3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles > Diabetes Support

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #136
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

FBS 104, down another pound.....really really tired

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/
Old 06-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #137

S/C/G: 217/200/175

Height: 5'3

dgramie, good luck with your doctor's appointment. Do you weigh yourself at home? I weigh myself often enough that I can usually predict what I will weigh at the doctor's office.

It is hard to compare your readings to your husband's because he is taking the glyburide. That actually lowers your blood sugar and "allows" you to eat more carbs. You are better off to keep your blood sugar down with diet and exercise if you can. I really want to quit taking the glimiperide but I am more easily tempted to eat carbs because I know the glimiperide will control the glucose. If I skip the carbs, I don't need it. I know a woman who lost 50 lbs and got off all her diabetes meds. I can't even lose 5!!

Shannon, the permit I got was for concealed carry. I am surprised that there is no testing or training involved. It seems that they give this to anybody who wants it. DH said they are going to change it soon and you will have to have a specific legitimate reason for wanting it. This one is good for 5 years and if I don't do anything with it I doubt if I will renew in 5 years. I will be 73! LOL

I have never even tasted Nutter Butters. I don't want to be tempted...I might like them.

You are really having a tough time between Olivia, the sick doggy, the loss of air conditioning, looking for a house. I like house hunting, but with everything else you're going through it will be hectic.

I will have to take a look at the hamburger pie recipe. (just copied it....Looks Delicious!)

I'm less than perfect, and that's OK!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-17-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #138

S/C/G: 238/212/150

Height: 5'2'

Quick flyby. Meal at Noodles Company was really light and satisfying. I got the Bangkok Curry with pork and also got a side tossed salad to get more veggies. It was around 300 calories. Then we walked around at Sam's and Target and also had a 120 calorie serving of yogurt at DDIL favorit yogurt shop. It was really nice that both places provided calories for the foods they served.

Checked fbs and it was 144. I guess if I can keep it around there until we get home. It won't be too bad.

Will try to check in tomorrow.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #139

Height: 5'7"

Today I was up 2 lbs at the dr. I had a mid afternoon appt. I'm not upset over the gain. The other was on a fast. My surgery is July 7. He still believes it will be ok so I have to trust him. I showed him my bs numbers and he suggested getting bedtime readings. So at. 9 pm bs was 110. I am pleased with it.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #140
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

dgramie we did that in the one in Georgetown in DC and were asked to leave. It was in the mid 80's when that Wendy's commercial was playing "Where's the beef!?" I never liked them. They had more fillers to me then meat. Sounds like you were pleased with the doctor visit and had a good day.

Shannon what about a humidifier for the pup? That might help with the dry coughing at night, just a thought. Aw we never got to meet and you're so close and now moving further out Sorry about the car a/c but hopefully they will fix that today

Thanks Carol Sue You know there are so many things to do with cauliflower. I just wish it was an easier process. I am so lazy when it comes to cooking things just for me. I want some of the mock potato salad so bad but I just don't feel like making it. I know one head of cauliflower will make some mock mac n cheese also and I so want to try the riced cauliflower also ... I need to stop being lazy Nope the Noodles Company is every where but like me it has probably never caught your eye. My daughter said she has been there. They're in Lancaster, Oakland, Monroeville, Cranberry Township, Canonsburg, Pittsburgh, State College, Washington and Wexford, PA.

Trish, what was the name of the yogurt place?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #141
~Shannon

Rennie don't hold your breath! We've been looking at houses off and on for over a year. Personally, I'd rather stay in Raleigh but we really need a bigger house. I know that sounds greedy but hubby works from home and needs his own office and I need a sewing studio with locking doors so I can start my business when Olivia goes to school. We live in a small affordable neighborhood within a much larger much more affluent neighborhood. To get more space in our same area, the house price doubles and the land gets even smaller than our already teeny tiny yard, whereas in my hometown and neighboring area we could have the bigger house and yard for same amount as our current home. The other side of the coin is when hubby got laid off and took the new job, he is working for a company in GA now. We are also looking at houses in SC (where they have a sister office) bc his virtual employment could change to needing to be on site regularly at anytime, from the SC area it's a 4 hr drive. But, bottomline, we differ heavily in what house features we want hence the long period of looking but not buying.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #142

Rennie, I did a search, and there is a Noodle Co less than 9 miles from us but it's in a direction we rarely go. We are in Westmoreland County, only a couple miles from the Allegheny County border, but sales tax is higher there so we tend to stay away from there, especially when shopping. It's not a lot of money, but if you are buying big items it makes a difference. Also, since that area is more "city" the crime rate is higher. Where we are is suburbs, more toward rural. There are a lot of businesses they have that have not expanded out toward our area. Anyway, that's why I never heard of Noodle Co.

