Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/187/175

Height: 5'3

Default Diabetes and Prediabetes chat Winter 2018/2019

Have you been diagnosed with Diabetes, or told you have Prediabetes? Join us here to chat about the importance of weight loss with this disease.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #2  

Good Morning! It's not quite winter yet, until Dec 21 but you wouldn't know it outside.

I have several things to do today before I set off to the nursing home. They didn't tell DH what time his therapy would be so I hope I don't get there during that. I would like to be able to spend my time talking with him. Maybe they will get a set time each day and I will know better when to go.

I need to take a few things up to him today, and since it's so close to the grocery store I might stop for a few things. I want to have some of his favorites on hand when he comes home and it will be easier to buy a few at a time than to get it all at once. Easier for me to bring it into the house.

I brought home some of his things that he won't be needing there and I just remembered I left them in the car. They might be things that will be tossed out, anyway.

I would appreciate ongoing prayers that the therapy he receives here is helpful and he's able to progress.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I type a really long post last night and lost the whole thing. I have no idea what happened. I was just too tired to retype it. So decided to go to bed and do it today.

Carol Sue Thanks for the new Winter thread.

Glad DHH got moved to start therapy and pray that with the meds given before therapy that your Hubby will be able to progress faster and easier so he can get home next week. Sounds like a very busy place. There is a lady on the opposite floor from Daddy on the hall we go through first to see him who seems to constantly begging for help. I remember having one almost every nursing home I worked in. They don't really need anything so I never know why they do it. I remember having one lady that all she ever said was Mama, Mama over and over again. I used to wonder if she even knew what she was saying. She had no pain that we could tell and didn't need anything. Just so, so sad.

I'm glad you were able to get the charger. I agree that it might be smart to have a back up. You never know what people will pick up. Daddy had an electric razor disappear. Never knew why they took it because they didn't have the charger. I wondered if it was a patient who might just take things unless Daddy accidently threw it out. You just don't know.

It is good when we learn what we can do that we didn't think we could. It is good for us. I think you will find yourself get stronger as you have to take charge of somethings DH can't do right now. I know when I st 1married DH and moved to FL it became so easy to let him do the driving etc, because I was so relieved not to have to do it all any more. I hated driving in So. FL traffic and got to the place where I could only drive to a few places without him which I didn't do very often, because most of the time we went everywhere together. I remember years later him saying he should have let me drive more so I would have gotten more comfortable driving there. When he got so sick and was in the hospital etc when we moved to S.C., I had to take over a lot of things and learned I could do a lot of things, I thought I couldn't do any more. It is strange how we can do so much more than we thought when we have to.

Sounds like a lot of things are falling into place as you are getting things organized for your DH to come home. Having had to do a lot of the things you had to do when you had to have help when you came home helps a lot as you make preparations. You have got this girl. And prayers will continue.

Carol Sue I think the eggs and toast is probably a good idea. I think if you were strict low carb right now that your bs might go too low since you are on the Glimiperide. The type of bread you use is still good for you and you still could have a low, but it will give you the strength you need with all this stress etc.

fatmad I am sorry about your friend. I can't believe people that feel that way are really happy with the way they are, but I think they are afraid to try to change it because the don't believe they can and maybe have tried and failed and are afraid of trying again only to fail. I felt that way at one point, but I knew the alternative and I just feel I have to keep trying.

I am so glad that I have settled back into CAD. We stayed at Daddy's so late and went to Walmart to get a few groceries and a little tree for Daddy. So stopped and got Long John Silver fish. We get 3 fillets and 3 shrimp. We don't like their sides so we come home and I add veggies. I noticed that if I go longer than 6 hrs between meals that I must have a slight glucose dump to keep me from going to low. I went 7 hrs this time between brunch and dinner and my bs reading was 118. The day before it was 104 with a 5 hr fast between the 2 meals. Needless to say I ended up with a 7 hr eating window with 2 meals 7 hrs apart.

FBS was 163 but I got a good drop down to 217.8 lbs this morning and this is just D4. This is just soooo much easier to do and I always wonder why I ever try anything else. BS reading after 1st c coffee with Stevia and H&H dropped to 155 before brunch. It doesn't raise my bs, but lowers it. These little things that are supposed work different for me than it does is why the SC doctor used to tell me he thought I was more Insulin Resistant than diabetic. Everything is working on CAD for me just as it always does. Getting better just a little bit at a time.

