Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #61  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I haven't been tracking my food for a while. I eat when I'm hungry and TRY to stop when I'm satisfied, but I'm not always good at that if the food tastes good. But waiting until I'm hungry is a really big step for me.

Today I made tacos for dinner. I hadn't made them for a very long time, and I don't think I will be making them again. I just don't like that type of food anymore. I think it's the preservatives in the taco seasoning packet. Maybe I should have just used half of it. My tastes have really changed. I just like very plain food anymore. I think I would be eating very differently if I was by myself. I try to fix something that DH likes that I can eat too. That's why it's better for us to eat out so we can each order what we want, but that gets expensive.

Tam Tam, I think I remember you talking about your stores before. They must keep you very busy having 3 of them now. I hope they are doing well.
Two of the stores are doing well. We are worried about the third one (actually the first one we opened). The oil industry where it is at is not doing well at all. MANY business have shut down, lots of homes for sale. We went from being open 6 days to 4. Praying we can keep it open.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #62  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. My FBS was 147 this morning, it has not been this good in a LONG time! That may be high for some, but considering that it has been 160-220 this is progress! I am also down 2 pounds! Yea me! Hope you all have a blessed day.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Tam Tam, I am praying that you can keep all your stores open. I can imagine how hard it is to run a business when economical times are bad.

You are doing great with your blood sugar! Mine was running around 200 for a long time, and I was getting post meal spikes in the high 200s, 300s, and I actually remember a 400. That was very scary, but it was my own fault. I know very well what I should and shouldn't be eating. When I changed my eating I started getting readings in the 160s, then the 140s, and now, if I eat properly, I'm in the 120s or below. Yesterday was a prime example of what I should NOT be doing. I'm confident you will continue to improve your blood sugar reading as you are improving your eating and continue to lose weight!
Old 06-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #64  

Trish, I am wondering if you have logged into MFP recently. I am having so much trouble with the site, and I see that some others there are complaining about it, too. I used to be able to stay signed in, but not anymore. And any time I click on anything it takes me to the sign in page and I have to sign in again. I have been trying to send messages to two of my friends and it looks like they are not going through. Either that, or I am sending the message over and over. LOL People are threatening to leave the site if it's not corrected, but they are blaming it on the individuals telling them it's because of their server. I tried to change my settings but all I managed to do is log myself out of every other website I go to.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

TamTam I hope your store can stay open. If I remember right it was a Christian type bookstore wasn't it? We just one little one in the town in SC and I noticed when I moved back home that the ones we had here are gone too. I miss them. I absolutely spent loads of money at ours. I can get the books on Amazon or go to a local bookstore, but there are so many wonderful things you can get in a Christian bookstore that you can't find in the others.

You are doing great with your eating plan. Congratulations on the 2 lb loss and getting the bs down to 147. That is great. It will continue coming down and it is good that you don't have to be so strict with the carbs as some do. I am confident it will work well for you. I think I would have done better if I had done the same thing you are doing after talking the diabetic nutritionist and educator. However, I have to say their advice has helped me a long.

I ended up gaining 2.6 lbs this month but my FBS is down 21 pts from June 1st. It was 137 this morning and after getting the 105 reading yesterday before our main meal, I feel confident things are starting to work for me. I have decided to try to keep my carbs between 20 and 40 grams, but I'm going to keep the higher carbs at the CAD Reward Meal within 60 minutes and only count those carbs and not worry about the non starchy or dairy carbs. However, I will eat very little lowfat foods. I have to say there are some that I like. I may still use MFP just to get a general idea of what I'm doing, but if I become too obsessive with that, I may just keep count of the carbs in a notebook. That would be much easier any way since I don't worry about or use exercise calories any way. I've never trusted the counts on those things any way. When you read about how many calories it takes to burn certain foods, it doesn't jive. However, I do think it is there to get us moving. I know it sure helps me to know that when I'm dusting or mopping that I'm burning calories. LOL

Carol Sue I thought about what your friend does and some of the plans I have tried.... things that worked better than others etc and what I could take from it to make a lifestyle that I can live with long term. So I am going back to CAD so I can put my carbs that count within that 1 hr slot. I did lose weight pretty good on that once before. I am going to do 3 meals a day but try to keep those at least close to 5 hrs apart which will actually give me more of a 10 hr eating window, but I read where that works great for women where as the 8 hr window works great for men. I'm doing the 10 hrs so I can have the 5 hrs in between which is eating toward my meter. I know that the bs goes down better at 5 rather than 4 hrs for me. That still gives me a 14 hr fast with a mini 5 hr fast during the day. Hey if it brings the bs down and I lose weight too and corrects my health problems it is worth it.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:13 PM   #66  

