Old 10-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 217/189/150

Height: 5'3

I know I should be upset that my weight is up to 191.8 but I know the low yesterday was because of the potty issues the day before. None yesterday or last night so I'm no longer dehydrated. So be it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:37 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

No real changes here accept that my FBG was 95 this morning. It was 98 yesterday so I'm going to settle into my WW Blue plan and not worry about the weight. It was still 190.4 so I am happy about that, but I am really thrilled that my FBG is even better. That is a good sign to me that #1 the plan is good for keeping the diabetes in remission and it reminds me that I am basically healthy which is more than what a lot of 77 yr olds can say. So no complaints here.

I did sleep a good 7 hrs last night and then just laid in bed and prayed a while which is my favorite part of my day. I think I really need that 7 hrs because when I don't get it the weight seems to go up some. I changed my WI day to Saturdays which is the way I did it for years back in SC and it feels right for me. I've already got 3 pts rolled over for today.

I still love IE (Intuitive Eating) for those lurkers who don't know what that is. I know that IErs would say I'm not really doing IE because I count pts, but hey this is my woe plan. I love the rules of eat only when you are really hungry, eat what you really want and savor every bite, and then stop eating when you are satisfied. The 23 pts allowed on WW blue plan just gives me a guideline as to how much I can have and lose weight. I like that because it is too easy for me to over eat when I do IE alone. This way no food is off limits and maybe once I get the portions under real control, I can eventually just do IE. After all IE is basically the way I always ate before I learned to eat 3 meals and snacks and gained weight.

Have a blessed Sunday Chicks.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:47 PM   #183  

Trish, 2 meals and no snacks works best for me in 8 or so hours. I track on MFP because it syncs to my Fit bit and I like to compare my calories eaten to my calories burned. This is even though I don't believe in CICO. In fact, M FP. Is a guess at best since the foods I eat are rarely listed on there. I have no way to know which chili on there is the same as mine. It is most useful for canned or boxed foods. The pizza we buy is from a family owned shop not a chain so I guessed at the calories. I usually pick the highest count to be sure. I know if I eat more protein and fewer carbs I lose and blood sugar is best .

You have greatly improved your blood sugar. That's very important. You are very healthy compared to my DH who is the same age, and healthier for sure than I am. That's like my BFF. She is very healthy, too but she has had cancer. Thank God it never came back.

I am making chili today. I love it but rarely make it because it is not a favorite for DH. He will tolerate it for me sometimes.

The Steeler game was postponed so DH has nothing to do.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #184  

Location: USA (SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs

S/C/G: 0/-28/-70

Smile Ticker changing day!

Carol: Hang in there with the ups and downs! The downs will eventually stick!
Trish: Such great results- happy it is working for you!
Shaybelle: Hope you've found some pain relief and that your OMAD challenge is going well!
Mad: Glad to hear you have a solid plan. Totally with you on getting the most out of these last 3 months before Christmas!

Great news! I am able to confirm a loss of 1.5 lb. I will update my ticker (well, I really mean my sidebar but ticker is much more fun to say) today from -22.5 to -24. For reference, the last time I was able to confirm a loss was June 18! So for me, this is very exciting as I've done my best to stay the course since then. At times, I was exceedingly frustrated. Unfortunately, neither of my other health indicators (FBS, BP) are improved.

There is a calculator by the NIH that will figure out a calorie target for you to lose a certain amount of weigh by a certain time. I have the numbers for what it would take to lose 15 pounds between now and the end of the year. It will be challenge. Definitely doable for a normal person. Too bad for me my body is much more persnickety so the probability of me actually meeting the goal is low. I will give it a go anyway. I just really want to lose a little bit each month.

I finished my triathlon this week. To my great surprise, I am second for my age division! Unbelievable! The only thing the first place winner beat me in was the bike portion. Had I known I was a contender, I could have pushed myself harder on the bike. Ah well, next year! The 'run' section was the huge victory for me. I always have to walk it. However, this is the first time I have ever been able to do it without stopping or switching shoes to try to find some relief.

Fall thread results summary: | |

Last edited by Pipsicle; 10-04-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #185  

Carol Sue Chili sounds so good but it isn't cool enough for it here. I thought about going back to using MFP but haven't decided to. I did well on it for a long time, but some things didn't work on my pc any more and I never was sure why. I also have a problem with the fact that I didn't know how to count some of the food as I think some people just stuck whatever they wanted it to be. There were times I would put the accurate counts in there from my product, but that gets tiresome. Also it limits the sodium more than I am supposed to and I hated it going into the red. However, I would still use it if I wasn't doing WW.