I was surprised to read on FB CAD yesterday to learn that many people eating this way actually go into ketosis and lose their cravings for sweets. I remember reading that when you first go on CAD that you may want a lot of sweets or other carby foods at the RM that you couldn't have on other diets especially low carb, but that will change when you get to the place there are no cravings for them. I think that is because there are no foods off limits for the RM (carby meal). Each individual decides if or when they want to tweak it and some will make the options to eat from the newer versions of CALP which balances things more than CAD, but most don't. Some of these people have been eating this way for as much as 25 yrs and never ate off. One guy on there has shared that his whole family eats this way and his daughter still eats this way. It has been so helpful to be with a group who has had such success and to see how some get off for a meal or whatever and some do not. I personally don't see why you would have to eat off.

I am very encouraged to see the weight and the bs improving in only 4 days even exercise has become a pleasure. Seeing progress makes it easy to keep going.

Y'all have a good day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-11-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hey friends: this is my different day, I at bacon and eggs for breakfast, and had a big salad for lunch with lots of high fat dressing, and some raspberries with cream for "dessert". So I am done with food for the day. I won't eat now until supper tomorrow night. We are going skiing tomorrow again, and then DH will take me to my 3 day meeting that starts tomorrow evening. I plan to do 2MAD on Thursday and fast on Friday until supper again. So I am kind of alternating 2MAD and OMAD this part of the week. Will see how that works, I would hope thats a good maintenance schedule.
Massage therapist was saying how she could see I have lost a lot more weight. She was surprised when I said just another 5 pounds in the last two months, but that it is showing in inches and all over is clear. She could feel in my tissues she said, less inflammation. That was encouraging, and the massage is always nice.

Trish: I am so happy that you are seeing good results with CAD/IF. I think its the way to go for you. As things settle out with your father and you all adapt, life will get a bit easier, and that always helps us stay on plan. I feel really good about the fasting and then getting back on plan after the off plan eating on the weekend. Its supposed to work that way, but having more carbs makes me crave more. Monday's fast wasn't the easiest, but not too hard, and I'm back to normal. I am glad if I can have a few carbs from time to time without going crazy. It seems you are doing well with that these days. Are the fish and shrimp you buy coated with anything? I have been using ground pork rinds for "breading" for my fish now and with the spices added, pan fries really nicely.

Carol: I hope all goes well over the next few days for rehab for DH. Is it just for his hip or are they doing cardio rehab as well? He has had his share of stuff. I am hoping they will read the riot act to him about ways of eating so he will be ready to tweak things and you can also keep your weight loss. Below 190 is such a blessing for you!

Happy Tuesday, I'm going to the pub for while, (Perrier for me!) to sing and dance.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #5  

Fatmad I forgot about the ground pork rind for breading. I actually didn't know you could fry with them. I bought a good whole wheat flour to use to fry food, but I usually use corn meal. Since nothing is off limits for RM, I don't have to worry about it. Of course, buying take out fish at LJS it was whatever breading they use. I think they must have a new manager at the one we go to because I didn't like it because it was too greasy, but this one was not.
You mentioning the pork rinds reminded me that my beautician told me that she uses them in ground meat when she makes meat balls. She said they were really good. She basically does Atkins.

I'm through eating today also. I am stopping with a 5 hr eating window. I still had the air-fried chicken wings so that with a finger salad made it an excellent brunch. I still had the dessert I won't name it now, but I do use a candy that I read was better to have for diabetes because it has nuts and I add nuts to balance it out. Other than that it was better balanced although not what I call balanced at all. However, the candy I use was half of what I usually eat so that is an improvement although a small one.

DS went to see the Sleep Apnea doctor to have the test set up for her. She was so excited when she called me because according to his scales she has lost 9 lbs. She sees her doctor tomorrow for 3 month appointment we hope his scales will show the same. It is hard to have to reinforce the situation with Daddy, but being honest with him and trying to make things as pleasant for him as possible, is making our lives a little less stressful. Sleep Apnea doctor told her he doesn't think she has sleep apnea, but will do the test to be sure. He thinks she is in so much pain that she can't get good sleep He also shook her hand and said she has arthritis in her hands. She asked how he knew and he said that when he shook hands with her that he knuckles are swollen.

