3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   January Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/272275-january-chat.html)

fatmad 01-06-2013 08:32 PM

Have arrived and did good shopping in the US, my you have some nice products I just can't get here, but did not see any atkins frozen dinners. Will make my own. How do people freeze and reheat breakfast sandwich types of things with eggs etc.
Dad's place is a disorganized crowded disaster. Step one is to get rid of half of the furniture! I ate well at my auntie's she made a nice turkey casserole with squash and feta cheese so that was on plan for me. So no food issues today.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. BOnnie, have a good workout!

TappingPeony 01-07-2013 12:20 AM

I'm with you Bonnie, I love soup! Soup and iced tea are 2 things I love all year round. Yummy!

Keeping myself on track went well this last week, thank you ladies for the support. I didn't get to do the treadmill as I had planned, but I did one of the Spark People exercise videos online instead, so I count that as a goal met. Blood sugars staying <105mg/dl, low 90's post exercise. Thanks for the answer fatmad. DH laughed and told me I was the oddball after I read him what you said. Guess I never asked anyone else before about that. Did read an article recently on the hormonal component in the 1st 3 years after a type II diagnosis and how erratic you sugar can be for almost no reason. Seems to fit my DH to a T.

Guess I will make Mondays my weigh in day, can't think of a better way to keep my weekend eating on plan. We'll see how that works for me for now.

Sleep well, everyone!

Kathy:)

Ruthxxx 01-07-2013 06:33 AM

Good morning. :)

Today IS my official weigh-in day although I weigh every morning. I must have done something right over the weekend because I was able to change my ticker. I am quite sure the 3 pound drop overnight was losing water weight. I was determined to drink my eight glasses of water yesterday and did so!

Donna and I are off to the gym this morning and then I go to my quilting group. I remembered to make a lunch to take yesterday and made a 3-bean salad with colourful pepper cubes in it. Good carbs and Vitamin C.

Do something nice for yourself today!

Lindyloo 01-07-2013 10:38 AM

A carb filled weekend.:( Too much wine and too many carbs, but I only gained 1/2 a lb.

Going to get on the treadmill in a bit and other that, just laundry to do today.

Soup sounds good. Maybe I'll look up a few recipes.

Have as great a day as your able to:)

Butterfly50 01-07-2013 12:45 PM

I know I need to look for some good soup too Will have to do that when I have a min. Other then that all is good here..

fatmad 01-07-2013 02:29 PM

Back is sore after moving out some of dad's furniture, but the place is starting to take shape now. Big improvements. I think he hasn't been here much and has been seeing his lady friend a lot because he couldn't move around here and felt overwhelmed by it all. So glad I am here to help. Supper out tonight, but I plan steak and salad so no worries. Tomorrow is the eye surgery, I will go home after supper tomorrow. More work to do here so personals another day.

Butterfly50 01-07-2013 05:19 PM

Jest finished doing a 60 minutes sweatin to the oldies with Richard Simmons . The best hour I spent all day may do some walk it out later on the wii I am not sure yet.

TappingPeony 01-07-2013 11:10 PM

I was just ranting over on the other thread about this sub-optimal day, and Notre Dame is losing badly too. I am not understanding how with all I have accomplished this week, I could have not lost any weight and my blood sugar was inexplicably high this morning. Mix in one ill-tempered 14 yr old daughter this afternoon, and there you have it. I must have p***** off someone in my sleep. :mad:

Madeline, good luck to your dad tomorrow. Sorry for your allergies. My DH has some really severe food allergies, nearly died from a reaction to an avocado 27 yrs ago. To this day, I have to check everything I use because avocado oil is as ubiquitous as HFCS. I can literally kill him with the slightest touch of hand cream or shampoo. All citrus, carrots, apples, nitrates and the non-nutritive sweeteners are the other big offenders, though there are others. It makes eating difficult for him, especially at parties.

I promise me that I will exercise tomorrow.

Ruth, I am not good with water, mostly because I don't like drinking it. But that just means I should add it to my routine so I get better at drinking water. So, that is on my goal list this week. I will start this week with making sure I get at least 24oz water in everyday. We will see how it goes, but that is a lot of water for me. Baby steps!

