Old 10-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Fatmad - So glad to hear from you. I've been wondering how you are. So sorry you are having problems with hives, etc. I remember the first time I was diagnosed with diabetes years ago. I had a rash that would not go away and I lived on benadryl seems like forever. Hope you get over this situation soon. What got me was that the doc told me that what I could see on the outside of my body was worse on the inside. So I've kind of learned the seriousness of rashes. So I really feel for you and hope you are feeling better soon.

Bonnie How did you like the weather this morning? It was 37 degrees when the kids left to catch the bus at 7:40. This is a real change for the FL kids.

Ruthie We usually keep our house at 68 during the winder too. Good luck with the food at your Book Club today.

Everybody else

Have a great Friday!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Wow, I was in a conference this week in Butte, Mt. NO INTERNET! I sure missed you guys and I missed the support of checking in here every day. I did pretty well with food, only going over by 163 calories on one day and maintaining bs control the whole time. Unfortunately, I have been sick with a cold the last couple of days It was a long drive home but I traveled through 2 mountain passes and the colors of the turning poplars and aspens against the pine trees of the Rockies was so beautiful. Our weather is beautiful fall weather. Crisp, cool (35 degrees) in the morning with high 60's all day and bright blue skies.

Lots of people at this conference haven't seen me for a couple of years. I was wondering why people weren't talking to me and I was feeling a little lonesome. At lunch, a lady that has known me for 15 years turned and introduced herself to me! When I told her who I was, she was amazed and kept saying that she didn't recognize me. Then, others kept saying the same thing. It made me a little uncomfortable because everyone was making a big deal, but wow.

Bonnie, I am so proud of your excercise and the way that you handled the scary situation at the bank. I am glad that you like the mochas. I am sipping one right now and it feels blessedly cool on my sore throat. My step game is called "WalkItOut" for the wii. It is a game where you step in time to music and for each step you get points. Then you use the points to build a sim world that you walk in. It is pretty fun. I can get going for a long time. It is about $20 at game stop or amazon. There is a whole discussion community on amazon and facebook about the game.

Ruth, I keep my house at 68 pretty much year round. I have noticed that lately I have been feeling the cold more. Those darn dogs! I can't have grapes or fresh cherries in my house because I can't leave them alone The whole "just one" thing gets me every time. Good luck tonight.

Trish, good readings! I think the water retention will continue to improve with lifestyle. It is nice to have you able to stop in here.

Fatmad, so sorry about the itching! I hope you find the answer soon. That must be really uncomfortable. Take care.

Well, sorry for anyone that I missed, I want to go start a pot of chicken soup.

Take care!

Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Fatmad - You gave me a scare. I was wondering how I missed Thanksgiving....then I realized you are in Canada. LOL

I used to get hives really bad. The first time was when I had a test done and they had injected me with IVP dye. That's when I realized I was allergic to it. But afterwards, I would get them off and on for over a year. Other than the reaction to the dye, they never found out why I was getting them. Now I get them occasionally, but not bad enough to take anything for them. My daughter-in-law had them near the end of her pregnancy and for several months after delivery. They gave her something to take but it still took a long time for them to taper offl. I know they are really miserable. You just want to scratch your skin off. I sure hope you get relief soon!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #79  

Rie - Glad to have you back. missed you too. I bet that was fun to have people not recognize you because of you weight loss. Made you feel pretty darn good too. Chicken soup sounds good to. We are having weather for soups and stews now. May think about doing some next week.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #80  

If I live to be 100 I will not understand this blood sugar thing. On Wednesday night at bedtime I tested and was 115. The next morning I was 130. Last night I had a very late dinner and at bedtime it was 170. I thought it was going to be really high this morning and it was 131. I have stopped eating an evening snack but it hasn't changed my AM bs reading. I have lost 3 lbs this week though, so it's not a total failure! LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #81  

slmn - I've had that happen to me with the FBS myself. I really don't understand all this blood sugar stuff and how our bodies work either. Like my visit to the doctor when I thought everything was going to be bad because of the readings I had been having only to find that my A1c was 6.0 just get it all. CONGRATULATIONS on the 3 lb loss. Really happy for you.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #82  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi Everyone! Doing good here I got up this am and did a 4 fast miles then my daughter wanted to do it with me she lasted 6 minutes. Went tonight and picked me up a new 5 mile walk video.

