3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   *** October *** Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/244269-%2A%2A%2A-october-%2A%2A%2A-chat.html)

Ruthxxx 10-01-2011 05:53 AM

*** October *** Chat

Good morning and welcome to October. Mother Nature must have been paying attention to the calendar last night because the temperature sure dropped. Cold air coming in the window woke me at 4!

It'll be oatmeal, yogurt and dried peaches for breakfast this morning, my winter standby. I have some spicy chickpea soup planned for lunch which, with an apple, will hold me until I get to Ottawa and deal with Shirleyanne and her food. I love her dearly but she just doesn't understand that I can't eat the way she does.

Raising my coffee mug to a new month and to the weekend.:carrot:

Butterfly50 10-01-2011 09:20 AM

Good october morning the temp sure did fall last night it is kinda chilly out got my windows opens to enjoy the fresh air. All is well here I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

Riemontana 10-01-2011 01:12 PM

Hello October!

fbs at 81 this morning. I slept for over 8 hours and I felt so rested! I set new records on my walkitout game: 15,000 steps and over 4 miles. It was really fun.

Montana, is being contrary and we had record (90) degree temps yesterday and forcasted for today. We are supposed to start digging sugar beets tomorrow night and it is supposed to be wet and cold early in the week. As usual, my dad the farmer is upset with the weather....

Bonnie, I hope you have a great weekend. Glad that your dd is feeling better.

Ruth, good luck with the food pushers! Have a safe trip.

See you all later.

Rie

Riemontana 10-02-2011 09:10 AM

It is quiet in here this weekend! Everyone must be busy.

fbs at 89 this morning. I didn't rest well. Last night I made roasted cauliflower for supper and everyone just ate it up. Cut up, toss with a little olive oil bake on cookie sheet until brown. Yummmo
Rie

pattygirl63 10-02-2011 02:21 PM

Hello Everyone,

First day of October was rather busy for me and promises to be all month. Started with usual trip to the beauty shop then went 2 doors down and got a wonderful pedicure followed with walking around a grocery store and Wal-mart. Ended walking in stores for about 1 and 1/2 hours. It was a beautiful day and so cool that I totally enjoyed being out. Also enjoyed just being alone doing my own thing. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I've pretty much decided that Saturday morning is going to be "me time" to just do what I want to do especially since I'm going to be pretty much homebound taking care of a baby all day 5 days a week. I don't mind doing it, but I will need some me time. I've decided there will be no "quiet time" for at least a year and a half. :dizzy: So will take it where I can.

FBS was 115 this morning so hopefully I've got things back down for me. I just have to work at keeping it down. And I had restaurant buffalo wings for lunch.:?: Weight is up .5 lbs but I consider that very good since I've come off of low carb onto more of a lowfat/lowcalorie diet. So I'm really happy with the way the week has gone.

Bonnie - We had our windows open yesterday too. It was really nice. Glad your DD is feeling better.

Ruthie - Thanks for starting our October thread. Hope things go well with your food pushing friend. I don't think they mean to be difficult they just don't understand. Throughout the years, I found that the very person who was trying to get me to diet were the same ones who would say to me, "Oh just have a bite. One bite isn't going to hurt you". Anyway, I hope it goes well for you today and you can enjoy being with your friend.

Rie - I don't know if I would like roasted cauliflower, but may try it to find out. Last time I baked some chicken I put sliced zucchini in with it to cook and it was really good.

Fatmad, CC, Slmn and everyone else :wave:

Have a good Sunday evening.

Ruthxxx 10-02-2011 05:51 PM

Back from my trip to the Big City and ate my way around most situations. My god daughter, Andrea, was there and gave her moth heck for pushing food so I hope I survived unscathed. The scale may not be pretty tomorrow morning since there was a lot of salt around in things like cheeses, turkey dressing and salted nuts tossed into salads. Water will be the word for tomorrow.

Patty, "me" time is extremely important in situations like the one you are in so insist on it! Everyone will be better for it in the long run.

There is another overbooked week ahead but I am planning to be the one holding the reins so it doesn't get away from me.

