Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Shaybelle. Good to hear from you but sorry there is so much turmoil. I was upset when my step daughter was terminated from her job of 10 years. She also has a learning disability of not understanding when people talk to her. She interviews very poorly as a result but once she learns the job she is a great long term employee. The company changed ownership and she got called back by the grace of God. I pray that things turn around for you and your husband.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #137  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI friends: I am struggling and caving at supper time, and did eat last night again. Sticking to LCHF but gaining none the less. 158 today.
I will fast today if the daughters don't come for supper. With DH testing negative, older DD is coming home and her sister is bringing her and will have a little visit.

Shaybelle; this is the worst time for moving and having issues getting around. Is there a car share program in your town?
The frustrations must be big regarding job hunting. I suspect its just the pandemic times and there is little new hiring anywhere. Friends of mine on Ontario works, have had support while they get their web based business going. I have no idea how it works, just that they had that support.

Have a good day friends.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #138  

My weight is back down today to 190.4. I'm glad, but I really think it's time to drop into and stay in the 180s. This has been going on too long. I've been playing around, not sticking to plan, doing just enough to prevent a gain.

I slept for 8 hrs and 45 mins. I woke at 5 but laid in bed for a while and fell back to sleep eventually. I didn't get up until almost 9 o'clock. Very unusual for me. My day will be off after losing those morning hours. I want to make vegetable soup so I have to get it started.

Mad, I understand the trouble you're going through with your weight. It seems once we break our stride it's so hard to get back. Life changes can interfere. Dealing with DH's illness, your DD 's coming and going, changes in your work schedule. It will take some determination to get back on track successfully.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-26-2020 at 09:29 AM. Reason: X
Old 09-26-2020, 12:12 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Morning Everyone.

Well DH called a staffing agency instead of recruiting agency. He went and signed up for a temp job in a factory. I KNOW I should be glad to get some extra cash but all i can think of is that we have been self isolating pretty hardcore for 6 months and now he's going to work on an assembly line in a factory. Now I'm nervous in a different way. I hate we have to choose between eating and increasing our risk for covid.

I finished all my written assignments last night. That's good. I'm up 2lbs this morning. I'm not even going to trip about it. This week has been sloppy! I just have to clean up what I can. I am going to tweak things. Its been 21 days since I've started IF. I need to tie down my eating window. Since DH has decided to work in this factory but still wants to continue on plan I have decided to put us on an 18:6 for now and when money comes in, switch us to 18:6 low carb, and when we are good into ketosis switch us back to low carb 18:6 up days and low carb OMAD on down days. Just will take some planning. Which I will do.

I ate too much dairy yesterday and I'm in intestinal pain today which is helpful because its a down day anyway. It wasnt even good cheese or creamer. So not worth this.

Well that's all for now. I'm just giving my digestive track a rest. Down days are always so peaceful for me otherwise.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning everyone.

Shaybelle Sorry about the struggles financially. Been there done that one and not fun. I hope things get better and that things work out with your DH working.

Fatmad I hope things work out okay with the eating when DD come. It isn't easy to eat like we want when things change and we have to include others. Hope your DH is feeling better.

Carol Sue I don't like it when I sleep so long that I miss time to do things I like to do before DH gets up. We do get into our routines don't we? I got up earlier the past few days but didn't get up until around 9 this morning and I really do like getting up earlier.

Weight is up today to 191.6 but not surprised as yesterday was more like a cheat day I guess you would call it. Plus I ate way out of my 8 hr eating window. I got the roasted chicken for lunch and we didn't eat much of it. I was hoping the kids would eat it but their uncle works at McDs and he always brings them chicken nuggets so their Mom ended up going over to McDs and getting them burgers and nuggets and fries. So I'm going to use the left over chicken for chicken salad in the evening to get myself back to eating healthier.

I bought me some mild salsa. I used to eat a low carb egg breakfast with hot peppers but my tummy won't do that these days so I decided to have a low carb breakfast this morning with salsa. It sure was good. I read the article on avocados and I used approximately 1/3 of one and mixed it with 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and ta tbls of salsa and it was really good. Of course, I also had my banana. Lunch today will be swai fish with salad and veggies. I planned the chicken salad and still have a lot of pts left but not going to worry about it because as we know the 0 pts foods are not calorie free.

I've decided to stay with WW because I like the blue plan. I've decided that the liquid lipo B12 stuff I take once a day isn't really doing anything for me. Not sure if the lipo pills are either. I think I'm going to give this last liquid bottle that hasn't been opened to DS. I am going to figure out how to use my WW blue plan for a lower carb not low carb diet. I am taking the collagen that seems to be helping my joints and it also has B12 and a lot of vitamins in it as well as a high protein. So it should be helpful on my plan. The Lipo liquid and pills are expensive so I can balance things by using the money for that to pay for WW and the collagen.

We really enjoyed my niece and the little boys. They are so sweet and typical boys. My nephew and his brother who lives with them were going to come over too but he is on call to take care of a man as he needs him and he got called to work and I don't know why my other nephew didn't come.

Well, exercise bike has been done and I've got my Saturday chores to get done this morning. So I better get to it. I don't know why I dread having to get meds/vitamins ready for the next week and once it is done, I feel like the hardest job is done.

Y'all have a nice weekend.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #141  

Shaybelle, I too would be concerned with DH working in the factory. Hopefully he will be fine. Remind him to stay away from other people as much as he can and wash his hands often.

