Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, for now, I am going to go back to eating the yogurt I was eating before. I went to the store yesterday and they were out of it until Thursday. I think we only have GNC around here and I don't like them. I will put off using supplements as long as I can.

I haven't had any problems for a few days, and I ate my boiled chicken yesterday with no problem, so I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's not the chicken, or maybe it wasn't as greasy as before.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #63  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.....just another Thursday for me
Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #64  

Yes, p.a. but we all wished you Happy Thanksgiving a while back.....or we meant to!!

I am very please with myself. I ate 1 plateful and included everything, no food was omitted, and I did NOT go back for a second helping of anything, and nothing to eat the rest of the day. I was completely happy and satisfied, and am glad I did not sit here afterwards with an overstuffed belly and slept great, with no indigestion. Those of you who know me well, know that that was a significant accomplishment for me. Conquering my overeating is my goal. IE and IF, the way God meant for me to eat.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #65  

Carol Sue You did great with your eating. Good for you.

We had about 26 people here Thanksgiving. My sister, Daddy and nieces helped with the food. DH worked like a Trojan and we actually got the house presentable. All the nieces and nephews I kept from babies showed up and even the nephew and niece who now lives in CA were here. I had the niece who just got transferred to a new job in OK and her brother and his family couldn't be here and my baby sister who lives in MS wasn't here, but my baby sister and her husband will be here Christmas. It was a very tiring day but it was also a wonderful day. We all said that we were truly blessed.

I actually didn't eat very much only because I was so busy entertaining and visiting with everyone that I just forgot to eat. I did have one plate of food and a few bites of dessert and then never got back to eating any more. I have eaten a little off yesterday and today, but I will back OP tomorrow.

The nephew and his family who didn't come Thanksgiving day, came to his Mom's Friday. We went over to see him there. His wife and son were on their way to FL. Any way, he was IF. He is Vegan. However, we talked about IF. I did IF today and I just might be OP as I have been eating what I want IE but using IF at the same time and plan to continue doing so. My FBS was 162 today which I consider pretty good at this point. Weight has gone back in the 220s once I started eating again after virus, but was back down to 222.8 this morning. I will start back to exercising Monday thru Friday starting Monday.

My vegetarian niece made a hominy chili which was way to spicy for me, but I took it and made a veggie soup out of it and will be using it each day. She made a lentils loaf and left some of it for me I removed the breading and heated it up for lunch today. I'm hoping the lentils and the veggies including some sort of bean in the soup will help bring my FBS down more. I have decided that I am not and I have no desire to be a vegan or vegetarian.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-26-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #66  

Morning everyone
Yes Carol you did wish me an earlier thanksgiving. Glad you ate so sensibly and felt so good afterwards. That's a huge accomplishment with holidays.
Trish wow that's a lot of people,,,, sounds like it all went smoothly!

On to Christmas now! Trying to hang on here. It's been tough with the carbs once again. I do well for a few days then slip. I need to get back to where I was a year ago eatingwise. One day ata a time right?
Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #67  

Trish, I am so happy you are back in Tx with your family for the holidays. It was a big group, but it sounds like you really enjoyed yourself, and being busy kept you from over eating. I could never be Vegan either. LOL I could eat their food, but would have to have it along side a nice piece of meat.

p.a. Keep remembering your doctor's appointment and it will help you stay on the straight and narrow.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #68  

Trish, do you have a Kindle? If so, there's a really good Kindle book for 99 cents called Lean Fast Diet. It's about IF, and although it has a lot of info I already knew, it had some I never realized before. When I saw it I thought it was a free one and didn't realize until after I clicked on it that it was 99 cents, but now I'm glad. It was worth it and I can refer back to it.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #69  

Carol Sue No I don't have a kindle, but I've decided that I want one and plan to get it for Christmas. Thanks for sharing about the book, because I am doing IF with IE and I did a 6 hr eating window today. I also think the Probiotic I am taking is helping me to digest my food right and I suspect that I am starting to get nutrition from my food which keeps me satisfied longer. I also did my 15 minutes on the recumbent bike. My back was hurting and I knew it would help it. So I am starting the week out right.

You are right. I totally enjoyed being with my family. They were so appreciative of us having them here and for DH bringing me back home. I was tired though so I spent Saturday and Sunday resting up. One of my nephews told me Thanksgiving night as he was getting ready to leave "Aunt Pat, you are the glue that holds this family together. Because you are here now, Mama and Daddy will move back and we will be a family again." It really made me feel so good and also makes me feel I am exactly where I belong. Plus it feels good to be around people who love me and make me feel like I have a purpose even if it is holding our family together. It is an honor to be that person. I think of certain people on both sides of my daddy's and mama's families who when they died our families didn't get together any more. Now many of us are scattered although we do use FB to stay connected. Harder stay close these days.

