Old 09-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

Height: 5'3

The cabbage rolls went in the oven at 10a.m to be done around 3p.m. We ate the halushky for lunch. I got 57 cabbage rolls. I had a bit of meat mixture left and I made 4 meat balls and laid them on top . I also sliced a piece of smoked sausage and put it in . I saw that on a cooking show .

There is a political car parade on the highway near us to be followed by a rally in the park. I'm glad I don't have anywhere to go because I'm sure there will be protesters. I hope they stay out of my neighborhood and pray there is no violence.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 0/-28/-70

Angry Confirmed loss in danger!

Carol: Congrats on the drop! Seems like more protein is helping.
Mad: Looks like you are getting back into a good grove. Hope your husband recovers quickly!
Shaybelle: Hope the meal planning goes well! I find myself paying the candy piper too.
Patty: Glad the points seem to be working well! How fun to hear from your family!

No real changes this week with regards to my weight and other health indicators I can measure. I am back from my big adventure. I tried to eat well while I was away and think I did okay. The scale is up a little bit but it usually is after travel.

To recap- I have surgically corrected bilateral clubbed feet. In the end, I have a bad foot and a worse foot. Usually, I have a lot of foot and ankle pain. Generally, I have found exercises that I do okay with. However, with the pandemic it has been mostly walking and even after all of these months it was still really hard for me. In the past, I have had a brace for my worse foot. Because it basically immobilized the joint, my worse foot became even worse. I could barely walk without the brace so I stopped using it.

Years ago, I found something that I thought would help me- the orthotic devices I just got. The main advantage of these devices is they return energy from stepping. Something a normal foot does naturally. Back then they were only available to military veterans. It is quite a process to get them. One visit to the clinic for casting and testers. A second visit for delivery and pretty intensive PT. I just got back from the second visit.

I am really happy with them. Although, reinforcing my lower legs has exposed weaknesses in other parts of my body. In particular I have aggravated an old knee injury which I am really bummed about. It was one of my concerns going into this. I'll have to baby my knee until it calms down. All in all, it will take at least 3 months to get close to the maximum benefit from them (need to develop the supporting muscles). What I have seen so far is fantastic! No pain in the morning. After the flight, I was able to get off the plane without pain or limping.

Fall results summary: |

Last edited by Pipsicle; 09-20-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #108  

Pipsicle, I am so glad you were able to get these devices! They sound like an answer to a prayer. I believe in time after you adjust they will be wonderful. I'm happy for you I feel guilty for complaining about my walking issues after all you have been through.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Pipsicle - Thanks for recapping. This is no where near the same but I have severe flat feet and I got orthotics and I tell you my spine hurt so badly I was in tears. My podiatrist said because my body was not used to proper posture and all the muscles and stuff are realigned and its painful because I have to build up all those muscles involved but I needed to keep wearing them. Then I got blisters in my arches where the orthotics were correcting. He was like "You will develop a callous." I was like oh my this is more than I imagined when I agreed that I should correct my posture. Little did know then I had other things going on with my spine. I do hope the knee calms down for you soon. Also with all that you are busy with, I would think its natural that you havent been able to focus on the weight loss. So with that I say kudos with no real change. At least you will be getting back on a level playing/losing field.

Carol - I was NOT hungry until you mentioned the cabbage rolls. Man I wish my mother was still alive. I miss someone cooking good food for me. My kids are still youngish and my DD is the youngest and did not learn to cook whatsoever. She has always maintained that her future significant other will cook. I'm like "okkkkkkkkk" LOL I imagine she'll just be like my little sister who is not little anymore and calls me to cook everything. "Talk me through how to do......" lol

Today is a down day. I have had alot of energy so far. I have texted my kids with old photos and such and got back their texted "eeewwws" and "please stop". I never will...they are not the boss of me.

