Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/194/175

Height: 5'3

Trish, I think the cup of soup you had wasn't really enough to be considered a meal. Good for you for staying on plan so well.

I woke up with a lot of pain....more than usual. Mostly in my hands and wrists. I am not supposed to take Motrin except once in a while, but I really feel like I need it today. I was told never to take it on an empty stomach, so I first ate an egg sandwich with my Little Big Bread. I took one and will wait a while to see if I need two. I don't take it unless the pain is unbearable so I will probably need the second one. I don't know if this is from something I'm eating or what. I am not online as much as I used to be so I really don't think the typing is doing it, but maybe it is. This morning I struggled to plug in the toaster, and I can no longer take the cap off a bottle of water. I hate that I had to eat without being hungry but I didn't want to wait until I was hungry to get relief from this pain. After I get finished here I will probably go back to bed.

Nikkitx73, once you talk to your doctor, why don't you come back and discuss the diagnosis with us. I hope it's just prediabetes and easy to control.

When you are used to warmer weather, 42 does seem cold. Our colder weather and precipitation is coming back today. I hope to get to the store before it gets bad.

I was looking on the map to see where my niece moved to. It looks like she is about 150 miles SW from you in a town called Kyle. I doubt if she will ever come back here, as her husband is younger than her and his job took them there. She is the one who had that very severe heart attack a couple years ago. I think she's doing OK now, but they were never able to fix the damage to her heart.

I'm going back to bed.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Carol Sue Sorry about the pain, but I wonder if the weather has something to do with it. I noticed a little something as our weather changed. I am used to taking 2 Tylenol every night but it really doesn't take care of my neck pain I've had lately. I've heard so much bad about ibuprofen and I'm not supposed to take it with Lisinopril and don't want any side effects from it so I hate to take it. It has never caused stomach problems for me but did the last time I took it. So last night I just took 1 Tylenol instead of 2. I didn't tell any difference from taking 2. So I might try that for a while with the baby aspirin. I know turmeric is good for tat too. Have you been taking yours? I know you were forgetting to take it there for a few days and the pains came back. I can't take the pills, but I have been adding it to food this past week or so. I decided since they make mustard with it then why not mix it with or sprinkle it on foods. I mixed it into our hamburger meat yesterday. Maybe that is why my joints are better today.

The only problem I had with the soup that I had was that my swelling didn't go all the way down with the little fluid pill I take. I never liked Lasix, but I talked to the CHF nurse and I just might see if the doctor will switch me to it when I see him. I'm not sure what I pay for the pill I take, but I will find out today when I pick it up. If it would be cheaper to take Lasix, I will switch. My Medicare and Part D insurance took all my 2% raise plus some and my SS check will be $15 less. I was reading something on line about Medicare and I really like the way our doctor does things here. That once a year appointment we have is a Preventative thing to stay on top of things so that if something happens to us they can catch it hopefully before things get worse. Perhaps our move to TX was good if for no other reason than that.

Any way the soup didn't hurt my FBS. In fact, it was down a little today. I think I will stick with the CM breakfast, eat more carbs within the 1 hr rule of CAD and eat whatever I really want at out main meal and then just have a snack later, but eat it within the 8 hr window. I got some of that Garden veggie cream cheese you mentioned and I liked it. I could have that on celery or with some veggies and alternate it with HEB's version of Laughing Cow wedges. It would be light, a little bit of protein with veggies and still be low carbish.

Got to run. Going to beauty shop then coming back home. I'll have my LC breakfast omelet and then I want to put a crockpot of chili on so it will be ready when we get home from shopping. We are going to Sam's, a different HEB I've been wanting to start shopping at and then by Walmart to get meds. I have my preferences at different store. I like milk from Sam's or Walmart, but I can only get extra large eggs at HEB and I really like the better quality of some veggie at HEB than at Walmart. I think we are more cattle country over in this part of town and this HEB has greater quantity and quality of meat. They also carry some of the DeVince 0 calorie syrups over here. So I would love to go there to shop.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nikkitx73, I see TX on your name. Are you from TX and if so where? I'm in Central TX... Waco.