For now, I think we both need to realize how far we have come and all we have accomplished. You do have a lot of health problems that you work very hard to keep under control and that is something that you need to realize. My health was going in the wrong direction because of the blood sugar and weight. I need to remember that my highest weight in I first started really working at this was 265 lbs. I now weigh 190.4. It took me a lot of years to get it under control and 6 months after I married DH 17 yrs ago I got down to 165 and gained back up into 230s when I started working to get back down to where I am now. So we both have come a long way to get where we are so I think we should be proud of ourselves.

Pipsicle You go girl. Talking about someone who should be so proud of themselves for their accomplishments. You take the prize young lady. It is wonderful how you have not allowed your health problems stop you. winning 2nd place in your division. Also contratulations on your confirmed 1.5 lb loss.

Old 10-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #186  

I too am very proud of you Pipsicle. You did great! Good for you on the loss, too. I think you are going to see much better results now that you have the devices for your feet.

Trish, I think its wonderful that you and your DH don't have any serious medical issues. Most of the people I know in our age group have had some type of heart issue, but you have none and not even any indicators. For me its anybody's guess who will go first, DH or I. We have both had our share. I will try to hang on to quality of life.

My chili turned out great. I don't plan on eating anything else today. My bloodwork is at 9 am and it is fasting so I have to remember no coffee when I get up tomorrow. That is the hardest part.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #187  

Eating day is over and I have 7 pts left for the day. I will lose 3 as only 4 can be rolled over to tomorrow. It was a good day.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #188  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends; 157 again today, I ate supper last night. I managed to make it a normal size supper, not making up for fasting all day. I have an ultrasound this am, that I have to fast for, so I will plan to fast today and eat tomorrow, Fast Wednesday and do OMAD on Thursday. Its a travel day with DD to get to the cottage. Then 2 MAD on Friday, OMAD Saturday, 2 Mad Sunday and fast on Monday as we come home.
There will be no complete fast days at the cottage, that will be too much for me to handle. DD and I will plan the supper menus this week for that weekend. She is going away to do a course after our Thanksgiving weekend and DH and the dog will be at the cottage, so I will have several days on my own. I am hoping and planning to do more fasting then, perhaps a long fast of 2-3 days. With no one else eating to tempt me, I hope to just stay out of the kitchen altogether.
My liver is getting worse, not improving. I have been using CBD oil to help with insomnia, so that is going out now too, as there doesn't seem to be good data, or good enough to assure me it has no effect on the liver.
So far, other than feeling tired a lot (which could be so many other things) I don't have any real symptoms of liver disease, no jaundice, no pain, no major digestive issues. I really hope to get this taken care of without going on steroids. The blood tests don't show an autoimmune reason for this ever worsening issue.

Pipsicle; I am so please for you to get that pound and a half off, its always a struggle for you, but you have stayed the course. That in itself is an accomplishment.
And 24 pounds down overall is nothing to sneeze at.
Friends: I hope everyone has a good start to the week and we all do well following our plans.

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #189  

Mad, I hope you have a good week and get good results from the fasting. I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the liver. I'm surprised I don't with all the meds I take.

I'm up to 192.2 today. I want to throw the scale away. DH told me to quit weighing but that's not the answer. I'm doing this, can't blame the scale. I have to start throwing food out instead of finishing it all.

DGS goes to middle school today, first day for them in-school school instead of online at home. They went camping over the weekend at a crowded campground. They live in an area with low virus cases but its there all the same. I hope they are all ok.

No coffee for me today. Have to get ready for bloodwork.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everyone.

I'm still kicking and working the plan. Trying to figure out my stuff. I am out of my normal cannabis regimen and have been trying cope without my nighttime strain and just medicating during the day its not working too effectively. I have ordered more but am just subject to delivery times. I have to pay attention to all this so as not to affect my mental health. Lack of sleep is like fuel for the rocket I can become. LOL You wanna see me lose weight and morph into Richard Simmons then watch me not sleep for a week. Then....watch me spiral down like duck that's been shot out of the skies. So yeah I have been trying to get to 23:1 to break through my stall and I have found that 23:1s suck and I will have to just live with 20:4s as my highest amount of time I will fast and not everyday. 23:1 simply is not sustainable for me especially with school. I cant concentrate.

