Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #136  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Trish, I will have to subtract the avocado, and the radish but I'm going to try to do the rest. My son cooked chicken for dinner last night so I'm gonna have chicken for breakfast. I'll do bacon, eggs, cheese and nuts for lunch or dinner (my middle son said we were having breakfast for dinner today so we shall see I may just do it for lunch and have fish and broccoli for dinner. I'll have to see about the second serving of eggs. I don't know if mentally I can do two servings of eggs in a day

New low today 162.6 my gym time yesterday after my snacking paid off.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

We are going to have to rename this thread "Carolina Chat!" LOL

Shannon, I would love to live in the south because of all the southern cooking, but some of it is very high fat and calories, although delicious. When I was doing low carb years ago (Atkins) I didn't worry about fat and calories, as long as I didn't eat the carbs.

Yay Rennie!!! It's possible that the snacking shocked your system into dropping some weight. I really don't think that a little slip up here and there hurts, and it might even help to switch things around a bit. It's not like you had a binge. You were concious of what you ate and got right back on program. I don't mean to minimize your exercise, I'm sure that helped. All is well.

Oh, saltine crackers are a weakness for me. I like them with butter on them. I am starting to calm down about this new med and will just take it the way the dr prescribed it and see what happens. Not make such a big deal about it. I refuse to add carbs to my diet though. My weight has stayed the same, no ups or downs. If I see that my bs is dipping too low I will add a snack between meals, but make it celery or some other veggie.

Trish- I hope your belly calms down. I will be curious to see if there's an improvement after you have cut back on fiber. I think your menu looks very tasty! Make sure you drink lots of water. Some people just can't handle high fiber, and with your history of colitis that might be the case. At some point you will figure out how much fiber you can eat without any problems.

Avacados were on sale for $1 each and I bought two. I made some guacomole with one and ate it with my eggs this morning. I don't buy them often because I'm the only one who eats them and the guacomole doesn't keep well.

Awhile back I tried a recipe I saw on another board. You cut the avacado in half and remove the seed. Cut a slice off, leaving the skin on, and saute the slice in a little butter til browned. Then you turn it over and break an egg into the hole. The whites run out over the avacado. Put a lid on the pan to steam-cook the egg. It was good, and something different. The reason you leave the skin on is because it helps hold the avacado slice together so you can flip it over easily. You could take the skin off, but it will be very flimsy. I might try that tomorrow with the other avacado.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #138  
~Rennie

Carol Sue, you're right the snacking may have been an alarm for my body . I know that brisk walking helps me cut water weight/weight quickly. That is all I did 4 years ago and ate frozen meals and a grapefruit twice a day with a sensible breakfast and a cup of grapes after my walks and I dropped 30LBS in 3.5 months. So I will tell anyone that it can work. Consistency for me is the key. I walked faithfully 5-6 days a week 3 miles plus outdoors and it worked wonders. I haven't been consistent on this journey at all. I have fell off the wagon way too many times. I should definitely be at goal by now. Wasn't it your signature that said if I had done this years ago I'd be at goal now? That is so true for me. But I either gave up for whatever ridiculous reason or I got too comfortable with the way I looked and said I'm done not knowing how to maintain. I hear that maintenance is harder than losing. I have 30LBS to go so I'll have plenty of time to prayerfully get it right Now you've got me thinking about what saltines taste like with butter on them. I love bread and butter. that's why I have to stay away from it. But maybe a few saltines with some promise spread or spray butter (it's a thought). I'll let you know if I try it

On your medicine. I don't doubt you one moment. You make good decisions with what's good for you and you do your research. Like I said I have learned a ton here with you all, so just keep on teaching Advice is what it is, advice! People use it at will and in my opinion if we took the time to listen to the really good advice it would keep us out of the mess that we keep slipping into. SO POST AWAY I'm listening

My little one told me this morning while waiting for her bus that she thinks I am losing weight too fast (she's 10). She said, "because if you keep losing weight you're gonna have to buy all new clothes!) her bus came so I'll have to ask her to finish what she was saying this evening. Kids are funny

Went to the gym did 2.62 miles burn 325 calories, feeling good
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #139  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I'm having a very rare 'proud of myself' moment and thought I'd share! I've prepped several items today to help with my eating this week along with eating low carb at breakfast and lunch when frankly it would have been much easier to eat what I was making my 3.5 yr old. That's big for me - yay!

And, I decided Mondays will be my official weigh day since it is usually the worst day of my week bc I eat more off plan on weekends. I have lost a little just since restarting - another yay!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 03-31-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:21 PM   #140  
~Rennie

Shannon great NSV's and just a little is great also
Old 03-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rennie - I don't know if you looked back at my food plan for today. I took out the other 2 eggs. In fact I may have changed the menu in a few places since last night because it was a quick thought last night, but thought out more today.

Shannon - Those are great accomplishments. CONGRATULATIONS! I know exactly how that feels because when my 2nd husband was living and our children were home, it was sometimes difficult to cook the carby foods for them and not eat them. I had a child care service in my home and I could usually stay on plan during the day, but if I made something really good when the family got home that was difficult for me. You can be proud of yourself.

Carol Sue I got my avocados at Costco the other day because they were a good quality. I have one of those Stone Waves advertised on tv and it would be really easy to cook the avocado and egg (steamed) in it. Also like the idea of making the guacomole to go on them too. So I will be trying both ways. And I will keep skin on while steaming avocado and egg.

I need to turn my wings (baking). DH will have hot wings, but I'm passing on that till my tummy is better.

Have a good day ladies.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #142  
~Rennie

Trish, LOL your menu has changed since I looked at it this morning

Not sure what's going on with me. Since I left the gym I haven't been hungry and I know I have to eat ... I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #143  

Rennie Eating the small meals have satisfied me so that I don't think I'm going to eat anything else tonight which will make me short on carbs and fiber. I haven't erased anything yet, but I may have to. It feels good not to be hungry doesn't it.

I ended up with dinner being the whiting fish fillet and asparagus. Didn't care for the whiting fish, but wanted fish instead of steak. I have one more serving of whiting in that package and then I won't be purchasing it any more. I wanted the cod, but it is the only fish DH will eat so I saved it for later in the week. Might have the steak tomorrow.

I did my recumbent bike for 27 minutes which was 3 miles. I've decided to do 3 miles for 3 or 4 days this week while eating less carbs while my body adjusts. I had to push for that... just don't have the energy to do 4 miles which takes me about 35 minutes. I have been kind of tired today. I'm not sure I get up to 20 g of carbs today.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #144  
~Rennie

Trish it does feel good not to be hungry I'd like some well seasoned fish, the last whiting I had I put a ton of hot sauce on it

I think I like going to the gym early in the morning. I want to increase my calorie intake but really need some help doing it so that I don't over indulge. I want to get them up to 1600 so that I have my exercise calories mean something.

Last edited by love2b150; 03-31-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #145  

I've put an egg salad back on my list if I need it. However, I really need to eat it if I can so I can eat at least 1200 calories. I make my plan and then I tweat it throughout the day to adjust solium, calories and now carbs and fiber. So it is different from original plan, but it is better because sodium is lower.

I read that you shouldn't exercise right after a meal. I got half way through my exercise and indigestion hit me really hard so I guess I will have to start waiting 2 hrs after eating to exercise.

This is all a learning experience and learning to listen to the signals my body sends me. I'm not hungry, but I have to say I reeaaalllyy want my usual carbs right now. However, I do know that you have to do the AI for a good 3 days before the cravings go away. By day 4, I should be rid of those cravings. So I probably will make myself eat the egg salad later this evening.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #146  
~Rennie

Here's the April Chat

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post4974825
Closed Thread