I can understand you not making a lot of things for yourself...you have a family to cook for. It's just the two of us and we are on our own for breakfast and lunch. I just prepare dinner, which is when we usually eat the same thing. I do feel as though all I'm doing is cooking and washing dishes. I'm no sooner done with breakfast than I start preparing my vegetables for lunch.

My blood sugar was 150 this morning and I really don't know why. We ate out, but I ordered a salad and a vegetables with my entree but no starch. Didn't eat any bread. I had pulled pork, but it didn't have much sauce on it and I only ate about a third of it. In the evening I had some sugar free jello. I don't get it. I only have 11 days until I get my bloodwork done, so I want to keep my readings as low as I can until then. I want an A1c under 7. I brought my leftovers home, along with 2 rolls. This morning I broke one and put some butter on it and ate half of it. Midway chewing I thought to myself "What are you doing????????" and spit it out. Then I broke up the rest of the rolls and put them in the stale bread bag. We keep a bag of stale bread that I use for bread crumbs, croutons, stuffing, or just to throw out for the birds. I know my body got some of the carbs before I spit out the roll, but I did the best I could in the situation. Bread is my worst nightmare.

Shannon, it's hard finding a house when you both want different things, but location is important for his job. You do need to consider your future plans too, because that is going to be providing income, too. I hope you are able to find something that suits both of you.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #143
~Rennie

Wow Shannon a ton to consider. What types of items do you make? Have you thought about putting them online, ebay or something?

Carol Sue, good job on the roll That took discipline
Old 06-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #144
~Shannon

The house thing is so complicated because hubby could care less about the house, what he really wants is land. He wants enough to have his own range on our property for shooting guns and bows. I want a nice-ish house (actually the main thing I care about is the kitchen bc I cook alot) with enough room for all of our interests. We currently have a 3 bedroom. The 3rd bedroom is an office, sewing studio, junk room...we have no guest room and we rent two storage units which mostly hold hubby's hobby stuff. Our garage is full. We have sold off tons of stuff but we just still have alot. I have an entire closet full of fabric and other sewing related stuff. Blah, blah, blah. LOL! I found a really cute house, 700 sq feet bigger than ours, yard 4X as large with a pool, lol, for the same amt as our current house...that one is in SC. Oh, and it has the most beautiful kitchen I think I've ever seen, countertops galore. The one I'm going to see tomorrow is where my brother lives, an hour away. They are pregnant, we kind of want to be closer to them so Olivia has a cousin to grow up with. Mark is the baby so her two cousins on his side are grown. One has two kids but they live in NJ bc her hubby is in the air force. Blah, I hate house stuff!

So Rennie I do embroidery/applique and can sew. I am still learning the sewing but have been doing embroidery/applique for 3 yrs. i haven't posted on this blog in eons but you can look here at some of my stuff...mostly embroidery/applique
http://journeytoalongingfulfilled.blogspot.com
I have sold my stuff in the padt, mostly to friends but the last couple years I haven't....just been doing it for fun, for Olivia or gifts for others. I have a business name, facebook page, business blog, etc., they are just inactive right now.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-18-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #145

Very nice "stuff", Shannon!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #146

S/C/G: 238/212/150

Height: 5'2'

Rennie I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the yogurt place.

dgramie Your bs is good. I pray your surgery will bring good news.

Long drive today and I did a lot of driving to help DH. He drives the most. Tomorrow will be another long time of driving for me as I usually do most of the driving when we get to TX because I know where things are. I've really enjoyed this trip. Time with DH son and family was really a pleasure. I've really enjoyed time with Hubby on this trip more than any of our trips. Seeing a wonderful side of him that I've never seen before.

