Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Yay Bonnie!
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

CONGRATULATION!!! BONNIE... GREAT NEWS!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 288/188/130

Height: 5" 5'

Hi everyone, Just a flying visit!

Sorry I haven't been in touch but I left my computer at work and I haven't been in much this week. My son hasn't been well, nothing serious, just a touch of the flu. But everything is good again now. Still not smoking. Gary and I have been to open a saving account for our Florida holiday. we have saved £440 ($700) since we stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. I still haven't lost anymore weight but I am going for another big push and am going to go for 20lbs before Christmas.

Bonnie You go girl. You must feel fantastic

I will catch up with everyone when I have a bit more time tomorrow!
JingerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #94  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Yes I am soo Happy Gives me a goal to work on for the next three months. feels pretty good never seen a dr so excited to see someone in their life. I can hear her reaction when they told her what my A1c was.

Rie I will be odrering Walk it out probley next week or so. Sounds like so much fun. Still need to try zumba.

I hope everyone is doing good.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #95  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Jinger, Don't sweat the weight loss for a bit, I think you should go for it in the long run, but quitting smoking may stall you for a while. The health benefits of quitting are so good though that the stall is well worth it. If you aren't gaining, you are doing well. I am so impressed with both of you doing it, and doing well! Its great you are rewarding yourselves with a trip.

Bonnie, we are all thrilled for you to be doing so well. Getting under 200 into onederland will be a great difference to your health and well being.

I for one am not dieting in any sense of the word. I am getting more and more miserable with these hives. Nothing seems to really help. the reactine and benedryl barely allow me to function and nothing makes the hives go down. I would stop eating altogether (for a while anyway) if it helped. But I am not any better in the morning than at bedtime, and fasting didnt help much.
So I am trying to figure it out. No new meds, new foods or new detergents. SO WTF is going on? Any ideas and suggestions will be considered friends.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy belated Thanksgiving Ruth. Friendship families are just as important as birth families, so you give thanks for yours.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #96  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good FBS of 4.6 this morning although I did have a carby dinner last night - turkey, mashed, stuffing and squash pie. The "girls" took all the leftovers home at my request, leaving me the turkey carcass (and legs) for stock which simmered away all night.

Wow, Bonnie. That is most impressive and you earned it with all your hard work.

Jinger, Fatmad is right - you may stall a bit but quitting smoking is sooo major in improving your health! I bet you are pleased and amazed to see that bank account grow!

Fatmad, I've never had hives but I feel for you. Does the doc have any idea what is causing this?

Rie, I hope you shake off that cold this week. Dumb thing!

Patty, pop in when you can. Your life must be very hectic.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #97  

Good Morning All!

Wow, it is uplifting to read the news from our little group this morning. I am still sick but I think I am on the mend…. Staying home from work this morning to rest. I hope that by tomorrow, I am well enough to get back to my routine.

Fatmad, I am so sorry that the hives are not getting better. Is it possible for you to get a complete blood screening done? Just to rule out other problems like liver, and other health problems? I hope you find some answers soon. I am not seeing the problem as an allergy, at this point.

Ruth, Turkey soup is my favorite part of the holiday. When I was poor and raising two sons, turkey in the off season was a life saver. Of course, I no longer have the fat-laden and carb loaded leftover dishes I used to make. I agree with fatmad, the friends family are just as precious as the blood families.

Bonnie, I am so happy for you! What a change from the confused and scared lady that we met just a short time ago. I love hearing about your dr being happy to see you! I get the same reaction from mine and it makes going to the dr so much better. I really feel like he is my partner and cheerleader. I am so glad that your dr is treating you well.

Jinger. Yay! You are doing so well. What a great plan – put the money away for a holiday. Just holding on your weight is good for now but I know that you will be able to lose more. When I quit smoking, I actually dropped about 15 pounds in a few months. I thought it was because I wasn’t sitting around smoking and got more active. Who knows?

Trish, Carol and everyone else – Hello and happy Monday!

