Old 07-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 217/194/175

Height: 5'3

Your DH should be eating better, but for the most part, you can't change him unless you cook for him. There are a lot of people who think they are safe if they are thin. When I met DH, I commented that I cannot be eating like him and his reply was "You're thin...you can eat whatever you want." I think I proved him wrong on that one!! I know I am not going to change DH's way of eating, but he's been watching Dr Oz and comments on things he says about carbs, etc. He has been eating much less lately and did lose some weight, but he will never stop eating baked good or noodles/macaroni and sauce mixes...ramen noodles. He loves that type of food, as most carb addicts do. There is more to being healthy than the number on the scale.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 292.3/250.7/120

Height: 5'3"

Wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone. It's been a while since checking in here. I'm still doing well, working out staying on plan, even with the 4th, and losing. I did have a bump up due to traveling and the return trip but now back on track. My FBS have been good, 99-104. Went to the 140's a couple of times after eating out and 165 after Wendy's but not unexpected and it went right back down. I bought a gas grill last year but never used it. I finally got propane for it last week and grilled for the first time on it for the 4th. The 4th is my favorite holiday so I had a great day. I made burgers, hot dogs, italian sausage, pork chops, steak, and even some salmon that I found at the bottom of my deep freezer! Obviously I didn't eat everything that day but we had lots of meats to heat up since. I LOVED it! The salmon was outstanding and I think it will be commonplace for me to grill it. Even my kids like it! The only carb item I ate was homemade mac and cheese. I absolutely love meat so I missed nothing. This grill will be used often. Otherwise I hope everyone is doing well.

Pattygirl I did see above that your doctor preferred you to walk but I agree with Carol that everyone is an individual. Even if walking is the ideal form of exercise everything you do is better than not moving. My personal preference is to sit on the couch and do nothing but working out is clearly the superior choice, LOL. And my doctor of 17 years that just retired encouraged me to do ANYTHING. He said just don't stop moving, everything will improve and he supported me in my workouts. I can't walk too far because even though I start my knee eventually starts bothering me to the point that if I don't stop I nearly fall at times. I have no intention of ending up face down on the pavement rather than just doing my online boot camp workouts. I have lost 48 lbs, am now prediabetic and my blood pressure is coming down. I'll just do what I want, thank you very much. And on a last note, my mother, the queen of healthy lifestyles, is 68 years old and in addition to walking everywhere and strength training at the gym, goes to spin class twice a week. She's my motivation! Take that doc!

Wannabehealthy Congratulations on getting a new car! Hope this works out better for your life!

fatmad Thanks for the shoutout Sunday! Definitely been around, just not posting!

I find myself needing to move by September 1st so fingers crossed that I find something I can afford not too far from my current residence. We've lived here for 4 1/2 years and I'm not too excited but believing something even better will be our next place!

Welcome to new people I haven't met yet!
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #123  

This afternoon I walked past the sliding glass door and at first glance it looked like my dog was out there, wanting to come in. I was seconds away from opening the door when I realized it was a huge raccoon. We had seen him in the yard a couple weeks ago but he ran away too fast to do anything about him. Not so today! I yelled for DH. He came with his shot-gun and killed it. I've heard that if you see them during the day the are sick and possibly rabid, so I'm really glad he's gone. I worry about my dog when we let him out at bedtime or when I get up when it's dark. You never know what's going to be out there with the woods so close, and my dog would lose that fight.

Momtopands, I am just amazed at how well you are doing!!! Bringing down your weight so well and also blood sugar. That's great!!

How is your daughter doing? I hope she's improving, also.

I hope you find a good place to live that is satisfactory to everyone.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #124  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw167/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

was at the doctors today. She is happy that I stopped the doxepin (Silenor) for sleep, since it wasn't working. She is supportive of me using yoga nidra to try to improve my sleep, and gave me a referral for insurance purposes for me to get CBT (Cognitive Behaviour therapy) for insomnia, and PTSD. Then she commented on the weight loss.
Having doctor who is Muslim is helpful when you tell her you are fasting. Ramadan finished recently, (she lost 10 pounds!) so IF is second nature to her during that month. (they are not allowed even water until the sun goes down). SO not critical at all. We plan to do my blood work in September, assuming I continue on the program.
So all in all, no problems with the doctor here.