BBL
Old 01-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #48  

Trish, I never thought about the weather causing the increase in my pain. It's possible. The pain is significantly less now. I didn't get to go back to sleep because DH wanted to go out early for our errands before the freezing rain came. I don't think it's coming until around 4 PM. We went to the bank, then to Aldi's, then to the supermarket, then the gas station, then Dollar General. I would like to go to Walmart if he goes out again. I buy different things at different places. I only buy my coffee creamer at Aldi's because it tastes the best of all I've tried. It's hard to get sugar free. I also buy bags of meatballs there. I like their produce the best of anywhere and will only buy it elsewhere if I don't need other things from Aldi's. DH didn't like their potatoes, so we went to the regular supermarket for them. Then I went to Dollar General to get a card and Tylenol Arthritis. I find them the lowest price for generic OTC meds. These stores were all within 3 miles of our home. If we got to Walmart, that's 5miles in the opposite direction. Eggs have been going up in price again, but Walmart is holding them at 88 cents a dozen. They say Large, but they are much bigger than large from the other stores. And I couldn't find anywhere that had the Fiber One cereal I like. I hope they aren't discontinuing it. If I find it at Walmart I will buy a few boxes.

Motrin helps my pain the best, but my cardiologist doesn't want me taking it because it contributes to strokes and heart attacks. Extra Strength Tylenol helps me sleep better, but I try not to take it every night. And I keep a small bottle of generic Tylenol Arthritis on hand for when I want something a little stronger. I buy all store brand if I can get it. I am still taking the Tumeric and I remember most days, but it helps with my foot, but not as much with my hands. I also bought some McCormick Tumeric to put in food, but remember to also add black pepper to the food, as that is said to activate the Tumeric.

We also have that one year Preventative office visit but we have never done it. I go once a year to make sure I get my new prescriptions and that's it, unless I have a particular problem. I see the cardiologist twice a year. I'm supposed to see the sleep doctor once a year but I skip that if I can get out of it. He doesn't do anything except ask me if I'm having any problems. I would rather just make an appointment if I have problems.

Our Medicare payment wiped out most of our Social Security raise. I got $2 more and DH got $1 more per month. LOL It's ridiculous. The people who need it the most get hit the hardest.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #49  

A quick check in while DH gets ready to leave.

I'm not sure about long Fasts for me. My FBS before coffee at 8:45 was 154. However, I didn't eat anything until I got back from beauty shop. Just before eating, my bs was 180 at 11:45. Not quite sure what caused this. I decided to eat half serving of oatmeal with my eggs and Canadian bacon with yogurt and a little fruit. Had about 1/4 banana and a few blackberries. Blackberries seem to be available and inexpensive right now.

I think I'm going to eat more toward better cholesterol (oatmeal) and clean arteries (berries) etc. I did eat 2 eggs. I have chili with beans cooking in crockpot. Then if I need a snack later, I will have celery, carrots and Garden veggie cream cheese. Although I didn't understand the higher reading later, I'm going to continue doing IF 8:16. The higher blood sugar readings are why I've stopped IF before, but I read something on Yahoo health from Dr. Fung. I've decided that maybe I just need to give it more of a chance to work in the long run.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #50  

Today I called in my Rx for Glimiperide. I don't know if I have enough to last until my doctor's appointment on Wednesday. The recorded message said they had to contact the doctor to renew and wouldn't have it until Wednesday. I was considering going to the store to ask for a courtesy fill to last until my appointment, but didn't want to go with the weather getting bad. A couple hours later they called and said my Rx is ready for pickup. Apparently, the doctor responded right away. I will pick it up tomorrow or Sunday, depending on when the roads clear up. This morning our temps were in the 60s and now have dropped down to 32. Over the weekend, it's going down to 4 degrees. Brrrrrr

My friend had her doctors appointment and her biopsy was positive for squamous cell carcinoma. I'm not really sure where her cancer actually is, but is in the lower GI tract. She said she had to go see an oncologist and will probably be having radiation. I feel so bad for her, living alone. Her son, sister and brother are relatively useless, unfortunately. Her ex-sister-in-law is very helpful to her. I cannot really help her because she has all those stairs in her townhouse and I can barely navigate them. I have only been to her place about 3 times. It's possible that she will get home nurse help considering her living arrangements.

I got in a little bit of a nap this afternoon, but I am still very tired. I will take Tylenol and hope I sleep well.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #51  

Sleep was good. I feel refreshed, not so tired and exhausted like yesterday. I took the Tylenol Arthritis instead of the regular. I got a little bit of pain in my hands overnight but I woke up with a dry mouth and drank some water and went back to sleep and now my pain is lessened. I know I need to drink more water. Maybe that would help with my pain level. Who knows? Can't hurt to try.

