Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #496  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

HI everyone; 158 today, and I have eaten the last 3 days. So that is doing well. I plan to eat today, because its farmer's market day and we will get some yummy fruits and fresh veggies. So I will plan to fast tomorrow.
DD is leaving either Sunday or Monday to go to the cottage on her own for a couple of weeks. We can all enjoy a little space from each other. Will see how things go over the winter.
She and I have been talking real estate as well. She may need a place to live permanently somewhere nearby for when she is not on cruise, as travel will be more limited than before. Considering buying a home, and her having roomies to rent to. That would be good from our point of view, to visit with her. We are all getting along, but have to work at that at times.

Shaybelle, I was prediabetic as well, but have gotten the weight at the A1C back into better numbers. I am fighting a little Covid19 weight gain, and would like to lost more, to get out of the "overweight" category. That will take time and effort, and my adherence to fasting isn't always good.
Most people feel they need to eat with taking metformin, I take mine with a bit of fat (cream) in my tea and that seems fine though. Eating a small amount then fasting sounds harder, but good for you for managing it.
I find supper hardest when the rest of the family is eating.

Oh well, time to walk the dog!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 217/194/150

Height: 5'3

Mad, I think it's a good idea for DD to get her own place as long as it's financially feasible. Once they get a taste of living on their own it's hard to come back to mom and dad. " Its a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. ". Many come home to be pampered and spoiled but your daughter pitched in a lot, so she's in a place to be independent. I remember I LOVED having my own place.

Trish, I think the spaghetti would be ok at 5 points because you usually have points leftover. From what I saw, the Aldis pasta was whole grain. That probably makes a difference. I don't know if DH would eat that. Also I think there is someone who makes a higher fiber pasta.

I don't know what is going on with my scale but it showed 190.6 this morning. I don't think it's normal to drop that much in a couple days. My eating does not reflect that. I know that the scale is not a reliable way to judge your weight, but still, numbers don't lie...or do they? A tape measure is also not a good way because it can be pulled tighter or looser. I have a pair of jeans that I can put on but not breathe very well. Those will be a good judge when I can wear them comfortably. My current jeans fit well when fresh from the dryer but loosen up through the day. Hopefully I can soon donate them and fit into the ones that are currently snug. I'm looking forward to that. Shopping in the back of my closet. That's a worthy goal. I have no goal number but I'll know when I get there.

Shaybelle, I'll be curious to hear how your EOD fasting is going. I think fasting is easier than cutting back once you learn how to deal with the hunger.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 221/186.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Fatmad Always good to hear from you when you can check in. You and your DD have such a good relationship. It is good when parents understand that their kids need or want to get out on their own. My Daddy never wanted us to move out and it was a good experience. Although it did finally work out. Will your DD be able to go on the cruises again? I get the feeling that she really enjoys them.

Carol Sue Your bounce up could have been a fluke, but I understand about the not knowing if the scale is working correctly or not. I have some beautiful clothes that I bought when I was thinner the first year DH and I got married and bought them for my 1st trip back down. I have a few in particular that I look forward to being able to get back into. It is neat when we can shop in our own closet sometimes.

Shaybelle I hope things are going well for you today. You are young and one plus I had at your age is that the weight came off easier than at this age. Fatmad is good at fasting and that helps a lot too. I used to be able to do that but those days seem to have left me.

I switched back to blue plan. I wasn't going to say anything but I have decided that I want to eat more low carbish and blue makes it easier because of all the free veggies etc. When I have to count 2 pts for an egg I don't eat them on the green where as they are 0 pts on blue. My breakfast this morning is only 2 pts and that is for 1 slice of bacon and 1 sl toast. My eggs and coffee are 0 pts. I am also going back to taking my 1st Berberine with my coffee and then I will exercise on the stationary bike like I did for years in SC. When I moved back to TX and went out with Daddy and DS so much, I got away from that. So I think I need to do that. I will eat breakfast after I exercise on it. I am up to 25 minutes on the bike and hopefully in a week or two I'll be back up to 30 minutes 5 days a week. I think I'll take 2 days off from it each week. I'll be active enough on the 2 days off.

Hope everybody has a nice Labor Day weekend.

BBL
Old 09-05-2020, 12:54 PM   #499  

Trish, I don't think it matters if you eat eggs on blue or green because you get more points in green so it balances out. I think it is psychological that they are 0 on blue. 0 points foods still have calories and I think you can still overeat on them. JMO. You have to do what's best for you. It all comes down to what produces the best weight loss for the individual. You know I would be eating the eggs no matter how many points they are. They are my favorite food. I can't believe I gagged in them as a child. I don't know how it changed.

I spent the morning reading about exercises that strengthen the legs. I am determined to make a difference by New Years. Many of them are exercises we did when I went to exercise classes in my younger days and didn't realize the significance of them. I will continue to do my bike which I love and my treadmill and other exercises. I have to do a variety like being at the gym or I get bored and stop. I want to do better on the stairs and also getting out of a chair. Too much sitting has ruined my muscle tone. But I have to DO the exercises, not just read and watch videos! LOL
Old 09-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #500  

We have reached the limit of 500 posts. Follow this link to the Fall Chat.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dia...ml#post5414758
Closed Thread