Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I didn't get to go back to bed so I will either take a nap later or go to bed early. DH wanted to go out to breakfast. I had a mushroom swiss omlette. Then we went to Goodwill but bought nothing, Wal-Mart for a few things, dropped off out tax payment and dropped off mail that came to our house in error. A total puzzle. It was an application for a dog licence from Minnesota, but mailed to someone at our address. It was so strange it almost seems like a scam. Why would these people even have our address? We just wrote not at this address and put it in a mail box. Maybe I should have just thrown it away. So now my soaps are on and I'm watching them.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Bonjour Everyone!

Today I am doing two down days in a row as Sunday is my birthday and this girl wants copycat Cracker Barrel casserole and grits and bacon for breakfast. So, just to make sure and to do a test run, I am going to do 500 cals two days in a row. I'm having a great day today thus far. I'm clear minded. I dont feel tired or fuzzy. I've been up for hours and have had marathon phone conversations with my DD and sister already today. So I'm in a good mood.

Its a day of housework, laundry and unpacking. Booooooo! LOL, why dont the laundry wash itself and the house clean itself. They need to get the AI advanced so we can have android butlers like the Jetsons. I didnt even get a chance to eat much. Up days go by so fast. Must be a time warp.

Its been cooler lately. I usually run hot but when I get cold its chilly. I'll check in with you guys later.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #48  

Shaybelle, I looked online and saw Copycat Ham and Egg casserole and Copycat Hashbrown Casserole that both looked good. Is the one you're making one of those?

Today is the 19th anniversary of the day the U.S. was attacked by air by terrorist hijackers. Thousands died. No American will ever forget where they were or what they were doing that day.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #49  

I didn't feel good after eating that restaurant breakfast. Really bad indigestion. So I didn't want dinner. But then I got really really hungry after the indigestion went away. I've just been sipping water. DH made hamburgers so I ate a half. Homemade burgers are really good. Right now I would really like some cauliflower with parmesan cheese. It would break my fast but it's really low calorie and healthy. I thinking going to do it.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #50  

Carol - Yes I'm going to do a copycat recipe from pinterest. The hashbrown casserole one. Grits make me a bit woozy so I will eat only a tiny bit. Dang wait. I dont have cheese in the house on purpose. Ok so probably wont do the hashbrown casserole but will do a little bit of grits. Maybe Shrimp and Grits then. Sorry to hear you werent feeling well but its good that your appetite came back.

I ate rather late today. We had leftover soup, with rice and green beans. I just could not figure out what to eat. I know I had leftovers but before I decided to eat them I wanted cabbage but it was just too late for me to make it. I was very hungry by then.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:23 AM   #51  

I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep again. I tried everything. I don't know what's going on. Scale is up again today, even after not much dinner. Whatever.

We have to go to the bank at 10.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #52  

Bonjour!

Today is the second down day in a row. Its ok so far. I am keeping busy. Its dog grooming day and he HATES it and runs and its like chasing a pig through a yard to catch him, except we are in an apartment with things to hide under. He's a small breed. He hates baths and brushing and its always a fight and he tries to nip and its just never a good day when we have to cut him and usually takes 2 days. Well its taking longer because I am using scissors instead of dog clippers because I cannot find the adapter to charge them. It has to get done so he can grow some fur back before the snows come. It hurts him because he's matted now. He tears up and it just makes a mess of his face fur and then he rubs his eyes with his paws and he has a wart on his back so he is constantly trying to scratch it I think and that felts his long fur. He's a Shitzu Poodle mixed with a Yorkshire terrier and Poodle and then interbred. His dad is his grandpa. We rescued him from a puppy mill but now genetics have him all screwed up. I think he got more of the yorkshire terrier and poodle more than the Shitzu. Only tell tale sign he has it in him is the curved tail. I'm a germaphobe so doing this disgusts me because of the wart and he has sticky burs he got last night from somewhere during the walk. Its a hot mess! The groomers wont take him when it gets this bad unless I get the bad parts cut out. So there is my catch 22. So that's my day. I'll be doing that and cleaning up fur.

How about you guys? What are you up to this fine Saturday?
Old 09-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue sorry you couldn't sleep and weight is up. However, your weight probably isn't really up. It is probably the fact you couldn't sleep since that can cause a false weight reading. Hope you can rest later. Although you know I do have those times myself when I am up almost all night and never know why.

