June Chat

You're on Page 16 of 16
Go to
  • My FBS was higher today at 161. My doctor called me today about my test results so I thought she would tell me my A1C # but only said that my vitamin D was very low and the doctor wants me to start taking a vitamin. I didn't think about asking, maybe I will call tomorrow and ask.

Wannabehealthy I so know what you mean about eating well and not seeing results. It feels defeating. I remember once my sister & I both tried losing weight together. I ate perfectly on plan. I counted every calorie, I worked out, I didn't eat junk. My sister ate horribly and didn't work out and kept losing way way more then me. And omg I love wheat thins. I would eat them everyday with hummus This time I bought peppers to try with the hummus but haven't gotten to try it yet.

Shannon congrats on the house! That is great news.
  • Quote: Good, so despite what the Realtor is saying your brother would of course have your best interest at heart. I like gas stoves also but the last house we were in had the glass top stove and I loved that. I don't like this coal thing we have now. The cooking is so uneven. I like the sound of the size of the kitchen. Are you taking your appliances with you? I'm sure you'll get it, sounds so nice. One day for us, one day
    Well, we are BUMMED! Got an email that the house went under contract We are so sad.
  • moonkissed, hoping since the doctor didn't say anything about your A1c the numbers aren't bad

Shannon, I'm sorry.
  • I am home from the breast biopsy. It went good. It was a long day and I was really worked up this morning about it. My blood pressure was crazy high!!! They had to give me a nerve pill to calm me down. It worked and my bp dropped to normal. Having the guide placed was a bit freaky!! I was at the hospital for 7 hrs total. My dr believes my biopsy will come back good.
    My fbs was 120 this morning.
  • We got up early to drop off my car to be detailed before hubby needed to start working so I didn't check FBS or weight. I need to grocery shop, we are running out of everything. Gotta sit down and get a list together. I do want to pause to give a shout out to the humble cauliflower.....seriously, it is amazing. Last night I made a faux potato salad that was so yummy! I will come back to edit and add the link. Ok, here it is http://yourlighterside.com/2012/08/l...h-cauliflower/
    I can truly say that other than a standard baked potato I have completely replaced potatoes in my life! It helps that cauli is only $1.99 at Aldi here, if it were more I doubt I'd make it as much.

We are still crushed over here, just sad about losing what we feel was our dream house less than a day after seeing it. Trying to trust God that a better house is out there. Lots of just crappy news here lately though. My uncle had a heart attack last week and was found to have 3 massive blockages during a cath yesterday. He has been transferred to a bigger hospital for bypass. My cousin (who lives several hours away) is going to bring her son to stay with us a couple days once she knows when the bypass will be. I'm trying to get our house cleaned up. The prednisone seems to be doing what the vet said, Buddy is only coughing a little. I just dread when it stops working and we have to put him down.
  • Quote: I am home from the breast biopsy. It went good. It was a long day and I was really worked up this morning about it. My blood pressure was crazy high!!! They had to give me a nerve pill to calm me down. It worked and my bp dropped to normal. Having the guide placed was a bit freaky!! I was at the hospital for 7 hrs total. My dr believes my biopsy will come back good.
    My fbs was 120 this morning.
    Glad it went well, keep us posted!
  • Quote: moonkissed, hoping since the doctor didn't say anything about your A1c the numbers aren't bad

Shannon, I'm sorry.
    Thanks Rennie....so disappointed.

moonkissed now I'm dying to know about your A1c! Just FYI, everyone is low on Vit D....seriously, I promise....don't feel like you did anything wrong. Before I left my job we were looking at gobs of study samples showing that. I bought the vitamin and never remember to take it, lol!
  • July chat here
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post5033244