Have a good day everyone.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 AM   #125  

Nothing new with me here. I had a lot of pain overnight and this morning, some in places I haven't had pain before. I don't know what that's about. It's subsiding now that I'm up and about. It's just so strange that the pain is in so many different places. I have an appointment with the PCP on Monday so I will talk to him again about it.

I still have the bruise on the inside of my arm, right below my elbow. It's starting to lighten up. It's the size of a quarter. Now I noticed I'm getting one on the outside of my arm, and I can only see that one if I'm looking in a mirror. That's how I noticed it so I don't know how long it's been there. They are positioned as if someone grabbed my arm and pressed hard with their fingers. I know bruising can be from blood thinners. I keep checking other parts of my body for more of them. They don't hurt, which makes me thing they are not from an injury.

I am just falling apart. LOL

I did not sleep well at all. Tossed and turned. DH's alarm clock broke, so he took mine and gave me one he bought at Goodwill. He SAID the reason he gave it to me was because it has a battery back up in case the power goes out. It has HUGE red numbers that glow so bright and bothered my eyes. I like complete dark when I sleep. He has another one he bought at Goodwill that is smaller but is a clock radio so I want that one and just won't use the radio. I can understand why someone donated that first one. LOL

We are trying to return the tires DH bought for the old car but we don't have the receipt. Walmart doesn't usually require a receipt but they do for tires. They said they at least have to know the date they were bought so they can try to look it up in their records. I found and printed out the information from my credit card statement and hopefully it will work out. If he has to sell them, he will probably only get half of what he paid for them, and we have to find someone who wants them.

Last night I made stuffed peppers and green beans. It was very good and I could have eaten more if there was more, but I only made 1 pepper for each of us. I didn't snack all evening but had a slice of cheese at bedtime. I wasn't really hungry. I just wanted more stuffed pepper because it was good. That's one of my problems, so I'm better off any time I can cook only the amount we are going to eat for 1 serving. I wanted more but wasn't actually hungry, and forgot about it quickly after I cleaned up.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #126  

My weight has been staying the same for the past few days. Neither up nor down....still holding at 196. I really need to work at getting it lower so I don't bounce back up to 200. I am trying to weigh more often which usually helps me avoid the regain.

Last night there was a program on public television about Belly Fat, which is my main problem area. It was Kellyann Petrucci. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I would like to see what she had to say without buying anything. I don't even think I want to put out the $15 for the Kindle book. Public Television is charging over $200 for the program which includes videos, books, and I am not that interested! LOL I will watch to see if/when it's going to be on again. The only thing I remember that she said was that you raise your metabolism by including black pepper, mustard and cumin in your diet on a regular basis. She is also in favor of bone broth and collagen protein powder.

Here is an article I found online where she says it's better to lose weight fast rather than slow. I am lucky to lose at all!! She is advertising her book in this article, but you can just ignore that part.

https://www.drkellyann.com/best-weig...eight-quickly/
Old 07-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Hi everyone, I didn't realize how long it has been since I was here last. Things have kind of slowed down since Daddy is settling more and I'm not going all the time. I have been just resting more and trying to settle into a new routine myself. I'm trying to learn how to relax again instead of feeling like I have to be in a hurry to do this that and the other. I think when DS gets to feeling better so she and her DH can go a couple of days a week that DH and I will go only 2 days a week. The pastor and his wife went through a sick spell with him having pneumonia so they weren't able to go much and now that everyone has settled down over the disagreement, they go out to see him once a week too. The main thing I want is for him to keep having visitors so he never feels abandoned. He is getting more and more active. DS is under such stress with having to pay for everything that is left over after they get his check because Medicade is dragging their feet on getting on board and VA is slow too. It is strange how they are quick to deny but slow to getting on board when they know they are going to do it. Government has always been that way. Sad to say.