Trish, even though you are not using MFP anymore, I would like you to log in to see if you are having the same problems that I and some others are having. Every time I click on something it takes me to the log in page and I have to log in again.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Trish, even though you are not using MFP anymore, I would like you to log in to see if you are having the same problems that I and some others are having. Every time I click on something it takes me to the log in page and I have to log in again.
I was able to log in and do my plan for today. I'm glad I did because I learned that my calories are over, but my starchy carbs are 42 g. So I'm good. Most days it won't be this high so that is good to know since I will only be writing them down in a notebook just to keep up with how some foods affects my carbs each day.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #68  

I just sold another piece of exercise equipment I don't use anymore. it is a Cloud Walker, similar to a Tony Little Gazelle. I forgot I even had it advertised on craigslist. The woman called, and came right up to get it. Now I only have 1 more thing I want to sell, and I might even give it to my Step-daughter if she wants it. It is an ab exerciser but I can no longer get on the floor to use it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cloud_walker3.jpg (47.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-30-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #69  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Home again.
I decided to track what I eat and when, but to stop calorie tracking on Noom. Will still use it for fitness tracking for now.
I don't love carrying my phone all the time when I am off call, but its doing well for me.
Interesting, I spent the morning cleaning up the cottage before we left, and put the phone in my little belted pocket thingy. Just putting things away, vacuuming etc and I got 6000 steps in!
even though it was a travel day, we walked a lot. We had to get to the ferry an hour ahead to keep the reservation, and we walked the dog quite a ways. And we stop for toilets and drinks and a dog walk halfway home after disembarking from the ferry, so I got in 20000 steps today. Not too bad.
I have succumbed to eating too many treats on holiday, and must get back to my good eating again.
Had broccoli and tomato bisque with cream tonight. And will fast until noon again tomorrow. Will see how the week turned out for me on the scale in the morning.
Tam Tam I am so glad you have lost a bit of weight, and your sugars are improving. No, they won't get "perfect" right away, but they are going in the right direction. Congrats.
Carol, so glad you are getting things moved out and feeling that you are getting space back! Enjoy
Trish, hope you are doing ok and that your father is coming along too.

Chat with you all tomorrow, thats Canada Day to me!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #70  

Mad, I liked the Cloud Walker, even though family members made fun of it. I bought it years ago, and for me, it was "movement." Movement burns calories, increases muscle tone, lowers blood sugar, and I always felt by using all the different equipment I had I was using different muscle groups on each one. Sometimes when you just do the same exercise over and over you miss some muscles. But I haven't used this one for a very long time because there wasn't room to keep it out where it was convenient. I had to move something else to get it out, so I just stopped using it. The woman who bought it was 60. She said she wanted to get a treadmill but her husband told her to get some less expensive piece of equipment to see if she was going to keep up with exercise before she invested $$$$ in a treadmill. And I lucked out. She had called someone about a different item but the seller didn't get back to her so she called us, and we were available right away for her to come.

I think I might look around the house for some other items I can advertise. It's free, and I have learned if you're patient, eventually someone will be interested. I keep my prices low, because if the item isn't being used, it's better to get something for it instead of nothing. Our biggest problem is we often don't answer the phone if the number that comes up on caller ID isn't one we recognize.

I also went off the rails yesterday and I wasn't even on holiday! I paid the price with a very high blood sugar reading before bed, but meds brought it down overnight. I am upset that the high reading is going to figure into my next A1c, but it is what it is. I did it...I must take responsibility and move forward. Today is a new day and a new opportunity to get back on the wagon. I can do this. I am up 5 lbs from my recent lowest, but in keeping a positive attitude, I am still 5 lbs below 200. I think I should go back to weighing daily for a while to keep reminding myself that I need to get going in a downward direction again. I would never think of skipping my blood sugar testing....I should not skip weighing, either.

Happy Canada Day! How is Canada Day typically celebrated? We have picnics, parades and fireworks for Independence Day. And most people get a day off work! It's usually a big sale day for retail workers, and for medical workers in hospitals, public servants like police and firemen, it is business as usual. We can see the fireworks from our front porch, and our dog doesn't even notice them. He is too busy barking at the neighbors. LOL

Trish, I hope things are going well for you and your Dad.

Tam Tam, I would imagine your stores would close on the holiday, so you will get a day off.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #71  

Carol Sue Glad you were able to sell another piece of equipment. It is nice that you can do that. DH probably could sell a lot of things and clean out if he would do it, but he isn't going to do it so no since in me even thinking about it. I'd me happy if he would just give it to Goodwill or some place like that. LOL

Fatmad Have a happy Canada day. Sounds like you have your plan so like me it is just letting the plan work. Awesome on the enormous steps you got yesterday.