We ended up with about 4-5 inches of snow, and they said there is ice underneath because of the freezing rain that came first. Our road has not been plowed yet, but they do the main roads first. When they do ours, I know the main roads are clear. It looks pretty, but it's only 17 degrees out there!! A neighbor is snow blowing his driveway and he is so bundled up I can't really see who it is. LOL
Old 01-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #52  

Aha! I found this article about how drinking water can ease joint pain. I know I don't drink enough, and I drink even less when it's cold.

https://www.avogel.co.uk/health/musc...or-joint-pain/

Back when I was still working I was drinking a lot less coffee, if any. I would drink a bottle of water while getting ready for work, then another bottle the first two hours I was there. It was a habit I got into, and obviously a good one. In the past couple years my body has gotten colder and I seem to avoid it.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-13-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #53  

Someone just posted this recipe and it actually looks good to me! I wonder if it tastes like meat. I don't know much about vital wheat gluten.

http://jamesstrange.com/recipe/lentil-salisbury-steaks/

Ok, so here is a site that gives reasons not to eat vital wheat gluten.

https://draxe.com/seitan/

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-13-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #54  

Carol Sue I'm glad to hear your pain is better. Thanks for the links as I think that explains a lot about the joint pain and water. I do think the water is my problem. It explains why I have no problems in the spring and summer, but do have problems in the winter.

It is interesting to me that CHF tells Daddy that his fluids don't have to be water, but can be anything even coffee. He drinks a lot of flavored coffee along with milk and coffee. I think that may have been where the Urologist may have disagreed with the Cardiologist.

I see that I have more problems in the winter than in the summer, because I drink a lot more coffee in the winter and less water. I only like cold, ice water and of course I can't drink that as it makes me colder this time of the year. However, I will have to try to start drinking it at room temperature. Speaking of coffee, I actually found some Maxwell House coffee at HEB the other day and got a can. I always love DH DIL coffee when we visit them and that is what they use. I've been drinking Folgers and I know everyone likes it, but it was always so strong to me and I never really liked it. I made the Maxwell House this morning and it was soooo good. Just my preference. LOL I will have to limit it. I have the Keurig coffee pot and I was buying using so much of the singles so I got one of those filter so I can make a little pot of 3 c which is actually 2 of my mugs. In the summer I only drink 1 pot, but this winter I've been spreading 2 of them over the day. I wish I liked hot tea, but that still wouldn't be water. I will have to work on the water. I have actually heard years ago that you should drink an = amount of water for each cup of caffeine that you drink. I wonder if that is true. Maybe if I drink enough water, I won't have to take fluid pills.

I haven't eat breakfast yet. It is 11:24 and starting to get some hunger pangs so maybe I will go cook some eggs, Canadian bacon and toast. I am just holding my own with the weight this morning, but my FBS was up which was no surprise since I had junk food snack last night. Just got too tired and got hungry and too tired to fix anything healthy. Just can't keep doing this.

I have a beautifully looking and smelling beef stew in the crockpot for dinner. DH likes his stew made with the meat shredded and I had been putting off making this because I just can't shred beef not sure why. Any way I took the meat out last night to thaw and it is really small cuts so I'm hoping it will cook tender enough that he can eat it. It has potatoes, carrots and onions in it and no other veggies because he is so picky. Therefore, I will make us salads to go with it.

We were able to get some cauliflower yesterday at the other HEB. I looked at their meat dept. and I think I will start going there to buy meat. They not only have a lot of it, but they have great looking stuff. I can buy smaller quantities than Sam's and just as good. Plus I can still divide it up and get more meals out of them. I asked the guy at Sam's yesterday, "I heard Sam's is closing a lot of stores, surely they aren't going to close you are they?" He said, "There is no way they will close this store". He said, "We make too much money for them. Bottom line, we make a great profit for them". I figured it was like that since we are the largest Sam's for miles around and serve many cities around here as far away as over 30 to 45 miles. I think the closest one from here is probably about 80 miles away.

Well, I was trying to wait until noon to start eating so I will now make my breakfast. Not following any other plan today than IE/IF.

Have a good day.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #55  

Trish, I have heard that fluids can be anything, not just water, but caffeine has a diuretic effect so I think that's why some say not to count it for fluid. I don't really know. I drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day, but can't usually drink it after 10 or 11 AM. It's just a morning thing for me. DH drinks it all day and drinks very little water. He too has a lot of pain. I would tell him to drink more water but he wouldn't listen. I can drink hot tea. I want to get some decaffeinated as what I have right now has caffeine.