I noticed on the monthly activity sheet that they have a certain time of day on there that says Room Visits. I told Daddy to check into that and see what it is. He is a retired minister and he could go in and visit with people not necessarily to minister but just to talk to them and offer to pray with or for them. It would be good for him and them. Actually they could let him know who doesn't have family who visits and those kind of people need someone to just say hello and to care. It would give Daddy something to do and one thing about him is that he is a "people person" and loves people. He has a cousin who is home bound and can't preach any more in a church. When I shared on FB one day that I had friends who were going through some really hard things, that I shared little spiritual encouragement statements or scriptures because I knew they would see them without me tagging them, he wrote me and said "I never thought about using FB for ministry". So once a week, he shared a Bible Study on FB for people he has pastored through the years in churches. We always know when he has either had a stroke or whatever because we miss his little sermonettes. I think it helps us if we can find ways to help others. I hope Daddy will find something to do that will bless him as well as other.

My FBS was 135 this morning. I'm really not dieting per se. I'm just trying to be careful and as TOPS always said eat sensibly. Weight isn't coming down very fast, but in fact it fluctuates depending on what I eat. Usually sodium raises it. I have to be sure to drink more water. Exercise is not regular yet, just doesn't seem like enough time to do everything. I just need to organize my time better because I have the time, I'm just not using it wisely.

Carol Sue - Congratulations on getting the new car and able to get one you like and that fits your DH too. Sorry about the aches and pains. I don't know what that is. I noticed recently that when I eat certain foods that it caused my joints to hurt. I don't know if it is when I over indulge in sugar since I don't usually eat much sweets, but I suspect it is the culprit for me. I would look at what you ate the day before that was a little differently. Thanks for the website I most definitely will read it. I'm not going to buy anything either.

Fatmad - Glad your doctor agrees with what you are doing. Sometimes I find it difficult to tell my doctor everything I do. I'm not sure how he will take it, however, I think he has pretty much learned that I'm going to do what I think is best for me. He has learned that appreciate his honesty opinion but he still respects my decisions. However, in the discussion, I appreciate him explaining to me why he thinks I should do what he says because of what he is trying to protect me from in the future. I really like that kind of doctor. He listens.

momtopands - Your grill cooking reminds me of how my previous deceased DH and I used to cook for holidays. I can remember cooking brisket, chicken, sausages and country style ribs on the grill as we cooked for family to come for a holiday feast. When I worked a job where I worked mostly 7 days 3 off, I took one day that I grilled all day long and packaged the meat into meals so that the kids could go in and take it out of the freezer and heat it up to eat. DH I have now, doesn't really care that much for all that stuff so I don't even use my grill any more. I have a stove top pan grill that I use once in a while. I can use it in the oven as well. However, since I got my Air-fryer, I usually cook things like steaks or country style ribs in it.

I better close this novel off. I will catch y'all later. Y'all have a great day.

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #128  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw167/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

carol, I am glad your DH shot the raccoon. That would have been scary. I am worried about your bruises. What blood thinners or statins are you on? I think you need blood work and should call your doctor about the bruises.
Trish: so happy things are settling out with your father. All good news.

Had a good day, but appetite is low after the fast that I ended last night. Sadly, I ended the fast because we had all kinds of food to be eaten. I felt in the zone, and could easily have gone longer. Now I know that, I will try again in about two weeks and will see about going a bit longer too. In the meantime, will do 2 meals a day IF, and lower carb for eating that for now. The Keto zucchini fritters I made were wonderful, and the cheddar biscuits (also Keto) are keeping me happy and not craving carbs too much.

My on call week starts tomorrow, hoping sleep will not be elusive.

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:51 AM   #129  

My weight is still staying at 196. I may have fluctuated throughout the day, but in the AM the weight is staying the same. It's almost as if my scale is stuck on that number. LOL I ate a lot during the day yesterday so for dinner I just had green beans. I've been buying frozen green beans at Aldi's and they are so good! I will never buy canned green beans again. There is no comparison. These frozen ones are like having fresh. I have also been drinking more water. I am getting really tired of Diet Coke. I have one once in a while, but I now buy the little bottles rather than cans so I can drink half and they put it back in the refrigerator. And I'm starting to put it in a glass with ice and that waters it down a bit.

