3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   *** October *** Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/244269-%2A%2A%2A-october-%2A%2A%2A-chat.html)

TamTam 10-08-2011 08:16 AM

Morning all. I need to try and post on a more regular basis!

Had a 1.9 pound loss this week AND my FBS has been under 120 all week, so it's getting better.

Have a blessed day.

Butterfly50 10-08-2011 09:09 AM

Good morning Everyone Well I got on the scale and I am only up now 1 1/2 pounds But that is gonna change I am going to go and do my workout first thing this morning having to go to a family thing this afternoon then date night. Going to take me a snack to this family thing. My Hubby Aunt and Uncle is doing well so their daughter is comming down from colorado and moving them with her until the end. So they have invited everyone in the family to come vist. I will be taking me a snack .

Last night I was starving and I didn't want to cheat so I made me a fiber muffin in the microwave . Cured that craving from going anywhere. I have to go to the doctor here in a two weeks so I going to do my best and see what happens. Well I better be going I have lots to do before I have to head out the door till later..

Wannabehealthy 10-08-2011 11:52 AM

I tend to forget about cauliflower soup. One time I used a packet I found in the produce aisle and you added your own cauliflower. I really liked it, but DH isn't much of a soup lover so I don't make it very often.

pattygirl63 10-08-2011 12:15 PM

Bonnie - Good for you for the way you handled your craving. I'm sorry to say I wasn't so good myself. I really blew it yesterday with the salty foods and weight was way up and so was the FBS. Only good thing is I am back OP this morning very strictly.

Not sure what is planned for today. I haven't heard if the kids are having company today or tonight. Started out cold this morning when I left to go to beauty shop, but really nice by the time I got back home. I went to 2 stores just to get some walking done.

CC - Congrats on the weight loss and for keeping the FBS down.

Slmn, Fatmad, Ruthie, Rie and everyone else:wave:

Y'all have a blessed weekend.

Lindyloo 10-08-2011 02:22 PM

Quick check in.

FBS was 6.5 this morning. I had my metformin with yogurt last night instead of crackers and maybe that made the difference. I'll try that again tonight.

I'm going to read the 17 day diet and maybe try that out. It was on Dr. Oz a fw weeks ago and it sounded interesting. So will see.

Have a great day all.

Riemontana 10-08-2011 05:20 PM

Hello All!

Well I woke this morning very early with swollen glands and feeling yucky. fbs was 81. I was happy with this because I splurged on popcorn at the movie last night. I watched the sun come up. I had my usual breakfast and actually did an hour of walkitout.

I had salad and some veggie soup that I made yesterday for lunch and now I am enjoying my mocha freeze drink. In case anyone is interested, here is the recipe:

3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1/4 c carb control vanilla yogurt
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
1 tbs + instant coffee
Splenda to taste
Optional: 1 tbs choc flavor PB2

Add ice cubes and blend. Not a lot of calories and very few carbs. I have also used the sf syrup instead of the PB2. Hazelnut and almond are good.

Lindy, I have yogurt as my evening snack. I like the dannon light and fit. What kind do you like?

Trish, good job with getting back on plan today. Lots of water, darlin...

Carol, I have been getting a little weary about salads lately and I know that I am going to miss my cucumbers. Yesterday I made some lovely veggie soup with all low carb veggies. I plan to have a cup of soup with every meal instead of salad this week. DS and DGS don't like it either but I thought it would be a good change. I used some lean meat scraps and fresh tomatoes for the broth. I just took the meat out before storing. Very cheap and it is really tasty. I used celery, onions, zucchini, eggplant and some leftover swiss chard for the veggies.

Bonnie, go girl! So proud of you. This is about the long haul....

Ruth, I am happy that your bs is stable these days. Hang in there with your busy schedule!

I will check back later. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Rie

Butterfly50 10-08-2011 09:07 PM

Hey I took me a apple with me to the going away party My Hubby aunt kidnapped the two girls from me for the night to help her baby sit her 7 month old Grand daughter. Good news for me.

Date night went well I had a Grilled Chicken Breast with the ( Musrooms and Parmesan cheese on the side) then Grilled Zuchnni and Steamed Broccoli. I ate all my Broccoli and Zuchnni and maybe 3/4 of the chicken it was a small piece So I think I did well. Going to Hubby Uncle in the afternoon tomorrow and I told them we could not leave until I worked out. They said no problem.

Rie I love the reciepe But what is PB2

Riemontana 10-08-2011 09:34 PM

good job Bonnie!

PB2 is a kind of powdered peanut butter that I use sometimes in drinks and recipes. Here is a link:

bellplantation.com

There is a regular and chocolate variety. 45 cals and 6 carbs for lots of peanut butter taste

Riemontana 10-09-2011 10:54 AM

Good Morning!

fbs at 80 this morning.

