3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   august hot chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/263919-august-hot-chat.html)

Butterfly50 08-23-2012 09:32 PM

Hey ladies Thanks fir all the nice words. I did a 50 min 4 mile watp today. Feeling pretty good ight now I need to go find a snack and take my meds needs to be at DR at 7:45 in the am I know I will be looking for a nap tomorrow. Will let you all know what he says..

So getting kinda stressed here. We will be leaving on the 31st to go to georgia for the weekend and believe me cant come soon enough. I am having my fill here . Had to have a talk to the girls tonight and tell them from now on they are not to say anything to the baby if they see her doing something wron then go tell her grandma or mom who ever is around. I was told tonight that they are hollering at them and they are giving her a complex and that a commet was made that she has too many people telling her what to do . So I told them from now on dont say nothing let them do it. Maybe they will see how bad she is. These parents and grandma refues to disapline the child and lets her get away with everything so from now on she will here too and they can deal with it and they will have no one to blame but their selfs.
My children are getting tired of being bitten and hair pulled and being slapped by this child she is 18 months and they refuse to do any thng to her .Its pretty bad when your children beg you to leave for the weekend jest so they dont have to be around her.

I an see I am gonna have to make some finances changes and get us out of here after the first of the year before we all go crazy.

Well I guess I have ranted enough I better be going to bed here soon I hate going to bed early never can fall asleep.

I hope all is doing well check back in the am...

Riemontana 08-23-2012 11:34 PM

Hi Friends!

Busy couple of days here.... I am packed and ready to head for the mountains for the weekend in the morning. I am looking forward to it. There are only a few more weekends left here in the high country and I want to take advantage of them.

Bonnie, I am sorry that things are so stressful. It makes me sad that the family is letting such a little one run rampant. They are certainly not doing her any favors.

Ruth, I know what you mean about how much those teen boys eat. I am sure that you are looking forward to the visit.

Well, I hope everyone else has a great weekend!

Rie

Butterfly50 08-24-2012 09:47 AM

Went to the Dr about my toes going numb he is treating me for Neuropathy and Neuroma. They made wraps I have to wear when I work out and then they have ordered a cream for my feet. They said if this dont help then he will have to give me cortizone shots in my feet .

On the bright side took my sugar this morning it was 99 got to love them two digits. I have been doing good But I do feel me a nap comming on not used to getting up at 6 in the morning. Then I will get my workout out in Gonna be another raininy day here.

Rie I know Right the bad thing is since I have been back from the Dr I have heard her yell at the baby several times. she has gotten where if she dont get what she wants she is throwing at tantrum .

Hope eeryone is doing well be back later..

fatmad 08-24-2012 10:42 AM

LOL: Ruth, on the way to Indiana come by here for me to take your blood, bring the requisitions and I will be your personal vampire! I pride myself on my abilities, so if you present a challenge I will do my best!

Bonnie: it is really hard to watch other people parent when they have a challenging kid. So many people told me I was a terrific Mama with my oldest, but she was the easiest kid to parent. I don't remember too many people saying that with the 2nd one, who was much more difficult from day 1. Sounds like the terrible 2s come early with this one, and seeking ways to protect yourselves is a good idea. Good luck with everything.

Rie: have a wonderful time in the mountains. It sounds very appealing, like going to my island camp. (which I will do one last time this summer next Wednesday. )

DH will take away the internet again on Sunday, but I will join him on Tuesday night or wednesday at the island camp. Youngest DD is going with him, but she usually takes off and joins friends she has made there, so not sure how much we will see her. One last hurrah for summer, school starts here the day after Labour day.

Have a good day everyone.

geoblewis 08-25-2012 02:11 AM

Sneaking in for a quick hello. I've been very busy with life lately, but it's all good. I'm down two more pounds and I'm definitely hitting a groove with exercise and eating the very low carb diet to control my blood sugars. Mornings are still mostly in the low 100s, but I'm not seeing FBS popping up over 120 at all now.

Hope you're all well. Will see you again for the September chat. I'm working a lot lately and don't see things slowing down at all in the near future. Helps me not overeat!

Ciao!