Shaybelle Good luck with dog grooming. My baby sister raises Yorkie Poodles and I wanted one so bad out of the last litter but DH did all the grooming for the 2 poodles he and his wife and his Mother had years ago. I've seen pics and he did a beautiful job. He said he didn't want to do that any more. However the last time they came by they brought them in the house with them and we both loved them. She still has the one I wanted. I still might try to talk him into one when she has another breed. For now I just enjoy hers when she brings them around. DS had a Shitzu for years that we used to keep when they would go on trips but he died last year. He was a sweetheart and so cuddly.

Weight stayed the same and FBG is good so no problems there. I have done my 30 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes of calisthinics. I still have a lot of house work to do tonight that I can count as exercise. Oh, I changed my WI day back to Friday like I did in SC. For the 2 days I've already earned 16 exercise pts. I upped my pts to earn to 45, but I don't think I will up it any more. Since I lost that .2 lbs, my weight actually stayed the same as last week. I was looking at my record sheet for September and I've actually lost 1.6 lbs so far this month so I guess I'm not doing bad.

Didn't eat breakfast this morning although I did have an apple. Making a pizza for our main meal and I will try making it on the Joseph's 1 pt Flax Lavash bread that I make my breakfast taquito with. I am planning a Premier shake for dinner and so far it looks like I will have 5 pts to roll over tomorrow. I had 3 roll over from yesterday.

I have no real plans today. DS and I decided to wait until next Friday to go out to eat. I think BIL will be off that day. Her BD is next Sunday and since Mama died on her BD she doesn't like to celebrate that day so we will celebrate it 2 days early on Friday afternoon.

I never heard of CopyCat recipes till y'all talked about it. I found the recipe for DH LJS fish which I think I could make it a little more WW friendly but DH doesn't want me to try it because he said those things never seem to be the same. However, I still may try it. I'll need to get seltzer water though.

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #54  

I never did 2 DD in a row. Good for you! It should reflect on the scale.

I'm finished eating for the day. I had eggs before we went to the bank. Then we came home and I had 2 frozen burritos. I bought these at Wal-Mart and they are pretty good. I'll have to look for them again. Then DH bought a hoagie from his SIL who was selling them for the fire department and I ate a piece of that. That's enough food for today. I refuse to eat again and break my fast! It will be 19-20 hours depending when I eat breakfast tomorrow. Maybe I will sleep better if I have an empty stomach.

I was reading about that and most articles say not to sleep with an empty stomach. To eat something small before bed. But we are all different and in the past it worked best for me to have an empty stomach. It's just not always easy to not snack especially when DH is eating.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #55  

Carol Sue I also sleep better on an empty stomach than I do eating before bed.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:01 AM   #56  

Wt is down to 192. It stopped at 191.8 but then popped up to 192. It's funny that it does that. I got 5+ hours of sleep last night which isn't great but is better than the 3+ I had the two nights before.

Happy Birthday Shaybelle!! Hope you get to have the breakfast you want and enjoy the rest of your day.

Trish, there used to be cookbooks of Copycat recipes. The only one I ever tried were the cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster. I don't know how good the other recipes are. We really miss having LJS and don't know why they closed here. DH loves fried fish but I never make it. It's too messy. I hate frying things with all the grease splatter. He finally found a restaurant that has fish he likes but they don't really have anything for me. They have 2 things, Scrod dinner or Eggplant parm that I would like but both meals are $15 and I like to order something smaller. I ordered stromboli last time but I brought half home and threw it out. I hate to be wasteful.

I don't know what we're having today. DH likes Texas Roadhouse but I prefer going on a weekday. It's not as crowded and the prices are lower. They no longer have much that I like. I don't like to order something I can make at home but their pulled pork and ribs were not great last time, or maybe I just don't like them anymore. I was recently thinking that there is no where that you can order roasted chicken legs. I can make them at home but DH doesn't like them. I no longer like fried chicken. I don't like the thick crunchy coating. My MIL. used to just dip it in seasoned flour and it made a nice light coating. So many good restaurants closed around here. All that's left is Italian restaurants and pizza shops.

So I hope to do some exercise today. I don't have any pain. Last night I was reading about exercises for seniors to strengthen the legs. They are some of the ones I do, like modified squats. And I just love my new bike. I have recommended it on Amazon and received a couple questions from people asking me about it. There is nothing I don't like about it. I am also going to pull out my Thighmaster. I'm glad I didn't toss it out. It's in my spare room. I can do that while watching tv. I hope to be in better shape by New Year. Sometimes I get depressed thinking I will never get my muscles and fitness back but I know if I keep doing thIs I will. Each time I do it I'm one day closer.​​​​

Old 09-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #57  

I just thought about the roasted chicken legs and realized that the reason restaurants don't have them because they are usually eaten with your hands whereas breasts are eaten with a knife and fork. KFC is casual dining.

