Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Wt is down .4 to 193.4. It seems that I'm staying on plan so well and wt should go down faster. But I will try to be patient. I was very hungry last night but I think that was from seeing DH eating those things I like. When the scale is down the next day I know I made the right choice. I did drink a lot of water. I bought diet coke to have it in the house but it doesn't interest me much anymore. I just drink black coffee and ice cold water.

And my blood sugar was only 97 this am.

We only went to Applebee's twice and one time was because we had a gift card. I like it because there are different things to choose. DH really likes to eat the same things over and over. He wants to go to new places but then he doesn't see anything on the menu he wants. He likes to get a salad with his dinner and they don't give them. I don't like that they don't give any bread or rolls. It saves them a lot of money to not give rolls when you multiply the cost of them by the number of guests they get. But it is close to our house. I will look up their menu and find something for DH to order. There are a lot of restaurants we never go to because they are $$$. There are also so many Italian Restaurants in our town! We don't like Italian, Mexican or Asian. I would go there but DH would not. He is not adventurous with food. It is very hard to cook for him. He just likes to go out and sit down to be served, but doesn't like the food.

Last night on the radio they said they don't know if there will ever be a reliable vaccine. This was almost gone in China and now it's starting again. This might be the way we live for the rest of our lives, Trish. Or maybe someday it will just be gone. That would be nice.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I always say that I don't care for Applebee's but I found it difficult to eat there when low carbing. However, if I remember correctly they did have foods that were WW friendly when I did WW. I would love to go for Mexican food but DH isn't big on it so we don't go. He will eat tacos so I make those at home. We both will eat Italian but hard to eat healthy on Italian We still have a gift card for Olive Garden and since they are going to close a lot of restaurants this year, we need to use it before they decide to close ours. We have the only one in our area so not sure they will close it. We used to eat at Chili's in SC but ours is too far from us. Also we do love BBQ but it has sugar so we can't eat it with watching blood sugar. However, we are able to get one now that I do WW that is sugar free so we buy it and I cook bbq meals at home. We have also found a ketchup that is NSA that DH uses. I don't care for ketchup so that is no problem for me. I've been wanting to go to the steakhouse to eat when everybody can go again. BIL has a birthday this month so maybe we can go to celebrate it.

Well, I was right not to change my weight yesterday. I'm back down to 197.6 this morning but my FBG is 121. I'm thinking that because of the BS control that I may have to eat some protein. The night before I had French toast with SF jelly on it and my FBG was under 100 the next day. So I will have to play that out. I did learn one thing about my system. I went to bed last night at 12:45 and didn't get up until just before 9 am getting a good 8 hrs in bed and I didn't have any potty problems this morning plus my weight was right on. I'm going to shoot for 2MAD + a light evening meal but do it within 8 hrs and see what happens. I'm reading a lot of things right now but going to read a lot more in Circadian Code and maybe finish it today. But after I read some yesterday I wondered the same thing you did about whether it is as important about what we eat as it is when we eat it. As long as it doesn't cause me to gain, I think I will test that. I'm not a breakfast person but I love brunch so will have that so I don't have those shakey situations like have had lately. Then I will cook a good meal for DH and me and have a protein snack to end the eating window. I don't remember if it was this book or the other one that said even a 12 hr eating window would work. I have no intentions of a 12 hr, but that tells me that if I go a little longer than 8 such as the time I forget and don't get hungry until the 9th hr that it isn't going to mess things up.

As for the virus thing, I still don't know who is right and who is wrong, but I do know that I personally will follow whatever our governor or may says. Right now they are going to fine you if you don't wear it so I will wear it. Not to be political because I don't want to break rules around here, but I heard an argument between to officials yesterday asking why some places say it is unhealthy to get together to worship in church but it is okay for thousands to gather to riot. As he said, the inconsistency of the rules cause more problems for people to know what to do. However, it would be much easier if they would let it be a "health" problem without the politics. But it is what it is and I will do the best I can to obey the law because I can't afford a $200 or higher fine for not wearing it and I want to be as safe as possible.

I hope we all have a great OP and safe day.

