3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   June Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/296407-june-chat.html)

dgramie 06-16-2014 07:56 AM

Where does the weekend go?? It was a fast one!!
Fbs was 104 today. I didn't snack before bed. Guess I will see what the dr says today.

Shannonsnail 06-16-2014 09:55 AM

Good morning! My whoosh stayed, yay! 3.2 lb loss for the week and my FBS was 96 today!!

Wannabehealthy 06-16-2014 11:35 AM

I am not doing as well as everyone else. :( I have had to take my glimiperide because I'm eating too many carbs. I haven't been eating my lunch time veggies. My weight is up a bit, too. So I just made some cabbage and collard greens with onions, garlic and lentils. Sprinkled a bit of feta cheese on top, and that's lunch. I had leftover brussels sprouts so I cut them up and mixed them in with it. It's very satisfying. I like it, but if I don't take the time to make it I end up eating something I shouldn't.

We went to my step-son's for Father's Day dinner. He is usually a really good cook but the food wasn't all that great. He cooked ribs and chops in the smoker and they were a little tough. The best part of the meal was the baked potato :) which I probably shouldn't have eaten.

dgramie, it looks like you need that bedtime snack for your FBG. Wonder what the DR will say?

Shannon, seems like Olivia is a little wound up! It must be difficult when you are alone with her so much. You DO need a break.

Trish, glad you are having a nice vacation and doing well with your foods. I just bought some hearts of romaine over the weekend and grilled them with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits. I had that on a buffet last week and it made me hungry for it. I really don't like blue cheese dressing that much but it goes well with the grilled romaine.

Wannabehealthy 06-16-2014 11:39 AM

DH has to go today to renew his gun permit. He wants me to apply for one. LOL I know nothing about guns. I don't even know where his are kept! But he wants me to try to see if they will issue a permit to me. He wants me to go to the shooting range and at least know how to handle a gun. We went once to an open air shooting range and I was deathly afraid I was going to shoot someone or get shot myself. I filled out the application and am anxious to see what they say. I will not be disappointed if I don't get it.

pattygirl63 06-16-2014 12:06 PM

Shannon I hate it when I have those crashes and yes that is when those things are band from my house too. It is just safer not to have them so readily available. Does Olivia take naps? Maybe you can take a "me time" for Mommy when she does. When I had day care in my home, naptime was "me time" for the sitter. I pray all goes well. Hope you dog will be okay.

A quick one today. I'm trying to check in and at least read to keep me on track as much as possible. I will be so glad when I can actually get back on low carb. My fbs was 142 this morning. Guess mine was from the baked potato and marinate sauce on that beautiful steak. Plus the steak was so good (protein) that I did a no no and ate past satisfied. Craving veggies, but going out with DDIL to a Noodle company and will eat a good salad today. Hopefully I'll get enough veggies to help. Lunch will be trying because DH grew up in IN and loves white castle little burgers. I think we are going there. If I remember right there aren't much veggies on them.

Don't see Rennie or Ruthie lately, sure hope they are doing okay.

I'll try to get on again tonight. If not, I'll catch y'all tomorrow night when we get settled in MO.

Have a good day!!1

Shannonsnail 06-16-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 5024627)
DH has to go today to renew his gun permit. He wants me to apply for one. LOL I know nothing about guns. I don't even know where his are kept! But he wants me to try to see if they will issue a permit to me. He wants me to go to the shooting range and at least know how to handle a gun. We went once to an open air shooting range and I was deathly afraid I was going to shoot someone or get shot myself. I filled out the application and am anxious to see what they say. I will not be disappointed if I don't get it.

We are quite the gun experts here...keep me posted!

love2b150 06-16-2014 01:49 PM

Hi Everyone I'm around :) I had a delicious splurge week and the scale rewarded me. I didn't check my fbs at all so don't know what it was. Yesterday was my first OP day in a long time. We celebrated Father's Day on Thursday since my husband was off that day. We had a family cookout on Saturday and thought I snacked like crazy I got my water in also so the scale was up from that day but not as bad as it could have been. Today I am down 2.4 of the junk and so far away from my next mini goal of 155. My fbs was 143 this morning. Not great but not in the 200's so I'll take it.

dgramie I would love to see 104 but I take it from Carol Sue's comment you are typically lower. Hope the dr gives good news :)

Shannon nice loss for the week and great job on your fbs :)

Carol Sue :hug: Your veggie recipes sound really interesting :)

Trish I'm fine :hug: we had white castle in DC my husband loves it also. I've often wondered what the Noodle Company served. I pass it when going to my daughters and just assumed it was only noodles :) but I've never even googled it :)

Hello to everyone I missed :wave:

pattygirl63 06-16-2014 02:59 PM

Rennie We ate at white castle very carby. More bread than I ever eat in a week especially of white flour. You can go to Noodle.com on line and look at the menu. What I like about their site is that they show calories for 2 sizes of each meal so you can order the size you want and know the calories. They have anything from salads to salads with noodles and even sandwiches th soat can be eaten with a side salad or side soup. I saw a Bangkok meal that is made wit rice noodles which I've seen a lot of low carbers mention eating. It is less than 300 calories and a salad with lots of veggies and protein that was low calorie so I will probably have one of those just haven't decided which one yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

I sure look forward to getting to my sister's so I can get back to eating more low carb.