I guess a high fat diet isn't for me. I gained My weight was up to 225 this morning. My FBS was 147 which isn't really bad, but I am not willing to gain to give it time to work. I am pretty much keeping my plan but less fat. I'm still not using the fluid pill and having no swelling. So will go back to taking them only as needed. It was at my request that I was put on those so I consider it my choice as to whether I keep taking them or not. I cancelled that order today for this month because I have way too many of them left.

I am going to use the new Slimfast Advanced Energy drink 2 times a day for a while and eat one meal and see how that goes. I did email Slimfast and found out that it is diabetic friendly as it has only 1 g sugar. I am continuing to use MFP to keep the calories under 1500, but I set 1500 only for high days when we go out to eat. My total carbs will be in the moderate range. This way I get plenty of fiber too and can eat what DH likes & stay OP. I found a support group on FB which is pending right now. I AM NOT going to keep gaining weight. I said I would do whatever it takes to lose the weight and get my FBS down and I meant it.

We are going to go see Daddy for a bit and then we will go to the store. We need some more fruit and I need some more Slimfast for the week. So will get some walking exercise today. We will come home and eat bacon sandwiches.

Carol Sue What was the name of the bread you got when you couldn't get Sara Lee MG bread. A lot of people must be eating SLMB because I hate to always have to go to Sam's for just bread. Did you say it is 35 calories instead of 45? Thanks

TamTam and everybody have a great day.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #72  

Caro Sue and Fatmad Thanks for asking about my Daddy. He is doing pretty well physically, but still has good/bad days about having to live there however I think it is just part of the adjustment. Yesterday he told me his requests about his funeral so I think that is on his mind. Today he finally told me that he does Not want to go to the VA home in Temple so I am pleased with that. I told him I was glad because we couldn't see him as much as we do now. Besides I know this facility expects DS or me to be at all his appointments or they won't leave him and I'm not sure how DS and I would work that out but we would have to do. Thanks for keeping him in y'alls prayers and thoughts.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #73  

Trish, I can't remember where I read it, but one of the Low Carb Guru's said "If you are overweight, all you need is LC, not HF." And I believe it. I do understand the reasoning behind high fat, but I can't and won't do it. I think my fat intake is moderate, not low, and I don't feel well when I eat more fat. There is a woman on another forum who went from 299 to 114 eating boneless skinless chicken breast and salad most days. So to me, she proved that you do not have to eat high fat.

The bread I buy when I can't get the Sara Lee is Nickles 35, and I think it's just local, coming from Ohio. It's not as good tasting as SL. I was not able to get the Sara Lee this week either. They must only bring in a few loaves when they deliver and they go fast. Even in the Nickles they only had Whole Grain and I like to get the white. I think Pepperidge Farms has a low calorie thin bread too, but I looked at it and it didn't have much fiber so I didn't buy it. You should look around in your stores, there might be another company making it.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #74  

Trish, if you go to this website and enter your zip code it will tell you all the stores in your area that carry SLMG. I find it strange that they don't list Walmart, but that's where I've bought it in the past. Maybe they stopped carrying it. I won't be looking for it for a while now because I bought a loaf of Nickles 35.

https://www.saraleebread.com/our-bre...ti-grain-bread

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-01-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #75  

Carol Sue I was able to get the SLMG bread at HEB. DH found it as they have moved it on a lower shelf not with the other Sara Lee bread. They could have had it Friday and I just missed it. I can usually get it at Walmart, but try to always get 2 loafs when we go to Sam's Club. I loaf will usually last a almost a month. I couldn't find any store here that carries the bread you get there however if I could get Nature's on 40 calorie bread if I had to. I used to use it, but most of the time some of the slices had a hole in them which makes it difficult if making a sandwich or burger with it.

I got some more Slimfast to drink twice a day. We had BLTs when we got home with some fries. My bls reading before we ate was 108 of course since we went to see Daddy and to the store, I went a lot longer than 5 hrs between meals. I might not even have to have the last shake, but it is there if I need it. Calories if I do use it will be only 1275 calories. I would love to be able to keep my calories at that level for a while.

Daddy was fine. He and his room mate were watching the same show, but on their own tvs. LOL!!! The facility hasn't posted their activities for this week so not sure what Daddy will be doing this week, he did tell me that he plans to go every time they go some where. His computer was messed up again so DH had to get it going again. He had lost his charger for his razor and DH found it and plugged in a different place so Daddy can see it. Glad he was with me as I can't get down there like he does to find things he loses and fix his pc which I'm not good at doing either.

It's been a good OP day.
Closed Thread