Old 07-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #198  

Trish, I don't think they will try to stop the protesters because it is a constitutional right to protest. I don't think there would be any way to stop them if they tried. A lot of churches are having services in cars in the parking lot. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I spent the day doing my federal and state taxes. It was complicated because I took that lump sum pension rollover. It wasn't really hard but I didn't know how to do it but I just followed along in the instructions. If I did it wrong I'm sure they will tell me! I put it off because I wasn't sure but I only had 4 days left! That is a big stress lifted off my mind.

Now I want to center my attention on decluttering my house. They cancelled our annual yard sale so I will donate some. Maybe I can put some stuff in the attic in case they do the yard sale next year. When DH and I are gone his kids will inherit all the junk in the attic!!

I think they said that 12 hours should be the longest eating window you should have. A newby could start with that and gradually make it shorter.

Good for you seeing the 190s again. I'm going to go relax and hope for good numbers tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:59 PM   #199  

Well I did a longer eating window today. Almost 10 hrs but they were 3 meals 5 hrs apart. I think I need to buy some more diet drinks. They are allowed on WW and knowing I can have one at night often takes the place of eating. I'll have to think it over. I've never drank more than 1 a day. I'm just not sure. I did go over my daily pts today which I don't like doing. However, I really want to fast now until DH and I have our main meal tomorrow. Since we decided not to go to church while we have to wear masks in church, we will also go back to eating breakfast for our main meal on Sunday.

I am so tired of food right now and hate having to plan meals. The steaks I brined over night were tender although they were not really a great quality. No real flavor. I remember my BIL telling me when I complained about the ones I cooked before from Walmart told me to watch because sometimes they were coming from Mexico and they were tougher. So I have no idea where these came from.

Carol Sue I know you are glad to get all those taxes done. DS had to do hers twice this year because IRS seemed to have lost the one she did before April 15.

Goodnight.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #200  

My eating window was long too, maybe 14 hours. I did not fast and I thought I overate but I'm down again .4. After I went to bed about 10 or 11 I came out and ate a hard cooked egg. They were in the refrigerator from when DH made them yesterday. So I remembered they were there and wanted one. God did me a favor. "Carol, I won't give you a bump up this time but don't make it a habit!" he says. It's not like I ate cake or cookies or a sandwich. But I did eat and it broke my fast and extended my eating window. Life goes on.

Today I will try to enter my taxes online. If I can't do it I will mail them in. I never did this online before. One time I did one that was supposed to be free and when I got to the end it asked for my credit card. So I backed out all the information and mailed it. I should have DGS here. He would know how to do it. LOL
Old 07-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #201  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Exclamation Confirmed loss in danger!

Carol: Taxes- blah! I hope filing online goes smoothly!
Trish: Congrats on staying in onederland!
Mad: Hope things are going well!

We have an Applebees near us. Four or five years ago it was awful. However, they either got new management or it was a corporate revamp because now they are pretty good. We were going there for lunch fairly frequently before the pandemic. They have a lot of nice choices that are 600 calories or less.

I'm not doing very well at all. For almost two weeks, I double my intended calorie deficit and increased my exercise. However, my weight is slowly going up as well as my FBS and BP. The hard work never translated to the scale and on Friday, I over ate by a lot. Yesterday I was thinking all about how I needed to try harder and cut things back even more. Unfortunately, my subconscious is on to me and I bought 2 bags of candy while I was at the grocery store. It was almost like I was sleep walking. I stayed within calories yesterday though. We will see today what happens. Off to a terrible start as I had six mini Reese peanut butter cups as part of my breakfast and I want to eat even more. My appetite has been out of control for the last several days.

I will not be checking in next Sunday. I will be on a real and proper vacation. I know many folks would describe any unnecessary travel as stupid and foolish. To that I would say, life is short and the risks can be minimized by taking a few precautions.

Summer thread results summary: |

Last edited by Pipsicle; 07-12-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #202  

Pipsicle So sorry you are having a difficult time. I'm really struggling lately myself and working to do better. I think it is okay for you to go on a trip and as you say there are ways to minimize the risks. DH and I would love to make some changes but can't at this time so I say go for it. I think this "having" to stay closed in or at least limited as to what we can and can't do is making it difficult for everybody. I'm on several WW groups and everybody is having a hard time. I hope you have a great vacation and w will look forward to hearing about it when you return.