Trish, when people get fried chicken at Cracker Barrel do they pick it up with their hands?

I received my new bottle of MCT capsules so I guess I will continue taking it. It doesn't seem to be doing anything unless it is stopping the leg pain. My first bottle was 1000 mg and said to take 1 a day. I was taking 2. I figured out that 14 a day would equal the customary dose of the oil. This new bottle is huge! It says 3000 mg but states that 3 capsules = 3000 mg so they are 1000 mg capsules.. It says to take 3 capsules 3 times a day, up to 5 times a day. That's 15 per day, similar to what I figured out. I am afraid to take that many. I read that the oil only stays in your body for 2-3 hours and has to be repeated. I would not take that much unless it was causing the fat to fall off! It helps with hunger, but I rarely get hungry anyway. Hunger is not my issue. It's see-food. In my opinion this is possibly helping with inflammation and maybe helping with gut bacteria. I will probably continue to take 2 or maybe 3.

I am also going to try taking my magnesium again. I was reading how a shortage effects so many medical conditions and how elderly people are low. So I will try it to see if anything changes. I want to read Magnesium Miracle but don't want to spend the money if it's just going to say the same thing as I've already read online. Also there are several different types of magnesium and different ones are recommended for different conditions.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-13-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #58  

I just finished 30 minutes of gentle exercise. I do not do high intensity but I was sweating by the time I was through. I am so out of shape that gentle exercise is a workout for me. I hate it but I push myself to do it because I want to improve my muscle strength.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #59  

Shaybelle I hope it will be a great one.

Carol Sue I am very much in favor of taking whatever supplements that helps us. I do think we have to use wisdom and use them carefully so as not to over do. I have wanted to try MCT oil pills although the liquid caused problems for my stomach. But not sure I can do that on WW because it seems to more FF so I haven't done it.

I don't like to fry with oil for the same reason as you. I used to use those screens but they didn't work all that well. I really miss having my air fryer but DH didn't like a lot of foods cooked in it. However, I watched a woman on WW who cooked in it and what she did was that she breaded her chicken with her low pts breading and then sprayed it on both sides with some kind of Pam like spray before she put it in the air fryer and it made a beautiful crust. I would like to find a smaller one but haven't seen one yet. I still could cook DH fries in oil but I could cook mine in the air fryer.

As for the fried chicken at Cracker Barrel, BIL did eat them with his hands. I've thought about ordering it as a take out and bring it home to eat. It is next door to KFC and DH could get his cold slaw at KFC and then drive next door to CB and get their fried chicken. They are the only ones who makes a baked fish like I like it. I sure wish that I knew how to cook fish that way but didn't see a copy cat recipe for it. Maybe I could google it.

I noticed since I've been on WW that I am no longer having stomach problems. Not sure why. I've been seeing an ad online but haven't read anything about it that tomatoes causes joint pain. I hate hearing that because that is what make my salad so good. I bought some regular cucumbers this time and they must be raising them differently because they just don't taste as good. I eat cukes because they are supposed to be good for joint pain. I saw on tv how they have found a way to raise so much of our food without seeds and I wonder if that is why we have some of the problems we have.

I made the angel food cake with pineapple yesterday for something sweet. Not sure if it is 4 pts or 7 pts, but I had the pts either way. You just take a box of cake mix and mix in a can of crushed pineapple. I saw on the FB WW that some people even take the cake mix and add sugar free pie filling. One lady said she used cherry and I think that would be good too. Most people don't care for the sugar free cake mix because it gives them stomach issues.

No change with my weight or FBG which is good I guess. I have to assume my body is adjusting to what I've lost. I have seen the scale try to go to 189 but it bounces back to 190.8. I can't change it at this time so I have to just ride it out.

I hope everybody will have a blessed Sunday.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #60  

Trish, the reason I don't like taking supplements is because unless tested, I don't know if my body is lacking in that supplement, and some are dangerous if you have too much. Also, I take so many meds I don't know if they interact. For example, I take Vit D 5 days a week because I spend very little time in the sun. But I don't know if my Vit D is low. I see no sign that it's doing anything. I take that because my friends doctor told her to take that. He told her to take 5000 mg so she took 10,000 mg thinking more is better. He told her no, to go back to 5000 mg. Water soluble vitamins will get peed out if you take too much. Fat soluble will not and others will not. Some can damage your liver.

I love baked fish and would like to know what it's like at Cracker Barrel. Maybe we will go this week. We might have to ask directions once we get into the town.

I have to stop buying the burritos at Walmart. They are so good but they are small, and 350 calories and 25 gm of carb!! and I ate 2 of them! Yikes!!
Closed Thread