I am proud of her as she is getting up and cleaning around her house and she has one of her daughter's 3 dogs this week and while we were talking she put the leash on him and walked him out in her front yard because the back yard is too muddy from the rain we had a few days ago to just let him out. That is a big accomplishment for her. So she is really working at her health and since I have encouraged her to do this even before I moved to TX when I was doing so good, it make me want to stay with what I am doing what I'm doing. Me staying on my woe helps her and vice versa. Any way I am proud of her.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:25 PM   #6  

I thought my computer crashed but I got it back up again. I hope it's ok because I've been paying my bills online and I don't want to have to go back to checks and stamps again.

Mad, it's great the the massage therapist noticed the additional weight loss. Makes you feel that it's worthwhile.

You seem to have a busy life with work and also a nice social life. And you seem to have your eating under control with it. That's success when you can socialize and not lose track of your eating plan. Still, you have a little leeway for treats as long as you're fasting in between.

This rehab is just for his hip, to get him moving and getting around as much as possible. The case manager at the hospital said it was to be a week and then home rehab afterwards, but the people here keep mentioning that our insurance covers 20 days. I do not want him there 20 days, and he is assuming it's going to be a week. Tomorrow I meet with them to discuss their plans for him. I'm going to be very vocal. I don't want him coming home before he's ready, but it seems to me that they are talking 20 days because our insurance covers it in full but I don't think it's necessary, especially since he's to have the home therapy, too. I had to speak up today because they told him he was going to have therapy after he ate, but there was not sign of them coming. After I mentioned it, they showed up. It was a good session, but doesn't it seem strange to have him doing an hour of therapy a day and then just laying in bed the rest of the time? He is not one to lay in bed watching TV. If he was home he would be up moving more and that seems better to me, but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I hate to think of how he's going to take it if they keep him longer. He's just had enough of this.

He said the food is better here than the hospital. Any maybe he's getting his appetite back. He saw food on a television commercial that he said looked good.

Trish, I'm glad CAD is working out for you. I think some people have trouble because they try to have too many carbs at the RM. It's supposed to be when you can have carbs, but not necessarily a carb fest.

I am not hungry tonight. I don't think I'm going to eat anything. I'm ok with it now that I know that a fast of a sort is good, and we don't "have to eat." I don't think I am taking enough G to cause a low. I only had half a pill today when my FBG was higher and that was early this morning. BG is 96 right now, so it's almost as if I don't have diabetes, but I know it's because I'm not eating much. I am taking advantage of this time to get some of the weight off that I've had hanging around for so long and hope I can maintain the loss.

DH is eating more now than he was in the hospital, but still not a lot. He leaves a good bit of food. The man in the other bed told DH that he flushes his food down the toilet so they think he ate it. I don't know what they would do if they think you didn't eat all your food. They didn't seem to care in the hospital. I remember one time when I was in the hospital the nurse would come in after I ate and make a note of what percentage of my food I ate. That might have been do to my particular circumstances.

I took a little nap when I came home because I didn't sleep well last night, but I'm starting to yawn now so I hope I will sleep good tonight.

We are forecast to get some snow tonight but I hope it's not much. I told them if it snows I would not be coming in for that meeting. Right now it's enough that I'm driving at all let alone driving in snow. I was never good at that. I did it when I worked because I had to, but that was years ago. I am using a route through a neighborhood so I don't have to go onto the highway and that's working out well, but eventually I'm going to have to go to Walmart and the alternate route is way too long and out of the way, so when I do that I will go on the highway. If I go between the hours of 10 and 3 there isn't as much traffic as there is during rush hour. It's even stupid that they have speed limits because no one observes them during rush hour. I gues that's why it's called "rush" hour.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 0/-1.5/-68.5

Carol- Glad to hear your DH is on the mend and you are able to fend for yourself. Still sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Patty- That's great that you are finding a path that works for you.

Mad- Your progress is inspirational and how nice to be getting positive feedback from the massage gal.

