Dr. Bernstein diet?

• Has anyone done this diet with injections etc? How did it go? were you hungry?
    It sounds crazy expensive, is it worth it? Did you keep the weight off afterward?
    I have 2 options in my town, there is a Bernstein clinic and a competitor, former partner of his. My weight loss has been very slow, and I want to lose significant weight in the next 6 months.
    I wouldn't go so low cal without supervision. I a pretty sure I have read that some people have done this.
    thanks
  • I hope you were able to find an altenative for Bernstein. I went to him for a couple of weeks on but he fired me because I wanted to exercise while following his program. He told me that his program doesn't allow enough calories to exercise. Many of my coworkers lost amazing amounts of weight in a very short amount of time but every sngle person gained it all back plus some when they went off the diet.
  • NOra: I am doing weight watchers. I had been doing atkins, with some initial success, and liked how I could control my blood sugar so well with diet, but wasn't losing more weight. I want to lose more weight. I am finding ww quite flexible, and avoid having too many grains, but eat a bit of that, and so far the sugars are ok. I am testing more right now, since this is a big switch, but sugars are fine. They weren't when I tried a ww diet shortly after diagnosis, but it had more grains than what I am choosing now. The grains really cause me to spike my sugars, so as long as I have only a little, I do better.
    Thanks for the input.