Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #121  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mad, that mini-vacation sounds wonderful and will certainly help bring down those numbers.

Exciting day ahead with tons of last minute things to do this morning before the Fair Gates open at 9 this morning. It's already over 80F around here and will be a record-breaking day weatherwise. I have to attend the official opening ceremony late this afternoon but am wearing the coolest outfit I own. There is a reception after the opening but it's in an AC venue so I'll be fine.

It must have been a cookie night because I had milk and a (large) cookie at bedtime last night and my reading was 7.2 this morning.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #122  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! FBS this morning 117! Glad for that. Going to my second Diabetes class this morning the dietician will be giving me my diet plan should be interesting. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Good Morning All!

fbs at 84 today. It's gonna be another scortcher here. I have eaten my apple, cheese and a little touch of peanut butter breakfast for the 3rd day without a rise in blood sugar. I am pleased.

Fatmad. Say hello to the lake for me! Your minivacation sounds wonderful.

Ruth, enjoy the fair. I spent many years as a 4H kid and later as a 4H leader/mom. I have a sweet nostalgia for fairs!

Tammy, enjoy your class. I hope the diet looks enticing/doable for you.

Rosebud, I am glad that your numbers are solid. Remarkable progress.

Kari, wow, countdown to the wedding! Enjoy.

Today is my last day of work before my vacation. I am going with my sons/dil and gsons to the Black Hills in South Dakota. With a 2yr old and 4yr old gs's, it is a very kid friendly place to be. We have a hotel with an indoor pool. I am looking forward to this. Unfortunately, my oldest son found out yesterday that his new job will not allow him to go. So, I will try out my abilities at traveling with a 4 year old. The most important thing is that the little guys spend time together. Lots to do today.

Rie

Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #124  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good morning, all!

Last night, the "guy friend" and I had dinner at Famous Dave's. I have never eaten there before and between the corn on the cob, different bbq sauces, potato wedges and corn bread i was sure I'd be kicking myself... but it was all very very good and a nice treat. (I controlled my portions) My sugars after 2 .5 hrs were only 112. I'll take it! Definitely not something I can do all the time but I don't believe in cutting out things permanently... but portion size and now and then as a nice treat, I'm all for.

Final wedding preps for the bestie start tonight. The humidity has finally dropped and Saturday is looking to be a great day.

I may not have time to stop back in til after the wedding so have a great weekend if I don't talk to you all before.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #125  
I am more than weight.

Default Back from class

Rie the class was very informative and fun. Of course I knew the dietician, the nurse and my class mates so that helps. Now I need to study the information and put the information into practice. But it is doable, just need to make healthier choices and watch the carbs.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #126  
Come on Spring!

Back to my "normal" this morning with a 3.8 reading and no scale change. Whew! After the awards ceremony, I discovered the "dinner" was Fair Food - pulled pork and fried onions in a bun! I managed by just eating the pork and refusing the lemonade. I don't know why folks don't have SF drinks. It seems that about 1/3 of the people I know over 60 have sugar issues.

The motto for today is: Hydration and Motivation
Old 07-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #127  

Good morning

fbs at 96 this morning. Maybe because I ate greet yogurt last night. I was out of my 80 calorie stuff. Oh well, still ok. I am enjoying "an apple a day" for breakfast and it hasn't seemed to change my sugars.

Today is a day of heavy tasks to get ready for my trip. Errands to run, car to clean, and a couple of household chores. Tomorrow I want to be able to just do laundry, pack and relax.

Ruth, it sounds like you did well at the dinner. I don't understand why they don't offer non-sugar drinks. In my opinion, water should always be an option, at the least. I'm going to join you in the hydration quest. I have become aware that I seriously don't drink enough water.

Have a good day.

Rie
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #128  

Hi all,

Thought I would share this lunch today. (I know when I started I couldn't figure out what to eat) Made 2 turkey rolls with:2 shaved slices smoked turkey, 2 slices vlassic kosher stacker dills, 1/2oz cream cheese. I had them with some romaine lettuce salad and a small greek yogurt. I am stuffed for less than 20 carbs and not too many calories. Just thought I would share.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #129  
I am more than weight.

Default Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Hi all,

Thought I would share this lunch today. (I know when I started I couldn't figure out what to eat) Made 2 turkey rolls with:2 shaved slices smoked turkey, 2 slices vlassic kosher stacker dills, 1/2oz cream cheese. I had them with some romaine lettuce salad and a small greek yogurt. I am stuffed for less than 20 carbs and not too many calories. Just thought I would share.
Rie it sounds delicious.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #130  

Good Morning all!

fbs at 84 this morning. No workout because I don't feel too well and I have a very busy day ahead of me.

I am getting the last of my trip preparation done. I am leaving in the morning for the Black Hills of South Dakota. I will be vacationing for a week with my ds, dil, and gs from North Dakota. My ds from here was going to go but a last minute job change meant that he can't go. So, I am taking the 4yrold gs with me. My usual traveling style is to toss a bag in the car and go but I haven't traveled with a little kid in a while. It is important that the little boys have a trip together.

Rapid City is a great destination for traveling with little guys. There are so many kid friendly activities within a few miles. And, our hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub and kiddie pool. I am so looking forward to a week of family time.

Well, off to get the laundry and packing done! Later

Rie
Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #131  
I am more than weight.

Down 1.8 pounds this morning!!! FBS up to 133 I think I am having too many carbs with supper, will try cutting back and see how that goes.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #132  
Come on Spring!

Weight up a bit this morning but I am going to assume it's water weight from the heat. I have been trying to be careful about what I eat but have had to eat out a lot - no sugar though! FBGL is holding steady.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #133  
I am more than weight.

Default Morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Weight up a bit this morning but I am going to assume it's water weight from the heat. I have been trying to be careful about what I eat but have had to eat out a lot - no sugar though! FBGL is holding steady.
It's hot here too, we have not been able to go walking for 3 days because it has been raining when we get up to go. Awesome with the FBS!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #134  

What are you all doing for diet and diabetes? i have been doing low carb for 4 years since diagnosis. I sure would love to be able to add some things. Whine lol. Sorry just trying to get an idea.
karen
Old 07-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #135  

Hi everyone. I am in Rapid City South Dakots on the beginning of my trip. Enjoying things so far. I did pretty well traveling today except I succumbed to gs begging to eat mc donalds. I got my first fast food cheeseburger today in almost 10 months. It was ghastly! LOL joke on me! fbs was really good despite the fact that I ate most of the drive here. Jerky and peanuts! I had greek yogurt and cucumbers for supper as we stayed at the motel and had a swim this evening. Night all

Rie
Closed Thread