Today is watch football day and I am going to give myself a mani and pedi..... I hope everyone has a good day.

Rie

Butterfly50 10-09-2011 07:52 PM

Today went well I took me food to his uncles house and then we came home and I cooked dinner. All is well I worked out right after breakfast this morning so got that in. All is good for me.

Butterfly50 10-10-2011 10:49 AM

What a beautiful morning here. It is Raining this morning and it is pretty cool here. Got plenty to do to get ready for this Birthday party for my daughter . She will be 17 . Looking for some ideas for some simple foods for the Holidays . Any one got any suggestions? I think I am gonna start a thread for it. The holidays are right around the corner and I want to be prepared for it.

Things are good here, My Fbs was only 91 this morning . I have been trying to limit what I have in the evening time. I will check back back later.

fatmad 10-10-2011 11:51 AM

Canadian Thanksgiving

Hi everyone: yes indeed, the Fall colours are stunning, and today is our Thanksgiving. No matter what faith (if any) you follow, we can all pause and think about what we are thankful for.
For me, I have been reflecting about last year. DD and I were not talking, just fighting, and I was really in a funk. This year, I am not depressed, DD and I get along quite well, and as a result, my marriage is also happier. DH put up with a lot last year. I guess one bad year out of many good ones isn't the end of the world.
We had a family dinner with my other DD and her partner at his Dad's place, my Dad was with us, as well as younger DD and her boyfriend. It was lovely, and we did that Saturday, so the rest of the weekend has been quite restful. When I take the younger one back to her college residence tonight, I will stop in town to see baby Lilia and her parents. (that girl's mother won't come to have Thanksgiving dinner with her daughter and granddaughter because she "hates" the people they are housesitting for. The people she "hates" aren't even there! terrible way to show how little you care about your family)
I baked up a storm for our family dinner, apple pies, apple crisps, pumpkin pie and pudding, and a pumpkin cheesecake. The apple crisps was sugar free and low carb, using nuts more than grains, and the pumpkin stuff was all sugar free and low carb, except for the pie crust. So I was able to enjoy desserts fairly responsibly, but must admit that I overate in general and had too many desserts over the last couple of days. I did enjoy the baking, and also made some homemade soups, so that I have generally eaten well, just too much. That is showing on the scale, I have crept up a bit.
Blood sugars are good though, so just need to be on plan a few days and will get back to normal.
I am 'batching it this week with DH away to close up the cottage and have a few days of Indian summer in northern paradise.
Will stay in touch this week. ttfn

Riemontana 10-10-2011 01:25 PM

Good Morning!

I waited till everyone left the house this morning and I did walkitout for more than 90 minutes without interruptions. It was fun. My fbs is staying in the 80's all the time, with only a small rise after eating. So Far, so good. I am enjoying some "hash" for breakfast. A chopped small onion, a little zucchini, a chopped leftover potato, and two eggs scrambled over everything. Yum

Bonnie, so proud of you for your bs control and for getting things back on track. Those kids grow so fast! I will think about it and post some ideas on the holiday thread.

Fatmad, it sounds like a lovely holiday.

Well, I am off to put in some practice time on the pool table... BBL

Rie

fatmad 10-11-2011 05:10 PM

Hi all: I stayed for supper with baby Lilia and family. The visit was great, but Thanksgiving supper was a disaster, chicken burnt on outside and raw on inside. Fortunately the soup and salad were wonderful and we filled up on that. The grandma decided to come in the end. But so evident she was odd woman out, the baby went to her other grandparents and uncle, and Auntie Madeleine, but just thought Nana was a stranger and wouldn't be held by her or anything. Also Nana didn't feed her or change diaper or anything. Even her very conservative east Indian grandpa does those things, he loves the little one so. I hope maybe Nana will get a bit more involved. It would drive me crazy not to be around a grandbaby.
I got to yoga today, and did gain a pound over the holiday weekend, but will shed that.
Also had some sad news today. A little boy I helped into the world was killed in a car accident last night, and a dear friend of my husbands died today. So there will be funerals and visitations to do. DH is away right now, so grieving without the comfort of each other is a bit hard.
Eating LOTS of soup right now, great way to get the veggies into me. Yum
hello to everyone, and enjoy this wonderful weather.

Riemontana 10-11-2011 06:40 PM

Hello all,

My, I have been having a busy day. This morning I presented the local Sheriff with 40 blankets that were made by the kids in my facility. The blankets are sealed in bags and will be carried in the deputies cars. They will be given to domestic violence victims. It was nice. I also had my big Board of Directors meeting today at noon. Lucky me, the menu was chef salad.

Fatmad, I am so sorry to hear about the losses and sorry that you and DH are not together to grieve. Take good care of yourself. As for the Grandma, some folks just have a hard time reaching out of themselves to be truly present for others. I feel sorry for them, they miss so much.

BBL

Rie