Old 01-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I can't seem to get anything to post here so I will try this and then wait till tomorrow to write more. Not sure why I keep being bumped out of here.

Everything is fine. Y'all have a good evening.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 217/182/175

Height: 5'3

I'm not having any problems, here, Trish. I hope it's not something with your computer. Maybe it's a problem with the service. I have problems when I'm on my tablet, though. It might be because I have Chrome on my tablet.

It's been a long day and I'm ready to go tobed.

G'night.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:59 AM   #273  

Carol Sue They are going to work on our internet tonight between 1am and 7am so something must be going on. I'm going to try this again really quick tonight.

My FBS was 154 and weight was up 2 lbs because of the chili I ate yesterday. So much sodium in canned chili and beans always causes that. I did 2 Slimfast drinks today with 1 meal.

We went to see Daddy since I didn't have a class tonight. Not sure if I will go again this week. Daddy has a cough and so does his roommate. I hope it is just allergies.

I'm doing some laundry and when it is done, I'm going to bed. Good night.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:38 AM   #274  

I didn't get much sleep. DH was restless and that keeps me awake.

I hope you get your internet fixed. I don't remember how I spent my time before I had internet. There is just so much of interest.

If it warms up I want to try to get my hair cut. I don't want to go all the way to my regular place so I will see if the shop in the shopping center takes walk-ins.

I didn't weigh or check blood sugar yet. Too tired. Probably go back to bed.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:04 AM   #275  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

my DH has a cold and maybe a sinus infection. He slept half the night in the spare room. Not the best for our little holiday, but hope he will be ok.
Made it to a 36 hour fast. Hope I can do that again on the weekend as we come home on Sunday. I don't think I will try before that again, with holiday and visiting, and exercise etc. Will just continue low carb and 2MAD.
I am 151.5 today, and that feels fine.

Trish, the internet stuff can be confusing, I hope it gets cleared up soon. I have used chrome on our other computer to sign in here before without problems, Carol. But safari on my Mac seems to work fine all the time. We will have wifi at our airbnb so I won't be offline for long.

Will pack up to go soon, have a good day.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #276  

Mad, I get kicked off the internet a lot on my tablet that uses Chrome. And it's almost impossible to get on 3FC and stay on.

Hope your DH feels better soon.

It's so cold I hate the thought of getting into the shower. I have the door shut on the bathroom, warming it up. It is supposed to go up to 30 by this afternoon but it's still single digits right now.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #277  

Internet seems to be working fine today.

FBG was 145. I don't know what the weight was because I got up too early to weigh. Pest control was to be here sometime between 8 and noon, so I had to get up early so I could let her into the house to check the attic for critters. Thank goodness there isn't any signs of critters, but there are open places that she took pics of so if we want to spend the money they can come in and close up all those holes for us. DH and I will probably pay to have it done. They will check that once a year unless we have a problem before then.

It is cold here and supposed to rain. I hate to complain about being so cold when y'all are having it worse where y'all are. It was so cold earlier that my toes were freezing even with my socks and shoes on. I'm going to stay under the blanket today to stay warm. It did get me on the bike to warm up and I'm drinking another little Keurig pot of coffee with Splenda only because I don't want the calories from the half & half.

I've got cod fish out for dinner but I am so cold that I really want soup. I wish I had taken out some beef and made some home made stew, but I didn't. I have to go get blood work done in the morning and I just might go to the store and get the stuff to make stew and dumplings especially if the cold spell is going to continue for a while.

Hope everyone is staying warm.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #278  

Trish do you have a furnace? That might seem like an odd question but I know some homes in warmer climates don't have/need furnaces. Ours has just been cranking continuously. $$$$ we used to keep it set on 68-69 but this year we need it at 70-71. I don't know why it changed. My feet rarely get cold. I never wear socks at home. If I go out I wear socks with my boots but have to take them off when I get home. My socks get damp from my feet sweating and that is uncomfortable. When I sleep I usually .keep my feet outside the covers. One time my feet were outside the covers hanging over the side of the bed and the dog licked them. Scared me half to death. LOL

DH still naps but not as much as he was. I hope he starts sleeping more at night. I'm tired of him having the tv on most of the night. He used to turn it off around 1. Now it's closer to 4.

I have to take the garbage out at dawn tomorrow. I hate that. Can't wait until he
can do it again. I put the spotlight on and make him stand at the door and watch. Someone could knock me out and come into the house through the garage door. He doesn't like to do it either. We used to put it out the night before until a critter got into it and it was all over the street. Had to go out and pick it all up. There has to be an easier way.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:46 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 0/0/-70

FBS was 89 after 15 hour (supported) fast. Fantastic! Thrilling!
Pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #280  

Pipsicle, that's great!! I haven't had a FBG like that in a long time!!

Mine was 124 this AM but with G at dinner. I still don't have my carbs low enough but i'll get there. Not brave enough to face the scale this AM after pizza for dinner. It was very good pizza.

last night I mixed my Tart Cherry capsule in water and drank half. No side effects but I do see from my Fitbit that I had a pretty good sleep. I may be able to increase it as time goes by.

I took the garbage out around 7. DH was going to do it but I want him to wait a while before he starts lifting things even though the doc cleared him. He got out a small lightweight dolly I didn't even know we had and that made it so much easier.

I defrosted some small steaks yesterday before we decided to have pizza so I will cook them tonight with lots of veggies. Potato for DH.

I have a lot of energy today and my mood seems to be improved. I felt very depressed the past couple days. Might have been the weather or maybe I'm reflecting how DH feels. He had no pain yesterday so no pain pills. He's gradually improving. Its been a long couple months but better days are ahead.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #281  
Madeleine

Pipsicle that's wonderful. That's the start of IF. You CAN do it. Starting with the 16 hour fast and 8 hours eating window will do you wonders.
Getting a bit more fat in your diet will help with the fast. less hunger.
I did ok yesterday, ate a few more carbs with supper than might have been best.
This morning is hard, It the time of day as well as the anniversary of Dad's death. I slept ok, though I woke a lot.
Plan to see some relations tonight.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #282  

Mad may good memories of your Dad comfort you today.

I went back to bed at. 9 and slept until 11:30. Its better sleep when DH is already up. I dreamed about food but it was healthy food. Celery and pepper strips with hummus. Who dreams about that? LOL. I know I've been missing g my veggies.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #283  

fatmad :hugs: Praying for you today that the good/happy memories will push out the hurt.

Pipsicle Congratulations on the FBS being down. So very happy for you. IF works so much better for me too.

Carol Sue We have central heat and we keep it on 70 plus we also have one of those small electric heaters that looks like a piece of furniture and it sits just across the room from me, and it is working like crazy to keep the temperature in here at 70. I'm not sure what has changed for me as it took me until late last evening to get warm even covered up. I will definitely be talking to the doctor about this. I can get in the bed and cover up with a blanket and still feel cold. Just not sure what is causing it.

I'm glad DH is feeling better and that he found an easier way for you to take the trash can out today. Glad you got a good nights sleep. I'm not sure about dreaming of eating hummus. LOL Interesting.

I got up and went to have blood work done. I had planned to come right back home, but when I got out I decided that I was so close to the local HEB that is closest to where I live so went and got groceries since I do not want to have to go tomorrow when I leave the beauty shop with damp hair. I'm getting my hair permed and I don't want her to dry it or pull on the curl. That's why I planned it so I could go straight there and straight home. I didn't realize I probably should have gotten another gallon of milk, but I've been wanting to go to the Dollar General here in this little town and now that they have finished the highway through town, I can go get it there. It was such a task to go there when they had were widening the highway that I wouldn't drive my car over all that mess. So I will go there if I need to.

I am fasting till 3 today. My weight is back up from 2 or 3 high calorie and or high sodium intake days. Since I was fasting any way for the blood test and made it shopping while fasting with no problems, I decided why not just fast until 3. DH goes for his fast blood work at 2. I will stay home and cook lunch while he is gone. I've been hungry for liver and onions and was able to get fresh liver today at the store. I like buying it at this store because I can get it fairly fresh. I can only get it frozen at Walmart. FBS was 142 this morning. If I make it okay fasting till 3 today, I will do it again tomorrow. I would love to make this a habit of fasting till 3 everyday and then perhaps drink a shake or something 5 hrs later and just eat OMAD + one snack with a 20 hr fast. I know I do so much better that way. I hadn't seen those packages of Cup of soup in ages and recently though I would love to have some. I found them at this store and they only have 50 calories in a serving pack. With this cold weather, that would make a nice warm snack close off my 5 hr eating window.

Even though I didn't want to get up and go any where this morning, I noticed that once I got up and got out that I actually felt really good. So I'm thinking that my tiredness just might be from sitting at home so much. I will be glad when the weather gets warmer.

Y'all have a good day.

Edited: I don't know why I don't have the Icons on here any more such as for hugs. Have I turned them off some how?

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-23-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #284  

Trish I still have the icons. They are up at the top above where you are typing. Click on the smiley face.

I think I figured out why my mood is better today. Dr Phil was talking about how serotonin lifts your mood. The Tart Cherry increases serotonin and that's what helps you sleep so I think it also improved my mood. I will continue mixing it in the water.

The visiting nurse had her last visit with DH today. He asked her if he could walk on the treadmill and she said "You are released to normal activity so you can do whatever you feel like doing." So When he walks on the treadmill I will do the bike or elliptical. I need to find exercises to strengthen my hamstrings. He has been using the stairs most days without a problem.

We are going to have several days with rain/ snow the rest of the week. Maybe DH will do the driving if we need things from the store. I can't wait until he gets back to his old self.

I ate steak for dinner and nothing else. DH didn't want veggies. I had some kale for lunch so I got my veggies for the day.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #285  
Madeleine

Trish, I hope you see your doc or NP soon and get that thyroid tested, and whatever else they may think of.
Carol: so glad DH can get back on the treadmill and you resume your exercise plan again, that sounds great.
I may be really sore tomorrow. Looks like today was the only day with good skiing, rain tomorrow, then another deep freeze that will leave just ice.
SO I skied about 3 hours today, fitness trackers says 150 minutes, but that doesn't take into account all the getting ready and up and down the stairs etc.
I have a jacuzzi when I got home. Did OMAD today, took my Dad's sister and her husband out for supper at a nice steak and seafood place.
Rollicking good time. My aunt and I have always gotten along so well, She speaks no english and my french is terrible, but somehow we connect. She will speak slowly, simply and uses good pronunciation so I can follow what she says, and one on one we communicate well. Her husband speaks english very well, so we check in with him when needed, which was only 4-5 times all evening. Otherwise he and DH had a great time. Food was great, and steak and salad and veggies is easily within my restrictions, without feeling the least bit restricted. I did have some wine though. Hope it doesn't keep me awake all night, I am bushed.
Tomorrow will be quieter, will do a bit of shopping and maybe go for drinks with some cousins in the evening.
My kind of holiday.