Madeleine - I actually walk jogged the other day around the block and didn't die! Almost had an asthma attack but I'll take my inhaler next time to get the tar out. I wondered why I wasnt coughing or hacking after quitting smoking 8 months ago. It was lying in wait for me to exercise. LOL I hope your appt. goes well. Let me know. I have the MRI next week in the middle of the night. They want me to take out the bridge piercing. I never have. 4 years ago when I had the MRI they made me take out my piercings in the chest area and they closed up quickly in 4 hours. I think I will get a plastic retainer to keep it open. Its on my face so i have to treat that delicately. One last question about fatty liver, if you do low carb and moderate to low fat could the ketosis help deplete the fat stores in liver? Or was that your line of thinking with the LCHF?

Pipsicle - Congratulations on the triathlon! That's amazing. I hope to be an sporty type person soon. That is inspirational.

Carol - I love chili but I don't like beans. This one lady in one of my groups made a chunky steak chili with no beans. It looked so good. I think I will try it when it gets just a little colder. I run hot so its not cold enough for me to eat it or I'll sweat. I have been sweating for a week and I'm ready to stop. LOL. I hope your blood work comes out great.

Patty - Any plans for those extra points?
Shaybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #191  

Carol Sue Good luck on the blood work. Sorry about the bounce up in the weight. We all have those times, I'm sure you will get it worked out.

Shaybelle Actually no, I have no plans for the extra pts. They are just there if I need them or incase I miss calculated on some other pts item. I lost some of them because only 4 pts a day can roll over. Good for you going out for the walk. I used to do long fasts without even thinking about it when I did IE because I only ate if and when I was hungry and I just didn't get hungry. So it was natural for me to long on fasts as my lifestyle but I've never been able to do it much since I was erroneously told it was dangerous to go longer than 5 hrs without eating. I wish I had never met that woman online who had worked with the IE clinic who told me that. Now I have eaten "normal" for so long that I find it difficult to go on very long fasts. I used to do 20:4 or 19:5 to get my FBG back down to normal because I learned that if I waited 5 hr between meals for 2 meals and a snack, that my bs was always in the normal range by the time I ate the next meal. That would mean a 10 hr eating window and who knows; that might be the way for me to do IF but it is stuck in my mind to eat those meals and snack within 8 or 9 hrs. I have read of people doing 12:12 IF ratios and losing weight so perhaps 14:10 would work just as well, but I've never tried it. I still like IE eating only when hungry.

Fatmad I too was wondering if there is a way to repair the liver with diet or at least improve it. I hope your test gives you some better news. Did the CBD cause the damage? I see one of those things online all the time about the reasons not to use it, but I've never watched or read it. I've even heard that it helps with diabetes but I understand it can legally be used in TX but never been brave enough to try it. Just wondering.

Well I was blessed with a new low today of 189.4. I think 189.8 is the lowest I've seen in a long time. Not sure if I will be able to hold on to it but glad to see it. Just the fact that I saw it today means that it is possible. We are going out to eat today and I will make this similar to a CAD with a protein shake for breakfast and a protein shake for dinner

We are going to have the car washed and to Aldi's and decided to go use the Olive Garden card we got for Christmas last year from DH son. I surely hope they don't send us another one this year as it is so far over there that we never go. Any way, I went on line and I will 2/3 order of Shrimp Scampi for 9 pts, a breadstick 4 ots and I will eat about half the salad with their salad dressing 2 pts for a total of 15 pts. Add that to my 2 protein shakes I will have 4 pts left to roll over to tomorrow.

Hope we all have a good OP day today.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #192  

Lunch meal was about 200 calories less than the dinner serving according to the menu and I still only ate 1/2 of it. So I had to guesstimate the pts. Otherwise lunch went as planned. I decided to use all my pts for today plus the 5 that we rolled over from past 2 days. And I have totally enjoyed it. Back OP tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #193  

We did so much running around today. I was exhausted and fell asleep when I got home I had ice cream today and a hamburger for dinner so I don't expect a good number on the scale tomorrow. I might not even get weighed.

Good for you for the 189, Trish. Hopefully I'm not far behind you. I guess your body is back in losing mode again.

We have a couple gift cards for Outback steakhouse. Step daughter gave them to us twice. They are a couple years old. I will have to check online and see if they are still good. We never go there because coming home we will get stuck in traffic from everyone coming home from Pittsburgh. I really don't want to waste them, though. I would love to go to Olive Garden, Applebees and Chili's. I don't think I can talk DH into Olive Garden, though. We have only been there once. Another thing I would like to try is the Nacho bowl they have been advertising from Taco Bell but we rarely go there, either. It looks like it is something small even though its not diet food. I should get my mind off food.