Late night and I'm meeting my DD and DS tomorrow for breakfast. I'll get back here sometime tomorrow (I should say later today as it is 12:30am here).

Have a great day.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #70  

I have always said I will never give up, but I am about ready to give up now.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #71  

I just typed a who message and lost it. I have to leave for a while, but will be back later to post.

Carol Sue My friend. Please don't give up. We can do this. WE WILL do this.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #72  

Carol Sue So sorry you are feeling discouraged right now. I definitely have had my times of feeling like that myself. I hope you are feeling better now. You have no idea how many times I have thought that I just wanted to give up, but we do know the alternative if we do give up. So we cannot do that because we don't want the complications that go along with quitting. So come on dear friend and let's get busy doing this together.

I started to join WW today, however, I decided to follow the WW way of eating, but count the calories on MFP. I started today. I upped my calories to what my previous doctor told me to eat of 1800 calories to cover when we go out to eat not counting my Whataburger days. I will make 1800 calories my high days and think of my low days as 1200 calories and most days some where in between. I did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike Sunday and Monday, but decided to do 20 minutest today because I want to do 2 miles a day for 6 days a week.

I hope that if I get a routine of eating right that my sister and my daddy will be encouraged to do the same. My sister and I are planning to get our daddy a recumbent bike. We can't call it a Christmas present because he asked us not to buy him anything for Christmas so I hope we can just get it before Christmas. He has always been active and I think if he could have the bike to ride each day that it would strengthen his legs. I hope we can get it ordered and shipped to him next week. DH needs to go over there to work on a project on his computer and it would be nice if it would arrive so he could put the bike together for him while we are there.

I have had a great day today. So I've got one successful day behind me now.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #73  

Trish, I went to visit my friend who lost weight. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for her. She has found the "click" and is doing very well. She said she never thought should would ever get this low. But I am so jealous of her success. You would think that it would give me incentive to follow her lead, but instead my weight and blood sugar are both going up. I was doing so well there for a while. I don't know what happened, but I have gained 8-10 lbs just in the past month or so. I haven't had a gain like that since I first lost in 2008. It was always up 2-3 then back down. I know I am letting DH influence me, and I should just ignore him and do what I want. It's just so hard for me. He knows my weaknesses. I hate to think that he is sabotaging me on purpose. I really don't care what he eats and he should care what I eat. But he will be eating something, and breaks a piece off and puts it right in front of my face and says "Here, do you want some?" I am so weak...that's all it takes, and he knows it. Yesterday I successfully dumped the mashed potatoes into the sink after he was finished, so I wouldn't eat any. But then later on he made pancakes and naturally, he made too many and left them sitting there on the counter. Too much of a temptation. I should have dumped them down the garbage disposal, but No, I had to slather them with butter and eat them. I tell him to dump the excess batter but he doesn't. So this isn't going to be successful unless I grow a backbone and stand up for myself. But I didn't get married to fight. I am having a hard time to be diplomatic about this.

So anyway, I am happy for your successes, too, and hope this plan works well for you. You have your family to worry about, too, and want to be a good influence on them. I still ride my recumbent bike and it helps with my knee. My knee doesn't click anymore, and I think that's a good sign. I also have another piece of equipment that is good for strengthening my legs. It is called a Body Glide, and they don't make them anymore. You sit on it as if you're sitting on a bike. You push down with your legs and straighten them out, and at the same time the handlebars are coming toward your chest and you get the arm movement, too. DH thinks it's useless and wants me to get rid of it, but he doesn't realize how much I need that leg strengthening to keep me mobile. Right now he has it blocked with two used bicycles he bought and I have to move them out of the way each time I want to use it. See, he acts all innocent about these things, but I tend to feel that he is sabotaging me because he wants me to get rid of that piece of equipment and I won't do what he tells me. This should make me more determined to show him how it helps me, but instead it just adds to my depression about the whole thing. He keeps on me about my lack of mobility and tells me I'm going to need a walker if I don't do something, but then he is detrimental to my success.

I know this Body Glide is working, because I count how many pushes I do. If I do 50, my muscles are very sore for the next couple days. When I get back to it, I do 30 and increase gradually, because I don't want to get so sore that I stop.

So that's enough of a rant. I just need to pull up my big-girl pants and do what I know I need to do....not let anyone stand in my way.