I went online and copied the page from my credit card statement that showed the purchase of the tires and Walmart was able to return them and take them off the credit card. That's a relief to get that money back instead of having to sell the tires. I have driven the car twice now, and I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable doing it. I want to drive at least a little bit every day. I really don't know why I'm so anxious about it. It's not like I had an accident or something to scare me.

Trish, your Dad seems to be getting more and more comfortable with the facility. That's good. I think he is fine, getting to know other residents, and it's OK if you don't go as much. Seeing each of you at least once a week is probably good for him. What about your other sister who doesn't live around there? Has she been to see him? Does he hear from her? I tend to forget about her.

Mad, I am on Brilinta and 81mg aspirin. I have an appointment with my PCP on Monday and I plan on discussing the pain factor and also the bruising. I also have an appointment with the cardiologist in a few weeks. I have an arm exerciser that I use every few days and it seems that the bruise on the inside of my arm is right where that exerciser sits. It is similar to Wonder Arms that they show on TV but made by a different company. I don't know if that is what caused it. It doesn't rub or anything, but I didn't get a bruise on the opposite arm, and that shouldn't have affected the outside of my arm. It IS possible that I bumped it, but I don't usually bruise easily.

We are in a close residential area and I don't think it's legal to discharge a firearm, but the people on either side of us were not home. The guy across the street was on his porch and he heard the gunshot and said it scared him since he knew it was too loud to be a firework, but then DH showed him the dead raccoon. I hope there are no more, but there probably are some up in the wooded area. It's just bad when they come out in the daylight. A few years ago we had some in our yard and we worry about our little dog. DH set a box trap and trapped them one at a time and took them way out to the woods and released them. One of them was very mean and was hissing at him. I don't care if they are around as long as they stay up in the woods.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-12-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #130  

I watched that show again on PBS yesterday afternoon. It was on the same time as my soaps, and I actually gave up my soaps to watch it. LOL She recommends a 7 hour eating window, but the way she said it I can imagine some people think you are to eat continuously for 7 hours. She didn't explain it well enough in my opinion. Her plan supposedly for 10 days and that would make some people think that in 10 days their belly would be gone, but she has a particular plan you are supposed to follow for 10 days and then after that she encourages you to do 80/20, so in truth, the plan continues as a lifestyle change on a less strict regimen. She recommends eating things like sauerkraut and pickled vegetables to heal your gut which is what causes some of the problems. There are other things she says not to eat because they cause bloat. Beans were one of the foods included in that list. I tend to disagree with that because I feel that beans are very healthy and should be included in a healthy diet unless you have a medical condition where you should not be eating them. I feel that the bloat from beans is temporary and it's the fat around your belly and your internal organs that you want to get rid of, not just temporary bloat from certain foods. Bloat and fat are 2 different things.

So it was interesting, but I don't feel you can take everything she says as gospel. The show was on again this morning at 4AM but I didn't want to get up that early. I think I will check and see when it's going to be on again and watch it again, but still not ready to buy her book.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #131  

We had bacon every day so far this week. I only bought a 10 oz pkg because DH tends to make too much. He did better this time. It was Sugardale, and I found it much too salty for me. If I buy it again I will buy a different brand and hope to find one not as salty. This is why I never liked bacon, but I keep trying to eat some to add more fat to my diet. I don't know if that's good or not. Depends on who you talk to.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #132  

Carol Sue - My scale seems to be stuck too, but right now I'm just thankful that my FBS is coming down. Lower this morning at 131 than it has been in a very long time. I am convinced that I am not a carbohydrate addict. I have been eating the Sara Lee Multigrain bread for breakfast and made a dry sandwich with it the last 2 nights and FBS is slowly coming down more. I have been adding more protein and fat than I used to eat although not going wild with any particular food. I'm not counting any calories or anything right now either. I've decided to just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm hoping what I learned in IE will help me so that as I become more satisfied with the way I'm eating that I will begin to eat a little less each day and the weight will finally come off too. At least that is what the diabetic educator and dietitian both told me 2 years ago when I shared with them that this is how I was eating. I don't cut out any food group, although I am picky about how much I eat of some of those foods.

