Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #31  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning.

I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up with DH before he went to work.

Mare no, I don't have a meter for the A1CI (but I think they are available now). Your doctor should send you for that blood test every three months.

I have a Breeze2 meter that I can download all the info to my computer. I don't test as much as I used to, but our health care plan pays for the strips except for the co-pay of about $10.00.

Have a great day.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends

I woke early this morning and couldn't sleep. Normally, it would be great because I would use that time to exercise but I am still conserving strength. fbs at 84 this morning.

Mad, you are doing great! Two recent episodes of self control is wonderful. It sounds like you have started the year with new determination. You are going to look wonderful at the wedding I have never cross country ski'd. We get so little snow that I would have to drive a couple hours to get to a place to ski.

Chipper, like you, up early today. I got more than 7 hours of sleep, though , so I guess it's ok. I sure miss the days of my youth when I could always go back to sleep in the morning.

Trish, congrats on the new low! Yay! You are doing so well. Glad that the doctors are getting to the bottom of dh's medical problems.

Mare, how did your class go? Hang in there with us. It does get better.

Good Morning Ruth! I hope you enjoy your visit with your friend.

Off to meet the day. Later.

Rie

Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #33  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good almost afternoon.
i posted yesterday and it didn't go though. so will try again today.
been cold here for the south. i have the grands all this week after school. it's to bad their 11 & 8. i walk up to the school to get them. it's maybe a mile. gets in some steps.
i got a part time job today. i will be answering phones at the gym's trainers place for a biggest loser promotion they are coming out with. it will just be for the week. i will get paid $100 a day. work 10 hours a day. but, for a week and 500 bucks i can do it. i have to try to get people to come in and listen to their promotion in person. he said i will have a script to read and i will be marti for the week. he sent these out last aug. they are preprinted. i will get me a new pair running shoes with the money. good ones.
well, gotta get some stuff done around here.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #34  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies alot has been going on here since I have been away well for me I am trying to get back on plan but I have a aunt now who likes to snack and since I have been 100% on plan here in the last month Its kinda hard plus I have been so sick.
Had to Change doc since I have moved couldn't travel 25 minutes to a doc every time I needed to go. Believe me I needed to go . They said that because of the mold that was in the house we moved out of and all the dust I have a bad sinn us infection I can tell cause it felt like someone punched me in myn face and I was inn alot of pain. On antibotics now and feeling better now to get in gear.

Well I hope that all is going well with all of you and I will check back with all of you soon...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick flyby. Been a fairly busy day. I decided that I can combine the lowcarb Dukan Diet with WW pts+ afterall. It is a pretty strict lc for 7 to 10 days, but then goes to another phase of alternating protein one day and veggies one day until you reach goal or that is how I understand it so far. Will learn more about second phase while doing the 10 day protein days. I saw some pictures of a couple of ladies doing it on a low carb site and they look great. Also one of the beauticians where I go get my hair done has lost a lot of weight doing it and she looks fantastic. I am so impressed that I bought the book today and purchased some of the things to get started tomorrow. It will help me get my health under control.

Saw another low number on the scale today. Will wait a few days to see if it stays before putting it on the ticker.

Till tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 182/182/128

Height: 5'2"

Smile

My last A1c was in the 8s so on Monday I'm going on the Metabolism Miracle Diet. It looks very diabetic vegetarian doable so I'm going to give it a go. I'm on metformin 850 3 times a day and I also have Byetta injections, the highest dose twice a day.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Descartesmum, and to our wee section. We're glad you found us.

Survived the Big City visit although a fair amount of wine and wonderful Tuscan Walnut bread crossed these lips. The scale showed me 181 this morning and BGL was 3.8 so no major damage was done.

I was out side before six this morning to shovel off my car so I could move it to let Richard plough. It was quite exhilarating and beautiful out there in the dark. I'm actually looking forward to shoveling off the dog decks later today!