Trish, I had 3 overeating days in a row but am not up by the grace of God. I'm glad you worked it out in your mind to continue with WW and stop some supplements that don't seem to be working. It's hard to tell if supplements work as they claim to. We cannot see what is going on in our bodies.

I think it's A shame that that mother is allowing the children to eat McDonald's food. It is known that having that preference can lead to unhealthy eating in later years and to health problems. They should be encouraged to eat what is being served.

A woman gave a link to a series by some doctor whose name I forget. That will be my next reading project. The part I read today said that formerly obese people don't burn fat as well as those who were never obese. I want to see if he says there is a way to correct that because it's very discouraging.

There are several people on the low carb forum who have lost a lot of weight but now have started regaining. This seems to happen to most who lose. Our bodies don't like letting go of that weight we've carried for so long. I don't understand it when we are so much healthier at a lower weight. This is why they say only 5% of people who lose weight can maintain it, even if they stay on plan.

It took me 10 or 12 years to lose 27 lbs, bouncing up and down all the way. Slow loss might be the key to maintenance but I don't want to wait another 10 years to lose more.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-26-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #142  

I am still in the process of cleaning out my freezer. Today I used some old stew beef when I made the soup. I cooked it separately in the pressure cooker because I didn't want it to ruin the soup if it wasn't good. It was ok but didn't have great taste. I have 2 steaks left and some liver. I cook a steak for DH when I cook the liver for me. I have some tilapia and salmon that I eat but DH won't eat. And lots of frozen veggies that we both eat. I am not going to buy things that he won't eat anymore because it just sits too long in the freezer. I am going to try to cook more fresh meat and not stock up anymore. I just end up eating too much.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #143  

Weight stayed the same, 190.4. Today I didn't get up until 8 am.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #144  

Weight back down to 190.8. I didn't get up until 9:15 and drug out of bed then. I went to bed at a good time but I guess I needed it.

I checked some pts counts with the fiber slider from old WW plan. It counts Calories, fat and fiber grams to get the pts. I think the blue plan counts calories, fat, and protein. I'm still not sure which one I will follow when I have to double my WW membership.

Used all my pts yesterday but haven't eat anything this morning. I think my eating time ended up being almost 9 hrs so still doing IF although eating hr goes according to hunger, but at least not eating around the clock and no snacks.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #145  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Question Pending loss- confirm next week?

I have a pending loss waiting for confirmation next week. This has been a long time in coming. I hope it sticks around and I can confirm next week. I had a great week last week but started of this week very poorly with a fast food breakfast. I'll have to be really, really careful to stay within my calorie limit today. None of my other health indicators (FBS, BP) are better this am.

Today is my rest day from exercise which is good. Yesterday, I did a lot. I took three walks, swam and ice skated. I have been really congested since swimming. We've had a weather shift here and I think that is also contributing to the congestion. It was bad enough it kept waking me up last night. Swimming was interesting. I had to make a reservation. They only allow one person per lane for the reserved time. This is really nice. I wanted to go swimming so I can register for a virtual triathlon. I wanted to get the swimming portion under my belt before signing up. It has been a long time since I swam any sort of distance and wanted to make sure I could still do it. It took me 17 minutes to swim 500 yards.

I am really tired today. Hope everyone has a good week.

Fall thread results summary: | |

Last edited by Pipsicle; 09-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #146  

Pipsicle, you do great with exercise considering your foot problems! I think this will continue to improve with time.

Trish, somewhere I have 2 points calculators that I bought at different times I was doing WW. I had to buy the second one when they changed the program.

I had scrambled eggs and I piece of toast for breakfast and 2 cups of vegetable soup for lunch. This soup is delicious the second day if I do say so myself. Next time I will make it without the bone to eliminate the fat even though it adds to the flavor. Or I will buy a home with no meat or fat attached.

I told DH not to butter my toast but he started doing it again, and he is very generous with the butter!! I'll have to remind him. It adds unnecessary calories.

I don't know what we will eat for dinner because DH is watching the football game. I don't want to cook and he will want to eat out. I probably shouldn't have had the soup but I won't waste it and it is low calorie and healthy.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #147  

Pipsicle You are so good with your exercise. I really have to push myself to do mine. Sunday is my day of no exercise too. Funny thing is that is when I want to exercise, but I have heard it is good to give the muscles a rest so I do. I hope you possible weight loss will stick.

Carol Sue I saw a recipe on FBWW for a WW taco soup. I printed it out but since I don't like black beans I will probably do some substitutes and make it. The nice thing about it is that if made with shredded chicken breast or I think I could use ground turkey in it it would be 0 pts.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #148  

DH never mentioned eating out. We had La Choy Chicken Chow Mein again. I love that. It is one of the few processed foods I like. We used to have it often but I don't know why I stopped buying it. I am shocked that DH will eat it but not complaining.

I found a pot roast in my freezer. That will be something I can cook this week. I'm getting down to just vegetables and will start buying meat when I'm going to use it.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #149  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

I forgot to mention, in addition to three walks, swimming and ice skating yesterday, I also rode my bike. I am wising up a bit. Instead of trying to get everything in, tomorrow it will just be one walk and the bike ride portion of the triathlon (22k).
Old 09-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #150  

Pipsicle, I agree, you don't want to overdo it and possibly get an injury, but you are doing great. Gives me incentive to do better.

My weight is up .2 again to 190.6, but not really a gain. Just need to get it inching down again.

I got up at 7, which I prefer. I need to clean my kitchen cabinet doors. I think I'll do one per day so it doesn't become a big project. Thinking about doing all of them stresses me out.
Closed Thread