DH has lost weight and his FBS has kind of averaged out to around 165 he said. He is eating a bowl of cereal every night. I'm not sure what that would be as A1c, but doc wants him to keep his A1c around 7.2. I'm thinking when he gets over the sickness he is fighting and gets off some of the meds he is taking that number will come down. He insists on taking Equate version of ClaritinD and that raises the FBS reading. He had a really bad headache last night and thought his bp was high, but when he checked it, it was fine. Just part of the crud going around.

DS is feeling better and getting out to the store today to see how she feels because we get perms tomorrow. She hasn't been fee ling well enough to drive until today. I honestly believe I am feeling much better today but still seem to still be dealing with an occasional cough which should be clearing up by now.

My baby sister who lives in MS does call Daddy and keep in touch with him. She hasn't had the money to move back like they want. She called me crying the other day saying she didn't want Daddy to know but they had tried to get a loan and the people turned out to be hackers and stole all their money pretending they were her DH. I didn't as details, but I assume they probably answered one of those online come ons. Her DH is on VA disability and she is on SS. They had to close their bank account and have their checks sent to them to keep the hackers from taking anything else. They are back to square one to save money to move... they had planned to move back home this summer. She said it will take them about a year to save enough to move as they are having to practically start over. She was worried because every time she calls Daddy he quizzes her about what is wrong and she doesn't know what to tell him. I told her not to worry because we keep a lot of things from Daddy these days... like he is broke, but he doesn't know it. So I just told him that I thought their finances were tight like all of us and he bought it for the moment. As soon as she can get her phone turned back on and get on line, she will be able to call more. Right now she borrows a friends internet and can't use it all the time. So sad. There is no way I would trust anything offered on line or through a phone call. So many scammers out there.

Carol Sue, I understand about adapting to a new car. I really love my car and thankful for it, but we bought our car unseen. DH BIL had one just like it and he had been a car dealer. He bought our other car and did the wheeling and dealing to get a great price on this car for us from the same car salesman he bought his from. We just walked in signed the papers and drove off. The only problem I have is getting in and out of the drivers side. It is 10 yrs old and I still hate getting in and out of the drivers side but love driving it. Plus it still looks as good as it did the day it was brand new except for the front bumper where DH either rolled into a truck or he rolled into us and our garage is so much smaller here that we have actually scrapped it with the garage door as it closed. LOL!!! Funny thing is that I told DH one day that I had figured out that I could line up a certain place on the door with a mark on his work bench on the right side. He said to me "You know that board is just sitting on the work bench and can be moved don't you?" I laughed because I didn't know that, but I told him that he has to put a mark in the same place on the work bench so I can have it as my stop mark since the work bench is nailed to the wall it won't go any where. LOL

Old 07-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 292.3/250.7/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Momtopands, I am just amazed at how well you are doing!!! Bringing down your weight so well and also blood sugar. That's great!!

How is your daughter doing? I hope she's improving, also.

I hope you find a good place to live that is satisfactory to everyone.
Wannabehealthy Thanks! I'm truly determined to stay on my healthy lifestyle changes to keep my blood sugars down. I can't believe that i'm almost down 50 lbs since January!

My daughter is doing ok. She still has lots of down days, dealing with lots of anger. She sees the counselor weekly and I finally found a psychiatrist to see her(nearly 2 months out of the hospital) and she sees her on Monday. I know it can take a while, and will take a lot longer than I'd prefer for her to really get better but that's just how life is. Not in my control, she's truly in God's hands.

