3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   June Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/296407-june-chat.html)

pattygirl63 06-13-2014 11:53 PM

A quick one girls. I've had such a busy, busy day. I think I finally got everything done and I'm headed to bed. We are getting up early and hoping to get out of here by 7 in the morning. So I am just am flying by to say hello and I will try to check in from time to time when I can. Have a great weekend.

Shannonsnail 06-14-2014 12:02 AM

Before I had my daughter I had quite the Aerogarden going in my house - I loved growing my own herbs! I took it down after she was born because I didn't have as much time to play with it and they were constantly bolting. Now I just have chives, rosemary and basil growing in my backyard.

dgramie 06-14-2014 08:17 AM

I had a half peanut butter sandwich before bed last night and my fbs was 99! Woohoo my lowest of the week !
Got a big roast in the crockpot. Son and his kids are coming for the afternoon.

Wannabehealthy 06-14-2014 08:23 AM

Shannon, my belly picture was taken in my undies, so I WON'T be posting it. LOL My belly looks a lot worse than yours because of my surgeries.

dgramie, I too had a scare with a fibroid. After they saw it, they just told me to come back for another mammogram in 6 months. So after 6 months of worrying, scared to death, they told me it hadn't changed, but I should have a biopsy anyway. I don't know why they didn't just send me for the biopsy in the first place, but that might have had something to do with insurance. When I finally went for the biopsy, the surgeon didn't think I needed it because there was no change, but I told him to do it anyway. He did, it was a fibroid.

Kris, I don't know if I have room to grow herbs, unless I put the pots out on the deck. My son grows a few because he makes home made salsa and needs them for that.

Bonnie, they have some new things out that you can use for sleep apnea instead of wearing the mask. Maybe he can do one of those.

Trish, I know you left already, but I hope you have a good trip.

Rennie, Get thine arse back here!!

Shannonsnail 06-14-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgramie (Post 5023119)
My dr just called and the tumor is fibriod but still needs to come out. He said it's fine not cancer!!

I had a fibroadenoma removed many years ago - it was very quick, not bad at all. I have breast cancer in my family too, it's scary. I had my baseline mammogram early at 35 and just had my second one right before I turned 41. I got a letter that my breasts are "dense"....hard to imagine since they resemble deflated balloons, lol!

Shannonsnail 06-14-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly50 (Post 5022800)
Thanks Ladies Hubby's test all came back good. He said he seen problems with his heart or any of the values. So that is a good thing may be now he will realize that it could be from sleep Apenia . All so far is good seems like their is always something going on around here. have been on the run most of the day. So I am gonna get ready for bed.

How is everyone doing on their food plans Since I started with my dr on January 9th I have not drank soda that was one of the first thing that I stopped doing Never pictured myself Doing something Like that. Now I drink water sometimes some unsweet green tea. But I am so excited that I can now wear a pair of capris that I have not been able to fit in for 10 years now . I love them. gonna see if I can put the pic up for all to see.

Congrats on the 70 lbs! My hubby has sleep apnea too.

kris2008 06-14-2014 08:51 AM

Shannon - Please explain an Aerogarden, thanks.

Shannonsnail 06-14-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris2008 (Post 5023518)
Shannon - Please explain an Aerogarden, thanks.

Kris, it's a miniature hydroponic garden....super fun! Here is a link so you can see examples
http://www.aerogarden.com/?cid=ppc_g...Fc9lOgodiVQAXg

If you click on seed kits then choose 6/7 pod you will see the growing options of my old Aerogarden. Looking at it, I'm now sad I got rid of it, lol!

dgramie 06-15-2014 07:58 AM

I ate to much yesterday and my fbs was 97 this morning. I am totally confused. It seems like if I eat more my numbers are lower. If I eat right on track my numbers are higher.
I will be calling the dr on Monday to set up my lumpectomy and discuss my bs numbers.

