Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

FBGL of 4.3 again. Did the gym thing yesterday but my PT goes not want me to do leg work until I get my leg checked out. (Injured it mid-summer and it's still a bit lumpy. We're thinking haematoma. ) I did do treadmill and some arm work but it sure wasn't the usual work-out.

My appetite and cooking enthusiasm has disappeared again. I am not eating properly. I had planned a beef stir-fry for supper but ended up eating another frozen pasta dinner - low in calories but also low in protein. I guess I should have prepped the veggies and meat for the stir-fry while I was doing my marathon baking for today's funeral but ... Maybe tonight.

This will be a day of just trudging though - plumber will be here this morning to fix a leak, funeral and lunch this afternoon and then pet therapy with the dementia residents at the nursing home. I'll need a decent supper!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #62  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth: do eat better. I know the meds reduce your appetite, but healthy eating is important too. HOpe the funeral isn't too difficult, and the reception afterward not too sweet filled. (thats where I have problems, after a sad and draining service, to be faced with all kinds of sweet treats, then I can't resist)
I guess you did a lot of the baking, so hope you made something that you can enjoy a bit.
Enjoy the pet therapy!

I slept ok, and weight is at ticker, hope to have s loss later this week if I can stick to the plan. I will be eating 4 planned meals a day, but supper is late at 7 or 730, and I hope that will help me avoid desserts and sweets.
GOing to yoga again tonight, and maybe even a trail walk as well. Today is a light work day, so will fill it with good stuff.
Happy Tuesday friends
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends

fbs at 82 this morning. My weight is pretty stable but ticking downward a fraction of a pound at a time. I am also hoping for a weight loss as I head through the work. Today I am back at the oral surgeon to have stitches removed and treat an area that is not healing.

Ruth, I hope the service isn't too difficult. I think pet therapy will be a lovely and healing way to complete the day. Good luck on your eating. I also find that prepping food early in the day is the trick to sticking with a healthy meal in the evening.

Mad, your plans for the day sound wonderful. I guess the new scheduling is working for you? Nice!

Well, I am off to face the day. Later.

Rie
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. 5.4 BGL this morning after a veggie and meat stir fry. That puzzled me for a while until I remembered munching on dried strawberries while watching TV. and

Life is way too busy lately so I need to control what I can. Meals are planned and partially prepped for today.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #65  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good morning....
well once again, go into work and no fliers in mailboxes. this is getting frustrating. i get ready makeup and hair for just an hour to see it they showed. i ready to get this job done and over with. now it's looking like i will need to work sat and mon. if i do end up having to work the hours stated (9-7) than i will need the weekend break. i just want to get it done. i haven't been able to plan anything for the days. oh well, i just keep telling myself new running shoes and coach purse. that's what i plan with my pay. DH said i could get my coach purse i have been wanting for years. i want the running shoes first. LOL
hope everyone is doing good.
check back later
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #66  

Hello All.

Happy Hump Day! fbs at 74 this morning. Yesterday was another trip to the oral surgeon for followup. Some good and some bad. He had to do a little more work on the spot. Ouch. Other than that, I am hanging in there.

Today is a long day at work followed by pool league. I am doing really well with my eating although my calories are really low. I am thinking that I need to cycle in a higher day or two each week to keep the averages in a reasonable range. I have been staying at around 900.

Chipper, hang in there. New shoes and a coach bag are worth a week's frustration.

Ruth, did you get your leg checked out or an appointment to do so? Hope your plan goes well for today.

Hi Mad, have a good day!

Rie
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Riemontana - Are you on any medication or are you managing with just diet?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #68  

Kris,

I am on metformin and Januvia. I also control carbs alot. I love the januvia. My bs has been so stable since I started it. I don't have any side effects from either medication. I also take a small dose of lisinopril, a blood pressure med, because it somewhat protects kidneys. I am hoping to come off that med if I can lose more weight.

Rie
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby. Leaving as soon as DD gets home to take DH to get his blood test. Don't know if we are going any where else or not. Had planned to goto Long John Silvers for his favorite fish and then to Sams but not sure he feels like it. Told him it didn't matter to me as I can just stay 100% OP if we don't. I plan to take the breading off the fish and chicken at LJS, but it will be tempting not to. If we don't go to out, I may bring him home and go get my nails done as the girl who does mine is going to visit family for 2 weeks in Vietnam and leaves Monday.

My FBS this morning was 113 so I actually have the incentive I need to stay 100%. However, if I decide to make it an Off plan meal, I just get right back On with my next meal/snack. So I've learned not to make it a big deal... that is real growth for me. So either way I am ready for whatever comes. And I would really love to be under 220 when I see the doc in 3 weeks.