I gotta be meeeeeeeeeeee!! LOL
Old 11-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #74  

Carol Sue You do seem to have a dilemma going on there. My second husband used to make me feel like he was sabotaging my diet. I was doing a very strict low carb at the time and I would send him to the store and if I didn't tell him specifically what I wanted to eat, he would come back with pizza. I didn't even like pizza back then and it wasn't something that we ate very often. I was in a support group at the time and when I shared the situation with others I found others felt the same with their mate. I actually read one time where a girl decided to take control of her life and lose weight and when she got down to goal her husband left her. He couldn't deal with her being thin. Of course, I'm not saying your husband is consciously sabotaging you and I don't think my previous hubby was either, I think that for some reason they aren't even aware of that the do.

My DH I have now used to fuss at me about things I ate, but since he has to work so hard at keeping his bs and weight under control I notice he doesn't say too much any more about what I'm doing. He doesn't try to influence what I should or shouldn't be eating any more either. I think he understands more now that he is in the same situation.

You really can't judge yourself by your friend. My sister and I were talking this morning about how our baby sister has always been able to keep her weight down. She gained a lot of weight about a year ago, but has now got her weight back down. She does a lowfat diet that her doctor gave her plus she has not cut out her desserts. I got her a Splenda cookbook for cooking desserts. She said she cooks everything with Splenda and no one in her family can tell the difference. I plan to do that for the Christmas goodies for DH and me. I noticed at Amazon that they have another Splenda cookbook with more recipes than just desserts. I plan to order it. But our baby sister hasn't always kept her weight off "healthy". We also realize that throughout the years, she has had an eating disorder. Her DH actually called me one day and said "Trisha, you need to talk to your sister. She needs to put on some weight. She has lost so much weight I can see her ribs." That isn't healthy. I thank God that she has finally learned how to do lose the weight and keep it off "healthy" rather than the way she did before. She almost ruined her health.

You are blessed to know how to do this in a healthy way. Why don't you think about going back to eating the way you ate when you lost the weight after your surgery. Just a suggestion. I've decided that as we get older that our system changes. That is why I am not going to worry about lowcarb dieting any more. I'm going for "healthy". I have to do what works for me that I can live with and SO DO YOU. I agree with you "you have to be you" and that is a good thing not a bad thing. I let DH do what works for him and I do what works for me.

I'm not going to do lowcarb any more. I plan to do a lowfat but not high carb way of eating counting calories.

I need to change my ticker so that it reads the same as on MFP. I have only lost about 3 lbs this month, but that is okay. I'm going to make Sunday's my WI day. So I will change my ticker once a week if I have enough loss to change it here. I got mail to renew my WW magazine and give a free 1 yr subscription gift to someone. So I gave it to my sister since I want her and her DH to do this with me. He actually made Lifetime on WW a few years back, but he needs to get back OP too. Maybe we can all do this together. I've decided that if I cannot do this counting calories on my own that I will join WW either online or go to meetings. I am going to do this. The fun thing about the meetings would be the rewards.

Guess I better get off of here. I need to decide what I'm cooking with our fish today and record it on MFP.

I hope you will be feeling better soon. I will have you in my prayers.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #75  

Oh, Trish, I hated the rewards at the WW meetings! I felt like I was back in kindergarten! And I CAN remember back that far. LOL But we are all different, and if it gives you incentive, go for it. I liked the meetings for hearing everyone say what they were doing and how it was working.

After my surgery, I lost well, but it was because I was so nauseated. I would take a few bites then couldn't eat any more. It was almost like the way people get after having bariatric weight loss by-pass surgery. It wore off after a couple months and my appetite came back. I remember being disappointed by that.

I saw a Splenda cookbook at Goodwill recently. Had I known you were interested, it was only $2, and I get senior discount. I would not cook with Splenda because DH would not eat it.

Trish, there are time when DH and I discuss weight and he agrees that I need to lose for my health, but it just doesn't seem that way when he is always offering me food. I need to learn to just say no. I did that with the ice cream. There is this great Dairy Queen in a nearby town. They have the best ice cream and we always used to stop when we went out that way. Last year I decided that I was only going to treat myself one time all season and I chose the end of September to do it. DH would want to stop, but he would say he wasn't going to stop just for himself. I told him he will be going a very long time without ice cream if he's going to wait for me to get some, so then he started to stop just for himself. But then he would be eating it and saying "Yum! Do you want some?" When I said no he would say "Are you sure???" Like he wan taunting me with it. This past summer I only got it twice. I think if I start being strong and turn things down he will eventually get used to it and the more I do it the easier it will become.

Just once I would like to hear someone say that I was getting too thin. LOL
Closed Thread