DH always buys Maxwell House. One time we bought Folgers and I liked it, but it was more expensive so we switched back. Maxwell House goes on sale often in our area.

I have never shopped at Sam's club. I don't like buying the big packages of everything. I find that I can get things at a good price in the regular stores by watching for sales. You always have to factor in the membership fee you pay. My step-son and his wife go to Sam's. I went with her once but I was not impressed. I didn't buy anything.

We went out and got our prescriptions. I'm glad I didn't go for mine yesterday because they called today to say that DH's rx was ready, too. We got a few other things we needed. DH wanted a pizza so I cut one slice in half and told myself I had 2 slices. LOL It was good, but I don't need more.

I bought some new soup Campbell's has out. I had a coupon and wanted to try it. Target didn't have all of the varieties. I only got the Minestrone with Kale because the others were higher in carbs.

https://www.campbells.com/well-yes/soups/

Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder than today. DH is going to want to watch the football games so we will be staying in.

Today at Goodwill I got a fleece Steeler throw. I will be cuddled under that while the game is on.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-13-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #56  

Carol Sue I think I am going to start going to Aldi's again for some shopping. DH found a YouTube thing that told about Aldi's and where they came from. From what I got from the info, they were created by 2 brothers in Germany if I remember right. One wanted things differently from the other so there are actually 2 types, but I can't remember the difference. I guess it wasn't important to me. I was impressed that the products are quality, but less expensive plus healthy seemed to be their goal. I shopped there when all the kids lived with us as this was the only way I could have the snacks as well as fruit for them. I know the ladies at our church in SC always bought our fruit especially strawberries from there.

I am re-reading my Prevention's Diabetic Diet Cookbook I got many years ago. It has 2 Phases to follow. Calories are figured between 1400 to 1600 a day.. Phase 1 uses a ratio of 40% carbs (not less than 130 total/day) 20 - 30% protein and 30 - 35% predominantly healthy fats. 20 g fiber minimum.

Phase 2 is planned around 1400 - 1600 calories as well, with the carbs approximately 45 - 60%, protein 15 - 25% and 25 - 30% healthy fats. Both plans include 3 meals and 3 snacks. 30 g fiber minimum.

According to this book is that the key to controlling diabetes is "fiber" and even back then they stressed eating more whole foods and stay away from processed foods as much as possible. This part is the part that impressed me the most. A minimum of 20 to 30 grams of fiber is the key for controlling glucose. Of course, we know that fiber isn't just in high carbs. In fact, this book has what they call Go, slow and whoa foods. It seems to me that the lower glycemic foods are Go, as they become a little more they are slow down on these and then anything with sugar etc are whoa foods.

I am planning to take the ideas from this book and use the Reader's Digest Magic Foods for Better Blood Sugar to make my food plans from. I don't think I can handle 30 g fiber so I will go 20 to 25 g. I will probably get a lot of that from lower carb veggies. In fact, I may put that ratio of 1600 calories with Phase 1 ratio of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. That sounds more balanced healthy. I think I will use MFP to keep track of it too. I will start that tomorrow.

I am drinking room temperature water today and it isn't too bad. The stew was good. We have enough for another day. I think we will take the leftover chili and have open faced chili dogs tomorrow. We can have the stew one day next week when the high is supposed to be in the 30s. I have some beans and we might have those one of those days too. It is so much easier cooking when it is so cold.

Right now I feel very full and satisfied. If this was a meal that will stay with me, I might not have to eat anything else today. As of right now, I have no desire to eat anything else. It would be really nice to end the day with a 5 hr eating window. We'll see how it goes.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #57  

Right now I am trying very hard not to eat anything else. After dinner, DH gave me one piece of gum drop candy and a few pretzels. He tends to give me some of everything he eats. I would like him to stop that, but if I tell him that he will feel bad. He thinks he's being nice by sharing. He knows I like those things, but it's bad enough when I get up and get them myself instead of him bringing them to me. LOL

I just thought of something. I have also heard the Beta Blockers raise blood sugar, and I take mine in the morning when I get up and another in the evening. I wonder if this is why my blood sugar continues to rise in the morning even when I don't eat. I've been blaming it on the coffee creamer which does have a small amount of carb. If I remember tomorrow I will not take it until around 11, and see if my blood sugar climbs after having my coffee but before the med. Sometimes I think I would like to stop all these meds and see what my body does on it's own. I remember when I first started working at the pharmacy I felt sorry for this woman who sent in 17 prescriptions to be filled. Now I'm getting up there myself. Like really, why do I take 5 pills a day for blood pressure and it's still too high?