Ruthie Do the best you can to stay as close to OP as you can and get that leg checked.

Rie Hope your not in any pain.

Chipper Just stay focused on your goal and maybe the time will go quicker for you.

Kris, Fatmad and everyone else

Have a great Wednesday.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 198/198/126

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone.
I am new here and I'm thrilled to see a community of diabetics all supporting one another.
I was doing Atkins for a while which my diabetes loved but....There is always a but isn't there?......I developed insulin resistance and ended up on ridiculous amounts of insulin. I am still battling this and my bg's are awful but I am a fighter so I won't give up.
I am just keeping to lowish carb and portion control at the moment, foodwise. I really need to lose this weight though. I'll be interested to see how everyone else has done it.
I look forward to getting to know you all. I am an insomniac so will probably pop in and out of here at all hours to keep myself motivated.
Any ideas will be very gratefully received.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #71  

Hi Lea! Welcome to the thread. Great group here.

Rie
Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #72  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Welcome fatlea, and it doesn't matter how you lose it, you need to lose to reduce your insulin resistance. Exercise will also help a ton.

Went to yoga again last night so am pleased to be doing well that way. Making a big salad for work today, hope for yoga again tonight, and DH planned a good supper for us afterward. However, yesterday messed up with chocolate. The food I had planned for late pm snack before yoga turned out to be off, and hungry, reached for the first thing, the choc the local pharmacy had sent over as a business thank you gift. No thank you, must get that out of the office......
otherwise no major issues today. Enjoyed some social time with another couple, played euchre until a bit too late, so am a little tired today, but in a good mood after a nice night.
Happy Thursday friends.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #73  
Come on Spring!

Lea. Yes, losing weight will definitely help your diabetes - it did mine!

Since I am a MOD and ADMIN on this Forum, I don't have time to do personals every morning but try to check in with my FBGL and a bit of a report. I do read everything though. Just sayin' ...

FBGL of 4.5 this morning and I DID cook dinner last night. So there! It's a terrible day with ice pellets happening so I'm grounded today. I plan to make clam chowder for lunch and will even have some (measured) potato in it! My appetite and enthusiasm for cooking are slowly returning after cutting my Victoza dosage a bit.

Re the leg: I see the doc tomorrow morning to get the requisition for a test. I think it's a Doppler test on both the leg and the arteries in my neck. It sucks to get older but when you examine the alternatives ...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Lea This is a great group for support. Jump in and let us get to know you. I agree with the others that losing weight is the key to keeping the insulin under control.

Ruthie I'm so glad you are getting the leg checked out. I agree with you that about getting older. DH mother told us before she died to "Never think of yourself as old". I also remember an aunt who also said that she never felt old until she hit her 80s. I always say I don't mind getting older as it is better than the althernatives, but I just don't want to look or feel old.

Fatmad Strange no matter what situation we find ourselves in, we always find that there is something to challenge us. I suppose that is what keeps us on our toes.

Didn't go out to eat yesterday. DH didn't sleep well the night before and it was cold, raining and dreary out so we just came back home. I ate dinner and got sick. I think I need to put a little bit of fats in my diet. I ended up making 6 days on the Attack Phase of Dukan Diet which I'm happy with since the average is 3. Read an article yesterday that someone shared on another site about why low carb works. It also showed the importance of having some fats. Don't have to go heavy on the fats, but they do need to be included. I'll see if I can get the link to the article and post it here. The article also shared that berries are a low carb fruit. So I got my Atkins book out and read it again and found that the only difference between Atkins Induction and the Cruise phase which you go on until you reach goal is the fats. Atkins allows fats and Dukan doesn't. I'm not fond of going fat free. I think it plays an important part of eating especial of weight loss. So I decided if I'm going to be eating a diet that almost equals Induction any way, why not just do the Atkins Induction using a small amount of fat rather than doing the Dukan Cruise with no fat. I just think it is dangerous to cut out all fats. Stranage isn't it how I fought going on strict low carb and ended up choosing to do it after all. FBS has improved so I guess I've to admit that my body only functions well on one way of eating and that is low carbing. I went back to when I first got on low carb after learning I was T2 diabetic and the FBS showed the same improvement. It's time to stop playing around with other diets etc and face up to the fact that this is the way I have to eat if I want to be healthy and just do it. If I can do 6 days of only protein then I can surely do Atkins woe as a lifestyle.

Bonnie I hope everything is going well for you.

Rie, Chipper, Lindyloo and everyone else

Y'all have a good Thursday.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Very interesting article on the affect of exercise on diabetes and fat.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...me&ref=general

Let me know what you think!
Closed Thread