I have been more of lurker because I am just bumping along and don't want to bring down the thread. This is so important to me and I am frustrated that I can't seem to truly stick to anything. I have even stopped my tracking that I was doing. I still check my numbers but stopped writing them down. I will likely end the year higher than when I started. I am still doing 16 hour fasts here and there. I also did a 24 hour fast about a week ago. Although, I am finding that I am having a harder time when I end the fast. I am really, really hungry and eat more calories than I typically would. Then even though I have eaten plenty I am still really hungry. Like now- I am feel very hungry but don't want any of my healthy options. Apparently, my new exercise program is to open and close the cabinets and refrigerator dozens of times looking for favorites. I don't have any in the house because I would eat them all. That's a win, right? How do I shut this crazy appetite off?

On a brighter note, we have our Christmas tree up. We get a 'real' tree and it smells so nice.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #8  

Wt 185 FBG 129

I am waiting for it to be light enough to take the garbage out to the curb. I want to be able to see if there is ice on the driveway. No sense in me breaking my hip, too. This is not my job. It's DH's job. LOL Soon the days will start to be longer, minute by minute. This is the darkest time of the year.

Hi Pipsicle. Happy Holidays to you. We have not had a real tree for years because of the work involved with it, but I agree they do smell good.

All I can tell you is we have all been where you are, struggling to stay on plan. I did that for years! I have been trying since 2008 to get and stay below 200 so it took 10 years for it to start happening. Unfortunately, now, it my DH's health problems that is helping, but I hope to maintain this loss. I say just keep trying. Every day you do well is a step in the right direction. Eventually you will have several good days in a row and that will continue. Please don't stay away because of this. You need to be in here getting support to help you through.

Trish, I only take my G if my blood sugar is over 150 and/or I am going to be eating carbs. And in that case I only take 1/2 tablet, or 1 mg. I have learned that my blood sugar will go down naturally when I'm eating low carb and having longer periods between meals. To take the full 2mg dose, my blood sugar has to be in the 200 range, without any G in the past 8 hours or so. I have found it takes a while to start working. If I take it and check a few hours later it might still be too high, but eventually it will drop. If I take additional meds then it goes to low and I have to eat to combat that low. It took me a very long time to figure out how it works for me. I cannot just take it as prescribed because my eating does not follow a set pattern. I am using it somewhat the way insulin is used. I don't recommend that to anyone. Meds should be taken as prescribed. I have learned to do this because I do not eat carbs at every meal, and I pretty much only eat when hungry. So to take the meds regularly I would need to be eating balanced meals regularly.

Mad, I hope you enjoyed your skiing, and are enjoying your time with your daughters.

Happy Holidays to all the lurkers. Stop in and say Hi. We love the company and hearing from new people.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-12-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #9  
Madeleine

Pipsicle, please come and keep in touch as often as you want or need. My success is recent (I think since May?)
You will not bring us down. Part of the reason for being here is to support each other in our struggle. And it has been a struggle. I have been coming here for over 10 years. Through a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes we just come and whine. I don't even care if anyone reads my posts, posting is cathartic.

This is true for anyone lurking as well.

While I have not been a great meal planner, that may be what you need. Not "wanting" healthy options means you are carb addicted most likely, and getting rid of stuff and having plans for healthy foods can help. Also, being sure to eat higher fat before fasting (a Keto meal if you can) and planning for something in that vein to break the fast. (think high fat plain yogurt, veggies with a high fat dip like artichoke with asiago, or blue cheese) have that as a snack to break the fast, then make a nice meal when you are not starving?
Best wishes everyone. New low today after eating so well yesterday. Did not wind up going out. Going skiing today, although neither DH nor I slept well.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #10  

Pipsicle So glad to see you check in. I agree with Carol and Fatmad. Please don't stay away when going through these things. We all have them and I've learned that whether I even share what I'm going through or not, it really helps to come here and check in. Somehow it really helps me to keep trying. For example, yesterday wasn't one of my best days OP, but because I read on some of the groups I'm on especially the FB groups I'm on that a lot of people have a difficult time in the beginning to getting it perfect and some never do, but they don't stop and give up. Those that keep doing the what they need to do still have a way of making it and lose weight etc and they will admit that they could have done better if they had been more strict.