Happy Friday to us all.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #38  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 81 this morning. This despite the fact that I haven't had my januvia for two days I made a mistake and ran out and the current system of faxing back and forth between doctors and pharmacy is slow. I am hoping to get it today. From now on I will put the expiration date on my calendar.

I am happy to report that I have whooshed down to a new low. My ticker has been high for over a week but I finally decided to believe lower numbers on the scale. A few days of very low calories has taken a couple pounds of fast. It makes me wonder if some calorie cycling might continue to lead me out of my plateau.

Descartesmum, welcome to our little group. Jump right in and join us in our daily journey.

Ruth, glad that you were able to enjoy a little without a scale or bs consequence. I am enjoying the incredibly warm (50's) weather here in Montana but I still long for a deep, wet snowstorm. Of course, I would probably complain if that happened.

Bonnie, so nice to see you back and I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. I look forward to talking with you again. Did you get to bring your wii with you?

Trish, the dukan diet sounds effective. I really think that the solution is to find one that works for you, that you can live with. I totally get how you feel about waiting to put those low numbers on the ticker. It sure beats getting on the scale the next day and seeing that it has gone up .

Chipper, I love it, a job that gives you a nice chunk of change and new running shoes? That is a great deal. Have fun walking with the grands..

Mad, hope that everything is going well.....

Lindy, did you have a good day yesterday?

I will check back later.

Rie
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #39  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hey gang, just a quick check in. Ticker same, but not higher. Busy with work for a couple of days, (finally) and hoping to go out to eat tonight, just for a change. Glad to read of everyone's adventures, BOnnie, hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #40  

aBonnie Sure hope the antibiotics kick in and you are feeling much better quickly.

descartesmum :welcome3: Glad you found us. Look forward to getting to know you. Good luck on your MM journey.

Ruthie Good for you surviving your Big City visit. You never cease to amaze me with all your activity. :) You go girl!!

Rie I like doing very low carb, but got to where I just couldn't do protein 24/7 for a long period of time. The 1st phase is pure protein for 2 - 7 days but average is usually 5. I think I can handle that. In the second phase I can choose to eat 1 day of pure protein followed by 1 day of vegetables + proteins alternating that woe until I reach my goal weight. Then the last 2 phases teach you how to learn to maintain that weight. It will be a while until I get to those 2 so not sure how it works yet.

Well, I had to call the insurance company I have my Part D with and found out that because DH turned 65 last month that he is still in his 3 month window to get on a Part D plan. So he now is covered. I am so thankful. He will hit a a gap after 7 months, but it will really help us especially if he ever gets into a situation like he did last month. Because he didn't have Part D insurance, they said they couldn't/wouldn't even try to help us with paying for the Lovenox injections we had to purchase. If he needs it again during the 1st 7 months of his coverage, we pay nothing for the generic. Sure gives me peace of mind. He is still sluggish, but DD found out in class today that magnesium may be his problem too. He started taking it years ago for his heart, but recently he had started eating loads of almonds so I guess we were over doing it. I told her that I had used these things to improve his heart and it had worked, but in the process we had produced another problem. So now we have to learn how to balance things. I'm only giving him the vitamins the doc has told him to take. I have often felt that if he would eat right that he wouldn't have to take a lot of things. Example, I eat more than 2 fish meals a week so I don't really need fish oil. He won't eat fish unless it is fried so the doc put him on 2 fish oil gels a day. I think he is going to have to learn how to eat healthy.

I'm enjoying my new way of eating. The book says don't count or measure anything, but I still count WW points and I measure some foods. I think I have to do this the way it works for me so I can succeed. Guess I'm just ready to do it. For one thing I've come to the place again where my health is more important to me than anything else. A good place to be when needing to diet.

chipper, lindyloo, fatmad and others :wave: Hope everything is going good for y'all today.