Carol Sue Congratulations on the .4 down. I think I remember having a boiled egg at night worked for you before because of it being protein. You are mostly doing low carb and it shouldn't be a problem. I ended up messing up last night because I got hungry and ate some store brand type of Ritz crackers. I love those things and when I'm finish eating the last package, I am not going to even allow them in my house again. I really need to think about eating more low carbish because I think I could keep protein snacks around because when I get hungry that is really what I want.

Well the consequence of my crackers last night, my weight bounced back up to 198.8 however, my FBG was down to 111 so it isn't all bad. I haven't had anything today except coffee. I will break my fast in a little while to make up for it. Plus I ended up not going to bed until 2 am so I didn't get a full nights sleep so that affects weight too. So at least I know why and what to do to get things back on track.

I think Fatmad has been on call lately if I remember correctly. So I hope things are going well for you Mad and that you are being safe and healthy.

Y'all have a blessed Sunday Everyone.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #203  

Hope you have a great vacation, Pipsicle. I don't blame you for wanting to get away. Hope you come back refreshed!!

Trish, I bought a box of Cheezits, and luckily it was a small box because I had it gone in two days. I too don't know why I even buy that stuff. It used to be when I wanted something I would buy a single serving and that worked. I like Ritz too, even the store brand ones. I only buy them when entertaining around the holidays when I have dips and spreads to eat with them. I have to stay out of those aisles at the stores.

I have already passed 1000 calories today, closer to 1200, so I don't want dinner. I hope I can stick to it.

I decided not to do taxes online. Too complicated. I already have everything written out and copied so I will just mail them tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #204  

Carol Sue It is probably a good idea to mail the taxes. If I remember right DS ended up mailing hers in after doing them on line because they never showed that she had sent them in April. Everything is so messed up right now so it probably will be safer.

I still haven't eaten and DH has decided since it is hot to mow the lawn before we eat. So I will end up with at least a 20 hr fast before I eat today. That should give me a really good jump start back OP and I hope I can make our breakfast for dinner my only meal today.

Here's hoping we both are able to make our goals today.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #205  

Trish, I think if I had a more basic return without the rollover or the gambling winnings and if I did it early in the year I would try it online, but under the circumstances I don't want to risk it. Then there's always the chance that it will get lost in the mail! LOL. On the state, I think we qualify for tax forgiveness but I'm not sure. I'm going to assume we do and if not, I'm sure they will tell me.

Good for you on the long fast!
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 PM   #206  

I actually ended with 4 1/2 hr eating window today. I won't have as long a fast tomorrow but I may be able to keep my eating window fairly low. As far as I know I had 2 daily pts to roll over to tomorrow. I am fairly happy with this day. I hope things will get better and better as days go by. Till tomorrow. Good night.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:38 AM   #207  

Wt stayed the same, 193. I have to be ☺ it wasn't a bump up. I ate last night again but I ate a plain boiled potato. I crave weird things, but at least it is not junk food.

Now I'm reading a book about why we overeat and how to stop it. It says the impulses come from the brain. Once you are trained to do something, such as overeating, you can change the behavior but you can slip back into the old behavior in an instant and that may continue for a lifetime. Such as a drug addict can be clean for a long time then all of a sudden they are using again.. This can also be applied to night snacking. I am early into the book and am wondering how he's going to say to stop it. This is so true. He said you can overeat something for the pleasure you get from eating it even though you know from the past that you will feel terrible afterwards when you are stuffed. I can relate to that.

My weight problem comes from habitual overeating that has nothing to do with hunger. I will probably battle that issue for a lifetime, but I'd like to get it under control enough to reach a healthier weight.

I recorded 2 shows and I want to watch them before DH gets up.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #208  

Carol Sue I'm glad your weight stayed the same. Mine is back down to 197.8 and I'm happy with that. That is .2 lbs higher than the low, but I am happy to see that since I really didn't do quite as well as I had hoped. I think sticking to less than 5 hr eating window helped a lot. I am also learning that I can't eat a lot of carbs. I have a few Ritz crackers left and ate them with my final meal and I noticed that my FBG was up to 120. So I'm thinking I need to not eat any starchy carbs later in the day. I'll have to think about that.