I have planned out supper already. Now I just need to do some time management stuff, some homework review, some admin stuff and squeeze a short walk in at some point. That's about it. A nice calm Sunday. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Shaybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Pipsicle I think it is wonderful that you could get the braces and it sounds promising to improving your life. We watch a the show on tv of the things they can do these days to help people with foot problems. We saw some virtual appointments ont the show this past week that I look forward to seeing how they are going to be able some of these people that looks impossible. What a blessing that they can get help.

Fatmad You are doing really well and prayers continue that your DH tests negative and will begin to feel better. DS DD was tested last week and had to stay in until she got the news the test was negative. DS thinks her tiredness is from the mold they found in her house which I'm sure is true.

Carol Sue Looks like your .2 lbs bump was just before a loss. Congratulations. You weigh a little less than me again. I hope you can get into the 180s before you go to doc too. I pray y'all won't get any protestors in your neighborhood. I think this Wendie Plan is just a way to use all the daily and weekly pts where you aren't eating the same amount of calories or pts everyday. I'm thinking that eating the same amount every day probably teaches the body to get into a rut and you don't lose. I will check the pts again today to see if I read that right because I want something that works.

My weight was at 190.6 as it was yesterday. I think I am seeing a new pattern here which I think just might be good. Instead of weight bouncing, I seem to lose and stay there for a few days. I noticed that my weight went to 190.8 and stayed there 8 days and then it went down to the 190.6 and has been there 2 days. I think this is good because I believe it means that my body is making adjustments. I'm also trying to learn to eat normal foods that I like. FBG is staying in the normal range. Some times it get close to the high end but it doesn't stay there. I think I just get those when I miss my low. So WW is working for me.

I did get my WW book I ordered from Amazon and I can use it to do WW without doing it on line if I decided to do so. At the end of October my cost will double what I'm paying now and I could use that money for something else and do this myself. I can still follow WW groups on line for support so no reason to keep paying that money.

Shaybelle

Hope everybody has a blessed Sunday..

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #111  

I don't think I'm going to hold my 190.2. I ate 4 chocolate covered marshmallow cookies. I don't know why I bought them. I know better. I had a weak moment.

I had 3 cabbage rolls and I want to be finished eating now'.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:03 AM   #112  

Wt is up .8 to 191. It might be because I'm up early or that big drop yesterday might have been a fluke. I stuck to my guns and did not eat after 3 pm. I got hungry around 5-6 p.m. but it went away. Later on I "wanted" a cabbage roll but it wasn't hunger and I held out. So I'm still not hungry and will have a fast of 18 + hours. That's what's important to me. I'm just enjoying my coffee and waiting for Golden Girls to come on at 7 am.

I have been reading about the health benefits of avocados and might start eating them again. I just don't like when they all start to ripen at once. I also get tired of them if I eat them every day. I used to buy a couple every time I went to the store so they didn't ripen all at once. Maybe I'll do that again.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #113  

Carol Sue Good for you doing the 18 hr fast. I got a bump up in weight today to 191 myself but then I'm not surprised by my bump since I'm doing the Wendie Plan for a week. I'm surprised it hasn't bumped up before now. I just have through Wednesday doing this and I will go back to the regular plan.

I was reading a an article yesterday about following IE. I have always been afraid of going wild with the junk food or with the idea of eating whatever I want, but they said that you might do that for a while because you can suddenly eat the foods that were restricted on whatever diet you were on. I think that must be true. On WW I can eat whatever I want as long as I have it within my allowed pts. Suddenly I am finding myself craving the healthier foods even thinking in terms of low carb. Not that I'm ready to go low carb or keto but I am seeing myself settling down more. However, I would like to have a shorter eating window. In fact, I ate within a 6 hr window yesterday instead of 8. I think my bump in weight this morning was from eating more food than I wanted to make the 29 pts yesterday. Today's is 27 or 28. I'll be glad to get back to my regular woe.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #114  

Trish, many times when I eat in my window it is junk food, like the cookies, or more food than I need. Like today, I have probably already met my calorie allowance and want to skip dinner. My window would be 6.5 hours but I don't know if I can do that. And I don't know what the effect would be of having all my calories in 6 hours.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #115  