I did have a lovely morning with my DH, he wasn't on call until the afternoon shift today. Got several things decided for the new house. Meeting with the builder tomorrow because DH will be off/post call. That is always interesting, depending how tired he is. Some days he is dead on his feet, others he is punch-drunk and as silly as I ever see him. Hoping for silly!

Have a great sleep, all. Hoping tomorrow is a lot less confusing than this day was.

:hug: Kathy

Ruthxxx 01-08-2013 07:51 AM

Well, drinking water IS definitely helping with weightloss - another pound gone today. I had a liter (4 cups) bottle with me all day yesterday and managed to drink it during the day. I buy the flavoured and slightly spritzy stuff which seems to keep me drinking.

Took my bean salad lunch to quilting yesterday which was totally on-plan. However, since I'm a January birthday, they had a birthday pie and I had to eat a piece. It was absolutely terrible - an eggnog pie! I was polite and ate it, even asking for the recipe. It just did not seem right to refuse to eat it, especially when served with a candle.

Nothing official on my calendar today so I am going to work very hard at finishing up my de-decorating and will run the vacuum through. Of course, I have end of the year accounting stuff as well.

Happy Tuesday.

Sillymary 01-08-2013 08:35 AM

Not Losing?!

hi, I'm am a type 2 diabetic on Levemir and I have been on IP for 13 days, and have lost a whopping 1 lb. Is it just harder for diabetics? Everyone else seems to lose 5-15 lbs. in the first two weeks. Does anyone know?

TappingPeony 01-08-2013 09:24 AM

Mary,

It seems to be harder for me to lose. I am diet controlled, and my blood sugars are great, but not losing. Makes me nuts! But I am also hypothyroid, so even though I am on Synthroid, it never makes me lose weight either.

A friend of mine that is similar to you med/pump-wise went through a period of about 3 weeks where she gained then didn't lose. They told her that that was normal for some and that more efficient sufficient insulin makes more of what you eat available and your body is going What the Heck? and packs on some weight. Eventually, your body says I got this! Keep plugging, you have made a big change. And remember that insulin is a hormone, so it does what hormones do--weight gain. Hope your body goes into the I got this stage pretty soon. But we are all here, so keep us posted.

Getting a few things done and then it's on to the treadmill for me.

Have a great day, ladies!

Kathy

Sillymary 01-08-2013 09:44 AM

Kathy,
Thank you so much for your reply! My FBS has improved over the last two weeks, going from over 100 to 80's. I was able to lower my insulin by two units (I am also on one oral medication).

Thank you for your encouragement, and I am so happy I found this support site!

I'll let you know if I lose anything.

Have a great day everyone!
Mary

TappingPeony 01-08-2013 05:48 PM

Mary, you are so welcome! It gets so complicated sometimes. Right or wrong, just having someone answer you and let you know someone is out there struggling too is a huge morale booster. Do I sound like a cheerleader, or what?:carrot:

Kathy

TappingPeony 01-08-2013 11:05 PM

Good evening, all!Hope you have had a great day.

I got my goals accomplished today. I had 3 glasses of water, I did my treadmill. Now what will that scale say in the morning?

I was a bit shocked when I did my blood sugar after the treadmill. It was 98mg/dl before breakfast, and 69mg/dl after treadmill. Good thing I did check it, because 10 minutes later I was doing the jumpy, jittery thing I usually do when I'm getting low, and we had that appointment to go to an hour later. So I had an extra snack and went on. I had a good breakfast too, about 1.5 hrs before exercising. Ha, the scale will probably laugh at me and say I gained.

Tomorrow is Tap Class, so I will have a fun evening ahead of me. There is a book calling my name before bed here, so I think I will go find it.

Have a good sleep, all!

:hug: Kathy

dorothyh 01-09-2013 12:57 AM

Hello! I just found these forums and am happy to find a diet support forum specifically for those with diabetes. I was diagnosed last year and lost 16 lb by cutting out processed carbs, sugar, and 'the whites" (rice, potatoes, flour), then plateaued. Started the Shred diet 3 days ago, so far my fasting glucose levels are staying the same (which is good; I was expecting them to go up as it's a lot more carbs than I had been eating) I'm hoping this will jumpstart my weight loss again. I feel like right now if I can lose weight and get regular exercise, that's going to be my best shot at making those glucose numbers go down. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by the time I turn 50 (which is in 15 months)