Shaybelle, I love beans. DH does not so I mash them up with a fork so he doesn't see them in there. They say beans are very healthy.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #194  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI friends: 156 today after fasting yesterday. I WAS easier without DH here, but I did miss him and Buddy last night. I went for a walk while DD made her supper. She made something light and didn't take long so that helped my temptation. I am sleeping ok, using Gravol to help me sleep without the CBD oil.
Yes, the fasting and low carb are both supposed to help fatty liver. Weight loss in general is supposed to be helpful for all the visceral fat. However, the ultrasound is not very specific, just says its there. I kept the appointment even though the specialist is ordering the other scan, but I don't have an appointment for that yet. She has not called about the blood tests either, I have been looking them up on line.
I would not be alarmed per se about these numbers, most docs don't get too excited until they are over 100 or 150. But the thing is, I am doing all this stuff to bring the numbers down. Its not steady or dropping, its going up. So good reason to nip it in the bud if we can.

I can't go off the singulair (an oral asthma and allergy med) until after Hallowe'en, when the pollen counts are low enough to manage my allergies without it. Depending on when they want the next blood work, I would wait and see if going off the CBD oil helped first. Will see what they say.

There is very little in my deep freeze here for supper, as DD won't eat seafood, so the shrimp and scallops I have there won't do for her. Will wait until she gets up and then go to market for some lamb or something to enjoy with her. Or maybe she will make a vegetarian curry tonight or something for our supper. After DH lets us know what is left in the freezer at the cottage we will plan our meals and menus for our trip there.

I hope Shay and I can manage our Thanksgiving weekend without weight gain!

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Morning.

Last night was crazy. I ate spicy pork about 1pm yesterday. It was fatty and greasy but I love spicy and greasy in sauces..not deep fried stuff but i love fatty pork. Pork belly is my jam. But I think I over did it with the Korean pepper. It was good going down but 12 hours later!!!! So I finally get myself to sleep and I wake up just before 3am like choking. It happens sometimes but hadnt happened in a long time. I keep tums by the bedside table for this reason. If I dont eat hours before sleep which I hadnt. I had been fasting for 7 hours by the time I fell asleep. I was about to aspirate it but it was burning that area just before it blocks off your lungs. I flew up! It was burning! LOL Water didnt help. I guzzled some milk and I cant even drink that really. I popped 2 tums. Part of my mind was like "oh nos our fast!" and the other part of me is like "get over yourself. Its a lifestyle not a death camp!" Never really did go completely away so i just turned on my tummy and went to sleep that way. Its not the most comfy but I was tired. I had it once with my CPAP on and that was not great either. So I will have to avoid greasy sauces.

Homework is coming along. French isnt the only thing I'm taking btw. I just had crappy time management but I created a study schedule and have been following it. I have my Cannabis Educator course as an add on to my public health that I started last march. I have what I really want to do as a second career my Travel & Tourism. I signed up for that because I always thought it would be a fun job. Its a prep course for the Provincial exam. And the French for sheets and giggles.

Carol - Sleep is much about the same. I ran out of the daytime one too. smh. However, by some stroke of genius I bought an emergency stash of the day time because its hard to find. Don't know what I'm going to do . Its schedule to go out of production with the licensed grower and maybe off the menu for 6 months. It was 6 months last time. I plan to try to grow the strain at home this spring because I cant take this prescription uncertainty. My Cannabis Education course teaches about growing it as well. Also, I don't mind beans. I love pinto and refried beans but I detest Red Kidney beans which my mom used to load up in the chili and even make bean stew with it. she LOVED beans. Always cooking them. 4 days a week. Now I'm OK with not having them often.

Madeleine - I don't think Thanksgiving will be a problem for me. Since we are not allowed to celebrate with people outside our household, my DD is staying at the dorms. My son is with his GF and her family and so I will not do anything fancy. DH said why not do something small...like real small...lol part of me wants to order in Swiss Chalet and call it a day. Might just! LOLz Glad you found some ME time to just make your fasting easier. And visceral fat is hard. I had lost 85lbs and was doing a skin consult and the plastic surgeon didn't speak English well and he told me "You have fat guts!" I went home feeling pretty sheety because he said he couldn't do the tummy tuck until when I lay down flat on my back, my stomach is flat or concave. So i have been using that measure to judge when I am goal. But I'm far from even trying that yet. Also, in 2016 I was told I had "a little bit of a fatty liver" whatever quantity "a little bit" is. I don't know if it was neglect or not worth mentioning again but that was said to me once. So I guess after I lose some more weight and get a new physician, I will ask about it. My blood work was excellent so maybe that is why they didn't mention it.

Patty - My intuition about eating broke a while ago. The thing is I am this fat and I dont eat much. Its probably what i was eating instead of quantity. I'm just trying to find a way to make this sustainable.
Shaybelle is offline   Reply With Quote