Rie
Old 10-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 288/188/130

Height: 5" 5'

Fatmad I was just reading your post with interest. I might have talked about my sister before but she has MS. I remember a few years ago before she was diagnosed, she was picking up allergies to everything. She found out later that her system was over loaded. She started cutting out everything from her diet including diary and basically lives off white meat and veggies (raw where possible). Her MS is pretty much in remission and her allergies have all gone. She is my inspiration and my aim is to copy her habits. She's just found out she's pregnant we're all really happy. Don't think I want to copy that bit! Lol!
Not sure if hives is the same thing but it make be worth a go. She fasts sometimes for 3 - 5 days at a time.
JingerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #99  

Quick note before going to bed. Had a really nice day with DH thanks to our DSIL who decided he would get up and get all the kids and his wife off to school and then take the baby and spend the day with him because he said that he doesn't get to spend much time with him. Really enjoyed sleeping in this morning too. We went out to eat and then shopping... felt like a date. lol Got to get to bed because we go back to regular routine in the morning.

Till tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #100  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slapping myself upside the head this morning as the scale is up again and BGL is too high for me. Methinks discovering a bowl of leftover turkey stuffing was the culprit. Sometimes I wonder when I'll grow up. I have the tools and the knowledge but ...

Right now, after a proper breakfast of a fruit, Fibre1 and milk smoothie, I am going to sit down and plan today's food on paper - paper makes it real, the PC plan can be ignored.

First though, I am going to pitch that leftover stuffing!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #101  

Good Morning Chickies,

Ruthie - That turkey stuffing would do me in too especially if it is southern cornbread stuffing. My family I live with now eats bread stuffing which I can live without so I don't plan to make mine this year. Hopefully that will keep me from being tempted to eat any stuffing at all. Sorry about the weight gain. We ate out yesterday which would have been fine except I came home and over did junk food. So my weight is up probably due to salty foods. Seems like I just look at salty foods and gain. Temporarily is no consolation. Hope things will be better for you today.

Fatmad - I am so sorry you are not getting relief from the hives. Sure hope you find the answer soon. I learned that it could be one food but that was when I was first diagnosed with T2 diabetes. I later learned that it would flare up on me when I would eat too much starchy carbed foods.

Rie So sorry you are still sick. I sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

Today will be a low carb day to get rid of the water gain from the salt and drink loads of water too. Will be a Jaxxon day as well as I'll be spending most of the day with DGS. That keeps me moving. How can one 18 month old make such a mess. I think exercise, exercise... I keep telling him that when he gets bigger that he will learn to clean up himself. Taught his sister to do that around the age of 2 and she still likes to clean up. At 8 she loves helping. Thought about paying her an allowance to keep babies stuff picked up, but I think Nannie needs the exercise.

Little eyes watching me so guess that means he is ready for breakfast.

Bonnie, CC, Slmn and others reading.

Have a great Tuesday!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #102  

Hello all.

I have come to the conclusion that I have the flu – not a cold. I don’t mean to be a whiner, it just feels really crappy after 5 days. Grrr. Fbs is at 82 this morning. Food is ok but I am struggling late in the day and throughout the night when I can’t sleep. Don’t normal people lose their appetite when sick?

Ruth, what rotten luck to find the stuffing! You will get back on track and get that darned ticker out of time out. Planning out the food is a good idea. I am desperately clinging to my plan…..

Trish, I remember reading about a study where they took a famous athlete and had him imitate the movements of a two year old. After a couple hours, the man collapsed, and the baby went merrily on…. Tee Hee. They say that kids keep you young, at least that is what I tell myself.

Jinger, your sister sounds inspiring. Congrats on your impending “Auntidom”. It will be so nice that the baby will not smell ciggy smoke when you hold them! LOL

Fatmad, I hope you are feeling better.

Carol, Hello Darlin!

Bonnie, hanging in there as our resident Rock Star? I am waiting to hear how you like Zumba. I want to order it.

BBL

Rie
Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 218/205/165

Height: 5'2

Default Coming aboard...

Hi there,
Newbie here...thx for having me

Am trying to get into the swing of a serious lifestyle change. I did it 7 years ago or so & was super successful but then had 2 girls (4 & 20 mos) & am now sitting here 55 lbs more than where I should be.

My challenges...DD2 doesn't sleep. I am still nursing her & she is up every 2 hours at night. From early on, she wouldn't take a pacifier or a bottle. I am her only comfort source. It's a good thing she is so super cute & has such a interesting personality. That being said-I am exhausted. I suspect my metabolism has completely crapped out. I WANT to go outside everyday & take a long walk...but it just never happens. I am contemplating starting my day with a small cup of coffee. I have never been a coffee drinker but I don't hate it or anything. I am a skim milk & splenda person so calorie wise, it doesn't have to be an issue. I just wonder if it could give me that extra umph to get a nice walk in instead of feeling like a zombie for hours after the kids wake up. I do the Republic of Tea Green Matcha tea over ice with just fresh lemon squeezed in everyday but it doesn't seem to be giving me much of a boost.

Food wise-trying to get into a good low carb routine again. What is everyone's take on the Arnold Low Carb Multi Grain bread? 2 slices are 80 calories & 18 g carbs & I have been eating it for years. Just wanted to make sure I am on the right track with that. Been starting my day with 2 slices but then sometimes end up having a turkey sandwich with 2 slices for lunch. Trying to figure out what my right # of carbs per day for weight loss is now at 38 years old.

AM fasting #s are too high. I have not been diagnosed with diabetes yet but was diagnosed years ago with IR & PCOS & now my weight being up & my AM fastings being high-I am pretty much expecting the A1C I do this week to result in a diagnosis. I am sad-I was a 5.4 during my last pregnancy. I feel like I gained weight & gave myself a disease.

I tend to eat more organic & had been trying to cut back on artificial sweeteners but I think it's way more impt to my health to lose weight right now so I am going to pick up some sugar free snacks this week. I need something for when DH is snacking at night...and I do crave chocolate often at night.

What do we think about sugar free/fat free jello pudding cups or skinny cow mini fudge pops?

Well...thx for reading. Am trying to catch up on all these threads to get more low carb, healthy meal & snack ideas too.

Offhand-anyone have a yummy mashed cauliflower recipe? Need it for me & to trick my 4 year old into eating some veggies.
Stephg138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #104  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all, got an Rx for a different antihistamine yesterday, has sedating effects too, so slept better than I have for a while. The hives were a bit better when I woke up, but got going again when I was up and around. I really don't think it is an allergy, as it doesn't get much better with antihistamines etc. So will wait for the results of my urine test. Might get a cbc done too. In the mean time, DH and I went to check out a rolltop desk. He is getting it for me for my birthday. It was meant to be a surprise, but given the cost, he wanted to make sure I was happy with it. Was made by a company I know and trust, (a client furniture maker, has made my dresser very high quality woodworking) so I got to approve it. It is quite large, so we are making room for it now.

Steph, welcome here always. Have you decided on a diet plan? WW or south beach? I think as long as you limit carbs to some degree you are fine. You said you eat organic, but are you a vegetarian? That makes low carbing a bit harder, but atkins has a soy based vegetarian plan that you might like. Any weight loss is good for anyone at risk for diabetes, but given your history of pcos, a lower carb plan like atkins or south beach may help more than just weight loss.

Overall, a good day, looking forward to my 50th birthday party this weekend!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All. I'm new to this site. Looking for support and info. I am 5'1", 55 yrs old and diabetic. I started out at 209, am down to 160. Still have 25 lbs to go. My A1C in May of this year was 12.6, am now down to 6.0. Am struggling to keep going, but am determined. I walk for exercise, but that is getting harder now that the winter months are upon us. Thinking about joining a gym for a while to test out some exercise machines that I might want to get for home.

Looking forward to visiting with all of you.
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote