Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm finished eating for the day and within the 8 hr eating window. So today I will have a good IF day. I also was able to end the day with 3 pts to rollover to tomorrow. So today has turned out well. I also decided to track everything and I was able to print it. So I am really pleased.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:27 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 217/187/150

Height: 5'3

Doing good Trish!

My spaghetti dinner was very good, but the carbs put my weight up a pound. What goes up, must come down. Have to stop this maintaining and get back to losing.

Today I am going to highlight my hair. It's just too dark for me and most of the highlights got cut off with the haircut.

Last night I had a dream about a friend from 45 years ago. I wonder what brought that on!!

Today I want to sort clothes for donation.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #78  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Did well yesterday, fasted until supper time. DH bought a supermarket rotisserie chicken, had a leg of that, some cut up veggies with dressing, some berries and cream. Stayed low carb for the day, and rewarded with the scale having the same number today, of 155.
Plan is to eat 2MAD and low carb today, and fasting tomorrow while I am working all day.
DD is home now.
Today is a relaxing morning, with a massage this afternoon, (never did that with a mask on before) and I go to the dentists for a cleaning after that.

Everyone seems to be doing well with eating.
Pipsicle, I hope your blood pressure is at least doing well with you sticking to plan as well.

have a good day friends
Old 06-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #79  

Weight must be real as it stayed at 201.2. It tried to drop to 200.8 twice but kept ending on 201.2. So I like that. FBG is staying under 110 too. So that is still good but hoping to get it back under 100. I believe it will come. I've always heard fiber is the key to lower A1c so I believe it will happen. One other thing I have decided to do is that I am taking the bp pill that I have always taken as a fluid pill. I noticed on the bottle the doctor prescribed it as 1 pill daily. I've decided that since a lot of low WW pts foods are higher in sodium, example sauces, that I need to take it. I think that is actually helping things too. I decided to do that because I noticed that my bp would go higher some days when I ate them so to be safe, I am taking it every day. My regular fluid pill is for preventative measures so I have just added this one. I will discuss that with him when I see him in August.

Had planned to meet DS after her doctors appt this morning but she just text me and said she can't go as she has the shingles. I guess we won't be taking our DH out for Father's Day. Dr. said she can get out again as soon as her sores scab over and she thinks they already are. I am glad because we are all supposed to go to San Angelo in a couple weeks for her DD birthday. We are going just for the weekend and I'm looking forward to going. Daddy told me when DN moved there that we had gone through there when I was young, but I don't remember it. DH and I made our reservations last night. We haven't gone out of town in so long so we are going to make it like a little vacation for us. Oh DS said everyone is wearing masks at doctor's office and they don't take all the vitals even weigh you. They ask you how much you weigh etc.

Carol Sue Your spaghetti sounds good. It was probably water weight from the spaghetti sauce and will come off in a day or two. I don't worry when I know why I have a jump in weight because I know those aren't gains. I'm know I do that with some foods so I've learned to accept that.

I think I'm going to get some ground turkey today at Walmart so I can make us some low point spaghetti and tacos. I'm learning that Walmart seems to be the place to go for a lot of the lower point foods. I also hope that I can find the Joseph's Lavash flat bread so I can make my own tortilla's and also make a lower pt pizza.

Fatmad I knew it wouldn't take long for you to get back into your IF routine. I'm working hard at that too. I have 2 days of 16:8 ration behind me and since DS and I didn't go out, I will work toward that too. I am doing hrs because I am eating a snack just at the end of the 8 hrs so that I won't get hungry at night. I hope to finally work back into the 2MAD, but don't see myself doing OMAD any time soon.

Pipsicle I hope your plan is working better for you this week. As one having taken so long and struggled to find what really works for me, I know what you are feeling. I told DS this morning that it is so nice that I have actually lost 6.2 lbs in 3 weeks which is a great accomplishment for me. So I just want to encourage you not to give up. It will happen.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #80  

Trish, I think my gain is from water weight from the carbs in the pasta. I hardly put any sauce on it, just enough to moisten it. I'm not worried about it.

DH wants a Wendy's hamburger for dinner. So far I don't want anything but it's early. Maybe salad, they have good salads. I can order a half then add more lettuce when I come home.I

Today we had McDonald's breakfast sandwich. Went to Walmart, Dollar Tree and the library. I ordered a book. You call when you're there to pick it up then they bring it out to you. I got Target 100. Some others are reading it and I didn't want it bad enough to pay for it. It has 5 points, the first one being stay under 100 carbs. I forget the others, but I'll let you know. I'm not real enthused about it but want to be able to join the discussion. I can't stop reading diet books. LOL. I also got a PDF on Mindful Eating. This guy writes similar to IE but he doesn't say if you want cookies for dinner, eat cookies. However I have had ice cream for dinner a couple times. Ha Ha!

I wanted to cook a roast but we went out then I highlighted my hair. So that's for tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear your sister has shingles. I hope it is a mild case.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #81  

Carol Sue I know you love having your hair done. I always feel so much better when I feel my hair looks good. Makes me feel more optimistic.

I used to love going to Wendy's for lunch because I could get their salads. That was when I was doing lower carb but not Atkins. DH would always get their burgers and I would usually get salads. I loved their baked potato with broccoli and cheese, but learned to make them at home. The double cheese burger with the bun on it at McDs is 10 pts. I just might come home and make me one of those baked potatoes for lunch. I can do it for 1 pt. Big difference in 10 and 1 pt. LOL Will have to see how I feel after shopping. I sure do have the pts for the burger and fries. I only eat half of DH fries. I am kind of stingy with my pts, but I think I do need to use them. I saw on line that those weekly pts go down later, but not the daily. If I'm not using them, they might decide to lower them.

I have already collected 3 pts more activity pts that my weekly goal as of today. I don't use those, but I have 33 pts and have 3 more days this week to gather so I more than have enough pts to eat the extra weeklies this week and still do good. I am beginning to even really enjoy my exercise. I think it is because I want so badly to be in better shape and be able to walk when I go places. I will take my walker to San Angelo in case I need it, but I would love to not have to use it. However, it will be nice to have it to sit when I need to.

DH DS has decided to come in January instead of August and I really want to be in shape to go all the places they want to see when they come. So having those goals are really helpful. I'm getting excited because I think by my doctor's appt the first week in August that I will be able to be at least in the 190s. Surely I can lose 3 or 4 lbs by then as I would love to weigh 195 if at all possible. 195. Doesn't that sound great after all these years? I can't remember when I was out of the 200s it has been so many years.

Carol Sue I look forward to hearing about the book. I would love to learn how to have more 100 calories foods in my diet plan since I get so few actually pts.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #82  

Trish, I don't think the daily points are ever reduced because it is similar to when MFP won't let you go lower than 1000 calories and when most diets tell you to never go below 1200 calories. Also, it probably is why they don't want you to have more than 3 carry over points, they want you to use them. But I don't know for sure, I'm guessing. When I went to WW meetings they told me that most people don't eat all their points.

This book is about changing habits to lose weight. Similar to IE, know the difference between physical hunger and faux hunger. The Target 100 means Don't eat more than 100 carbs per day, drink 100 oz of water, get 100 minutes of exercise per week, 100 minutes of extra movement per week, 100 minutes of stress relief per week, 100 more minutes of sleep. I don't know what these have to do with changing habits.So far I've just read how to change habits. Things like take a different route to work to avoid the bake shop. Duh!
Old 06-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #83  

Wt is down .8. Sleep ok, 8.8 hours. This is negative 8s.

If this book doesn't get better soon I'm not going to finish it. So far it just seems like common sense.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #84  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

woke up this morning to just under 156, and its a fasting day, so I am starting from a lower place. Did not bad yesterday, mostly stuck to plan, but had a few more carbs than I should have, so pretty happy with not having to pay too much for them. Off to walk my Buddy.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #85  

The book is getting better. It is a 10 week program. You don't make all the changes at once. She says things like if you start a diet that tells you to have a smoothie for breakfast and you don't like smoothies you will fail. You should have 5 different breakfast plans that you can vary so you don't get bored but have things that you like. She also says IF is ok if you are one who doesn't want breakfast. She realizes that some people need breakfast and others are not interested.

Her name is Liz Josefsberg. She is a health coach. If you Google you will find videos etc. She does not promote any eating plan other than under 100 carbs, just lifestyle changes. She used to be associated with WW and some other

It seems to be geared toward someone just starting out. If you already exercise regularly then you could probably skip that part and go on to the next, or there might be tips to improve exercise.

I just had eggs sausage and tomato slices. That's my kind of breakfast although I do like steel cut oats once in a while, mostly in the winter.

I put a roast in the slow cooker. Hope it turns out. Last time wasn't so good. If I don't like this one I will try another way next time. The slow cooker is just so easy!!

Trish did you get your lavish bread? I see it in Walmart. I never used it but it is made by the same company that makes the Joseph's Pita that I buy and they are together on the same shelf. Out store used to have them by the deli but now they are in the bread department. They must be very popular here because sometimes they are gone.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #86  

I didn't use any of my weekly pts yesterday because I had enough rollovers to cover the day. So awesome and my weight didn't bounce up. Still 201.1 which means that I have really lost 6.2 lbs so far this month. FBS was 103. BP was in normal range too. Not real low like it usually is, but not high either. So this is all working.

Carol Sue I did find the Lavash bread. It is 2 pts for the whole thing but most people use half at a time. I can make my taco salad with it instead of regular restaurant chips by cutting them into small triangle slices and baking them. I will also use half of one for my pizzas from now and cut my pizza way down by 3 pts.