Interesting about the book you are reading. I have been thinking about how I ate when thin and how my baby sister eats and how our Mama used to eat. You know I've shared about how in the summer I couldn't find anything to eat during the day because the fridge was empty and I wondered if Mama realized that we ate lunch at school. I thought about that this morning. She would go out for coffee with friends most of her life, at least when we were in school, and they always ate a sweet roll with their coffee. She fed that to us at home for breakfast except that I wasn't a sweet eater back then so I didn't eat it. That was why I was looking for food around lunch time. I realized that probably most of Mama's married life, she ate her sweets meal with coffee every morning and then she would cook supper and eat with us. Although she had a weight problem, she kept her weight down some by eating only 2 meals a day. I think the most she ever weighed was 145 lbs. When my baby sister stayed with us when Daddy passed away, she drank coffee all day long and half the night. Once a day she would make herself a big tuna salad which she would not eat until she got hungry and then it might last her 2 and some times 3 days. I think one time she cooked herself some eggs. Her coffee consisted of loads of Stevia and Coffee mate French vanilla creamer. She eats that way most of the time. If she gains weight, she goes on a egg fast until the weight comes back down.

What I see is that she still eats like we always did when we were both thin. I think that I need to train myself to go back to my 2MAD. I suspect that a lot if not all the weight would come back off.

Busy day today. We are going to Sam's Club and Walmart as soon as DH gets up which I hope will be soon. He mentioned getting his cold slaw from KFC so that is on the menu today, but will not be a problem since I haven't eat yet. I don't always do well going so long without eating when I go out so not sure what I need to eat to hold me over. I don't want to feel faint in Walmart.

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #209  

We went to Wal-Mart for a few things, then stopped at Goodwill. This is the first time we've been there since they reopened. They reserve the first hour for seniors and give a 25% senior discount. They were accepting donations the whole time they were closed. Everyone wore masks and aisles were one way. Then I stopped at the local grocery and got a beautiful beef roast.

We ate dinner already so I had a 5-6 hour window. That's what I prefer. I made a casserole with smoked sausage sliced and fried, tomatoes mushrooms and noodles. A very tasty favorite of mine that DH will tolerate once in a while so I only make it a few times a year. Quick and easy.

I can see myself so much in this book. I still overeat, but having a short eating window and a longer fasting window is what saves me. I really want to see what he says about how to stop the overeating and work on that. I know he is right that the taste of the food is so enjoyable when you're eating but when you overeat you feel terrible afterwards. I experience that so often.

He also talks about exercise. People hate to think about exercise. Exercise is so beneficial, but you don't see results for a long time, but if you make yourself continue eventually you will see results and be glad you did it. No one wants to exercise but no one is ever sorry they did it.

This is all mind over matter.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:14 PM   #210  

We got through both Sam's and Walmart pretty good although there were long lines. We still didn't have to stand in line for long. In fact, we got home quicker than usual. I had taken 1 egg and 1 sl SL bread and made myself a 1 pt quick snack to hold me over till we got home to eat. That was going to throw me off because I don't want a long eating window today. However, I at brunch at 12:15 and now I was going to be eating at barely 3 pm. I decided to eat a small at snack at just before 5 pm so I will still have an approximately 5 hr eating window. I hope to not eat anything else this evening so I will have another IF day. I didn't drink enough fluids especially water this morning so I will work to substitute fluids this evening to keep myself hydrated.

Carol Sue I sure need to know what he says about getting back into exercise. When I do get into a habit of exercise I really love it, but I find it so much easier not to do it. I need someone to and get me moving. I just can't get consistent. I have to wonder how much of this "having" to stay home is the problem. With the virus, I only go to the beauty shop and the store. I think I am just have a temper

DH and I used to like to walk through Goodwill, but I forget about them because they are so far from me. In fact, there are a lot of places we used to walk through but now not only do we live so far from those places, but the virus keeps us in. DH 1st wife's DS wants us to move closer to them. That would be moving back to FL. I would love to move back but not sure we ever would or could. I don't like So. FL and they are moving a little further north from where they live now. I looked up where they are moving and it looks like a nice area but they will be about 45 miles from a Sam's or a Walmart. DH and I aren't sure we would want to be that far from shopping areas. Plus her husband wants to move back to PA when he retires. Not sure he will, but we hate moving and then being left behind. We have done that before. Cost of living in that area looks like it would be better but not sure we are up to moving again. Plus no one knows how the country is going to turn out.
Closed Thread