My hands hardly hurt at all today. I have no idea why. I don't remember if I took the Tumeric or not. I don't know what will happen if I take extra, but I will take 2 at bedtime just to be sure. I bought a new bottle when I went to Walmart today. That's the only place I've seen it that has the black pepper in it. If they didn't have it I would get it from Amazon. It seems to be a wonder drug for me and I'm so glad I found it.

I'm getting tired. I think I will take my bedtime meds and go to bed.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #58  

Today is my weigh-in day and I am up 2 lbs. I feel like I'm reporting in at AA or OA. LOL It's a new week. I am going to weigh every day this week and see how that goes. I had a talk with DH about what I can and cannot eat for my diabetes. I don't know if it sunk in or not. I don't think he realizes what all is at stake here. He has seen things happen with others, like the neighbors, one lost her eyesight, one lost toes, but I don't think he thinks it could happen to me. I am the one putting the food in my mouth, but he is also wrong to bring things to me that I should not be eating.

I got up very early this morning. Around 6 AM. I checked FBG and it was 148. I did not take any meds. I had 3 cups of coffee, and now it's 208!! So I can forget about the Beta Blocker being to blame. Last night I woke up around 2 am and tested and it was not low, but lower than I expected, so I had a piece of candy. That might be why my BS is rising so fast. This is one of the reasons I want off the Glimiperide. It scares me, ever since I woke up with that low of 44. I really hope you don't go on it Trish. Not only does is cause hypos, but it also can cause weight gain, or inhibit weight loss, which is just as bad.

I am going to go back to my daily tracking of weight, blood sugar, blood pressure and food. I am going to make a concentrated effort to improve all of them. My new goal is to have someone notice that I've lost weight. That would probably take about a 20 lbs weight loss. What makes me think I can do this now when I haven't done it for so long?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-14-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #59  

Carol Sue I absolutely pigged out last night. I recently bought a store brand of Ritz crackers telling myself I will eat 5 of those instead of 5 saltine crackers with my salad everyday. I actually realized one day that I like the saltine crackers much better than the Ritz, but once I start eating them I can't seem to stop. I think it is because they taste sweet which means they probably have sugar in them. I think I have one package left and I just may have to put them down the disposal. That is awful, isn't it?

I went to bed and I prayed telling the Lord that I really need his help, because I'm not doing well with this at all on my own. I had promised myself that I would never do this again and here I am. I asked Him to help me. I really believe He has given me a whole new attitude about all this.

When DH BIL found out he had diabetes, he decided that I was diabetic again too. I had lost a lot of weight and had kind of used some of the guidelines in this Prevention's Diabetic Diet Cookbook. I had just started going to a chiropractor who rain some tests and he had said to me "One thing is good is that your blood sugar is good. You are not diabetic". I knew I had been eating properly so I knew that was good. But one day DH BIL and SIL and I went out to eat. They wanted us to come by and see their new apartment so we did. Now mind you, we had just eaten at Outback steak house and DH and I had shared a steak, a baked potato loaded and I had veggies and maybe even a salad with one of their dressings plus we all always shared a blooming onion with the sauce. We got to their apartment probably about 20 minutes after we had finished that meal. He showed us their apartment and then he said "Let me check your blood sugar". So I did. My blood sugar less than an hour after eating all that food was 145. I would love to have a 145 reading after any meal these days. I wasn't diabetic, but he made me think I was and I started all this crap. Then when I went to see the new doctor when I got Medicare, I was probably Pre-diabetic, but not diabetic. I've been on this rollercoaster every since. NO MORE!!!