Carol Sue I can understand that. In fact, I'm not sure I will make it on this Wendie Plan because I am feeling like crap today and I think that is because I'm eating to eat the amount of pts it says to eat for each of the days and that is not good for me. I only have 2 more days after today. I'm not worried about the weight up or down because it is supposed to be making my body think I'm not dieting. My problem is that I'm eating whatever whether I want it or not just to hit that number. So not sure I'll make it through today. I really don't even want to eat lunch so I think I could actually go with little to no food after lunch today. You know how I feel about eating when not hungry. I think when you eat when not hungry you are overeating.

I've also been dealing with a headache all morning so not feeling my best today. Just want to sleep and get completely rid of this headache.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #116  

Trish, eating when not hungry is what made me gain an extra 60 lbs. I don't believe there is any weight loss program that can tell everyone how much they should be eating. We are all different.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #117  

I made it through today with the Wendie Plan. Tomorrow my pts are 23 which is the amount of daily pts I normally get everyday so I think I will just go back to my regular WW plan tomorrow with that. I just don't like eating all the points I've been eating. If I'm hungry and want to use some of my weeklies that is one thing, but I don't like eating things just to be filling the pts I don't need.

I finally got over the headache but feeling tired tonight. Not sure why because I seem to be sleeping good at night. It has been a cool rainy day all day so maybe it is just the weather. Didn't do a lot of formal exercise. Will try to make it up tomorrow and Wednesday. I think I will go to bed early tonight.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #118  

I drank coffee and forgot to get weighed so I'll probably skip the scale today.

I bought a bag of small avocados that are starting to get ripe and one is ripe enough to eat today. I like the small ones because I can eat the whole thing and not have to worry about it turning brown. I will have it for breakfast.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #119  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi gang: I have been working some very long hours. Although the scale said 153, I think I was pretty dehydrated so I am gonna say 154. Because of the long work stretch, I have been fasting since Saturday supper. so over 60 hours now. I am do ok, still tired, got to bed about 230 last night. I will likely take a nap again in a bit.
I have not decided about when I will break the fast, but likely after a little walk with the dog.
DH is slowly feeling better. He got his test yesterday. He is also frustrated that his docs office has not called back, he wanted some other tests, like blood and urine testing, to look for other causes, and with no call back he can't get that. I can't order things for him of course, but could draw blood and get a urine sample to drop off, so that's getting him angry that the docs office has not called back. DOn't know what's happening there.

On to you , my peeps.
Always glad to hear from you Pipsicle. Joint problems are so difficult. And yes, they move up. Sometimes my back feels better when my hips are lined up better. if my neck is bad, I need a low back rub as well as the neck adjustments. Hope you get what you want with the braces, that sounds like a great thing.
Carol agree with you about cookies. Half my NSVs this week had to do with being in the grocery store and NOT buying foods that I should not have. Because like you, if its in the house, good chance I will cave.

Trish is cruising along and doing better than ever. I hope the book gives you the answers. Do you need the accountability from being a member of a group? If not, than doing it on your own is a good idea.

Shaybelle: glad you were planning your food. Its a big difference. Hard to stick to plan without it. But while fasting, you can't really plan it. I find I plan the meals 2 days later, on my eating days. I can shop if needed, which I can't do while fasting. Hope you enjoyed the meals you planned.

So, after two cups of tea, I still have a headache. I should have corrected both the caffeine withdrawal and the dehydration, so next is to eat a bit, which will be yoghurt.
Have a good day chickies. chat soon.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #120  

My breakfast was 554 calories! I don't know what that will do. Too much food makes me want more food. I had scrambled eggs cooked in butter so I included the calories in the butter. A small avocados and half an orange. DH always cooks eggs in butter. I use zero calorie spray. I added the avocado. DH cut the Orange and gave half to me.

Mad, you do so good with those long fasts! I would not do well with your work hours.