Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick good morning. Today is laundry and house cleaning day while babysitting. It's good to busy so no problem there. FBS up a little but not surprised since I took Nyquil last night trying to knock out a cold and cough that's been bugging me. Eating OP and withing pts allowed so all is good there.

Mad and Ruthie - So glad you 2 were able to have a good weekend and food in control.

Chipper - Hope you are feeling better soon. 20 miles to the doc is a long trip when you feel good. Hope it doesn't seem too unbearable with the way you are feeling.

Rie, Bonnie, Lindyloo and everyone else

Have a good Monday!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #62  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Morning Guys , I hope to find everyone doing well so I am getting into a routine today I have so much I want to do the baby is sleeping and I think I am gonna do some wii. Wanting to plan my meals out today so I can be set as to what I am eating even if I have to make some prepared meal for me to get back in the routine I have went up to 263 pounds I have gained like ten pound I am not going to do this I dont want to back slide again it seems like everytime I get going good I end up sliding back and I dont want to go their. I jest hope their is help for me to get back on plan I have even quit checking my sugar and I need to do that too I think I am gonna check it several times a day till I get back in a routine of doing it.
So everyone wish me well I am gonna try to get back on plan......
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #63  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I jest did a hour and 15 minutes of walk it out Yes And it feels good... Oh did I forget to tell you i had all my hair cut off I will get some good pics and update and profile pic...
Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All

fbs at 87 this morning and my weight is the same as friday. That is a bonus because I didn't eat very well while I was out of town. I had a good time and I returned to onplan eating last night. Life happens, right? I did 90 minutes of walkitout this morning. I have an oral surgeon appointment today. Terrifying.

Mad, good for you on maintaining under difficult circumstances.

Ruth, so glad that you had fun without the evil scale punishing you.

Chipper, feel better. There are some nasty viruses out there this year.

Trish, have you ever tried theraflu? I get a similar effect but without the sugar and alcohol of nyquil. It tastes yucky, though. Get well.

Bonnie, welcome back. We all do the up and down thing and you have been going through lots of changes. Baby steps, and you will get there again!

Well, off to face the day. Good health to all!

Rie
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #65  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Chipper and Trish, hope those colds get better soon. I don't think I have seen Theraflu but will look for it at the drugstore, good idea. I do avoid cough syrups for that reason, not wanting the sugar and alcohol, although brands I have tried that are alcohol and sugar free don't seem to go down as easy.
BOnnie: I know its worrisome to have gained some weight, but you had some pretty big changes in your life and you are just getting used to those changes. I am sooo proud of you for getting back into routine and back onto plan. The real way to succeed is to start again when we get off track and not let the small gains set us back. GOod for you.
going to bed early to catch up on missed sleep.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #66  

Default he b

Bonnie - Proud of you for getting back OP. I agree with Mad. You've had a lot of big changes and you have really done well.

Rie - My DH#2 used to take theraflu. I never have taken it but picked up a box of it today and read on the box that it might be helpful to diabetics.

Mad - Hi. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #67  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Valentine's Day

May you feel the joy of the day and avoid the commercial overkill.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #68  
Madeleine

good morning friends: yes, Ruth, its Valentine's day, and lets avoid being commercial. DH and I had our first date on Feb 20th, and we usual celebrate then, but we exchanged Valentine's day cards the week before, so that was our first declaration of LIKE. Its the first time in years I am off for both days, and since the kids will be here this weekend for the 20th, we will go out for supper tonight. Unprecedented!
Stuck to points yesterday, and have lots of weeklies lets for tonight, although I am thinking I will not be having dessert, just a nice supper.
I am planning a little walk on the trail. Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Rie: how did you do in the pool tourney?

GOod Tuesday for all.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello friends

OM goodness! I actuall forgot to test this morning. I don't believe it! I am sure that I am ok, though, really onplan day yesterday. After a a week of high weights and a questionable weekend, my weight is true to ticker today. Yay! I had the last of my oral surgery follow-up care yesterday so I am done for several months as it heals. Thank goodness!

Mad, have a lovely evening with hubby! I did terrible in the tourney, but it was a really fun weekend with friends.

Ruth, Happy Valentines Day to you darlin!

Trish, I hope you are feeling better and having a stress free week.

Bonnie, Yay ! So proud of you. I just finished the walkitiout island for the second time yesterday. I was walking forever, and in the end, I didn't have enough things to buy so I lost a lot of points. Oh, well, it was fun!

Chipper, Lindy, everyone.... Have a good valentines day

Rie
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #70  

A quick flyby as we have a busy day of beat the clock. Primary Doc insists that DH come off coumadin before endoscopy tomorrow although digestive doc had planned on doing it with him on it. DH had to take one Lovanox shot (not sure of spelling) last night. Has to go to primary to have blood flinger stick test and pick up another sample shot to take tonight. DH refused to take a series of these shots which usually runs into hungreds of dollars. However, I did learn that with his insurance that we would only have to pay 33% of the cost, but it has to be pre-authorized by the insurance company. Any way DGS has his regular therapy appt here at the house at 3pm and docs appt is at 1:30 so will be fun to see if we can get co-ordinated and be everywhere on time since DGD has to be picked up around 2:30. Wouldn't normally be a problem since DSIL is home, but he has to take DGD for her 3 pm doctor's appt. So I am hoping it all falls in place. Poor DH has to go through all the preparation for the endoscopy tomorrow and we have to be at the primary docs office for another blood finger stick at 8:30 am before primary doc will give the go ahead to have it done. But he is a good doc and I'm thankful that he does take good care of us.

Rie - I took the Theraflu last night and I slept like a log. I didn't move for hours. I couldn't believe how long I slept. Feel a little groggy today, but may not be from the med. Thanks for recommending it. It has really helped break things up and the cough is more productive and not as bad.

Mad - have a fun celebration with DH. We had planned to get married on valentine's day, but he decided to come to TX in January so we just went ahead and got married then.

Everybody have A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #71  

Well, the endoscopy/colonoscopy is postponed until March 12th. Turns out that DH has to be off the coumadin for 4 days prior to procedure and DH didn't want to go through all the preparation and then find out that he couldn't have it just before the procedure was to be done because his primary says his pt# isn't low enough. It was 2.8 today and has to 1.1 by tomorrow and DH didn't think it would be down to that by morning. So we went to the digestive docs office and had it changed. Then we found out from the girl at his office that he has to be off his iron pill 4 days before the procedure as well. I think the digestive doc was going to do it with him on the coumadin, but our primary doc said "NO". I wasn't sure about it when he set it up and am thankful for a good caring primary doc. And I think DH needs more time for the iron to take effect and he seems to have some sort of red blood cell problems.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #72  

Pattygirl what is WW P+?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #73  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris View Post
Pattygirl what is WW P+?
Weight Watchers Points Plus.

Its the newest plan that WW is doing. (as you may know, they change the name and the plan from time to time.)
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #74  

Thanks. People seem to be getting fairly good results with WW for their diabetes. I thot low carb was the only way to go. Guess I was wrong.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #75  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Company arriving tomorrow so I may be MIA until Tuesday. I will test and weigh so not to worry.
Closed Thread