Rie I love the Walk it out I told the hubby I want it. I think It will be a good thing the kids like the wii. Can I use the wii plus remote it is the motion one. I looked over it and it didnt say.

Cooked some home made Chicken and noodles tonight for dinner Made it with wheat noodles everyone loved it. I must run I have things to do before bed. I will get to personals tomorrow..
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #83  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Baked all day yesterday and did do a bit of nibbling so BGL is 5 this morning and weight is up a tad. Sometimes I feel like slapping myself! I felt a bit cruddy last night so opted out of Book Club - probably was having a reaction to Wednesday's flu shot.

Today? I am going to do eggs and veggies for breakfast and plan a mid-morning snack. There is a "lunch" with the quilting group before we set up for this afternoon's sale but I may manage to opt out of that. Sandwiches and squares are not my lunch of choice! I'll have some soup and a ww roll at home. Dinner will be a pork and veggie stir-fry - maybe with rice.

I hope we are all doing well this chilly October weekend. (I'm trying to figure out what I can give out to the kids on Halloween that will not tempt ME! Any suggestions?)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #84  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I didn't wind up fasting for the whole day, had some supper, but weight was higher this morning despite so few calories yesterday! Hives were a bit better overnight though, so maybe it is going to get a bit better.
It is possible I am just super sensitive for a while. A few people with serious allergies have said that they were super sensitive and got hives even from mosquito bites for a while after major reactions, like I had.
Am going to book in for some allergy testing, both with western medicine and a crunchy-granola naturopath who used muscle testing, which the scientist in me doesn't believe in but has correctly diagnosed some of my real allergies in the past.
In the mean time, will stick to homemade foods and back to properly low carb today and we see where we go with that.
I am loving Rie's story about no one recognizing her, yes Rie, thats what happens, your face has also lost weight and you look different! Good for you.

Hello to all!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #85  

Trish - at bedtime my bs was 88, way lower than usual for me, and this morning fbs was 137. I'm wondering if this is because I don't sleep good. I have heard that during sleep your body is burning off excess glucose to keep your cells working. My doctor doesn't worry about this. I have had a few A1cs at 7.4 but usually it's in the 5s or 6s. I guess if he's not going to worry about it then I won't either, but I will keep trying different ways to get it down.

Ruth - I love eggs and veggies. Broccoli, peppers, mushrooms. Yum! A local restaurant has a really good veggie omlet. I order it a lot, but skip the onions!

Rie - Congratulations on not being recognized. I look forward to the day when people don't recognize me. LOL
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #86  

Hello all,

Fbs at 87 this morning which I am happy about because I am fighting a cold. Doing ok food wise but missing exercise this weekend.

Bonnie, the game works on either: balance board, dance controller, or wii remote with the nunchuck attached. I use the nunchuck – just put it in my pocket and go. It will also do multiplayer but I have never tried that.

Carol, well, hopefully, that morning bs will come down. Just keep experimenting and testing.

Fatmad, I hope the hives get better. I think the mix of western and holistic medicine is a good strategy.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a plan for eating today.

Trish, I am going to allow myself the soup today as much as I want. It has only very low carb veggies and a little chicken. Just mostly rich chicken broth. I would think that soups and stews would be an economical way to feed your large household.

I am off to huddle under my blanket and rest. Take care.

Rie
Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #87  
Bonnie

Spent the day with the family. Went to Hubby doc they said he has calcium dep on his lungs they referred him to a lung doc. For me I got to the Doc in the am to get my 3 month sugar check. Until then I have so much to do. Will let you all know how it goes.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #88  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Still chugging along. Weight is definitely stuck and BGL was sort of high at 6 this morning. Then I realized I had not taken my meds last night.

Today I am cooking a turkey dinner for four adults and six kids - a late thanksgiving dinner for those of us without birth families. It should be fun although noisy. I won't have a problem with the food although turkey dressing is hard to resist. Laughter offsets calories, right?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #89  

Good Morning.

fbs at 100 this morning - really high for me. I am battling this really bad cold/flu thing and I have a fever. Going to rest today.

Rie
Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #90  
Bonnie

Went to the doctor this morning and when I found out I was diabetic my A1c was 7.3 now my A1c is 5.7 I go back in three months and she said that She would bet If I can loose another 30 pounds I can get off at least 2 of my meds. So that made my day. She was so happy to see the diffence in me. So I will be kicking butt to full fill my goal of getting under 200 pounds. Oh and I would have to say Loved the DR scale it says I lost 37 pounds. Yay