Sorry I'm not writing more. I'm just so tired and been fighting a headache since we stopped at the motel.

Thanks for the prayers for my DD. They got the funding for her companions funeral. I know she is going through a lot, but she is really stronger than she realized she was. His family seems to be really sticking by her and she has her best friend who is standing by her.

I don't know if I'll have time to check in when I get to my sister's. Will check back in when I can.

You guys are great. Even though I may not write, I do try to read. Knowing I have y'all here helps me to stay strong on the food thing although things have really been carby on this trip. Hoping to have more control when I get with my family.
I choose to believe "I CAN"!!!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #147
~Rennie

Shannon, I really like the embroidery, pretty I love big spacious kitchens, double ovens, ceramic ranges, multiple bathrooms, a covered screened in porch/deck area, full finished basement and room for a garden ahhh again one day

Trish, get some rest, and enjoy Glad things are coming together for your daughter. God is GOOD Hoping your headache and my sore throat go away soon

Last edited by love2b150; 06-18-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #148

Since we're talking houses, our house is pretty good now that there's just the 2 of us. It is 3 bedroom, 2 of which we have packed with "stuff." Our kitchen is very small, but big enough for our needs. We have one bathroom and a toilet in the basement for emergencies. We have a 1 car garage and DH would like it to be 2 car, but our other house had no garage. Our other house had a covered porch so we could sit out if it was raining, but we don't have that here and I miss it. If I were dreaming, I would like to live where I could walk out onto the beach and look at the ocean. DH always asks what I would do when the hurricanes come and I don't have an answer! LOL

Trish and Rennie, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope things improve.

Trish, I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation, spending time with family.

My blood sugar is still high but this time I know it's because I ate pasta last night. It was what DH wanted for dinner. I have not been on the scale for about a week. I don't want to see it.

Next week I go for an Echocardiogram. I don't know if it will show anything that would explain my palpitations. They came back, even with the decaf coffee, so I don't know what's up. The last time this happened they said it was caused by my thyroid, but my thyroid is good, now. I even wore a heart monitor for a month, and the cardiologist said I was having some extra heart beats but it wasn't anything to worry about. Easy for him to say, he's not the one having them. LOL

My psoriasis is flaring, and my hands are achy and stiffening up. Probably psoriatic arthritis. I don't take any meds for that because it's very costly, very hard on the immune system, and only works temporarily. So I decided it wasn't worth it for temporary relief. I'm just a basket case right now. I keep saying that things can only get better!

Sorry to be such a downer. I know everyone has their own problems. I don't expect anyone to solve mine, just to lend an ear, or in this care, an eye.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #149
~Shannon

Carol Sue I'm not a doctor of course but I wonder if your psoriasis is flaring because of the extra carbs? It's an inflammatory process and carbs are inflammatory....just a thought. In my career I worked on alot of psoriasis studies! The inflammation affects lipoprotein levels. On the palpitations, it's funny you mention that. I had not noticed til I thought about what I was going to write to you but I used to get them with coffee too and have not been having them since I started the bulletproof. I'm sure it's coincidence but interesting. I had an echo about 14 yrs ago for palpitations but they ruled everything out and said it was stress. My dad passed 19 years ago at age 52 after a heart attack (after he had already had bypass in years prior) so I am very vigilent about anything heart. It's also why I worked for a cardiovascular focused company for 8 years. I love that you said you have an extra toilet for emergencies! We looked at an old farmhouse (bc of the land) and DH said no way could we have just one toilet!

Rennie your dream house sounds very similar to mine

Trish hope the headache has eased. It is nice to hear what a good time you are having and gives me hope for the future. Vacations now with a little one should be fun but they are not and hubby and I argue alot on them. I'm so ready to have an enjoyable vacation again someday!

Weight is still up but FBS is holding at what I consider my new number, 104 (it has been 104-105 or lower pretty steady for about a few weeks now).

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 06-19-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #150
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Very nice "stuff", Shannon!
Thanks Carol Sue! Wish I had more time for it :-)

Closed Thread