Wannabehealthy 06-15-2014 08:59 AM

dgramie, we have often had discussions about why BS does what it does. Many times it doesn't make sense. Sometimes it has to do with what and when you eat, especially when you are pre-diabetic.

kris2008 06-15-2014 09:55 AM

Thanks Shannon, very cool those Aerogardens!

pattygirl63 06-15-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly50 (Post 5022800)
Thanks Ladies Hubby's test all came back good. He said he seen problems with his heart or any of the values. So that is a good thing may be now he will realize that it could be from sleep Apenia . All so far is good seems like their is always something going on around here. have been on the run most of the day. So I am gonna get ready for bed.

How is everyone doing on their food plans Since I started with my dr on January 9th I have not drank soda that was one of the first thing that I stopped doing Never pictured myself Doing something Like that. Now I drink water sometimes some unsweet green tea. But I am so excited that I can now wear a pair of capris that I have not been able to fit in for 10 years now . I love them. gonna see if I can put the pic up for all to see.

Bonnie Terrific news for DH tests came out ok. Hope he gets the help he needs for the Apenia and all goes well. CONGRATULATIONS on being able to wear the capris. You are doing great girl and looking great too!!!

pattygirl63 06-15-2014 06:27 PM

Dgramie and Shannon Yey on the weight loss.

Kris I told DH that when I get back home I plan to buy live plants and put around the house. I saw on some tv show how NASA learned that plants pull the poisons out of the carpet, drapes etc when they wanted clean air for the astronauts. Your herb garden makes me want to try that too. I've never tried an herb garden. How do you use your Stevia? Do just put a leaf in what you drink?

We are at DH sons and enjoying our time here. My eating hasn't been too bad so far. My FBS yesterday was 129 and today was 134 which was good considering the carbs I had yesterday. I've been pretty good today. DH son made steaks, grilled romaine lettuce and baked potatoes for dinner. I had an Atkins shake this morning and have one in the fridge for later. DDIL and DGD and I went to an outlet mall and did lots of walking today and I only had to sit for a little bit to get my hip to stop hurting. Then was able to walk again with no problem. I hope that will help with my FBS tomorrow and then when we get to Missouri I think I'll have no problem walking around museum there. Tomorrow DH, son and grandchildren are going to a game in Indianapolis and DDIL and I are going out to eat for salad. So I think I will be okay with my eating while here.

Carol Sue, Bonnie, Rennie and others :wave:

Catch y'all again when I can.

kris2008 06-15-2014 07:15 PM

I must confess, I have used every herb but the stevia. I need to google to make sure I can just eat it.

Shannonsnail 06-15-2014 09:30 PM

Kris I'm curious too, my stevia is liquid so no clue what I'd do with a leaf!

Trish glad you got to your family's safely, have fun!!

Well, I had a bad crash into a package of Nutter Butters today, mouth first. I think henceforth they will be banned from the house. My daughter loves them but everytime I buy them for her I end up bingeing on them. Hubby got off ok on his work trip to Atlanta today. He took his new truck :-) i've been driving that land boat all week learning to maneuver it. Guess I'll miss it. He will be at a training class all week so I'm alone with the little terror til Saturday night. The battle of the wills is at an all time high right now and this mommy is becoming less and less patient by the hour it seems. I need a timeout. LOL! Our dog, who has congestive heart failure, sounds worse than usual so I guess we will visit the vet tomorrow. I also need to get my blood drawn to monitor my liver for this fungus medicine I'm on. Hopefully we can do those in the morning and go to the pool in the afternoon. I'm working on printing out recipes I want to try. I pin them on pinterest but sometimes dislike trying to cook while reading it on my iPad. I'm making a notebook for myself with the recipes. Hopefully it will help me also with meal planning and shopping. Ok, the terror is finally asleep so I need to do some cleaning and get to bed early, she has a tendency to wake even more when a major change, like daddy leaving, occurs.