I have actually taken the CAD plan and made it fit what and how I eat. I personally don't think it helps me to overload my stomach with carby foods good or bad ones in one meal so I have tweaked mine so that I won't do that any more. I threw out the candy today. I think rather than satisfy me that it eventually triggers me to eat more. I really want to do more of an IF plan and working to switch to a 4 or 5 hr eating window so I can have longer fasts. So I make what CAD calls a Complimentary Meal, I am making mine a low carb whole foods meal. My FBS and the BS reading with a 4 to 6 hr in between meals is much lower than when I do CAD CM their way. I just kind of use their plan as my guideline. I know I'm a little different than others so I learn to work with my own body. I try to have something I really would miss on a VLC plan at my 2nd meal of the day which they call a Reward Meal. I have decided that I would like to work at making those carbs down to a minimum such as the Low Carb diet of dummies book suggest. I will work to have no more than a total of 3 carbs each day. She doesn't count the carbs in most dairy if the are low fat, but I'm don't eat a lot of fat so not worried about that. And she doesn't count carbs in fruit and veggies. I don't eat much fruit so worries there. I can put that all with in a 5 or 8 hr (preferably 5) eating window and I believe IF will cause it all to work for me. So Pipsi ce, I think it is about eating the way you can handle it. You don't have to follow a plan exactly as long as you can create one that fits you and your lifestyle. But even then life will happen so you just keep practicing the good till you find what clicks for you. There are some days I don't want breakfast and sometimes I just want the eggs and bacon with nothing else or I will have an omelet. But I kind of go with how I feel that day, but within the limits I have set for myself. So far it is working. It is slow, but it is working. I screwed it up last night, but I am back OP this morning and will make it a 2MAD. But don't give up and just keep trying. It will fall in place.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #11  

Carol Sue I hope there wasn't much snow and no ice. I hope you get to make the meeting with DH. Also I wanted to tell you that when Daddy was in the hospital the last time we had a very good talk with the hospital therapist. I know you have insurance & probably Medicare. So does my Daddy. The thing is that Medicare only pays for like 21 days of therapy a year and your insurance picks up the other or it goes to insurance only not sure exactly. But the new year for that 21 days starts in October. He told us that when the new year came in that Daddy could have therapy again, but he told us not to let them use up all the 21 days at one time because if you need some of those days later in the year you wouldn't be able to get them. I say that to say that if DH doesn't need 21 days in the Nursing Home, don't let them push it to use more than he needs there. I don't think they had much of a limit at home because I know he had way more than 21 days as long as the doctor recommended it so it must be different then. Any way the therapist told me that they will make us think we need them all and then we won't have them, but that isn't true. You can probably check on that.

My weight bounced up a bit, but I knew it would but still under 220 so I'm thankful for that. My FBS is 158 this morning. I still need to do 30 on the bike. I added some other exercises that I do sitting in my chair too. Carol Sue, I think your legs do get stronger going up and down the stairs and all that walking at hospital and now nursing home. I notice that when I'm using the bike more. I think I need to do work up to 6 days a week. I think I will try that next week. I also think I'm going to try to cut my total carbs down to 70 g a day and divide them between the 2 meals a day and try to go back to my 5::20 ration. I really believe that I am in the right frame of mind to do that now. Exercising has really helps me to destress and I feel the depression leaving me. I also see the example that I have been with DD and DS in the past and I kind of like that feeling. DD has a government phone and they gave her some extra minutes to call family for Christmas so she called me yesterday. She has lost 25 lbs at her last doctor's appt. She wants to come spend a wk or 2 with us next year and hopes she can lose 20 more. DS is losing and I want to get back to doing it too.

fatmad I hope you can get some skiing in today. Sorry you didn't sleep good last night. I slept but not a whole night like usual because I like to get up by a certain time and it cuts my sleep down when I go to bed late. I think it was 2 am before I got to bed last night. Not sure what time I fell asleep, but I know I didn't get even 7 hrs. I headed to bed and DH came in the bathroom to put stuff in drawers and his pants I had washed and got talkative. I hated to be rude to him, but I asked told him that I was sleepy when I headed to bed and now he was talkative, it was waking me up and I was going to have a difficult time going to sleep. I put my music on and I still had a difficult time falling to sleep. I hope you can get a nap today.