Butterfly50 08-25-2012 02:16 PM

He ladies decided that I would stop by for a min Jest got done doing a five mile work out Doing good. I will be weighing in on monday and doing good . I Have been doing great on the food . Well have to run be back in a few

Butterfly50 08-26-2012 10:01 AM

JEst hopped the scale this morning and I am now 3 more pounds down!!!!

pattygirl63 08-26-2012 03:11 PM

A quick flyby. I am most lurking right now. Not saying a whole lot right now as I move into the way I am eating right now. I am doing the Dukan Diet 1st phase right now. I started yesterday and will share more later. I felt I had to be more extreme right now to get the swelling off and the weight moving down. I don't like eating nofat, but I see that people who have done this for a long time have learned to tweak it and some add fat into the plan and still lose weight. But if this gets me going in the right direction then I will do it. Also learning from one lady on another website Dukan thread the importance of drinking Kefir everyday... it really is good for the knee and joints.

I changed my starting weight to go with the Dukan Diet yesteray and it was 234 and today it is back down to 229. So maybe the fluid is beginning to turn loose. That will help the knee a whole lot.

Georgia Glad you could check in.

Bonnie I am so proud of you taking care of yourself in the midst of the turmoil you are going through. :hug: and prayers coming your way. Believe me I understand about people who can't seem to control their kiddos. Little Jaxx will fuss and yell and throw a fit with parents, but he doesn't do that with DH and me. He will start, but knows that it gets him no where with us. Also I have found that when the girls are taking care of him, they don't know how to get him to stop throwing fit so they give into him. Being young themselves, they are limited as to how much they can do. So there are those people who love their kids and are good parents in other ways, but just don't know how to discipline. I've know people who thought if they discipline them that their children won't love them. What they don't realize is that they may love them, but they won't have respect for them.

Mad, Ruthie and Rie Y'all enjoy your vacation trips.

Y'all have a super Sunday.

Ruthxxx 08-27-2012 09:58 AM

:wave: The weight is holding steady - better than going up, right? FBGL is wonky at around 2.3 in the morning. :shrug: It may be because of drinking wine. I am eating normal healthy foods with no sweets except ice cream one day when I took the "kids" to a local dairy. We'll see what happens when they go back home on Thursday. :cry:

Riemontana 08-27-2012 10:01 AM

Hello Friends!

Fbs at 78 this morning. I had a lovely time in the mountains. My friends and I were very high into a national forest and we were the only group in the campgrounds. My eating wasn't too bad, wasn't too great.

Bonnie, you are doing so good - especially given your stressful situation. I hope your feet improve rapidly. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes because of neuropathy. He takes a medicine for it but I don't remember what it is.

Trish, I hope the Dukan works for you. After all, I don't think the specifics of the plan matter as much as our ability to live with it.:p It would be so nice if this was all easier, wouldn't it?:hug:

Mad, I am with you. I totally think that activity is what has derailed me. I can manage the bs rather easily with my eating but I need to exercise to manage my weight. Here goes...

Ruth, I think waiting til October for your appointment would be fine but maybe you could call and make the appointment soon? Just get it on your calendar? That is what I plan to do about a dentist appointment that I am dreading.

Off to face the day!

pattygirl63 08-27-2012 05:01 PM

Today has been very good. DH had his endoscopy and the ulcers have healed up very nice. Had to stretch the area where the scar tissue was again. I told him about my DS hubby having to have his done ever so often. He said they might have to do it again in 6 months if he still has trouble feeling full all the time. We will see.

