Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

UPSET! Oh, I can't believe it. I had a really good day today with my kids and grandsons - getting ready for the holiday.

I was home this evening making a choc mousse pie for the family dinner tomorrow. Without even realizing it, I tasted the mousse on the spatula and then ate like 3 giant spoonfulls. I feel stuffed and sick. I won't test for another hour or so but I am just upset with myself.

In 7 months, I have occasionally eaten a treat here and there but I have never done this without meaning too. I hope my bs tonight is ok.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Riemontana Don't beat yourself up. We all have those times when we slip up. Just be good to yourself by letting it go and getting right back OP @ your next meal or snack. You have a great day tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #78  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

oh Montana, those "tasting" calories are the bane of us all. So easy to over do it without realizing. I am sure it was delicious, and am glad you had a good day with the kids.
I was sleeping for about 12 hours, had only 4 hours the night before and was working like mad! But all the babies are healthy, and now that I have had sleep the world seems fine.
We had a lovely red fox with a Loooong tail in the yard in the morning, but it ate the Easter Bunny, just a bit of rabbit fur left behind!
NO candy in the house, except a couple of dark chocolate bunnies for a friends' boys I will see later today.
Even tho I had a higher carb supper before bed (the carbs really help me get to sleep) fbs was 5.1 this am, so was happy with that.
THe forecast on Thursday was for a dull cool rainy weekend, but we had a surprise warm and sunny day here yesterday, so that helped the mood a lot.
HOpe every one has a lovely day with Family and friends, and we can manage our sugars in spite of temptations.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #79  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! When I was out for dinner last night at my sister's place, some "friend" left a chocolate bunny on my kitchen table. (It may be time to call in my keys!) Yes, I succumbed to temptation and feel mad at myself this morning. There's not a darn thing to be done but carry on and get back on track today.

Today is another major foodie day, I'm afraid. There's an open house at a local farm that specializes in organic foods and good meats. I must go to represent the Mill as we may be selling our own flour through that coop this summer. I will NOT sample anything - even if it IS organic!

Another challenge tonight as I'm off to a neighbour's place for BBQ salmon. I am taking a pilaf of some sort - wild rice and quinoa with mushrooms, I think. Tomorrow I am doing prime rib for ten people - what a crazy weekend!

It;s Easter and a lovely day coming up. Enjoy!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #80  

Happy Easter All!

Thanks for your support with my slip. My bs was 91 last night and 87 this morning. So, I probably was a little high with calories yesterday but reasonable with carbs.

Today my plan is to stay in moderation. I did aerobics for 75 minutes and stretched for 15 minutes this morning. I ate a light breakfast of a plain oatmeal packet and 50 cals of low carb protein shake. I plan to eat a hard boiled egg and a large green salad for lunch. Then, I am going to enjoy my family's easter ham dinner with easy portions on the carb stuff.

I hope that everyone has a blessed day filled with family and friends. I so appreciate the support that I have found here on 3FC.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #81  
Madeleine

Prob had too much sugar free chocolate (russel stover french mints) today, but have stayed on plan otherwise, in spite of temptations and being tired. Since I am on call we did not plan a family supper, so older DD didnt come for a visit, (just saw her last weekend for Dad's birthday) and younger one is having supper with her boyfriend's family. We didn't get any invitations, so we are having a quiet supper, lamb chops for me, steak for DH, and veggies.
Easier to stay on plan that way. May try to find someone to visit this evening, I am well rested now and would like to be social if not working.
have games, will travel ( a little)
Hope we all do ok, a chocolate fest is a lot for me to deal with.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I am amazed. I went to the store when I got through at the beauty shop and I never saw the Easter junk foods. I am shocked because I know I had to pass them if they were where they were putting them out when I'd been there before. I didn't even realize until I got home that I never even saw any of them. So no temptations were in the house this year. A really new accomplishment for me since I always want my favorite Easter candy, but didn't miss it this time. DH and I went to church this morning and came home nothing else going on. So that made things a lot easier as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #83  
Come on Spring!

I'm feeling a bit better about my chocolate indulgence. Just could not resist running the goodies through Fitday:
50 grams of milk chocolate - 266 calories and 16 grams of fat with 50 grams of carbs.
1/8 of a 9" lemon meringue pie - 362 calories and 16 grams of fat with 30 grams of carbs. (My sister cuts her pies in six so the dessert I turned down would be higher!)

I did resist all the samples at teh foodie even yesterday and ate carefully at dinner last night. Today's party is here so I will have good control over what I eat. I definitely will indulge in the prime rib though - it's been a while since I had it (maybe a year?) and I intend to enjoy.

BGL was good this morning and the scale is moving the right way although that darn ticker is still lying. That will be "fixed" this week.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #84  
Madeleine

Ruth, Prime Rib will have no effect on your sugars, so you SHOULD enjoy it. GO for it! I am gonna have a quiet day, hubby and daughter home and I am working a bit, and going to town to see my little Lilia, she is over 2months old now, haven't seen her in 2 weeks, so a visit is in order. She is always happy to snuggle up and see her auntie Madeleine. Maybe make a butternut squash soup tonight, or celeriac soup. either way, soup is easy to eat, and DH and DD can have grilled cheese sandwiches with it, while I just eat sliced cheese. Its supposed to rain later, but right now is sunny morning, above freezing, and will get warmer as the day goes on. Finally spring.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

Yup, I'll indulge without worrying about BGL. It's the calories that freak me. I have pretty dress to wear to a wedding mid-June and want to look good in it. It fits now but is a bit snug in the bust - should say snug in the backfat!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #86  

Good Morning!

I was able to follow my plan for Easter and I feel pretty good about it. Last night we had chinese takeout and I was able to stay on plan with portions and carbs by supplementing my plate with a large salad. I had very small portions of the stuff I love.

My DIL has been told that she is "pre-diabetic" so she has been trying a carb controlled diet and bs testing for about a month. I have been able to help her a little. I think it has given her more confidence to watch me make such a big lifestyle change these last months. There is a good result to every occurance!

Well, good luck with the day, all.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #87  
Madeleine

Montana, how nice that your DIL can turn to you for advice, and has seen enough to look to you for that advice.
My fasting bs was 4.7 this am, but am fighting the binge urge since I'm tired from working in the night, these are my hard times. Was very happy to come home this pm and find that DH has made supper, chicken and salad. I guess he is finally listening. He has yoga intro class tonight. I am really happy he is going. I will get to go to yoga both wed and thurs night this week, and had a class during the day yesterday. Hope that the weekend will go ok, lots of parties and social things coming up.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #88  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Back on track today after a major flurry of foodie events. Now to get that pesky 1½ pounds off and my FBGL down. It's been running around six lately which is high for me.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #89  

Good morning!
FBS was 84 this morning and I am very happy with that result since I ate two meals out yesterday while working and shopping. I managed to stay on plan.

I found lots of wonderful new shirts and tops on my shopping trip last night. I am so grateful that my DIL took me shopping because I simply don't know how to pick clothes. I have spent most of my life holding up a shirt and trying to decide if it will cover me - no clue about what looks good. When they met me at a department store, I was looking at a rack of shirts. She said, "first question: WHY are you looking at the 2x-3x clothes? That is NOT your size anymore!" We laughed and put all the shirts back and went to the regular sized clothes. Weird!

Have a lovely day.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #90  
Come on Spring!

Time to cut carbs more. FBGL is still too high at 6.? most mornings. Not sure what has changed - meds are still the same.

Montana, isn't it great to be down a size? I am still chuffed about wearing size 14 pants. The top still seems to say the same though.
Closed Thread