Thankfully i've been able to pick up lots of extra shifts this week so next payday i'll have a significant amount to work with as I go rental house hunting. I feel better than I did at first but i'm optimistic that there's something out there that will work for us all. I was also able to increase my work hours, adding an extra shift every other week which will make a new place affordable for me and I'll still only be working 60 hours every 2 weeks so yet another blessing. Also with this increase in hours i'll now be considered full time again so my healthcare premiums will go down significantly. Looking at all these things this force move may be an unexpected blessing all around!
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #134  

Carol Sue - I meant to tell you that I found a low-sodium bacon at Walmart and at our HEB that is really pretty good. You might like a low-sodium bacon better if you can get your DH will eat it.

momtopands - Glad you are getting extra hours at work and able to get full insurance coverage. Also glad your daughter is getting help.

We went out to see Daddy today and I walked in and told him DS and I had tried to call him all morning. He said, "Oh I wasn't here, I went to Lake Shore Baptist Church for a luncheon." I didn't know he would even be interested in going to something like that, but someone saw him in the hall and asked if he was going so he decided to go.

I thought I would check in tonight because I'm leaving early for the beauty shop in the morning since I have an early morning appointment to get a perm and DS decided she can drive so I don't have to stay in town to take her. I'll do my usual routine of going to see Daddy and then go to HEB for a few groceries before I come home. I told DH that he has really made a home body out of me. I was the girl who wanted to be on the go all the time when I married him. Fifteen years later, I love just staying home most of the time.

My eating seems to have calmed down now that I'm just eating more IE/IF and eating whatever I want. My bs reading before dinner this afternoon was 104 so can't complain about that. I'm thinking the berberine and the blood sugar support pills I get from Amazon with the formula that has some of the things that the doctor from Austin, TX recommended in her little book must be working all of a sudden.

I'm headed to bed so I will catch y'all tomorrow when I get back home.

Have a good day.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #135  

I slept until 7:30 this morning! I did wake up a lot during the night but was able to fall back to sleep. I got my regular clock back so it isn't blinding me. LOL So I feel pretty good. DH was up already, which is also a surprise.

Trish, your DH's A1c might have gone down but it would also depend on his blood sugar reading through the day. You said he will not check anything but fasting. When I go to the doctor on Monday he will give me a script for blood work, but I'm going to wait a while to have it done. I think it's better to get it done BEFORE the appointment so I can discuss it with the doctor. They will call me afterwards if something looks bad, but if I ask them questions about anything else the girl doesn't know how to answer. My doctor now wants me to come every 3 months when before I went once a year. I don't care because my copay is $0, but if it goes up I will tell him I want to cut back on the visits.

I think we had low sodium bacon and it still tasted too salty. I remember we did have one that wasn't salty but I don't remember the name. This one was Sugardale and was salty. I bought it because it was a smaller package. I might try Walmart's Great Value brand next time.

I have trouble getting in and out of our other car because of my knees. The car is too low. This newer car is a small SUV so it's higher and easier for me. I wish I had more opportunity to drive it on regular roads for practice, but we live 1/2 mile from the highway so everywhere we go we have to go on the highway. Yesterday we were on the way to Goodwill and there was an accident that closed the highway. We turned off a side road and DH got in to drive while I navigated us around a different way. Then on the way home there was another accident almost in the same place but they let traffic go through 1 lane. People are in a hurry to get home from work and everyone wants to be in front of everyone else. No patience.

I think your Dad will take advantage of every opportunity he gets to get out and about. It sounds like he's enjoying himself.

Here is the way we judge how far to pull into the garage. DH hung a tiny styrofoam ball from the ceiling with a piece of string, and it hits the windshield right where the car should stop. When we get to that point, we know to stop, but since it's so light, we CAN pull in further if we need to. You should mention that to DH. I think you could just use a piece of twine or rope and not have the styrofoam ball. You just pull up until it hits the windshield.

Momtopands, that's great that you can be considered full time without working 40 hours a week and still lower the cost of your insurance. Then you have some leeway to work some extra hours if they become available.

I am so jealous of your Mom and how active and healthy she is!! She is setting such a good example!!

I hope your sweet daughter continues to improve. It's so hard for kids these days. You hear of so many who want to hurt themselves.

Don't you have a son, also? How is he doing? They are probably so proud of you and your weight loss, but then sometimes kids don't notice things like that. But I'll bet you feel much, much better!