I've got my spaghetti made with the ground turkey and one serving will be 2 pts. My pasta will be 0 pts. I will make my own garlic toast on SLMG bread for 1 pt and make garlic butter with 1 tsp of country crock spread for 1 pt. For a total of 2 pts for the garlic toast. I think my whole meal with salad, cashewmilk and my SF ice cream cone I eat every other day my whole meal will be 9 pts. My coffee doesn't cost me anything any more because I opened 1 Premier vanilla shake to use in it and it is only 2 pts for the whole week so I don't really count it because that is less than 1 pt a day.

I am finding that I don't want the same breakfast everyday. Your eggs, sausage and tomatoes would probably be 3 or 4 pts for me. Sounds good. I had a 1 egg McD's type egg muffin this morning. My whole grain English muffin 0, egg 0 and 1 slice Canadian bacon 0 and 1/8 oz mozz cheese 0 and coffee was all 0 pts. I think being able to alternate meals to have variety makes eating more interesting and doable because it doesn't get boring.

Fatmad You are doing very well.

Day has been strange. I haven't done one thing I usually do. No exercise etc. I called DD and now she wants to do WW. Talked to her and DS and my morning is gone. Will make this more of a relaxing day and get back to normal tomorrow. I'm just learning to enjoy today. I don't think I've had that attitude or done that in ages. I'm beginning to feel like living again. I think I'm feeling hope for a change.

Y'all have a great day.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #87  

Trish, that's what I don't understand about WW. My breakfast was 4 points which would be ok , 1/4 of the total for the day. If you have breakfast that is 0 points, it still has calories carbs fat and protein but doesn't count. I don't get it.

Meat was done early so we ate early. It was delicious. I don't know what happened last time. DH wanted scalloped potatoes and I made carrots and Brussels sprouts too. Now let's see if I can fast til tomorrow.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #88  

Carol Sue The way it was explained to me is that the reason it is important to watch the portions of the 0 pts foods is because it is already figured into that plan. So if you they were tracking they would find that by have a serving or a serving and a half of what the portion is then they are adding 1 pt. That is why I'm a stickler for watching my portions. The one thing I like about that is that I have taken some 1 or 2 pt portions and cut them in half and made it into a 0 or 1 pt portion. I do that a lot with a lot of the 3, 4 or higher pt foods. I do my best to keep my pts where they are supposed to be. I am careful to measure a lot of the food I eat to be sure I don't move out of the count they set for it into a higher count because I miss judged it. While I'm enjoying being able to eat a lot of the foods that I like, I'm also in this as a lifestyle so that I can lose this weight this time and keep it off. I have no desire to cheat because if I do I am the one who loses the benefits. As my step sisters husband told Daddy when he had to go on a special way of eating to keep his diabetes in control he said, "I don't cheat on my wife so I don't cheat on my diet". I feel like if I cheat on this then I am cheating myself. Plus I know that I really need to be more self-disciplined.

By the way, sounds like that book your reading is good. Are you following it or just using it for tips to improve what you are doing?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #89  

But if you ate all your food for the day from the 0 points foods you would still have 16 points to eat. I'm wondering if you tracked all your 0 points foods in MFP how many calories, carb, etc would it be? I guess I just don't understand how they can be zero.

Right now I am just curious to see what this woman has to say. I am rebellious, and don't follow much of anything. That's why I'm still 190. I guess I occasionally change things based on what I read. I don't want to count, measure or eliminate anything. I want to eat foods that I like in amounts that my body uses. When I can understand how to know how much my body needs I'll have my answer.

This is one way we are different, Trish. You like to have a plan to follow. I run like **** from anything that sounds like a plan!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:44 PM   #90  

Carol Sue I don't know how all this works. I know Dr. Fung says calorie in and out isn't important and there are those who say now that it isn't so much what you eat as when or how much etc, etc. The only thing I do know is that for the moment this is working for me and is the only thing that has given me hope to lose in such a very long time. From what I understand it is some type of scientific combo of the plan they have created that works. Someone today told me that they have always heard that WW is the best way to lose weight. At this time, I have friends that have been on WW for a long time and are still doing it and thin. It makes me wish I had stuck with this when I did it back in SC. My problem ever since is finding something that works long term and I quit. I am going to stick with this one this time.

I was talking to someone on WWFB group and we were saying we thought this is similar to the old WW plan where you subtracted fiber. I have said many times that I did great on that one. On that plan the higher the fiber the less pts the foods were, but they only allowed us to count 4 grams. Because foods with fiber such as most fruit and non-starchy veggies are 0 now, I suspect that is why these foods are now 0 pts. Most the whole wheat/grains and legumes which have more fiber in them than 4 grams are now 0 pts.

Actually I read on WW site that it is difficult to overeat on the 0 foods and I'm finding that to be true. I cooked a serving of whole grain spaghetti and that with my multigrain bread, salad and cashew milk, I can't eat all of it any more. I get full long before I'm finished and I actually threw some of it down the garbage disposal today. I'm thinking that I will definitely be able to eventually maybe next month, start eating only 2MAD. That will definitely be a great accomplishment if I can. Who knows. Maybe I will be able to do OMAD someday. I can only hope.
Closed Thread