I went back on MFP this morning. I am using the Phase 1 ratios on the carbs, protein and fat although I'm not being exact. Those are guidelines. I did set my calorie high at 1600 as the book does. I am not following a plan per se. I am going to do as IE says and eat what I want within those guidelines. I set my carbs to be no more than went with the 40% carbs, 35% fat and 25% protein. I read somewhere that women didn't really need more than 90 g protein a day so I set it at that. My exercise will be the bike for 20 minutes 3 days a week on days I don't go to meet Daddy and DS for breakfast. It is just too difficult to work in the time on those days and I usually go to store on those days and walk. I intend to do a minimum of 15 minutes of exercise in the form of housecleaning everyday to keep myself active. We haven't been to church any where here and like the Daddy and DS preacher who does Bible Study in his home. It is a long way over there, but I'm thinking if DH would go that we could go there on Sundays and then go to Daddy's on the way home so I could do his pills and then we wouldn't have to go anywhere on Tuesday which would be a relief to me. Will talk to DH about that later today. I am going to try to stay within an 8 hr eating window if I can. I still like to stop eating around 7ish no matter what time I have my first meal which is usually anywhere from 11 to noon. I just don't want an limits on what I can and can't or even when I can and can't eat because hard fast rules seems to sets me up for failure. I'm trying to stop those things.

This morning my weight was back up to 220.1 and FBS was 170. No surprise after yesterday. I just seemed to want to do nothing but eat last night. I refuse to continue to gain and I refuse to have to take more pills. I don't really want to take any diabetic meds if I don't have to and since I've been able to change it before I surely can do it again by the Grace of God. I have this plan and I am starting today. I do better if I plan ahead and track on MFP. It makes things so much easier for me.

Everyone was always concerned with could I have something sweet. My SC doctor told DH "She can have a bowl of ice cream for a meal if she wants it. She just has to make it part of her calories for the day". That is the way I am going at this from this day forward. There may be things I may choose Not to Have any more because they are triggers, but there will not be anything I CANNOT have if I really want it as long as I keep it within the confines of my calorie count for the day.

Today my calorie plan is 1394, Carbs 117, Fat 70 and Protein 77. My sodium is 1946 Sugar 51 and Fiber 17. I'm going to go slow raising my fiber. I think raising it too fast is what causes my potty issues. Activity today will be 65 minutes. I don't go by the calories they say I will burn because everybody is different and I don't think they know as much about that as they think. I also have planned to drink 10 glasses of fluid, but I plan for most of those to be from room temp water. I think I can get used to that. LOL

I'm having a pb, banana toast with cinnamon on it for breakfast this morning with a cup of coffee. I'm going to go make that now as it is almost 11 am here. We are having breakfast for our main meal today and I have a salad with sliced chicken tenders and mozzarella cheese and light mayo with crackers for supper. I will have some unsweetened applesauce with the 2 cinnamon pills poured in it.

I think we both know what we need to do so now to get started. You have a good day and stay warm.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #60  

Trish, DH and I like Ritz Crackers too but I only buy a box over Christmas to go with my cheese spreads then when it's gone, I don't buy it again until the next Christmas.

I googled, and they have 1 gm of sugar, and it is from High Fructose Corn Syrup. I think that's why they are so addictive. Saltines have no sugar. I keep them on hand because they rarely tempt me.

I agree that you are probably not diabetic, but maybe pre-diabetic. I don't remember what you said your last A1c was, but I remember it wasn't really high. I am definitely diabetic, but I can and will get it back in line if it kills me. I have decided to stop the candy, pretzels, chips, and popcorn I have been snacking on. The calories and carbs in them add up. I did this before and I can do it again.

Today I drained and rinses a can of Progresso Lentil Soup and packaged it in 3 portions and froze them. I can quickly defrost them when I want some. I also found 2 pkgs of some other beans in the freezer but I didn't label them so I have no clue what they are. LOL Maybe kidney beans or pinto beans. I will defrost them tomorrow and maybe make chili. I love chili, but DH can take it or leave it. He has started to like canned chili and expects mine to be like their, but I like my own much better, made with fresh ingredients that I can pronounce.

Tomorrow I go to see the sleep doctor. It is a follow up visit from getting the new CPap machine and is required by insurance. My only complaint is that I have trouble gripping the water reservoir to remove it to fill it. I don't think they can do anything about that. DH helps me or I just struggle with it.

Then after that I want to go to KMart. I got an email from them saying that I have $45 in "free money" to spend there. I have no idea why I would have that as I haven't been there in probably a year. It doesn't say anything about any limitations, and doesn't specify a minimum purchase. I will ask at Customer Service and see what they say. I'm sure I can find something to buy if it's legit. If it is, I can get things like laundry soap and paper products.

Every day I try to not eat after dinner, and I can never seem to do it. Maybe today.
Closed Thread