I have quilting biddies tomorrow but will get out of there before lunch and gossip and come home for my planned lunch. There's pet therapy, a garden group meeting, haircut, provincial election, folks dropping off things and a marathon baking project for the Church AND Mill bake sales. It will feel soooo good to get on that plane for New Brunswick on Sunday and go to my cooking course.

Sleep well tonight, girlfriends.

pattygirl63 10-03-2011 08:25 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I think this is a first for me or at least for a long time... for me to post 1st. We started our new routine this morning. DD starts nursing school today and everyone is gone except DH who is sleeping and the baby and I are up. I've done my 1 mile WATP just as I had planned. Did it as soon as the teens left to catch the school bus. Baby is playing in his little make ship play area in the hallway. Now I'll go make breakfast and we will go out to the closed in back porch and he will play while I read. This is my wash day and I've got a load washed and ready to dry. Actually feels good to have a plan and a routine.

Keep learning about more things that are going on with the kids and their problems. At least it tells DH and me what we are facing so we can plan what we can and cannot do. Makes things so much easier when people are honest with you. I hate being manipulated although I'm not sure it was manipulation as much as being ashamed of how things are for them. If we can help them better themselves and get back on their feet which is what this nursing school is all about then we will have to do it. Just pray we can do it.

Hope everyon has a great Monday.

Riemontana 10-03-2011 10:50 AM

Good Morning all!

It is crisp and bright morning today in Montana although it is forcast to get hot again today. I have been hearing the sugar beet trucks rumbling down the road since dawn. fbs at 84 this morning.

Last night I went to my little cousin's birthday. We went bowling and then to Old Chicago pizza. I ate spinach and artichoke appetizer with veggies, not bread, and a greeen salad. I guess I could have had the pizza but really, I didn't want pizza. Weird, I realized I haven't eaten pizza in a year. I dont think that it is depriving myself - really - for that many carbs, I'd rather have cheesecake!

Trish, it was nice to sign on here and see your posts! It sounds like you are getting a routine established. Good for you.

Ruth, good job :carrot: Keep firm control on those reins this week. A little water weight gain is nothing when you managed to control bs.

Bonnie, Fatmad, Carol, and all others.... talk to you later. Have a GREAT WEEK

Rie

Lindyloo 10-03-2011 12:21 PM

Good Morning!!

Still packing and moving and dealing with things. Hopefully I will have more time to post this month.

Will it ever end.

Have a great day.:)

Butterfly50 10-03-2011 12:53 PM

Hey how is everyone this morning? For me I had a rough Sunday. I went Grocery shopping and was so mad that I spent 300$ on nothing everything is going up again and it makes me so mad that People aren't gonna be able to afford to buy food if this keeps up. Then my Hubby made the decision we were gonna go to his Aunts house and a two Hour outing took us 8 hrs. I didnt take nothing with me so I had to eat what they decided to make for dinner( Chicken potatoes and gravy with fries and Biscuits. I ate some fries and a spoon of potatoes and gravy and a piece of chicken. I didn't want to be rude . But back home now and I am back on my schedule and Now back to working out and doing for me.

But got talked into going to her house in the Am and gonna help my daughter watch her Cousin and Help my Husband aunt Do some Cleaning. Well sorry for the venting but I am gonna go do my workout. Be back later....

Ruthxxx 10-03-2011 12:53 PM

Very late check-in this morning. Had a great sleep last night despite my 2 a.m. potty break. BGL was OK at 4.3 and wight was up just a tad to 180. Water and conscious eating will fix that.

I'm just back from my quilting group where I took along my lunch. However, I made my excuses and came home for lunch and the afternoon as there was an undercurrent of nastiness at the meeting about two members who have quit. I decided I didn't need to hear about it all and left. Now they can gossip about me! Who needs it - we are there to make quilts for cancer patients not for that nonsense. The dogs and I plan a peaceful afternoon with a fire and some sewing.

(It may be time for a purge of toxic people.)

