3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   Does anyone else have this sort of problem? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/241077-does-anyone-else-have-sort-problem.html)

Elishiva 08-17-2011 03:32 PM

Does anyone else have this sort of problem?

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to find a place like this. I have a question. I hope someone can relate. I will be adding my information in the introduction thread right after this question.

These are the "diet guidelines" that I have to adhere to: I have to stick with foods that are: gluten free, dairy free, egg free, wheat free, low alkaline, low glycemic, and low oxalate, all for different reasons.

Does anyone else suffer from anything like this?

I can't manage them all because the list of safe foods for oxalate for example, clash with the list of low glycemic foods, etc. I'm forced to decide between one or two of these lists, or eat just about five different foods that happen to be on all of the safe lists, and be happy with that. :dizzy:

I admit, I have abused my body with food all my life. I'm 47 now and since I was about 5, when the abuse first started in my life, I eat to ease hurt, pain, sadness, disappointment, etc. all the way up to now, actually. If I don't do something to change my diet, I will literally die from all of the things gone wrong in my body because of the wrong eating habits through the years.

Can anyone relate at all?

Sparkly Blonde 08-17-2011 04:00 PM

I can relate to eating and gaining due to abuse. In my case it was verbal abuse from my mother. I have been lucky so far and only have a non alcoholic fatty liver. I'm sorry your having a tough time with food and hopefully another member will have more words of advice than myself.

fatmad 08-17-2011 06:09 PM

I think you should check atkins to get started. You get meat, veggies and fats. the veggies are to be low glycemic, and most are low oxalates, so you should be fine. You don't add grains back until you move up the carb ladder. You would need to take calcium supplements since you will not be eating dairy.
GO to the library or used book store and get one of Dr atkins books from before 2002. these are best, as the new ones out do not quite follow the plan.
This is a a safe way to manage blood sugars and yet follow your other limitations. I do atkins, have been following this eating way of life for most of the last 18 months.

Elishiva 08-17-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmad (Post 3994515)
I think you should check atkins to get started. You get meat, veggies and fats. the veggies are to be low glycemic, and most are low oxalates, so you should be fine. You don't add grains back until you move up the carb ladder. You would need to take calcium supplements since you will not be eating dairy.
GO to the library or used book store and get one of Dr atkins books from before 2002. these are best, as the new ones out do not quite follow the plan.
This is a a safe way to manage blood sugars and yet follow your other limitations. I do atkins, have been following this eating way of life for most of the last 18 months.

Thank you so much for this info. I will look into it. :thanks:

Elishiva 08-17-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkly Blonde (Post 3994313)
I can relate to eating and gaining due to abuse. In my case it was verbal abuse from my mother. I have been lucky so far and only have a non alcoholic fatty liver. I'm sorry your having a tough time with food and hopefully another member will have more words of advice than myself.

I was verbally and physically abused by my mom and stepdad both, but fortunately those years are over. Thanks for your post. :flow1: