Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #76  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi ladies I wanted to stop by and say HI! I hope everyone is doing good.
For me I am doing ok, I did get my new computer and I am gonna see if all them tracking cookies shows up.

I am having lots and lots of problems with my knees so I have been to the dr several times. He told me I have to lose weight or I will never get my knees back where I need them. I have been doing the body cycle everyday but today I tried walk it out with my knee brace on and its doing pretty good. Not in all the pain as if I walked around the block. He has me on phentermine have to go see him once a week so I am gonna see where this takes me . I must do something tired of all the pain.

Well I hope everyone is doing good and HELLO to all the newbies! I will try to check back later.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

So good to see you back, Bonnie. I'm glad you have been able to control your knee pain. Walking will get you back on track, just take it easy for a while so you don't further injure your knee.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #78  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Trish I have that same issue, weight up, fbs lower, weight lower, fbs higher this morning it was 111 when it is low it seems to be getting lower and lower, which is a plus I had more carbs than usual yesterday, all healthy though no bread, rice, pasta or potatoes and I had a good weigh in also this morning

Hi Madeleine, good to see you Glad the scale is moving down for ya

Bonnie good to see you glad you are able to exercise a little, I took phentermine a long time ago. It worked for awhile then they changed something in it and it didn't work at all Hope it gives you good results

Carol Sue

weigh in this morning 171.0 fbs 111 I like to see that

Last edited by love2b150; 01-20-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:41 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Interesting day. I did 55+ minutes of exercise today. Well, just looked at clock and I guess now I should say yesterday as it is after midnight. I think I will be doing that 3 or 4 days a week. However, I will have to really adjust my eating as I have been starving all evening. I suppose that is from all the exercise. Hopefully I will be able to adjust to it.

Bonnie It is so good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you wondering how you are doing. I would take it slow with the exercises and give yourself time for the knees to adjust. I have been exercising and add a little more as my joints were ready for a little more. They are actually getting better until now I can do it with little to no pain. I may feel a twinge of pain at first, but now I am finding that the joints adjust quickly and the pain is gone.

Madeleine Glad you are getting back down after Christmas and hope to see more of you around here now that you have your new laptop.

Carol Sue, Rennie, Ruth and everyone
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #80  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Nice to read all the posts and get to know everyone.

Pattygirl, amazing that you can do so much exercising! I get tired after a 1/2 hour, lol. How do you go for so long?

Rennie you seem to be doing really well with the FBG! Congrats on your good weigh-in.

My FBG was 91 this morning. I am trying to eat low carb, had about 80 carbs yesterday so that is in the ballpark of my target. Good weigh-in, lost a pound over 3 days, so I am happy about that.

I hope you all do well, have a great day and accomplish all your goals.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #81  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Checking in. Weight is down to 190 after my horrible 200 shock just after Christmas. I've been low carbing it and not eating any junk. It's actually helped being sick although I hate to say it. FBGL is just fine but I know I'm due for another session of bloodwork. Sure hoping the red blood cells are back to normal this time.

We have been so very very cold this month that I've been staying indoors a lot. Down to -40 today - about the same in C or F!

Keep on keepin' on, Chickies.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #82  

Medeis I don't know how I do that. For one thing, it sound crazy, but I have learned that if I move that my joints stop hurting and if I don't move I am going to be in pain. I don't want to have to have surgery and if the exercise will help to prevent having joint replacements or repair then I figure it is worth moving. I am trying to do different things so I don't get board. Also seeing those minutes of exercise turn into points on the WW etools makes me feel good about myself. It becomes my motivation.

My weight is still bouncing around and I'm not sure why, but I remember reading of a woman in WW who did WW for 1 yr before she started losing weight. I hope I'm not one of those people, but I am committed to seeing this thing through. I have been using all my weekly points, but may have to change that. I read today on WW that to lose that you should exercise 30 for 5 days a week so I'm going to make that my goal. I didn't do the bike or aroebics today. I did do about 30 minutes of Tai Chi today. I had forgotten some of the moves so will be working on that again. I'm not going to worry too much about the intensity of my exercise any more. My goal is still going to be 30 minutes of some form of exercise a day besides my other activities. Just want to get into a definite routine that doesn't become boring. Also, Medeis, I am 70 yrs old who is very independent and likes doing my own thing. I don't want to get to the point where I cannot get around on my own. I hate the thought of ever having to depend on someone else to do the things I like doing for myself. Another motivational aspect.

I have a WI tomorrow and I may end up with a gain which isn't unusual with WW for me and I will make some other changes I've seen on on-line WW. I am slowly changing over to more and more to the Power Foods. I'm not sure I'm ready to go with Simple Start which seems to be more like the Simply Filling plan only because I don't trust me to do it faithfully. Knowing that I would have the 49 WP to use makes me nervous. I would rather count my daily points. I just think I am a personality that needs the discipline of counting points so I can control portions better. The Simple Filling plan has no portion control. You eat only as much or little that you need. I know there are some foods that would be easy for me to overeat if I had not portion limit. I need to count pts. Yep, this is the woman who has been saying on here for years "I don't want to count anything". I have learned that I am a person who needs the accountability of counting something at least for now.

I am using the Intuitive Eating attitude with WW by eating the foods that I really do like and enjoy, but I'm using the Pts+ to limit how much I eat.

I talked to my sister today. She is having some of the same problems I have with losing. She doesn't have blood sugar problems, but she can't exercise although she is trying to move around as much as she can. (I've been encouraging her to do what she can because it will make her feel good about herself.) She has become my personal cheerleader and I'm hers. We know if we keep doing what we know to do, we will eventually see the results.

Ruthie We are going to have cold weather in the next few days in the low 30s in the daytime with 20s at night. When I think of your -40 etc, I just can't complain. Stay warm dear friend and stay safe. I think at our ages, cold is much colder than what it was when we were younger. I know a lot of the women at the beauty shop are my age or older and they have all talked about how cold it is this year. But you are having some really extreme cold so be careful.

I know there are others getting ready for snow etc so you Gals, stay safe and warm.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #83  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Thanks everyone I go back to my dr to tomorrow to get a check up and see if I lost any weight . Hope all goes well. Good to hear from everyone. I have been taking it easy with my knees I am so tired of all this knee pain. I have already gotten two shots in my knees already. They are not very pleasant. I hope to continue with the good progress. Well I have to run I will try and check back after my appointment.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #84  

Bonnie Hope your doctor's visit goes well. I know losing weight isn't easy. Just keep trying and it will happen. Don't give up.

Well, my WI turned out ok only because I didn't gain. I didn't lose but a no gain is good too. I'll do better with my eating. I've decided that I'm going to relax and enjoy doing WW using it to fit my way of eating. I still like the Intuitive Eating thought and I know it would fit beautifully with the Simply Filling WW plan, but I'm not ready for that. However on the Pts+ I am eating even if I'm not hungry to get in points. So I'm going stop doing that. When I'm hungry, I'm going to eat what I want but work it in the points. I have 49 WP to pull on if I need to go over Daily Pts, but I'm not going to try to reach the DP. For me they are just going to be there for reference point of how much I'm eating so I can learn Portion control.

It is cold here today 28 degrees right now so not bad. Not what many of you are experiencing north of me. I heard this morning my DIL is having blizzard warnings on the cape in MS and I haven't heard from my son, but he was trying to make it out of PA last night with a truck load going to NC. From what I saw on the weather this morning, he probably got stuck somewhere since it looks bad in southern PA and northern VA. So y'all stay safe and warm.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #85  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Thank you Pattygirl for sharing your story and your motivation. I find that very inspiring that you have put all of that into action for yourself and are looking towards an independent future. With all of the exercise you are doing you must be building muscle (and using fat up to do it). Maybe that is why you are not losing weight…are your clothes any looser? Are you eating low carb?

Hello Bonnie, all the best with your Dr. check up, I hope that goes well for you.

Today I hit the 180's, I am really happy about that. It's been a couple of years or more since I have seen that weight. So full steam ahead. I need to exercise tonight though.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #86  

Quick flyby this morning. I have a busy morning. Have to go by doc's office and pick up prescription, go get a perm which will take up most of my morning and then have to go get prescription filled and do some shopping for groceries. Going to be getting more WW Power foods.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm in this crazy weather.

BBL
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #87  

Trish, when I did WW, I heard people talking in the meetings and not everyone eats all their points every day. My nurse from cardiac rehab told me "Don't eat if you're not hungry." I would go with that, because that goes along with IE. You are doing very well with sticking with this and are eating healthy.

My GS is coming to stay overnight with us on Saturday til Sunday. They have switched him over to a gluten free diet and I am not used to this and am not sure I can stick to it. The thing that makes me angry is the doctor did not diagnose him for this, but suggested trying it because of some behavior problems he's having. Under these circumstances, I don't think it would hurt if he ate something with gluten while he's here. It's only one day. I would rather they just didn't have him stay with us overnight.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #88  
Lizzy Lou

S/C/G: 263.8 / 226 / 160

Height: 5'4

Medeis...congrats on hitting 180. I can't imagine being at that weight. It only seems like a dream to me. My first goal is breaking the 200 line! With getting married and having 2 kids over the last 3 years it has been really hard. I hope to keep my motivation going in the right direction. I think with this site on my tool belt i can do it. When i feel frustrated you definitely know where I will go...Everyone on this site has been so awesome and its motivating to see friends like you losing weight! Again CONGRATS!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #89  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Medeis your BS looks great, keep up th good work Good job on the 180's … Way to GO

Ruth glad your weight has come down. I hope you are feeling like yourself by now It's been unbelievably cold here. Fridgid It was in the 30's today I believe, I hope it sticks around for the work week

Bonnie hope your doctor visit went well

Trish my friends and family are in VA and north and just about everything was closed until Thursday. My kids keep saying they (the kids up there) are so lucky. I said yeah until they have to make up all of those days. It seems you are having fun while learning with WW and I think that's great

Carol Sue How did the stay go with your GS?

Lizzy Lou, this site is the perfect place for anyone needing, tips, help, motivation, support you name it I believe it's here

Well like Trish, I'm not sure why FBS goes the way it does but mine has finally been as low as 100, a definite plus, yesterday it was 110 today it was 107. On a good note I hit the 160's. I weighed in at 169.6 which I was close on Wednesday weighing in at 169.8 but I like that this time it was less. I am truly trying to continue with this way of eating and prayerfully I can continue to see the numbers in all areas drop, weight, measurements, and blood sugar

Last edited by love2b150; 01-25-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #90  

Oh, my GS is still here. He goes home today, finally. If this gluten-free diet is supposed to help with his behavior, it's not working. LOL He is 5, and he doesn't listen to a work we say. We had to go to WalMart yesterday and he wouldn't stay with us. Kept running away and we had to go chase him. It was very hard to do my shopping. I kept telling him someone could take him, but that didn't scare him. And he's too old to ride in the shopping cart. Won't eat his breakfast, won't get dressed. It's so nice when it's grandkids and you get to give them back to their parents. LOL They should be coming home around noon or so!

Stress got to me last night and I ate waaaay to many carbs!
Closed Thread