt for 1 cup. So I measure out 1 c of that and 1/2 oz of pretzels for 4 pts a nice snack which I actually have for dinner most evening. Once in a while I may want some other snack but I always make sure it is no more than 4 or 5 pts,

I always lost weight better when I wasn't actually exercising, but finally realized I need to exercise to strengthen my bones and muscles so I do it some sort of exercise each day. I still need to do enough for 5 pts today to meet my goal I set for myself each week.

DS and I decided to stick with what we are doing. She will keep getting her shots and I will keep doing WW because we need the accountability. I finish a bottle of the liquid lipotropics and the pills today so I will not be taking them any more unless I see that they were helping. I continued taking them for the B12 but that is in my collagen powder I take every morning in my coffee so I will still be getting that. So it will be interesting to see if had anything to do with my weight loss.

Have nice day everyone.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #160  

Trish, I think you are making the right choice to continue with WW whether you stay with the program or do it on your own.

There are no snack foods that I like anymore. I grab a potato chip or cheese curl if DH is eating them but they no longer appeal to me. They taste fake, like chemicals. I occasionally eat popcorn if DH makes it but I used to eat the whole bowl. I still like chocolate. I don't think that will ever change, and ice cream. Cake no longer interests me. I am glad that I've lost the desire for these things but I wish I would stop overeating. I need to learn to be satisfied with small portions. I'm ok until I take the first bite. For whatever reason, once I start eating I don't stop until I'm overly full.

When I exercised regularly in the past I never paid attention to whether my weight went up or not. I just know it made me feel good afterwards and I never felt that too much exercise made me fat. That's like the people who say that vegetables make then gain weight. Did they get fat because they ate too many vegetables? I think that's impossible. They just don't like vegetables. Right now I don't want to exercise. I can't say I don't like it because I do, once I start. But right now I don't want to. I want to get back to it and believe it will greatly improve my health. I just need to get off my butt and move. Incorrect exercise may be harmful but not general exercise. I don't think it contributes much to weight loss.

So the 2 things I need to focus on are portions and exercise.

Shaybelle, autocorrect will not allow me to type Shaybelle. I just saved it to my vocabulary so maybe that will help. How did your husband like his new job? Is there social distancing? I just read yesterday that vitamin D is protective to the immune system. I take 5000IU M-F and none on Sat and Sun. I do that because that's what my friend's doctor told her to take. I don't feel any different if I take it or not. Some vitamins are not absorbed by the body without other vitamins or minerals. Its very hard to know what to do. I know I don't eat a balanced diet to get all the necessary nutrients. There is not much sun in PA compared to other places plus I don't spend much time outside to get sun so I assume my levels are low.

My roast is in the pressure cooker. I hope it is tasty.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-30-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #161  

Carol Sue Exercise is another reason I plan to stay with WW because I am having the same problem with exercise right now. Mentally I want to do it but physically I don't even want to do it. Because I have the personality to want to be sure and track that I do exercise, I will do it any way. I know I need to learn "self-discipline" and this is helping me to do it. I actually did 20 minutes on the bike today so I probably earned my goal of 40 pts this week.

I actually had a nice surprise when I checked my checking account. I finally got my stimulus check. Can you believe it took a good 5 mos. to get it. Oh well, it goes into savings to help pay property taxes when we get the actual bill. So that is a blessing that I thank God for.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #162  

Trish, I'm glad you got your stimulus check finally. I still haven't received my income tax refund. I did a paper return in the mail and I can't even get verification that it was received. The internet website says they're behind and don't call, but then in another section it says don't wait too long to call. I tried once but was on hold a long time.

My Fitbit is synced to MFP. Some days it says I have earned some exercise calories when I didn't even exercise.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #163  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

my determination got up and went last night. I had a snack before bed and outside of my window, and high carb crackers with honey.
Today was supposed to fast, but that is out the window too. I am coping now by eating high fat, low carb to help me better tomorrow.

It is rainy and dreary here today.
Stay well friends, chat later.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #164  

Sorry to hear you're having trouble staying on plan, Mad. Me too. Wt continues upward to 192.6. The scale went to 193 then bounced down. Its so irritating that it does this over and over but I'm doing this to myself. Its not the scale's fault. I know I will be headed downward in the next few days.

A few days ago I received a envelope from my pcp with scripts for bloodwork and a reminder to make an appointment. I intended to do that soon and use the scripts he gave me before that are good for 1 year. I made an appointment at the lab for Monday planning to call for the appointment soon. Yesterday I received a phone call from someone at my Insurance wanting to make my appointment!! I let it go to voice mail. I don't want them getting involved. I was surprised to get that call. I have not been good and know my lab results will reflect that. I don't want med changes. I would rather get back to healthier lifestyle and will blame it on the virus.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #165  

Well, I didn't track my weight for WI today and haven't decided if I will or not. My weight was up to 191 this morning. Evidently I didn't do something right this week and need to make some changes myself so I understand what everyone is feeling right now. I'm in one of those moods where I want to give up and quit, but thank God I have my DS here going through the same thing with me and we keep reminding each other to KOKO. I had pts left over that I lost so not sure what is going on with me.

However, I have made some changes. I have been getting up earlier so weighing earlier in the day so that could be the difference. I usually get up closer to 9 am and weigh then, but I have been getting up at 7:30 am trying to not stay in bed so long. Maybe there is something about getting more rest. I try to go to bed by 1am but still get up at 7:30 or 8 so not sure 1 hr should make that much difference.

Decided to go back to drinking the Premier shake for breakfast or dinner. I need the protein. I'm not sure I'm getting enough protein or fat in my diet. I threw away a whole bunch of avocadoes so not sure if I will buy any more. I haven't done low carb since I moved back to TX and I'm beginning to wonder if that has been a mistake, but I am so afraid I will have a hard time giving up the starches that I do enjoy. Especially my fruit. So I will give this WW a little longer to see how I do. I'm not sure how to do low carb with WW because of the protein and fat. So will have to just see how I can work this out. I am so afraid of changing anything that would put me back over 200 lbs.

Sam's and Walmart today which means KFC but I am going to take the batter of like I used to do in SC and have it with 0 pts veggies and 0 pts soup. I'll figure out how to make this work. I just bought 2 pair of jeans in a size smaller and I love buying new clothes that are smaller.
Closed Thread