Dukan is working for me. I guess you would say it is Modified Dukan. I met a lady from another low carb site and she had to modify it some because she was losing too fast and she believes like I do that we need some fats. Example, I use the whole egg not just the white... too many good things in the egg we need. This is day 3 and I have lost 7 of the water weight I gained. I know it is water but I'll take it. So thankful the swelling is going down. Had a planned off breakfast after DH got through because he was hungry. We stopped by the local store that sales Kefir. My knew Dukan friend is sending me the starters and helping me learn how to make my own kefir, my own fermented flavored drinks and kombucha tea. Such healthy drinks. Any way, I got right back on plan by having a glass of kefir with oat bran mixed into it since having it is required to eat once a day. The kefir is actually supposed to be really good for the joints/knee. I do feel really good on the plan. First day was difficult because I didn't eat enough, but I ate the oat bran for breakfast and it set the day. I was thrilled to learn that oat bran is good for lowering cholesterol. I read that kombucha helps correct the ph and detoxes the liver causing the liver to be healthy i and I read yesterday one of the many benefits is that it keeps the insulin from spiking when we eat. She is mailing me the stuff next week so when I get it I will let you know how it works. I understand these things can be purchased in the stores already made, but homemade is less expensive and you know what is in it.

Rie Your trip sounded like fun. I agree about the specifics of the plan. When I told the lady I talked to today about me having to eat a little off today and had some carbs, she said "Life happens". We have to realize that. She has lost an over 100 lbs on this. I think that is what I have to remember because I always try to do things to the letter and when I have to deviate the slightest, I feel like I blew it. I just thought of today as a Dukan/CAD day which means I was only off for the one meal and right back on planwith the kefir.

Mad I agree with Rie. You have done pretty good considering the stress you've experienced.

Ruthie, Bonnie and everyone else Hope all is going well for you.

Have a good evening.

fatmad 08-27-2012 05:24 PM

HI gang: well DH left yesterday for the island, took the internet hub with him. I am at the office after hours, going to a yoga class later, so staying here to eat supper and use the internet a bit. Still not sticking to diet plan, will meditate on my urges tonight and see if I can manage the rest of the week. Leaving after work tomorrow to join DH and youngest DD on the island until Sunday, so a mini holiday to enjoy the end of summer. DH says the lake is warm and I should get out on the kayak a bit.
TTFN
madeleine

Butterfly50 08-27-2012 06:18 PM

Sitting her jest ate dinner Had to take the girls to their Mental health apts and when we came home The aunt got mad about something and took off out of here . Wondering what have we done now!!! It seems to always be something.

Other then that been doing good got up this morning and did a 4 mile watp . feeling pretty good right now too bad it is raining here again I would get out and walk for a bit.

Riemontana 08-28-2012 09:51 AM

Hello All!

I cant find my meter this morning. :?: Weird! I know that I am ok but it makes me feel strange. I will look for it today. I am getting things ready for a garage sale and I hope I didn't get it mixed in with other things by mistake. I think my gs might have moved it.

Bonnie, I hope the aunt was just having a "moment". You did move there to help HER? Right?

Trish, it sounds like you are figuring things out very well. I am happy for you.

Mad, enjoy the time at the lake.

Ruth, I hope you are enjoying the family visit!

Rie

pattygirl63 08-28-2012 10:40 AM

Good Morning, Chickies

Got up and cooked up some protein to have ready when I need it. Too carby yesterday even with allowable foods. Weight was the same this morning, but fbs up. Planning ahead and having things ready is so much better. Jaxx has had morning therapy and the therapist was very pleased with the fact that he initiated some things and sang row row the boat with her. I heard them and he pronounced many of the words very well. He will have his other therapy this afternoon. I have to say the DGD especially the oldest one is very helpful. She seems to have blossomed. She left me a "Good morning, I love you" note yesterday. She gets up and helps me by getting the baby up and brings him in to the living room. When I thanked her this morning she said "Oh I love getting him up. He is so cute when he wakes up". I think she knew DGS would do it. Now that he has moved on campus, she feels needed. Both girls are so much more a pleasure. Interesting to watch them growing up. Strange to the oldest was such a good kid and helpful, but now it seems the house is calmer. Don't really understand that one.

Mad I am so sorry you are struggling. :hug: Hope things get better for you soon. Have a nice trip to the island and enjoy your time away.

Bonnie I hope thing get better soon for you. The adjustments are not easy. I found in our experience that we needed more communication. Your aunt may be struggling with wishing she didn't need help so much. I hope y'all can talk and work it out.

Ruthie I agree a stable weight is much better than a gain. I was so glad that mine stayed the same after eating out yesterday.

Georgia, Slmn and others reading I hope all is well with y'all.

Have a good one.