Have great Friday evening!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-06-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #41  

Happy Saturday

I am up too early today. Little dgs woke me at 530. Ds was up here immediately to redirect him but I was not able to go back to sleep. So, I am enjoying the quiet of the morning.

fbs at 80 today. It was 75 at bedtime. One of my friends/employees has been hospitalized with pancreatitis He is in terrible pain. They are saying that he will need insulin for a while, at least. He was unaware that he had diabetes. His wife told me yesterday that the doctors told her that he has been diabetic for a while. I hope he does well.

Nothing much to report today. Football playoffs, a party this evening.. maybe a glass of wine Have a good day.

Rie
Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #42  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie post this morning after a restless night with just 4 hours of sleep. Darned dogs banged the door open and joined me in bed so ...

Did OK at dinner last night - I thought! I had salad and a tourtiere I bought from a Church sale. I assumed it was all meat and carefully ate just the filling with my salad. Discovered this morning when I was getting the leftovers ready for the dogs that it had potatoes, carrots and peas in the filling as well. It's a good thing I didn't weigh or check blood this morning! The other one that I have in the freezer will be "gifted" to someone who needs a ready to bake dinner.

So ... clean eating is on the menu today - bean soup at noon and a chicken breast, green beans and salad for dinner. The Festive Food Frenzy is now officially over!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #43  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Just a quick post as I am up early again today and have a busy day.

DH left around 4:30 this morning to go pick up my brothers furniture from the group home. He can't go back there after he gets out of the hospital as he will need more care than what the care workers can give him there. Busy trying to find room here for it.

Out for dinner tonight to our favorite Italian restaurant. I probably won't be good either.

Decartesmum Welcome. I remember you from another board.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Lindyloo; 01-07-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Can't spell properly
Old 01-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #44  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone: didn't wind up going out last night, as we were invited to a dinner party tonight. Turkey dinner, and salads and veggies, so I should be able to eat properly as long as I can have the willpower to avoid the stuff I shouldn't eat. So send a little mental willpower my way this evening. I made soup and we stayed home and had a fire and got a pay-per-view movie (The Help, which we both enjoyed).
Just a few visits today. As of 11 pm tomorrow, will be switching to the "off-call" week schedule, where I will work 4 days during the day, but quite busy days, and no on call time. Then a 3 day weekend off. the last week of on call work was a bit quiet for my taste, but didn't have any all nighters, (spoiled) but my body is pretty happy with sleeping every night and regular meals. Planning to go to yoga at 5:15 every evening after work during the week. Excited to be able to plan that!
Have a lovely weekend ladies.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #45  

Good afternoon everyone.

I guess this was a day for getting up early. 1 day when I could have slept a little longer and I was awake by 6 am. I've had a really good day though. I went to the beauty shop this morning and talked to the beautician who is doing Dukan Diet. I told her that I really didn't like eating FF or no fat foods, but she said that we do get some fat in our meats. She also told me that she did 5 days of the kick start phase which the book says is the usual. I think the health benefits are what matters. And the one big thing is that after just 1 day OP, my FBS has come back down to 129 today from the 150s, so I will definitely continue doing it for at least the 5 days and just might make it for the 7 days. I saw the low # again on the scale today, but just not ready to put it on the ticker until it is more stead and not bouncing around. Sure hope it is here to stay. The book also talks about having a plan of what to do when you are losing weight and get to that stage of wanting to give up and stop for some reason such as a stall or something. He suggests going back to phase 1 or even you may be ready to change to something else. So I've got my backup plan. "If" I get to that stage, I'm thinking this is so similar to South Beach that I could switch to it if I need to some where down the line. However, I hope I don't have that problem. He says some people do and some don't. Going to try to stay in a positive mood concerning all this and not look for any problems and maybe I won't have any.

Rie So sorry about your friend. Hope he is able to get help and get better.

Ruthie I hate it when I eat something I think is OP or safe and find out it wasn't. Hope the results aren't bad.

Lindyloo Good luck at the Italian resturant. I would not be able to stay OP if I had to eat at one. Hope your brother get better soon.

Y'all have a great day.
Closed Thread