I won't take a nap today because I have to go to bed early tonight so I can get up much earlier to go for the quarterly meeting at the nursing home.

Y'all have a good day.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #12  

The meeting went well at the nursing home. DH didn't attend, just me. Basically what I told them was that I wanted DH to improve as much as he could, but that the hospital told us it would be for a week. I also told them if it went much longer DH would not be happy. I did stress that I understood that he still does need work. They said the way our insurance is set up, they give 14 days and then evaluate whether he needs more, and also that he is free to leave at any time. They gave him a wheelchair also, so he can go out and wheel himself around the halls instead of lying in bed, if he wants to. I don't know if he will do that.

They did a few things different during therapy today and DH said it was very tiring, so I guess he did lose some strength with this. I'm surprised that he keeps saying he really likes this place. I just think it's so-so. But if he didn't like it he probably wouldn't do as well there.

I want to go to bed early again. I did sleep last night, but it probably wasn't good sleep because I am nodding off again today.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:12 PM   #13  
Madeleine

I had a good ski. Stayed fasted until 430 when the meeting started. They had a nice charcuterie board, so I could stay on plan. Same for supper, no issues, so I did have a little dessert of chocolate mousse. There is a nice hot pool (that big its not a hot tub) and I got in for a bit before the meeting and again afterward. DH did not stay here overnight, that was the original plan, there is a fire place and lovely setting would have been a nice romantic time, but he was worried that there will be freezing rain overnight.

The other good thing with the low carb, is that I am more clear headed. I had some difficulty after the supper (and the chocolate mousse, which does have sugar, so not low carb) and I was a little less attentive. SO I will stay fasted for at least the morning tomorrow.
They were really good about my allergy and the gluten intolerance, and checked in and communicated, so I feel safe about eating here.

Carol: that's great that you had the chance to really state what you need, without DH there, sometimes thats good, because they can advocate for you without him feeling that you are crossing him. I suspect he likes the place in comparison to the hospital, and if they are managing his pain better that will help. He may also feel that its progress, to be there and not in the hospital. For whatever reason, a good attitude will help.

Trish: enjoy the food and the WOE, its right for you.
Time to call DH and say goodnight. I'm beat.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #14  

I am having a non-scale victory. In the past year, I have started having some incontinence. I got tired of changing my underwear 3 times a day, so I started wearing Depends pads. For the past 3 weeks, the pads have been dry. Incontinence seems to be gone. I'm wondering if there was fat pressing on my bladder.

A really weird thing happened today. Step-daughter went to visit DH and while he was there she saw a former neighbor of ours who said she has been living there for 2 years. We didn't know where she went. She disappeared and her house was sold and there were rumors that she was in a nursing home, but in FL. Maybe she was for a time, but she's here now. DH said she seemed to be talking fine, but there were stores that she had dementia. I might have passed her when I was there but didn't recognize her. She might have just not been able to live alone anymore. She's not that old. A couple years younger than I am.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #15  

Carol Sue Glad you had a good meeting with the nursing home staff. We have a quarterly meeting tomorrow with the staff at 11 am. It is so much easier to keep up with things. I'm glad DH likes the place and I agree it is better to DH than the hospital. I also believe he probably feels better knowing that he is doing the therapy which will get him back home.

fatmad That is great that you are able to enjoy the meals and stay gluten free low carb.

I did a lot better today. It might be just in my mind, but eating the eggs for breakfast seems to make it so much easier for me to stay OP and I found it so much easier to do just 2 meals today. I hope that this means I am edging more and more to strictly doing IF. Once I am used to doing 2MAD within 5 hrs, maybe I can start doing longer fasts a couple of days a week.

I'm going to bed early so I can get up early in the morning. I wish I could fast until I get back from the meeting, but not sure what I will be able to do. I'm having a low right now although I haven't checked it, but not going to eat anything cause I do not want to break my fast right now. I'm sure this means I end up with a glucose dump from my liver, but if I understand everything correctly about fasting this is a good thing as I'm getting rid of the access. Fatmad, do I understand that correctly? Those big FBS when fasting was the reason I thought it wasn't working for me. But after reading the fasting books, I don't think I need to worry about that.

Heading to bed. Hope we all get good nights rest tonight and have a good day tomorrow.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-13-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Closed Thread