JingerBird 10-04-2011 04:20 AM

Sorry everyone, I have had a busy few days. It's going to be like this up until after Christmas now.
Still not smoking, day 16 and things are going ok. I've put on 1.5 lbs but I could eat the entire contents of the fridge right now. Nothing seems to satisfy my cravings. Chocolate seems to be the food of choice right now. i have bought some 80% coccoa solids, less sugar and its supposed to be good for you in some amounts.
The only thing that's not tipping the sales further is the exercise. I'm doing about an hour everyday. Hopefully, I will get back to being level headed again once this smoking habit has been resolved. Just have to keep getting my butt on that cross trainer every night after work.
Hope everyone is well and is enjoying the week. X

Ruthxxx 10-04-2011 06:48 AM

Jinger, congratulations for still sticking to it! 1.5 is a mere piffle compared to what friends of mine have gained. Hang in there - you will be so much healthier!

I'm still hanging in but still need to improve my meals with more veggies. **Sight ** I'll make some tomato/veggie soup this morning plus some cream of cauliflower to freeze. I "cream" it by adding Laughing Cow Cheese. This cooler weather is making me think soup meals!

pattygirl63 10-04-2011 07:57 AM

Good Morning, awake at 4ish this morning and up by 5:30 am. Don't know why. Had planned to get up at 6 sinch DD and GD was leaving before 7. But I was wide awake and was no reason not to get up. May be getting settled into this new routine. Kids are out of school Friday so hope to get my 3 days of exercise done before then. I had planned to do MWF... will try to do MTW this week and if all goes well may do Thursday as well. Just have to see how my legs handle it. Hip joint usually hurts until I get used to doing WATP, however, it didn't hurt so bad yesterday and seemed to get better as I exercised. So the joints took it very well.

Jinger - I guess I missed about you giving up smoking. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good for you doing such a good things for your body. As for a 1.5 gain, my doctor never worries about 1 or 2 lbs because he says "it can be anything maybe you didn't pee or something". His actual words.:o I think you should be commended for doing so many changes at one time.

Ruthie - I love this time of weather for eating soup too. And I love to take V-8 juice for flavor and add a variety of veggies for a quick homemade veggie soup.

Bonnie - Don't mind your venting at all. Lord knows y'all have put up with mine. Nice to have a place to do that.

Lindyloo - Glad you could check in. I don't mine moving to new places what I hate is the actually packing and moving itself. Hope if I ever have to move again I could have someone do all that for me. Hopefully, I won't have to do that though. There really will be an end to it and you will be so glad when you get settled in your new place. It just feels like this part is going to last forever.

Rie - You did so good at the celebration. I find it interesting what things I don't eat any more. Counting Calories I can do it, but sometimes I just don't want it. Other times someone will ask me "don't you want some of this" (SIL asks me that a lot when they are eating something he know I like) and I hear myself responding with "Yes, I usually would want that but don't want to spend my calories on it". Maybe I'm finally getting it together.

I think what is helping me stay OP is that my FBS is really good right now. Still not as low as I'd like but it is down. Was 113 this morning. I get up thinking I want to eat a certain food and then I check my FBS. I then decide that I don't want to mess up a good thing so I stick to plan.

Fatmad, CC, and everyone else HI!

Y'all have a great day!!!

Riemontana 10-04-2011 03:46 PM

Hello All!

fbs at 84 this morning. I had an early meeting so I didn't get a workout in today.

Trish, that's exactly how I see it: "spending" my calories/carbs. I am glad that things are starting to come together for you.

Ruth, I have a hard time being satisfied with soup as meals. However, as fresh cucumbers become more expensive and out of season, I am thinking of making fresh veggie soup in a tomato-stock base to have at the beginning of meals. We always keep a stock pot bag in the freezer of meat trimmings and another with veggie trimmings so we can make our own stock. Bears considering....

Jinger. Go Girl! You are doing wonderful. I think the excercise is a wonderful way to deal with the after-effects of smoking. Good for you.

Bonnie, yup, those groceries are so expensive! Sometimes I think the only saving grace to this lifestyle is that cooking from scratch is often cheaper. But, spagetti and potatoes are good stretchers too, that are now out of my diet. :(

Lyndy, isn't it crazy how long it takes to move and organize? Hang in there!

I will check in later.

Rie