Carol Sue I forgot your post about the guns. I learned to shoot when I married DH #2. I loved target shooting and one job I had it was part of my job to have to qualify shooting with a pistol once a year. I was good enough to qualify without practicing and they used to fuss at me because I didn't practice. Just relax and get to know your weapon and don't be afraid of it. I would recommend getting comfortable holding it etc before learning to use it. My then DH was a cop. He taught the children and me that you always treat a gun as a loaded gun even if you know it is unloaded because more people are killed accidentally by a gun "they thought" was unloaded. I never could use a revolver because I couldn't cock it. I didn't have enough strength to pull it back to load it. You will do okay.

I am excited to have learned today on FB that my babysister is coming to my Daddy's BD party. I never could get in touch with her and had decided that she wasn't coming. It is going to be fun to have us 3 girls together again.

Editing to say: Now we just need to hear from Ruthie. Hope not hearing from her is because she is just so busy.

Wannabehealthy 06-16-2014 05:12 PM

I got my gun license. I was amazed at how easy it was. I don't know if they do a background check, but the application said your social security number was optional so I didn't give it, so I don't know how they could do a check in the few minutes it took him to enter my info. DH said they are going to make the license harder to get. There were as many women applying as men, and I think I was the youngest one there! LOL The guy sitting next to me was 85!! It makes me wonder if all the people applying for a carry permit really carry a gun.

Trish
, Ruth posted here once this month but I have seen her posts in a couple of the low carb forums. Mad hasn't been here for months! I know there are a lot of time she can't get online because her DH takes their WIFI for work. I hope she's OK.

Good to see you posting, Rennie, and hear that you're doing good! I cooked chicken on the grill today with lightly breaded cauliflower and baked potatoes. I made a very small baked potato for myself. I hope this isn't going to become a habit!

I think there used to be a White Castle in downtown Pittsburgh. Don't know if it's still there. I see some White Castle products in the freezer section. I have never heard of Noodle Co. Must be a southern thing.

Shannonsnail 06-16-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 5024798)
I got my gun license. I was amazed at how easy it was. I don't know if they do a background check, but the application said your social security number was optional so I didn't give it, so I don't know how they could do a check in the few minutes it took him to enter my info. DH said they are going to make the license harder to get. There were as many women applying as men, and I think I was the youngest one there! LOL The guy sitting next to me was 85!! It makes me wonder if all the people applying for a carry permit really carry a gun.

Trish
, Ruth posted here once this month but I have seen her posts in a couple of the low carb forums. Mad hasn't been here for months! I know there are a lot of time she can't get online because her DH takes their WIFI for work. I hope she's OK.

Good to see you posting, Rennie, and hear that you're doing good! I cooked chicken on the grill today with lightly breaded cauliflower and baked potatoes. I made a very small baked potato for myself. I hope this isn't going to become a habit!

I think there used to be a White Castle in downtown Pittsburgh. Don't know if it's still there. I see some White Castle products in the freezer section. I have never heard of Noodle Co. Must be a southern thing.

My hubby has his concealed carry but does not carry on his person regularly unless we go somewhere unsafe. He's been trying to get me to get my license for a while, I just haven't had time to take the class (different requirements here I guess)....or are you talking about a permit to buy a gun? Everytime I go to the range I see other women but I'm in the south and that is pretty common here.

I've seen a low carb recipe floating around for something White Castle....will find it for you gals tonight!

kris2008 06-16-2014 05:55 PM

Stevia - You can just cut off the leaves and eat them. If you dry them, supposed to be much sweeter. You can make teas and tinctures and extracts. They say almost every commercial stevia has something else in it. People have been eating it for centuries though I have been seeing claims that it is dangerous on the internet. No real studies or anything. Might have something to do with the stevia blends you buy in the store and not the actual plant.

I'll play around with it and let you know.

dgramie 06-16-2014 08:01 PM

I can't get in to see my dr till tomorrow. Hoping to get this surgery over with quick.
Bs at 5pm was 91. Had a nice big grilled pork chop and large garden salad. I guess I will snack before bed again.
Hubby loves white castles in the freezer section. I think it's way to much bread. Makes me want to ask where's the beef !!!

Shannonsnail 06-16-2014 09:55 PM

Here is the White Castle Hamburger Pie recipe
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/white_c...urger_pie.html

Shannonsnail 06-16-2014 11:14 PM

Geez, I wrote a long post and lost it. Here is the quick version. Fell into the Nutter Butters again but this time I tested after and it was high so I'm hoping that deters me from such leaps in the future. I am having a bit of a rough week - sick dog is now on two additional meds for bronchitis, he is coughing for hours during the night keeping me from sleeping, daughter is "grounded" from TV which is really best in the long run but hard on me in the short run (and no, she does not nap....I wish. She stopped that abruptly a couple months after turning 2, she will be 4 this weekend....it's been a long two years, lol) and now the AC in my car is not working really well which is a major problem since I need to drive over an hour Thurs to deliver all the baby stuff to my sister-in-law, pick up my mom on the way, go to a house showing (we are looking at houses and our hometown area is at the top of our list if we can't find what we need here for the right money, which is doubtful), see my aunt for lunch on Friday and then drive back home Friday evening. I have to take the dog with me so he can stay on his meds and be watched closely - both he and my daughter need AC and right now it's okay in the front seat but not really getting to the backseat as good as it used to - hoping it's just freon but you know how that goes. It's only 100 degrees here, I'm sure we will be fine, right? NOT! I have an appt on Wed, earliest they could fit me in, to have the car looked at. Sorry for the rant!

dgramie 06-17-2014 07:31 AM

Fbs was 100 today. My bedtime snack was an ounce of cheddar cheese.
I'm a bit nervous about my dr appt. hoping his scales show a loss!!