Old 10-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All,

Just a quick flyby…

Sutter, welcome! This is a great and supportive thread. Settle in and tell us a little about you.

Congrats on your birthday! I hope that the hives settle down so that you can enjoy the weekend. Keep us informed, ok?

Steph, Hello and welcome! You sure have your hands full. I like your attitude. If you search this site for Cauliflower fried rice – it is a great recipe. Otherwise, I just mash with a little roasted garlic. It also works to use it half potato/half cauliflower. Good luck!

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #107  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Welcome suttercm and Stephg138 glad to hear from you both. This is the best place to be all these ladies are the best. Will look forward to hear more about you guys.

Rie I am doing fine was gnna get my daughter to put zumba on and let her teach me some of it will let you know how it is. I will be ordering walk it out next week. I am so excited I can't wait to get it and check it out.

Fatmad I hope your hives get better. Sorry to hear they are so up and down. I love Roll top desk Makes it much easier to keep unwanted critters out( Like MY Cats). I hope you get some answers soon.

pattygirl63 Yes they are so full of energy arent they. I skype with my daughter in law and see my granddaughter and she is full of herself. Enjoy they wont stay that way long.

Ruthxxx I hope is well with you..

JingerBird Congratulation to your sister with Baby news.

Any one else I missed I hope all is going well with you guys too.

I am doing good I did a 5 mile today I started back writing down all my food and exercise and am gonna watch it close again jest to make sure I am not slipping.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

suttercm and steph Glad to have you join us and look forward to getting to know you.

Will do indies tomorrow. Goodnight
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #109  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All I can say is never, EVER buy Halloween candy a week before the event! Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!

Sutter and Steph, we will now sing three choruses of "Getting to know you". Glad you've joined the rest of the Sugar Babies or BGL Babes.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 218/205/165

Height: 5'2

[QUOTE=Ruthxxx;4085263]All I can say is never, EVER buy Halloween candy a week before the event! Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!

Uggghhhh...made that mistake last year & the year before...this year for Easter I didn't buy anything till the night before so I am going to do that for Halloween. That's why they put the candy out so early ya know. They KNOW no one can have bags of candy in their house without eating them & then they'll have to come back & buy more. lol

I also only buy candy I don't like now...for me, that's York Peppermint Patties & Junior Mints. DH loves those but that's his problem.

BTW-I sent DH out to get me sugar free Jello pudding yesterday & he came back with that & 1/2 dozen Apple Cider donuts. WTF???

I am off to do my fasting bloodwork at the Drs. Hoping for a decent A1C.

I can't talk about this with anyone IRL but needed to unload somewhere...my armpits were feeling tender & I got a cyst a few weeks ago so I went for a mammogram & armpit ultrasound on Monday, Dr called me in yesterday & the mammogram was fine but both lymph nodes were swollen. He said he thinks that since it's both & I just battled a horrible cold/flu/sinus thing, it could just be their reaction. But he will check blood cell counts & stuff today too. I am trying not to think about it but yikes...
Stephg138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Ruth - I love the stuffing too. Come Thanksgiving, I could just eat a big plate of stuffing with gravy on it. Yum! I always send my leftover stuffing home with my step daughter. Can't risk keeping it in the house.

Bonnie - Yea for you! You are doing so great!

Fatmad - Hope you find out what's causing your hives. When I had mine I got a shot of benedryl which didn't help, so they gave me a shot of cortisone. That worked, but I still had flare ups for the next couple months.

Jinger - Good for you for not smoking. You are doing great, and as other have said, that is making such a big difference in your health....don't worry about the weight loss for now.

Rie - Hmmm Cauliflower fried rice. Sounds good! I'm thinking of hiring you as my personal chef! LOL

Steph - Because the tenderness is in both armpits, I'm thinking it's from your cold. Like swollen glands, but in your armpits instead of your neck. It's good that you're getting it checked out, but I think it will be nothing serious. Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #112  

....Hi All,

Well, I feel a little better today. I actually got several hours of sleep last night and I don’t have a fever. Fbs at 83 this morning and I have maintained it pretty well while sick, only going to 100 one time when I mistakenly took a sugared cough drop.
I am so grateful to be feeling better and I am so looking forward to getting back in my routine! It reminds me that I need to be appreciative for healthy days. I really miss working out and I certainly miss logging in my exercise…..

Steph, interesting about the lymph nodes….. I have swollen glands in my neck that started a couple weeks ago. Dr couldn’t find any other ones but repeatedly wondered if I had the flu? Less than a week later, I was down for the count. We’ll see if they go away now.

Ruth, I totally understand about the candy. I ask dh to refrain from bringing in my favorites: I am helpless against reeces bars! I am going to purchase a single dark chocolate truffle for my Halloween treet. Hang in there.

Trish, fatmad and everyone else, I will be back later.

Rie

Last edited by Riemontana; 10-26-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

My husband wanted to buy the halloween candy a few days ago and I said "NO!" I will buy it the day before, if not the day of. He says it will be sold out by then. I'll find it somewhere. I used to buy it ahead and had a rule that it could not be opened until Halloween. Now, he opens it ahead of time and then I eat it once it's open. I would buy something I don't like but I can't think of what that would be. He always wants to buy bags and bags of it and we only get about 10 kids. Last year I bought full size bars. He says we might end up with a lot of kids this year and then what would I do. We won't end up with a lot of kids, just a lot of leftover candy. Our neighborhood is mostly older people who's kids have grown up. We even went through the grandchildren there for awhile. Now the grandchildren are too old for trick or treat. I sure am getting OLD! LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

My husband is a real candy freak. Always buying something, but usually has eaten it all before I find it. We also get very few kids at Halloween, so won't buy much of anything.

Finally released from Physical therapy due to Tendonitis in my right elbow. Am looking into buying some sort of exercise machine since the weather is not cooperating so I can get out and walk. Am really leaning toward an Eliptical. Anyone have much experience with them? I think I may get a short term membership at the local gym so I can test out some machines before I buy to make sure it is something I can stick with.

Got a call from my younger son last night who is in the military. He has started Cross-fit training and is really loving it. Anyone heard about this? It is a competitive type of training and involved running, weight lifting, and strength training exercises done in a circuit. Sounds pretty interesting.

Have a really busy day today so will be eating on the run. Dinner will have to be some sort of fast food which I usually try to avoid, but no helping it tonight. Will have to look at some sites this afternoon to see what I can get that will fit into my carb/calorie requirements.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Connie
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #115  

Ruthie - I loved the statement "Slapping myself upside the head this morning" and then you came along with "Too bad it's so tricky to kick your own butt!" You do have a "cute" way with words. I have felt like that many more times than I can remember.

Connie - My DH is a candy freak too. He has his favorite and although he is diabetic too, it doesn't seem to bother his BS. I haven't had any interest in any particular candy until today. I went to the store and walked through candy isle to get DH favorite because the kids are always grabbing a piece when they pass by it so I try to keep plenty of it for him. So far the Halloween candy craze hasn't called out to me until after I left the store and was sitting in line waiting to pick up youngest DGD from school. Then I thought "I should have gotten me a package of ______ (won't name my favorite) when I bought his candy. I could have one piece a day". I saw it in the regular isle and the special Halloween candy isle but it didn't jump out at me until later at the school. Thank goodness. Hopefully by the time I go to the store again in a few days, I'll have forgotten it or it might become a battle of resistance.

slmn11 - We have lived here for 5 years and never had any trick 'r treaters. Now that the grands live here, I will do something for them, but I think DD and DSIL are going to take them to the Halloween event at our local mall. Last year we went to the store and bought loads of candy just in case we had kids come by and we ended up being the ones who ate it. Don't want to do that one again.

Rie - Glad you are feeling better and hope you are back to yourself really soon.

Stephg138 - I went through that last year and doc sent me for a mammogram and an underarm ultrasound. I know it is scary. I'm usually am a positive/faith person, but I have to admit I was on edge until I got the report that everything was fine. It doesn't have to be anything bad and I hope all goes well for you.

Bonnie - I had 3 grands with my deceased hubby and thoroughly enjoyed them especially the oldest which was our 1st. Then when Tony and I married we took care of his/our youngest DGD that was born 1 month before we married and I thoroughly enjoyed her... we thought she would be the last grandchild between us. Then when his DD married again, we have this little Jaxxon which will be the last one and I have to say he is a real pleasure to have around. I used to have day care in my home and took care of many, many little ones and I think I am enjoying Jaxxon more than any of them. I think it is because my life had become kind of mundane until the kids moved in and he gives me a reason to get up each day... more like a purpose.

Fatmad - Hope you get answers soon and are feeling better.

Think I got everbody. If not, I hope all is going well with everyone else.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 218/205/165

Thx for everyone's positive words!

I ate like crap today...was feeling kind of down & a little stressed. Too much going on. We are moving in less than 2 weeks & so I am packing up the house. But tomorrow is a new day & I am really going to stay on top of logging it all in. That's the key-seeing it all in front of me.

I am still trying to decide if I have to do a certain "type" of diet or if I can just piece together the elements of a few that will work for me. For example, Weight Watchers is good because of the tracking & accountability but I can't eat that much fruit daily & lose weight. I am going to read up here on Atkins & South Beach to refresh myself & see what I think will work there too.

I hope ya all had a great day!!!
Stephg138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephg138 View Post
Thx for everyone's positive words!
I am still trying to decide if I have to do a certain "type" of diet or if I can just piece together the elements of a few that will work for me. For example, Weight Watchers is good because of the tracking & accountability but I can't eat that much fruit daily & lose weight. I am going to read up here on Atkins & South Beach to refresh myself & see what I think will work there too.

I hope ya all had a great day!!!
Steph - My doc told me that any diet will work. He said the key is finding out what works for you and what works for you is what you can live with. It is good to research and choose what is right for you. Good luck on your journey.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #118  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

4.3 this morning but weight is way up! Today I must focus on water. The last two days have been pretty salty and some H. candy jumped into my mouth. It's locked in the car trunk until mid-afternoon on Monday.

Feeling a bit down this morning because I am now nine pounds more than my low in the summer and it's my own darned fault. Salty food (stir fry last night) plus candy sneaking have done it. I need to get a grip or my size 14 pants will be snug - and I took all the bigger sizes to a rummage sale yesterday!

Hang in there, Chickies. I'll be back later to read posts I've missed.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #119  

Ruthie - I know how you feel as I've not been doing so well myself. Just have to do what I know I have to do, but seem to be rebelling and I have no idea why. I seem to be fighting myself. I've been eating a lot of salty foods as too and that doesn't help me either. Weight can jump as much as 5lb when I eat salty foods especially processed foods. Hope you have a good day today.

I've got a roast cooking for dinner today and I'm getting ready to feed the baby and then eat breakfast of blueberries, plain yogurt and almonds with my coffee. Fairly easy day today and have my Bible study group tonight. So I have no reason to be off plan today.

Y'all have a great Thursday.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #120  

Good Morning Friends!

I had a pretty good night’s sleep last night and fbs is 82. Still lingering cold symptoms but I feel better. I really hope that this next 24 hours really makes a difference because I want to work out but I just have so much fatigue.

I have a big insurance meeting today at work and I am really frustrated because it seems that they are changing our prescription plan all around. It appears that they may have determined that some medications (like my januvia) have a lower “effectiveness/cost” benefit and will now cost a lot more. I am trying not to stress out about it. GRRR

Trish, hang in there! You will find your way…. Yay for you on your victory over the candy!

Ruthie, good plan on the darned Halloween candy. I would say that most of that weight is water weight because I have a hard time imagining that you have eaten enough to gain that much weight.

Steph, Trish is right – any diet that you can use will work. When I started I was just really overwhelmed so here was my plan: Every lunch and dinner plate was>>> ½ plate non-starchy veggies, ¼ plate lean protein, ¼ plate carb serving. I also had to eat a large green leafy salad at lunch and dinner. Breakfast was 1 protein plus 1 carb serving. At first, it was easier than counting everything. Don’t worry. You will find your way.

Connie, it is a great idea to try out some machines before you buy them. Both Bonnie and I also are devotees of videos and wii games. Any kind of movement works. Good luck!

Carol Sue, we don’t get trick or treaters, either. I like to go out with little gs when he goes. We live in the country so we have to DRIVE to the houses. LOL

Bonnie, hows it going? I am looking forward to talking with you about the walkitout game and zumba. I am going to order zumba because I want to do more work on my waistline and I hear that it good for core work. Besides, I would just like to feel a little less clumsy when I want to move to some music, you know what I mean? Someday I would like to not feel like the big lumbering mama bear….. LOL

Fatmad, I hope that things are better for you and you are getting some answers.

BBL

Rie